Knight Rider News - NBC Announces Their 2009-2010 Line-up

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Knight Rider News - NBC Announces Their 2009-2010 Line-up

Post by krrdr2010 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:30 pm

If you need any more proof that if you don't listen to the viewer you'll lose them, look at the Joke that is NBC's Wednesday Night Lineup. It is horrible, and the ratings are worse this year than when they had KR, which I saw every week without fail. In fact, I've been having one the best gut-busting laughs of my life when I think about how bad the new wednesday night lineup is. It just goes to show that if you don't listen to the viewers and fans......oh, well!!! KR fans have to fight to get KR on SYFY, Syndication or Maybe CBS-look what happened to Medium.

.:!FILDA!:.
Operative
Location: Jirikov, Usti region, Czech Repubilc (Jiříkov, Ústecký kraj, Česká Republika)

Post by .:!FILDA!:. » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:58 pm

krrdr2010 wrote:If you need any more proof that if you don't listen to the viewer you'll lose them, look at the Joke that is NBC's Wednesday Night Lineup. It is horrible, and the ratings are worse this year than when they had KR, which I saw every week without fail. In fact, I've been having one the best gut-busting laughs of my life when I think about how bad the new wednesday night lineup is. It just goes to show that if you don't listen to the viewers and fans......oh, well!!! KR fans have to fight to get KR on SYFY, Syndication or Maybe CBS-look what happened to Medium.
Exactly, thaťs my words. :good:
Please excuse my english, I'm still learning. Thanks!
!!! FAN FROM CZECH REPUBLIC !!!

.:!FILDA!:.

tyrone
Volunteer

Post by tyrone » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:14 pm

barrett-jackson are selling two shelby mustang gt500kr cars from the knight rider auctions now apparently one is the attack mode one and the stealth attack one so it looks like season 2 is doomed now :( :kitt: i think they never marketed the show properly if they did it would have been a run away success in the uk. everyone i know love the new show but as always they kill it off then realise they made a mistake :kitt:

ken3000
Volunteer

Post by ken3000 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:17 am

If they make a second season probably drop current car and use 2010 Mustang.So selling old car means nothing. :D

KITT
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KITT » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:08 pm

nbc didn't advertise for the show properly from the beginning.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mykittcar
Rookie

Post by mykittcar » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:58 am

I agree with they didn't advertise for crap for the show thats why they had bad ratings ,but they advertise *?$# shows like (comedy,reality shows , and etc)more than knight rider was on in that time.And another thing that didn't help is the long time between episodes at the end

It is like FOX channel got rid of terminator show after the second season and they left that as a cliff hanger. an need to complete it for a 3rd season

and ABC is crap they just got the season started of Defying Gravity and they took it off I haven't seen it on lately on at Sunday 10 pm .They have like 6 episodes made and that it so far.

I notice people are not into sci fi stuff anymore.because networks are killing them off and not giving them chances to make it .And it sucks.

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:40 am

mykittcar wrote:I agree with they didn't advertise for crap for the show thats why they had bad ratings ,but they advertise *?$# shows like (comedy,reality shows , and etc)more than knight rider was on in that time.And another thing that didn't help is the long time between episodes at the end

It is like FOX channel got rid of terminator show after the second season and they left that as a cliff hanger. an need to complete it for a 3rd season

and ABC is crap they just got the season started of Defying Gravity and they took it off I haven't seen it on lately on at Sunday 10 pm .They have like 6 episodes made and that it so far.

I notice people are not into sci fi stuff anymore.because networks are killing them off and not giving them chances to make it .And it sucks.
I flat out refuse to watch anything on NBC anymore, and it looked like they might have had a couple of cool shows coming on this year.
As for Defying Gravity, it had either 13 or 16 episodes, and I believe they're using it as a late summer show. It had about the same number of episodes as Warehouse 13 and Eureka. Defying Gravity and Warehouse 13 are both awesome shows, and I believe they will be back.
I was rather upset at the way they left Sarah Conner Chronicles, as well.
It seems that this season, everything good is either on Thursday or Friday nights. There's nothing good on at all on Tuesdays, and the rest of the week, there's only one or two things on. Thank goodness for DVR!
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:37 pm

How I wish KR was back :( .The only things I watch anymore are House MD,and CSI vegas.So tuesdays and wednesdays have nothing on for me.Then the CW moved Smallville to friday nights but that show is going downhill and the writers are ruining the Superman mythos :x ,I dont even know how it got another season,Im hoping this is the last.

I also watch Lie to Me on Mondays after House which is ok but I find myself looking for other stuff to do.Yes I also wish we finished off Terminator,I would love to have a season 3 close up everything :( .
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:48 am

KITT wrote:nbc didn't advertise for the show properly from the beginning.
A lot of people used to agree that NBC actually advertised the heck out of it!

Check out all the tv spots for the pilot episode and the series when it first started on youtube.

There are tons!

And if they didn't advertise properly, how comes the pilot episode was no.1 the week it originally aired and had a good repeat rating also?

The series itself started strong, then dwindled and then went back up again toward the end of the season. Not a sign of poor advertising at all.

They slacked off toward the end but they made their mind up that it was over at that point so naturally they would stop putting money into advertising.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

davidknightrider
Rookie

Post by davidknightrider » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:54 pm

what i dont understand is that KR has been sold around the world, well Season 1 that is. And its been getting big ratings across Asia, Europe etc.

Surely thats enough to produce a second season?

I see no reason why other production companies cannot fund a Season 2.

Just look at the UK show "Primeval". it costs £1 million a show to make as its CGI intensive. It got cancelled earlier this year because ITV coudl not afford to make it anymore. However, its now being brought back via funding from several companies.

It basically came back from the dead.

KR can do the same.

I'm pretty sure, European and Asian companies are willing to fund a second season.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:11 am

they stopped advertising for it 3 episodes in.
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:15 pm

Skav wrote:
KITT wrote:nbc didn't advertise for the show properly from the beginning.
A lot of people used to agree that NBC actually advertised the heck out of it!

Check out all the tv spots for the pilot episode and the series when it first started on youtube.

There are tons!

And if they didn't advertise properly, how comes the pilot episode was no.1 the week it originally aired and had a good repeat rating also?

The series itself started strong, then dwindled and then went back up again toward the end of the season. Not a sign of poor advertising at all.

They slacked off toward the end but they made their mind up that it was over at that point so naturally they would stop putting money into advertising.
I don't think most people here (including myself) who feel that NBC didn't properly advertise KR08 "from the beginning" include the pilot. YES, the pilot did relatively well, which is why they went ahead with the series. But the show, as you said, started off well, partially because NBC started off advertising the series premiere, but then barely promoted the show. The Obama special a week before election day threw off most people, and the episode immediately after (Knight of the Living Dead) had dismal ratings. It was a struggle to recover from then on, but, and as you said, the ratings did improve, DESPITE the poor advertising by NBC. The last three eps barely had any promos other than the teaser at the end of the previous week's episode.

I'm still hoping that NBC decides to make KR a mid-season replacement for Mercy or some other crappy show. ABC seems to have the best prime time line up on any given day this season, while NBC seems to be on another planet.
Bring Knight Rider back for Season 2!!

Quicksilver
Volunteer

Post by Quicksilver » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:38 pm

I'm still disappointed that KR hasn't been renewed for 2009-2010. How much did each episode of KR cost to make?

I just read that NBC canceled "Trauma." Isn't that the most expensive show on NBC that cost around $3mil to make?

Hermiod
Stranger

Post by Hermiod » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:58 am

Let us not forget how the ratings are done in the US. The Nielsen Company is hired by most TV stations and networks for gathering rating information. How do they do this? This is a quote from their web site.

"TV Ratings are captured, stored in house metering systems and retrieved from approximately 25,000 metered households daily."

That being compared to the US population of 307,815,691 (projected to 10/30/09 at 04:26 UTC) is less than .01%.

How is it that these 25,000 people can be considered the voice of the nation for TV?

If you ask me, we need a better way of keeping track of what people are watching. I TV stations and networks would be better off sending out periodic surveys to every household in the area they service.

I wonder how much money this Nielsen Company makes off of all these stations. Perhaps someone should start a company that sends out forms for people to fill out telling them what they watch at what times. Then this one company would have a better idea of what people watch than the Nielsen Company.

This may be flawed in a household with multiple TVs with people watching different things, but it would still be more accurate than less 0.01% of the population.

I for one think the new Knight Rider was awesome and should be brought back. I think the show took a turn for the better when they got rid of the government, but NBC didn't give it enough time to see how it turned out.

-Hermiod

Bandit1
Operative

Post by Bandit1 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:52 am

I for one think the new Knight Rider was awesome and should be brought back. I think the show took a turn for the better when they got rid of the government, but NBC didn't give it enough time to see how it turned out.
:good:

and dont forget,they had no comercials for the new parts of the show :cry:
Sorry for bad laguage,i´m still learning english!

GREETINGS FROM GERMANY

Kris Vpro
Stranger

Post by Kris Vpro » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:47 pm

Hello guys :) Sorry it's my first post on international forum. Can samebody tell my, Have you got some informations about Second Season Knight Rider?? It's true that show was cancelled?? Have you got some official news from NBC about series?? Whay they did this?? I thing that Knight Rider was very very cool and actors and actress was ideal to this move :)Sarah, Billy, Zoe, Michael :) nice person :)
Sorry about mistakes :) My english can be not to good :) I will waiting for a answer, If somebody have a some news plase write me a e-mail kris540@wp.pl cyas

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:59 pm

Kris Vpro wrote:Hello guys :) Sorry it's my first post on international forum. Can samebody tell my, Have you got some informations about Second Season Knight Rider?? It's true that show was cancelled?? Have you got some official news from NBC about series?? Whay they did this?? I thing that Knight Rider was very very cool and actors and actress was ideal to this move :)Sarah, Billy, Zoe, Michael :) nice person :)
Sorry about mistakes :) My english can be not to good :) I will waiting for a answer, If somebody have a some news plase write me a e-mail kris540@wp.pl cyas
I'm afraid that Knight Rider 2008 is no more. Although there's been no official cancellation, the chances of it coming back are very slim.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kris Vpro
Stranger

Post by Kris Vpro » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:01 pm

So we have some chance, right?? What we can do??

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:29 pm

Matt is right Kris. The show is NOT coming back. No way not ever. (At least in the form of KR2008)
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

Kris Vpro
Stranger

Post by Kris Vpro » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:15 am

It's bad news :/ So what about a second season campagain?? It's not neccessary??

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:33 am

taoworm2323 wrote:Matt is right Kris. The show is NOT coming back. No way not ever. (At least in the form of KR2008)
no need to be so brutal about it.

and kris, we've been trying the 2nd season campaign (re: front page of kro) since the season finale.

Aydann.
Rookie

Post by Aydann. » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:25 am

I'v just posted a comment on http://www.nbc.com/news/2009/05/04/nbc- ... 0-primeti/ Asking for them to Bring KR back,
But I don't think this is going to help? maybe if a few people Emailed NBC to get Knight Rider back on the list with Season 2. Its worth a Try I say.

If you go on their Contact Us page "http://www.nbc.com/contact/general/", Knight Rider is still their!!! That doesn't mean its Completly Dead does it? Just write them letters via that link, asking them to create Season 2. Like I said before, Its worth a Try.

"1 Man Can make a Difference" xD
One man can make a difference, Michael.

Bandit1
Operative

Post by Bandit1 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:38 pm

you will never get an answer fom nbc.
i tried this for a while 8)

NBC sucks :roll:
Sorry for bad laguage,i´m still learning english!

GREETINGS FROM GERMANY

Matt547
Stranger

Post by Matt547 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:19 pm

Hello Knight Rider fans,
I live in the UK and the first season of Knight Rider has just started to be broadcast on channel five and im now hooked its such a shame that there will be no season 2 when this season ends :( , unless NBC or another company makes a season 2 :D

adrianna
Recruit

Post by adrianna » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:15 am

Hi Matt,
If you really want season 2 then write emails to NBC as we all do, tell your friends to do it and if you have a few email addresses then do it a few times.

I live in UK too. soo keep on trying people: we will be heard(hopefully) :)
---------------------
SEAN: Who's driving?!
KI3T: I am.
SEAN: Forget the driving, who's talking?!!!!
KI3T: I am, you may call me KITT...
----------------------

HILARIOUS! :kittconv: