Attack Mode build pictures!!!!!

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

User avatar
ozikool
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:44 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Attack Mode build pictures!!!!!

Post by ozikool » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:03 pm

Ohhh,I cant wait to see yours.

Slade
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: Attack Mode build pictures!!!!!

Post by Slade » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:59 pm

Im still in shock and awe over how awesome this will be.
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

User avatar
taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 958
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:47 am

Re: Attack Mode build pictures!!!!!

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:20 pm

Thanks guys! I am really excited too! :D
Heres some more pics of the attack mode fresh after having the add on parts painted.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

User avatar
ThomasKnight
Operative
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:27 pm

Re: Attack Mode build pictures!!!!!

Post by ThomasKnight » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:32 pm

Nice pics again!
Thanks for the answer!
Sounds exciting that you are building one as well :good:
I saw your videos about your replicas and parts like the original scanner from the show: Nice work! :good:
Nice connections with the showmakers!
You are a lucky man, but a really lucky one :)
So keep up the good work with your replicas :good:
"One man can make a difference"
Knight Rider forever

User avatar
FLAGCEO
Operative
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:04 pm

Re: Attack Mode build pictures!!!!!

Post by FLAGCEO » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:09 pm

taoworm2323 wrote:So I just got off the phone with one of my fiberglass dudes and we are going to make my KI3T's attack mode like the preproduction attack mode. :shock:
This attack mode is MUCH better because it can transform in real life instead of cgi.
The collapsable hydroblower will be a prop fitted above the engine that will raise two fold out panels by hydraulics when in attack mode. I will be getting Pierre from Auto Indulgence to figure out a way to do the innershell red light treatment. My bodywork guy can take 2" off the top.
The spoiler lifts up and pushs forward. The sides should be fun as hell to do too.
This is gonna look so boss! :twisted:
Oh boy ideas ideas!



Dude... how did you get those pictures????? Man, you've got connections... that's how you got the pilot movie scanner light!!!!

And don't you have like... a job or something?? You're building a KI3T replica with the REAL scanner light, an actual functioning AI unit that recognizes voice commands and spits out actual and appropriate lines from the series in Val Kilmer's voice WITH the proper graphics in the globe, a working touchscreen center console as in the pilot, a working HUD to project info up onto your windshield... AND you're going to make an attack mode KITT??? Not to mention all of those awesome youtube videos! Holy Crap!

:good:
Bring Knight Rider back for Season 2!!

User avatar
taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 958
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:47 am

Re: Attack Mode build pictures!!!!!

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:43 pm

FLAGCEO wrote:
taoworm2323 wrote:So I just got off the phone with one of my fiberglass dudes and we are going to make my KI3T's attack mode like the preproduction attack mode. :shock:
This attack mode is MUCH better because it can transform in real life instead of cgi.
The collapsable hydroblower will be a prop fitted above the engine that will raise two fold out panels by hydraulics when in attack mode. I will be getting Pierre from Auto Indulgence to figure out a way to do the innershell red light treatment. My bodywork guy can take 2" off the top.
The spoiler lifts up and pushs forward. The sides should be fun as hell to do too.
This is gonna look so boss! :twisted:
Oh boy ideas ideas!



Dude... how did you get those pictures????? Man, you've got connections... that's how you got the pilot movie scanner light!!!!

And don't you have like... a job or something?? You're building a KI3T replica with the REAL scanner light, an actual functioning AI unit that recognizes voice commands and spits out actual and appropriate lines from the series in Val Kilmer's voice WITH the proper graphics in the globe, a working touchscreen center console as in the pilot, a working HUD to project info up onto your windshield... AND you're going to make an attack mode KITT??? Not to mention all of those awesome youtube videos! Holy Crap!

:good:




What do I do for a living?
Why am I building KI3T in real life?
How far am I willing to go?
Where do I get my 'funding'?
Why does KI3T like acid jazz?

Art imitates life and vice versa.

Answer: I have a hope of finding intelligent solutions to violent problems, problems that have changed little in tens if not hundreds of years.
That's what keeps me going, I truly share the same dream.
Do you remember what Wilton Knight once said; One man can make a difference?
No one suggested that what we are doing is easy. Nothing worth while ever is...



:wink:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrN-2gQy-hE
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

Slade
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: Attack Mode build pictures!!!!!

Post by Slade » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:34 pm

:!: Dude Taoworm is goinga be the Knight Rider

Wow just wow :shock:
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

User avatar
Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:01 am

Re: Attack Mode build pictures!!!!!

Post by Garthe Knight » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:37 pm

Hey taoworm, it's so great that you are building the preproduction version of attack mode. As I stated earlier I think it looks much much better than the final version. So I am excited to see it become reality. So please keep us informed about your progress. And good luck for your project :good:

User avatar
taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 958
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:47 am

Re: Attack Mode build pictures!!!!!

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:52 pm

Thanks Garthe! I will keep everyone here posted!
Slade wrote::!: Dude Taoworm is going to be the Knight Rider

Wow just wow :shock:

:lol: :good:
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

User avatar
NN11
Operative
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:53 am

Re: Attack Mode build pictures!!!!!

Post by NN11 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:17 pm

Image

this i much better than the one with the kr badge
sad this concept cant make it to the show

User avatar
Pct1theory
Rookie
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:44 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: NY
Contact:

Re: Attack Mode build pictures!!!!!

Post by Pct1theory » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:34 pm

I love you man. These pics are awesome! Thanks so much! :good:

User avatar
SingtheMuse
Volunteer
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:30 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Attack Mode build pictures!!!!!

Post by SingtheMuse » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:43 am

The 4th picture down is a good picture! I love the angle of the shot and the reflection of the American flag in the windshield. It made giggle and smile. =)
"I write for fanboy moments. I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to explore all the things I'm afraid of. "-Joss Whedon

User avatar
Knight007
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 975
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:58 am

Re: Attack Mode build pictures!!!!!

Post by Knight007 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:40 am

you what you are my friend?? you are our dream. I ready to bet that what you are doing is what we dream to do. all I can say is enjoy it and keep u sposted. if you want to have more fans attracted to you, post vedios on youtube and let us enjoy the magic. :good:
Image :kitt:

User avatar
taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 958
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:47 am

Re: Attack Mode build pictures!!!!!

Post by taoworm2323 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:42 am

Knight007 wrote:You know what you are my friend?? You are our dream. I ready to bet that what you are doing is what we dream to do. All I can say is enjoy it and keep us posted. If you want to have more fans attracted to you, post videos on youtube and let us enjoy the magic. :good:
Image :kitt:



Sounds like a plan... :good:
:)
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

Slade
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: Attack Mode build pictures!!!!!

Post by Slade » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:22 pm

Knight007 wrote:you what you are my friend?? you are our dream. I ready to bet that what you are doing is what we dream to do. all I can say is enjoy it and keep u sposted. if you want to have more fans attracted to you, post vedios on youtube and let us enjoy the magic. :good:
Image :kitt:


Here here...that statement is so true :good:
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

User avatar
taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 958
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:47 am

Re: Attack Mode build pictures!!!!!

Post by taoworm2323 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:09 pm

"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

Slade
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: Attack Mode build pictures!!!!!

Post by Slade » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:11 pm

WOW....just WOW

Thats goinga be amazing :good:
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

User avatar
ozikool
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:44 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Attack Mode build pictures!!!!!

Post by ozikool » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:40 pm

Wow that is just ......Awsome

User avatar
KFCreator
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: Attack Mode build pictures!!!!!

Post by KFCreator » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:16 pm

I always love seeing behind the scenes pictures, especially of anything Knight Rider! It's an even better treat when we get hi-res shots of concept art that has never before been seen by anyone other than the production teams!!! :-D I do however have to say that the pre-production KI3T looks completely badass in the artwork but I just watched the CGI mockup video and honestly, I think I like the version they ultimately went with better. The final Attack Mode version has the car do a lot more in the way of actually transforming into one fierce-looking vehicle while the pre-production version just has things that pop out and slide out from the car much the way the original SPM did, leaving a little too much of the original look of the "normal" mode intact. But to each his own and if some people like the preproduction version better, that's fine too.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

User avatar
taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 958
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:47 am

Re: Attack Mode build pictures!!!!!

Post by taoworm2323 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:03 pm

I respect your point of view on the attack mode KFCreator.
The series version is more extreme, I agree.
But I think that works against it.
The final changes made to the Attack Mode were weak in my opinion. And the blue seemed an odd choice for KITT to begin with.
This thing will look fierce at night with its all red theme.
The red lights in the engine bay highlighting the collapsable hydroblower is gonna look badass at night. (And much better than the 3 'cone' intakes the series used.)
The pneumatic brakes on the sides. The red highlights in the back and sides.
This thing is gonna look mean as hell coming from straight on too.
Plus the all too important factor of the thing actually being able to transform. :lol:
We laughed the other week in the shop because we were talking about how the only thing we were going to be able to do for attack mode was change the dash lights from blue to red and have Val respond with a confirmation. Now it seems we can be true to the show (in a very odd way) and still have a functional Attack Mode. (Which was unheard off to me in all practical means 3 weeks ago.)
So I am very excited to see what it looks like when it's finished. Because I can see it plan as day in my head. :)
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

ShadowKnight006
Recruit
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:17 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Ohio

Re: Attack Mode build pictures!!!!!

Post by ShadowKnight006 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:52 pm

taoworm2323 wrote:


What do I do for a living?
Why am I building KI3T in real life?
How far am I willing to go?
Where do I get my 'funding'?
Why does KI3T like acid jazz?

Art imitates life and vice versa.

Answer: I have a hope of finding intelligent solutions to violent problems, problems that have changed little in tens if not hundreds of years.
That's what keeps me going, I truly share the same dream.
Do you remember what Wilton Knight once said; One man can make a difference?
No one suggested that what we are doing is easy. Nothing worth while ever is...



:wink:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrN-2gQy-hE


Love the work you are putting into your car and the awesome pics man but you still managed to avoid the "What the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks do you do for a living!?!?!?" question LOL.

:karr:
Looking for TKR!

User avatar
taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 958
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:47 am

Re: Attack Mode build pictures!!!!!

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:03 am

ShadowKnight006 wrote:
taoworm2323 wrote:


What do I do for a living?
Why am I building KI3T in real life?
How far am I willing to go?
Where do I get my 'funding'?
Why does KI3T like acid jazz?

Art imitates life and vice versa.

Answer: I have a hope of finding intelligent solutions to violent problems, problems that have changed little in tens if not hundreds of years.
That's what keeps me going, I truly share the same dream.
Do you remember what Wilton Knight once said; One man can make a difference?
No one suggested that what we are doing is easy. Nothing worth while ever is...



:wink:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrN-2gQy-hE


Love the work you are putting into your car and the awesome pics man but you still managed to avoid the "What the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks do you do for a living!?!?!?" question LOL.

:karr:


So I did... :wink:
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

User avatar
ozikool
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:44 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Attack Mode build pictures!!!!!

Post by ozikool » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:02 am

To be honest i did not like some of the parts in the attack mode picture and the one in the video that looks like the attack mode from the movie

User avatar
taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 958
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:47 am

Re: Attack Mode build pictures!!!!!

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:08 am

ozikool wrote:To be honest i did not like some of the parts in the attack mode picture and the one in the video that looks like the attack mode from the movie


Gee ozikool, thats kinda vauge. :lol:
But thats quite alright, because to be honest, you won't have to drive the car everyday. I will.
And I think it will be awesome! :good:

Of course we are all entitled to our own opinion. (I feel the same way about the series Attack Mode.)
No offense is ever taken. :)
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

Slade
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: Attack Mode build pictures!!!!!

Post by Slade » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:10 pm

Yeah the series attack mode,well Im still trying to get use to it.I almost like it when they dont have to use it.Now if it were the pilot version well then Im happy camper :D
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

Locked