Knight Rider Rated In Worst Tv Shows Of The Decade

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Super Flash
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider Rated In Worst Tv Shows Of The Decade

Post by Super Flash » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:52 am

:D Hello There Everyone,

8) I can see that we all have our varied opinions on the latest Knight Rider series but, I do not and will not agree with the notion that Knight Rider 2008 stunk. I believe it was enjoyable. As for Cheers being great in the beginning well, that is debatable. I do agree in time that the show like Star Trek: The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine got far better over time. Knight Rider could have been there two had NBC gave the show a far better chance then they did. That is why I did the Cheers comparison. Cheers ratings was weak in the first season but, was given a chance to succeed and the show got better ratings each season to the end which I believe was the 11th. Heck, the show had a spin off that lasted just as long. Unless this version of Knight Rider is brought back some how we will never know how better the show would have gotten from a second season and beyond. I still miss the show and want it back on the air.

As for the Mustang being the car used for KITT is fine in my book. Still, though I would love to see KITT as a
Cadillac Eldorado. The Eldorado's suffered the same fate as The Pontiac Trans Am but, there are still plenty of them still around that could work.

Well, it is snowing heavily here in West Chester, Pennsylvania and we could get about two feet of snow before it is all said and done. I am going to bed now, take care and catch you all later. :good:

Michael P. Nepa :kitt2:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

Dino Pollard
Stranger
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Dino Pollard » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:38 am

Josch Schulz wrote:

Code: Select all

I think KNIGHT RIDER 2008 was One of the BEST Shows of the Decade!!!
Why did the series then ended that early? I am sorry but it is one of the Worst Tv Shows Of The Decade. Look @ the ironic way: Eaven Team Knight Rider has more epsiodes !!!! And this is a fact !!! But people like the show and we must exapt the people. Facts are Facts. The show is ended and this is a fact. :roll: :roll:
I'm sorry, but this logic of "if it was good, then why was it canceled?" is just absolutely ridiculous and I'll give you a perfect example -- Firefly. That show was one of the greatest shows ever made, extremely well-acted, well-directed, well-written, very creative and original, and yet it only lasted for about half a season (and those episodes were aired out of order). Now compare that to Smallville, easily one of the worst shows currently on television and has continued to rely on the exact same clichés week after week going on nine years so far.

And don't get me started on reality TV, which is an insult to anyone with an IQ larger than their shoe size.

Go ahead and take a look at some of the biggest box office hits of all time. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is in the top ten highest grossing movies in the U.S. (according to IMDB). Can you honestly tell me with a straight face that Revenge of the Fallen is a better movie than The Godfather (#241) or The Graduate (#400)?

Now I'm not saying KR08 was amazing by any means. I enjoyed it, I thought it was fun, but I have no delusions that it was a guilty pleasure. But I hate this logic of "if it's not popular, it must be horrible." Popular doesn't equal better. I would think anyone who's been through high school would have learned that lesson.

juliec30
Rookie

Post by juliec30 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:45 pm

I can say that KR was pretty bad at the beginning. I mean the first 4 maybe 5 episodes were not that good. It did get good towards the middle and at the end of the season. I just wish KR did come back and that Justin Bruening got to play Michael Knight again. Glad we got the box set and we have the original and we get to enjoy what we have.
Always keep Knight Rider in your heart and soul and it will live on forever.