PLEASE PUT THE KNIGHT RIDER THEME IN THE SHOW

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

the original KITT
Operative

PLEASE PUT THE KNIGHT RIDER THEME IN THE SHOW

Post by the original KITT » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:23 pm

What i would love to hear in the new series is the Knight rider theme. We never hear it. :(

Hear the different versions of the theme, it makes what ur watching great!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=C2d5r9g5L ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Watch uptill 3:20

:kitt:
Michael:“KITT I NEED YAH!”
Kitt:“ON MY WAY MICHAEL!”

Jay_n1
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: PLEASE PUT THE KNIGHT RIDER THEME IN THE SHOW

Post by Jay_n1 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:33 pm

Actually the theme is in the opening but you just don't reconize it becuse they added a bunch of *?$# in it..

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:00 pm

They already have the theme in the opening only is a sort of 90's techno version of it if you will,I mean that's when techno was really popular as I recall was it not?

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:08 pm

Jay_n1 wrote:Actually the theme is in the opening but you just don't reconize it becuse they added a bunch of *?$# in it..
LOL joker. 100% agree. lol
PunkMaister wrote:They already have the theme in the opening only is a sort of 90's techno version of it if you will,I mean that's when techno was really popular as I recall was it not?
Do u know what, the theme is good until about 16 seconds. I prefer the old theme.

But im not talkin about the theme tune at the beginning of the credits im talking about implementing it (the old one preferably) in the show, hence the link i posted previously.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:16 pm

I like the new theme. I think it fits the show really well.

although I guess it wouldn't hurt to make it a bit more recognizable.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:18 pm

Are people honestly arguing about this. LEAVE THE MUSIC BACK THAN IN THAN. The music now more than purely suits the new series! Keep it in the future people not the past! Yes the original theme was awesome for its time. This new one KICKS ASS!
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:27 pm

They did have the music playing in last nights episode when KITT dropped off Maddey at the Hospital. At least i'm pretty sure that's what i heard.

KittKattBar
Volunteer

Post by KittKattBar » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:36 pm

The last thing a 2000s TV show needs is 80s synth pop music for its theme.
My next car will be a 2010 Shelby Mustang!

K.A.C.I.
Operative

Post by K.A.C.I. » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:54 pm

AMEN. Besides, the new KR Theme's an awesome remix. I have it on my Mp3 Player, and I listen to it all the time.
Knight Autonomous Cyber-Automotive Interceptor

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:47 am

I've never been a particularly big fan of the new theme, but it ain't so bad. Even if it were, I wouldn't want the original theme. The idea behind the new one is good- enough of the old theme to draw a connection and the rest is new stuff, as it should be.

All in all, I'm satisfied with how things are. Though I wouldn't mind the intro theme to pop up in the episode every now and then.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:09 am

the new music is very good for the new show. no need to change. but, if you mean use some of the music during the show, then I think yes that would be a good Idea :kitt:

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:13 am

the new theme is very good...BUT...it plays only the rythmic theme!!!it should also play the melody theme!!!this is the trademark of knight rider!!!!

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:34 am

I always hated the synth pop versions of the theme used during the progress of the show. It was nerdy and sounded cheap.

The orchestrated versions were so much better..it felt spectacular.

If you haven't noticed, the new show subtly adds the note changes and tempos in almost every episode. They aren't well recognized, but they are there.

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:01 pm

NeoRanger wrote:I've never been a particularly big fan of the new theme, but it ain't so bad. Even if it were, I wouldn't want the original theme. The idea behind the new one is good- enough of the old theme to draw a connection and the rest is new stuff, as it should be.

All in all, I'm satisfied with how things are. Though I wouldn't mind the intro theme to pop up in the episode every now and then.
I'm with you here, man. I wish they'd picked a different chord progression for the power chords....but yeah, I agree, new show, new theme. It has enough of the old to satisfy. Although I would like to hear a new theme with a new melody, I can't say I want them using the old melody for the new show.

Actually.....I make music, so maybe I'll give it a shot. See what I can come up with.

And hey.....for those who don't like the new theme because it's not closer to the original, look on the bright side - we could have had another Team Knight Rider. (Although, really, that theme song was awesome in its own right.)
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:18 pm

Eh....so I've got my guitar and stuff hooked up to my computer, and since I like the new theme, I want mine to sound pretty much like the beginning of it (since it seems to fit the show really well and I like the way it sounds) but....man. I have a good ear, but I'm going to be searching for these effects for a while. There's an auto-wah on one of the individual tracks, and then there's what sounds like pizzicato somewhere in there....and then there's the rhythmic stuff in the beginning and I'm not sure what that's going through.

So, uh, yeah, if/when I finish this, it's not really going to sound anything like the current version. Bummer.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:46 am

Ok from what im getting u guys like the new theme. and dont want to here the olf one in the show. Can someone make a vote thing on this site or something? I just wanna know.
stelios_z28 wrote:the new theme is very good...BUT...it plays only the rythmic theme!!!it should also play the melody theme!!!this is the trademark of knight rider!!!!

I agree, they only play on the the beats and not the melody. Evident in yestersays epiosde when KI3T untows himself from the tow truck.

They therefore realy need to make an updated them on the melody (as u guys don't want the old theme in the show)

Mad Max Smart
Volunteer

Post by Mad Max Smart » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:44 am

The new theme tune is great.
I've got it as my ringtone and would love to hear an extended version.

But I've still got to admit that the original KR and StreetHawk themes were awesome too.

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:34 pm

What about this. I really like it. Based on the original. TOS theme u can hear as it is just muted down as the metal version plays over it. (but you can still here it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=e ... Ar0oG4kJi8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shredder565
Recruit

Post by Shredder565 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:01 pm

THAT is more like what the theme should be, only a bit more of an updated sound that doesn't sound
so....80's for lack of a better word. ALL the original notes should be in it...in the new theme they
loose me about half of a way through, and I suddenly feel like I'm watching a show that should be some
California surf competition show or something..

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:04 pm

the original KITT wrote:What about this. I really like it. Based on the original. TOS theme u can hear as it is just muted down as the metal version plays over it. (but you can still here it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=e ... Ar0oG4kJi8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
this is really interesting.I heard the music before, but putting it in motion, this is new :kitt:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Aside from the theme itself I think they should put some Knight Rider soundtrack in the background when they're chasing someone, that would have been awesome!

We never get that in the new show, all they have is some heavy metal rock music in the background and that's not Knight Rider!!!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:35 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:Aside from the theme itself I think they should put some Knight Rider soundtrack in the background when they're chasing someone, that would have been awesome!

We never get that in the new show, all they have is some heavy metal rock music in the background and that's not Knight Rider!!!
100% agree. Thats what my point is. I.e the first post by me :D

:kitt:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:02 pm

Listen to the music in episode 15 when Kitt gets off the tow-truck hitch.

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:47 pm

weeezl wrote:Listen to the music in episode 15 when Kitt gets off the tow-truck hitch.
Yep we already established this. look
the original KITT wrote:Ok from what im getting u guys like the new theme. and dont want to here the olf one in the show. Can someone make a vote thing on this site or something? I just wanna know.
stelios_z28 wrote:the new theme is very good...BUT...it plays only the rythmic theme!!!it should also play the melody theme!!!this is the trademark of knight rider!!!!

I agree, they only play on the the beats and not the melody. Evident in yestersays epiosde when KI3T untows himself from the tow truck.

They therefore realy need to make an updated them on the melody (as u guys don't want the old theme in the show)
seeeeeeee :D .

The beats are good accompanied, but sound S**T by itself. (i.e when KI3T is driving away from towtruck)

xmguy
Rookie

Post by xmguy » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:03 pm

I like the new theme so much I made it into my cellphone ringtone! :oops: I'm very addicted I guess!
LOYAL Knight Rider fan since 1995
:spmgo: