Knight Rider News - NBC Announces Their 2009-2010 Line-up

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Drake
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider News - NBC Announces Their 2009-2010 Line-up

Post by Drake » Tue May 05, 2009 11:53 pm

I'm sure that EW predicted that The Watchmen was a great movie too. They got that one wrong.
The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........

Knytemare
Volunteer

Post by Knytemare » Wed May 06, 2009 2:02 am

I'm still holding out that Knight Rider WILL come back. I don't care what nay sayers on other websites (and surprisingly here) have to say. I agree, we cannot just give in!
"I am the Knight Industries Roving Assistant, but you may call me KIRA for short."

stevefawcett
Operative

Post by stevefawcett » Wed May 06, 2009 3:00 am

Shame it has gone on the Scifi channel in the UK ,does anyone watch that channel? Maybee the UK can save it,like it did baywatch:D

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Wed May 06, 2009 10:37 am

Well SKY are currently running an advert here in the UK to promote their new package deals that includes a short clip of KR to promote the Sci-Fi channel. If SKY have chosen KR to promote the Sci-Fi channel that has to be a positive thing.
Could I care less if KR returns with NBC or via syndication....? errr :roll: no not really!

Lets say KR doesnt get picked up for renewal and the shows ratings go through the roof over here in the UK (crazier things have happened!). Your telling me that the 'powers that be' wont re commission the show?
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

Bishop37
Recruit

Post by Bishop37 » Wed May 06, 2009 11:16 am

chrisjones wrote:Lets say KR doesnt get picked up for renewal and the shows ratings go through the roof over here in the UK (crazier things have happened!). Your telling me that the 'powers that be' wont re commission the show?
LMAO!

Yes, the ratings are really going to go through the roof on the UK Sci Fi Channel.

http://www.barb.co.uk/report/weeklyTopProgrammes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

The show's deader than Elvis.

Knight4life
Operative

Post by Knight4life » Wed May 06, 2009 12:57 pm

Can someone contact Denna or smith cho or billy to know the current situation contacting GST and Justin would be useless since they already have contracts signed with NBC they won't speak up.

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Wed May 06, 2009 1:49 pm

Drake wrote:I'm sure that EW predicted that The Watchmen was a great movie too. They got that one wrong.

Watchmen sucked?

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Wed May 06, 2009 1:51 pm

Hi guys sorry I've been away a while but I was realy dumb and lost my password.. :oops:
I must thanks Neps for his help in getting me logged back in..

Anyway back to the topic in hand.
I'm realy disapointed as I'm sure we all are that we have been left in LImo for another 2 weeks..

i just hope we can find out for better or worse on the 19th what is happening..

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Wed May 06, 2009 2:12 pm

Bishop37 wrote:
chrisjones wrote:Lets say KR doesnt get picked up for renewal and the shows ratings go through the roof over here in the UK (crazier things have happened!). Your telling me that the 'powers that be' wont re commission the show?
LMAO!

Yes, the ratings are really going to go through the roof on the UK Sci Fi Channel.

http://www.barb.co.uk/report/weeklyTopProgrammes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

that site doesn't have may up yet? knight rider didn't premiere until may?
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Wed May 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Bishop37 wrote:
LMAO!

Wow - Well done captain sarcastic. Keep it up, will get you far in the world I'm sure :good:

And FYI yes shows have been renewed based on their popularity even in the UK! Remember a little show called 24?

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Wed May 06, 2009 2:34 pm

Lets say KR doesnt get picked up for renewal and the shows ratings go through the roof over here in the UK (crazier things have happened!). Your telling me that the 'powers that be' wont re commission the show?
That's what I'm saying. I've never heard of a show in recent history that was slammed by virtually every critic, canceled, got explosive overseas ratings, and was re-commissioned on the same network. There's a first for everything I guess.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed May 06, 2009 2:47 pm

Remember a little show called 24?
Little? How is 24 a little show? Explain that to me please...

They've done 7 SEASONS and I still love it more than anything on TV right now!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Wed May 06, 2009 2:57 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:
Remember a little show called 24?
Little? How is 24 a little show? Explain that to me please...

They've done 7 SEASONS and I still love it more than anything on TV right now!
...... nevermind, that was my point exactly, it was popular...

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Wed May 06, 2009 3:04 pm

Whilst I remember - Think back to the mid 80's, a show called 'Star Trek The Next Generation' came on the scene. Wow that got a tonne of abuse from the press and fans, the series came to the BBC in the UK and went ballistic. 20 odd years later the show is still being aired (all be it re-runs) even though it was destined for cancellation after the first series.

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Wed May 06, 2009 5:35 pm

Wow very sad to hear. I didn't have much hope for it getting a second season. It never really had a chance due to the lack of advertisements for the show, the Obama campaign and how different it was in the first few episodes. The writers did start making the show better but by then I believe it was too late and most people were on websites bashing the show to pieces even refusing to give it a second chance. I admit at first I didn't like it very much but it did start to grow on me and with the changes they did towards the end they had a great show in the making. I guess we can say we are lucky to have got this much at all really. I now hate NBC and refuse to watch any of the shows they now air. I will not continue to support a network that didn't fully support our dream.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Wed May 06, 2009 6:27 pm

i don't understand why everyone is giving up so quickly and easily. it feels like a slap in the face to the people who are working so hard to tell NBC they want another season.
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed May 06, 2009 6:59 pm

i don't understand why everyone is giving up so quickly and easily. it feels like a slap in the face to the people who are working so hard to tell NBC they want another season.
This isn't high school! Nobody goes around with a piece of paper to get signatures from people who wish to keep something. If the network decides to take a necessary action on a show that's not bringing the numbers, not a soul on earth can keep them from doing so. It's not about what people want exclusively, it's also about long term investment and profit. You're not getting the big picture here. The fact that you're spreading optimism on the board is fine and heaven forbid anyone should come in your way but don't tell people they're giving up on anything. If they cancel the show, live with it, get over it. Let's hope for something better in the future! If they'll make another season, then that's great!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Wed May 06, 2009 7:47 pm

KITT wrote:i don't understand why everyone is giving up so quickly and easily. it feels like a slap in the face to the people who are working so hard to tell NBC they want another season.
A lot of the save the show campaigns at this point are moot. I mean if they help you feel better like you accomplished something go for it. Plus there's no harm done letting NBC know how popular the KR franchise is. But the hopes for this version of KR to return on NBC are lost. I think what's throwing people off is that NBC has kept mum on KR, not even commenting on it like they did with Chuck. So this has people clinging on to some false hope. I only say this b/c what KR is going through right now is the same pattern that Bionic Woman went through. NBC didn't issue a statement saying no decision has been made yet or even that it was canceled. They just acted like it never existed, a step child that was simply excluded out of the will. I have a feeling that until the Fall slate is completely finalized where each time slot is accounted for, people are still going to insist that KR can be saved.

SingtheMuse
Volunteer

Post by SingtheMuse » Wed May 06, 2009 11:42 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:
This isn't high school! Nobody goes around with a piece of paper to get signatures from people who wish to keep something. If the network decides to take a necessary action on a show that's not bringing the numbers, not a soul on earth can keep them from doing so. It's not about what people want exclusively, it's also about long term investment and profit. You're not getting the big picture here. The fact that you're spreading optimism on the board is fine and heaven forbid anyone should come in your way but don't tell people they're giving up on anything. If they cancel the show, live with it, get over it. Let's hope for something better in the future! If they'll make another season, then that's great!

.....If people "going around with a piece of paper to get signatures" was able to stop a 25 year long war in Uganda, I'm pretty sure it can do something as simple as bring back a TV show...

I wanted to say more but I am so insulted by the comment comparing people who's passion it is to try to make difference in the world to being like "high school" that I think it would be best if I said nothing else.
"I write for fanboy moments. I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to explore all the things I'm afraid of. "-Joss Whedon

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Thu May 07, 2009 12:32 am

SingtheMuse wrote:
Knight-Armen wrote:
.....If people "going around with a piece of paper to get signatures" was able to stop a 25 year long war in Uganda, I'm pretty sure it can do something as simple as bring back a TV show...

I wanted to say more but I am so insulted by the comment comparing people who's passion it is to try to make difference in the world to being like "high school" that I think it would be best if I said nothing else.
amen to that. thanks.

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Thu May 07, 2009 2:33 am

Okay, firstly, stop blaming NBC. They spent millions promoting Knight Rider, people seem to forget they advertised the hell out of it pre-transmission and over the first few weeks but still it didn't bring in more than mediocre ratings. But they had faith in the concept and told GST to make it more like the original AND commissioned more episodes despite poor ratings. I don't think they can be bitched at, do you?!!?!

Secondly, the Sci-Fi Channel here in the UK may only get small ratings, but it's all relative. Medium is seen as a hit on the channel with 150,000+ viewers and so was picked up by the BBC to show on a mainstream channel where a few million now enjoy it. It's not a matter of it hitting millions on a small niche channel, it's about it getting great ratings in comparison to the channel's other shows that we want.

24 WAS a small show in its first year. Fox were going to cancel it mid-season but spared it in order to finish the story (believe it or not but it's true! Fox - known for cancelling shows before giving them a chance - actually put the viewers first!) and by that time it had aired on BBC 2 here in the UK to stellar ratings and so the international appeal was guaranteed. It was sold to other overseas markets and recommissioned. The rest, as they say, is history.
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Thu May 07, 2009 4:40 am

knightendo77 wrote:Okay, firstly, stop blaming NBC. They spent millions promoting Knight Rider, people seem to forget they advertised the hell out of it pre-transmission and over the first few weeks but still it didn't bring in more than mediocre ratings. But they had faith in the concept and told GST to make it more like the original AND commissioned more episodes despite poor ratings. I don't think they can be bitched at, do you?!!?!

Secondly, the Sci-Fi Channel here in the UK may only get small ratings, but it's all relative. Medium is seen as a hit on the channel with 150,000+ viewers and so was picked up by the BBC to show on a mainstream channel where a few million now enjoy it. It's not a matter of it hitting millions on a small niche channel, it's about it getting great ratings in comparison to the channel's other shows that we want.

24 WAS a small show in its first year. Fox were going to cancel it mid-season but spared it in order to finish the story (believe it or not but it's true! Fox - known for cancelling shows before giving them a chance - actually put the viewers first!) and by that time it had aired on BBC 2 here in the UK to stellar ratings and so the international appeal was guaranteed. It was sold to other overseas markets and recommissioned. The rest, as they say, is history.
Now thats what I meant to say.......... only I couldn't be arsed to type it all. At least someone is on the same 'page' as me finally.
Saying that, don't get me wrong, KR 08 has its shortcomings. By the end of series 1 it had really turned around, would be a shame to not see what it could turn into.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu May 07, 2009 5:09 am

War? Uganda? Are you listening to yourself? There was a two-freakin'-year negotiation about a so called "Final Peace Agreement" to end the war. Not to mention over $600 million worth of damage and some remaining LRA forces, who are likely to operate on their own hand on the border areas of Democratic Republic of Congo, Central African Republic, and South Sudan! How can you even think of comparing such a complex thing as a war to a TV show!?

As I said from the beginning, I'm not giving up on anything and for what it's worth I'm still crossing my fingers for something better in the future if the series gets canned. If you have the money to keep Knight Rider on air why not donate some and hope for the best...

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Thu May 07, 2009 6:03 am

knightendo77 wrote:Okay, firstly, stop blaming NBC. They spent millions promoting Knight Rider, people seem to forget they advertised the hell out of it pre-transmission and over the first few weeks but still it didn't bring in more than mediocre ratings. But they had faith in the concept and told GST to make it more like the original AND commissioned more episodes despite poor ratings. I don't think they can be bitched at, do you?!!?!

Largely I agree with what you are saying, NBC did hype KR's pilot very much and successfully as that had 12 million viewers. The series also had promo up until the 3rd or 4th episode when the series was interrupted by Obama and his speech, until that time the series had 7-8 million viewers. After that the series did not have any promo... people did not know that it was coming back in 2 weeks and the show suffered and ratings went down to 4.5-5 million... Then there was the hiatus and (by fans) much anticipated reboot... nothing... no big promo, but the show still recovered a bit in terms of viewers and scored 5-6 million in the last few weeks. The series was left to die... Which is a shame really... I mean I would not expect NBC to do posters and big cardboard cut out promos in malls every week... but a little bit more TV exposure would have been appropriate. Ironically "The chopping block" and "Kings" 2 shows that (came after Knight Rider) did get promoted, but did not last more than just a few weeks and are already officially cancelled.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Thu May 07, 2009 11:19 am

::tapping his foot like Thumper

If you haven't got anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all...

man, I can't wait until 5/19 now...

I really wish that people would be as patient as I have been to not unload any feelings on this subject until the official word comes down. Speculation is just that, and only the high ups at NBC truly know if KR 08 is dead or not.

I'm stating facts now.

To compare petitions, Jericho has currently 132697 signatures:
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/ ... i?09272006" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We've currently got 16261, or a little over 12% of what Jericho got.
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;