Knight Rider 2008 DVD is here

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Radicalas
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider 2008 DVD is here

Post by Radicalas » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:43 pm

I'll definitely buy DVD, when it will be released in UK. Can't wait for September 14th.

Lauzzy81
Recruit

!

Post by Lauzzy81 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:03 pm

That's cool! I have preoreded th UK one and I just found out, that a danish tv-channel is going to show the new Knight Rider from September 1st, totally nice! But seems like they're gonne show the pilot as a 2 parter!

.:!FILDA!:.
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: Jirikov, Usti region, Czech Repubilc (Jiříkov, Ústecký kraj, Česká Republika)

Post by .:!FILDA!:. » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:22 pm

I don´t know if I must publish links to download but I try it.

It isn´t RIP but is it a Full 4 DVD discs.
Last edited by Matthew on Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To remove an illegal download link.
Please excuse my english, I'm still learning. Thanks!
!!! FAN FROM CZECH REPUBLIC !!!

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:37 pm

.:!FILDA!:. wrote: I don´t know if I must publish links to download but I try it.
Posting links to download copyrighted material is strictly forbidden, especially if you haven't
got permission from the owners of the TV copyright. For Knight Rider, it's NBC Universal.

Pct1theory
Rookie

Post by Pct1theory » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:57 pm

DJGM wrote:
.:!FILDA!:. wrote: I don´t know if I must publish links to download but I try it.
Posting links to download copyrighted material is strictly forbidden, especially if you haven't
got permission from the owners of the TV copyright. For Knight Rider, it's NBC Universal.
Yeah but everyone at NBC are just crooks who premiere so many new shows only to miss manage them and crumble them only after a few episodes to then just repeat the same process and use the same excuse of their only two "good" current shows and their older shows. Bleh.

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:48 pm

Be that as it may, we still cannot and will not condone the use of illegal methods to obtain the series Pct1theory, as doing so would place our community in jeopardy since a company like NBC would almost certainly take action against the wilful infringement of their copyrights. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Pct1theory
Rookie

Post by Pct1theory » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:22 am

Matthew wrote:Be that as it may, we still cannot and will not condone the use of illegal methods to obtain the series Pct1theory, as doing so would place our community in jeopardy since a company like NBC would almost certainly take action against the wilful infringement of their copyrights. :good:

Matt
Yeah I know, I just like to Rant (as you know :P ) and i'm all for piracy :good: but you are correct :D
(needs more emoticons to express distress :P )

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:55 am

I wish there was more extras,really I do...like even of Val Kilmer doing the voice work or something.
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

Operative
Location: Jirikov, Usti region, Czech Repubilc (Jiříkov, Ústecký kraj, Česká Republika)

Post by .:!FILDA!:. » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:11 am

I´m so sorry. I don't know as though it mustn't it. Next time it will not be repeated. I promise. :good:

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:55 pm

Pct1theory wrote:Yeah I know, I just like to Rant (as you know :P ) and i'm all for piracy :good: but you are correct :D
Not to worry mate, I get where you’re coming from. It was just point that I needed to make. :good:
.:!FILDA!:. wrote:I´m so sorry. I don't know as though it mustn't it. Next time it will not be repeated. I promise. :good:
Don’t give it a second thought Filda. We all make mistakes, and what with different laws for each country, mistakes like this are easily made. :)

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Operative

Post by .:!FILDA!:. » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:02 pm

Yeah thanks for your good help.

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:28 pm

Anyone who condones piracy is a sad and pathetic thief! I'm usually not one to say such things on the internet, but I also don't like to mince my words when it comes to a topic I care about. No one in the world has the right to pirate the material that belongs to someone else, no matter WHO they are! There's a load of people counting on the sale of such goods for their income, to live, feed, support their families etc, and I'm not just talking about the big actors and the producers, I'm talking about the "smaller" (for want of a better word) men and women who will be the first ones to lose their jobs or be the first ones who can't cope with what they're earning just because there's idiots out there who think they've some god-given right to illegally download whatever they want!!
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

Pct1theory
Rookie

Post by Pct1theory » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:15 am

Matthew wrote:
Pct1theory wrote:Yeah I know, I just like to Rant (as you know :P ) and i'm all for piracy :good: but you are correct :D
Not to worry mate, I get where you’re coming from. It was just point that I needed to make. :good:
just doing your job (which is highly appreciated) :good:
knightendo77 wrote:Anyone who condones piracy is a sad and pathetic thief! I'm usually not one to say such things on the internet, but I also don't like to mince my words when it comes to a topic I care about. No one in the world has the right to pirate the material that belongs to someone else, no matter WHO they are! There's a load of people counting on the sale of such goods for their income, to live, feed, support their families etc, and I'm not just talking about the big actors and the producers, I'm talking about the "smaller" (for want of a better word) men and women who will be the first ones to lose their jobs or be the first ones who can't cope with what they're earning just because there's idiots out there who think they've some god-given right to illegally download whatever they want!!
You are correct, but I only pirate from the big guys (such as a big corporation that makes lots of money - oh i don't know... say a company that has a certain chime "in" with the notes G-E-C). I am more than happy to buy products from the little guys or things that I really respect and like.

But enough about the piracy, this is a piracy free form and lets keep it that way so the chime "in" dudes don't get angry. :lol:

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:58 am

That's not what I'm talking about, you think this is about not giving money to the NBC bigwigs, who are actually the ones on huge salaries and DON'T take a cut from DVD sales etc. No, the producers, writers, actors (like Justin and Paul) will be taking cuts, as will the "smaller people" and I didn't mean small companies I mean the stunt men, technicians, CGI guys, editors etc etc, who all (depending of which contract option they decided to go for) could possibly be paid a certain amount of money from each sale. Every time you pirate something you are stealing, simple as that. And you're not just stealing from the company, you're stealing wages from those that made the show or movie in the first place, right down to those who simply can't afford to take home less money!!

By your reasoning I can walk into my local big supermarket chain (eg Tesco's or Asda) and take spaghetti, bolognese sauce, mince meat and a load of veg for my dinner tonight and not pay for them, but that's okay because afterwards I'll go into the small corner shop and buy a pint of milk. That makes everything ok (sic).

That's ludicrous, as is your reasoning. You have no right to download something that someone else (no matter what company or group of people) made, none at all! You don't want to pay NBC? Then you're stealing from the KR production crew!

At the end of the day, piracy is a crime and anybody who commits it is nothing but a lowly thief and deserves to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:03 pm

knightendo77 wrote:That's not what I'm talking about, you think this is about not giving money to the NBC bigwigs, who are actually the ones on huge salaries and DON'T take a cut from DVD sales etc. No, the producers, writers, actors (like Justin and Paul) will be taking cuts, as will the "smaller people" and I didn't mean small companies I mean the stunt men, technicians, CGI guys, editors etc etc, who all (depending of which contract option they decided to go for) could possibly be paid a certain amount of money from each sale. Every time you pirate something you are stealing, simple as that. And you're not just stealing from the company, you're stealing wages from those that made the show or movie in the first place, right down to those who simply can't afford to take home less money!!

By your reasoning I can walk into my local big supermarket chain (eg Tesco's or Asda) and take spaghetti, bolognese sauce, mince meat and a load of veg for my dinner tonight and not pay for them, but that's okay because afterwards I'll go into the small corner shop and buy a pint of milk. That makes everything ok (sic).

That's ludicrous, as is your reasoning. You have no right to download something that someone else (no matter what company or group of people) made, none at all! You don't want to pay NBC? Then you're stealing from the KR production crew!

At the end of the day, piracy is a crime and anybody who commits it is nothing but a lowly thief and deserves to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
I agree. If you take royalties from the creative folks by illegally copying, you'll end up with a sub-standard product (i.e. poorly written and produced shows) because the talented people will go elsewhere. It's what's happening in the music business, and it's in danger of happening in TV and movies. And as you point out knightendo, the 'big guys' you think you're hurting, don't get hurt. The little guys who work for them do.

And besides, I'm not really sure where you're coming from with all this hate for NBC. They're an entertainment company, not part of some sinister conspiracy. They sank about $50 million into KR, and they have every right to pull the plug anytime they want.

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:20 pm

My sentiments exactly Shapeshifter, thanks for being so much more eloquent than me :)

And I don't understand the hate either. That's a helluva lot of money and yes they've cancelled the show, but they were also the ones who brought it back in the first place. They're the ones who were constantly on GST's back to make changes in those first episodes as his vision wasn't what KR was all about, and they even eventually made the decision to reboot the show and forced GST to do so (as he has himself confirmed in an interview). They tried. It didn't receive the figures they wanted for such a budget-heavy show (and they advertised the hell out of it before the series aired and for the first few weeks it was on and they STILL got only half the audience of the pilot!) and at the end of the day they're a business. Even though I didn't want them to, I still don't blame them for canning it, after everything they tried if they don't want to sink another $50million in to a show that's floundering that makes sense! It's just TOO BIG a gamble in this current climate.
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

Pct1theory
Rookie

Post by Pct1theory » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:35 pm

knightendo77 wrote:That's not what I'm talking about, you think this is about not giving money to the NBC bigwigs, who are actually the ones on huge salaries and DON'T take a cut from DVD sales etc. No, the producers, writers, actors (like Justin and Paul) will be taking cuts, as will the "smaller people" and I didn't mean small companies I mean the stunt men, technicians, CGI guys, editors etc etc, who all (depending of which contract option they decided to go for) could possibly be paid a certain amount of money from each sale. Every time you pirate something you are stealing, simple as that. And you're not just stealing from the company, you're stealing wages from those that made the show or movie in the first place, right down to those who simply can't afford to take home less money!!

The whole NBC thing was a joke anyways, Geeze (once again, need more emoticons to express this post :lol: :P )

Ok bro take it easy, Not what I meant. I bought the DVD Number 1 because I love the whole thing and I'm glad NBC brought the show back and even creating a DVD of this great show. I was talking about the executives and corporate slime balls.I thank everyone (including all the talented actors, actresses, editors, writers, producers, MasterKey and the Stunt guys etc. etc. and of course Ford Motor Company [ :mrgreen: ]).

And for the whole "walk into a supermarket and take stuff is the same as piracy" - No. The owner of that market would be losing money who I'm sure has a family to support as well as paying his or her employees even if its a big company. You obviously took it that the wrong way but that doesn't matter. In most cases piracy helps and increases the sales of products such as pirating a game to try it out, see if it runs of your system, (most pirated games don't even have an online feature, another reason to buy the game) - if people like it and respect it and think its a great product they will BUY it. Same applies to Music, Movies, Software (Basically trying it out before the purchase). Of course you will have the idiot who just steals it and doesn't care but that can happen to anything anywhere. I'm not that person.

A lot of people who create these products encourage pirating there stuff such as musical artists like Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead, Duffy, 50 Cent, (Dare I say it) Kid Rock, The Horrors, Noel Gallagher of the band Oasis, Joss Stone, But thats all I can think of off the top of my head. Piracy helps people go to the artists shows where they have a great time and the Artist(s) make money.

Here is a great article explaining how piracy increases sales: http://torrentfreak.com/why-most-artist ... om-piracy/

Now once again, I'm not going to discuss any more piracy on these forums, Its not the place. Find another way and I might.

and Thank You to everyone and anyone who has worked on Knight Rider because it is a great show with its amazing and talented crew that put the thing together so us viewers can enjoy it.

Oh and if NBC decided to make some damn merch for the show I sure as hell would buy it (as long as its not $25 for a t-shirt because thats the stuff I hate. Overpriced so that the big guys can make the extra money and rip the consumer off because they can.).

Now lets get back to the Knight Rider DVD Discussion.

davidknightrider
Rookie

Post by davidknightrider » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:55 am

knightendo77 wrote:Anyone who condones piracy is a sad and pathetic thief! I'm usually not one to say such things on the internet, but I also don't like to mince my words when it comes to a topic I care about. No one in the world has the right to pirate the material that belongs to someone else, no matter WHO they are! There's a load of people counting on the sale of such goods for their income, to live, feed, support their families etc, and I'm not just talking about the big actors and the producers, I'm talking about the "smaller" (for want of a better word) men and women who will be the first ones to lose their jobs or be the first ones who can't cope with what they're earning just because there's idiots out there who think they've some god-given right to illegally download whatever they want!!
Just because someone condones piracy, doesn't make them a thief.
The majority of the people who work on the shows get their money without any problems.
Its the fact that these greedy companies think they can put out substandard products and expect people to pay their hard earned cash in return for complete garbage.
Sorry, but thats not acceptable.

In some instances, this so called "piracy" has not affected people at all. For starters, look at "Wolverine", the entire movie in workprint form got leaked out, yet the movie still made huge profits at the box office.
The same with several other big movies that were leaked.

Most people who download the shows like "heroes" and "24" usually encourage other people to watch them, and in turn create more fans.

NBC sucks balls, so if they suffer, then they deserve to suffer. The stuntman, small workers won't suffer. The big CEO's will simple move on to the next show and try to pimp money from elsewhere.

Sorry, but in my opinion, theres more important things in life to worry about than whether someone has downloaded an episode of a TV show.

NBC sucks, they can rot in hell.

knighttransam
Volunteer

Post by knighttransam » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:29 am

bought soon as hit stores,for old kr fans theres some stuff that might tick u off like theres a part when they say they didnt want the scanner to be the same cause it would resemble the old car.
im all for a 2nd season cause honestly the show wasnt bad even though i cant stand mustangs and did anyone else notice whenever there was a chance to give a "tip of the hat"towards the old kr they dont?i think if they would do a lil tipping of the hat it would bring more people to watch it(cant now lol) especially orig fans that wouldnt watch cause of the stang.

Pct1theory
Rookie

Post by Pct1theory » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:48 pm

davidknightrider wrote:
Just because someone condones piracy, doesn't make them a thief.
The majority of the people who work on the shows get their money without any problems.
Its the fact that these greedy companies think they can put out substandard products and expect people to pay their hard earned cash in return for complete garbage.
Sorry, but thats not acceptable.

In some instances, this so called "piracy" has not affected people at all. For starters, look at "Wolverine", the entire movie in workprint form got leaked out, yet the movie still made huge profits at the box office.
The same with several other big movies that were leaked.

Most people who download the shows like "heroes" and "24" usually encourage other people to watch them, and in turn create more fans.

NBC sucks balls, so if they suffer, then they deserve to suffer. The stuntman, small workers won't suffer. The big CEO's will simple move on to the next show and try to pimp money from elsewhere.

Sorry, but in my opinion, theres more important things in life to worry about than whether someone has downloaded an episode of a TV show.

NBC sucks, they can rot in hell.
Thank You! and I Totally 100% Agree. :good:

weskm
Stranger

Post by weskm » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:33 am

TV is public anyway. No fee has to be paid except by the advertiser. Those of you downloading tv shows from torrent sites will never be prosecuted because of the nature of how TV shows air en mass. Now movies and music, that's another story.
So with the above theory, Once a MOVIE is broadcast publicly on TV then it's legal to get a copy from a Torrent? as now it has been a show air en mass.

Why is music different since RADIO broadcasts the songs air en mass?

I don't disagree with you, just want to ensure I have my defense ready should the day come.....