Live Discussion - Exit Light, Enter Knight

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Live Discussion - Exit Light, Enter Knight

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:52 pm

FTR I was not nitpicking,complaining or hating. Just stating an opinion about KITTs windows, to me it ads to the illusion the car is driving itself when you can see inside.

Did the tint take away anything from the episode?No.

And yes, I would agree there are many reasons why KITT woudld have tinted the windows to avoid detection.

But again I say great work to the cast & crew,NBC and GST.
BTW, I am very please to see the turn around and the people sticking up for the show instead of bashing it..
Good work to KRO as well.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:57 pm

Very, VERY strong.

I haven't been the biggest supporter of GST along the way, but he really did a great job with this ep, writing AND directing. I was engrossed in the story throughout, and the whole cast and guest stars were believable in their roles.
It moved fast and kept me guessing, and there was some good dialogue along the way. All in all, great! Hope they can keep it up.

MikeLutton
Operative

Post by MikeLutton » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:38 pm

i see the intro was kind of the same zoe is now added to the credits wonder if it stay like this r new one next season

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:11 pm

It was a good episode. I didn't think it was GREAT, mostly because it was too centered in one place. I like to see a lot of driving in Knight Rider and there was very little of that. Michael was inside the bank most of the time, KITT was driving ten yards here, ten yards there around the bank (but at least he was doing things). Also the fact they couldn't really communicate for most of the episode and KITT was instead talking to Sarah, Billy and Zoe while Michael was doing his own thing didn't do it for me, even though it was clearly part of the idea.

But there's no question this is a massive improvement on the episodes we've seen earlier this season. It's got the right tone, it's going to the right places. Not every episode has to be brilliant to be good. And this was good.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:25 pm

MikeLutton wrote:i see the intro was kind of the same zoe is now added to the credits wonder if it stay like this r new one next season
She was originally hired as a recurring guest star. She's now fulltime 13 and on and is now in the credits. Not sure if it was budget reasons or not but Congrats Smith Cho!

KittKattBar
Volunteer

Post by KittKattBar » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:31 pm

This ep was definitely a great improvement. I liked the banter between Mike and KITT and that we got to see KITT drive himself. The hostage scenes were very intense due to the brutality of the leader of the bank robber group (did anyone else just want to shoot him in the head by the end of the ep?).

What I disliked was that KITT seemed to do more watching of the situation and not much doing. I think he should have crashed through the wall and busted up the bank robbers. I'm guessing he didn't because of the delicate situation with the hostages and not wanting to risk their lives.

All in all, a huge step in the proper direction. Keep up the great work Mike and KITT!
My next car will be a 2010 Shelby Mustang!

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:44 pm

neps wrote:
MikeLutton wrote:i see the intro was kind of the same zoe is now added to the credits wonder if it stay like this r new one next season
She was originally hired as a recurring guest star. She's now fulltime 13 and on and is now in the credits. Not sure if it was budget reasons or not but Congrats Smith Cho!
Recurring? She's been in every episode! Do actors get paid more if they appear in the title credits? Sydney tamia should've been recurring!
Last edited by KRAvengerII on Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:46 pm

Yes she has been in every episode but she was still hired as a recurring character. That's TV politics for you.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

MikeLutton
Operative

Post by MikeLutton » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:58 pm

zoe and bily make such good comedy team wonder if they get their own mission someday anyway knight rider was really good exciting thrilling all together sure hope it is good next week i kind waiting for him talk to kitt on his watch that what they need

K.A.C.I.
Operative

Post by K.A.C.I. » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:02 pm

Simply adding something:

I have two scenes that stick out as my favorites in the episode - and they're not necessarily verbatim, just recalling form memory here:
During the conversation between Mike and KITT, and Mike brings up HAL from 2001.
KITT replies: "I find that movie extremely confusing."
Mike then says: "Know what confuses me?"
KITT counters: "There are not enough hours in the day for me to list all the things you find confusing."
OH SNAP!, as Mike said.

Even funnier was the exchange between Fatso Robber and Mike:
Robber: "Who's KITT?"
Mike: "You're gonna hit me again when I tell you."
Robber: "Who's KITT?"
Mike: "...My car." *robber hits Mike* "Yeah, saw that one coming."

Also amusing was Maddie, when Billy asked her how she was doing. That was just so funny - made even funnier by Zoe's subsequent comment and Billy's reply:
Z: "You have problems dealing with any member of the opposite sex, don't you?"
B: "Yeah, pretty much."

But yeah, it was a great episode. On the upside: NO ATTACK MODE! On the downside: No T-Boost. But it wasn't ever really necessary.
Besides, I LOVE it when Mike simply opens up a can of good, old-fashioned whup-ass on the bad guys.
lunchmeat wrote:As for the convertible mode...what's the point of having a nigh-invulnerable car that can heal itself and protect its occupants if it's a convertible? KI3T stops bullets when they hit him. KI3T can't stop a bullet if he doesn't hit him. A convertible would make no sense - headshot, anyone?
GOD, I want to see Robot Chicken or something do that: Michael Knight and KI2T goin' along, KI2T goes convertible 'cuz Michael wants to pick up chicks, and a random thug pops him in the head and yells "HEADSHOT!" :lol:
(And I don't even watch Robot Chicken)
Knight Autonomous Cyber-Automotive Interceptor

Mathyus
Rookie

Post by Mathyus » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:07 pm

This one:

"During the conversation between Mike and KITT, and Mike brings up HAL from 2001.
KITT counters: "There are not enough hours in the day for me to list all the things you find confusing."
OH SNAP!, as Mike said."

had me cracking up!
End of line program... -MCP-

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:33 pm

A great ep. I wish some of the others had been this good. I'm giving this 4/5 whereas previous eps where only 2/5 max. I would even go to say this ep was better than some of TOS ones. The biggest thing I hated was the The Dark Knight rip-off with the hostages taped up and dressed as the criminals. Blatant rip-off!

IMO there was only one thing missing:
Lost Knight wrote:There was no Mike driving with K.I.T.T. and doing stunts, K.I.T.T. didn't turbo boost and no car chase.
Yeah, I was really looking forward to a car chase once they last two got into that white car. Would have finished off the episode nicely.
Lost Knight wrote:No time for the usually mandatory T&A...disappointed that they used a tinted window car..
I liked the lack of T&A. But I also liked the tinted windows. Preferred it over the "normal" windows. Aren't KI3T's windows normally tinted anyway?
KnightIndustriesTT wrote:more of the KITT driving himself...
which I'd have loved even more if they had shown the wheel turning itself. I get huge kicks when I'm in the car, it's on the ramp and the wheels are turned so the steering wheel turns.
coverdale10 wrote:What happened to the infamous comlink or the earpiece thingy Michael is supposed to have...?
He needs to wear that damn earwig all the time, like MK used to wear the comlink.
lunchmeat wrote:I figured that the EMTs were doing their jobs, so they were too busy to acknowledge the fact that a car drove by itself.
If I had been out there, I'd have noticed!
lunchmeat wrote:As for the convertible mode...what's the point of having a nigh-invulnerable car that can heal itself and protect its occupants if it's a convertible?
This harks back to TOS where MK would drive KITT with the windows down and we'd all wonder why!
dcpan wrote:the blatant Microsoft/Windows advertisement!
God that was so obvious. Ridiculous and surprised they didn't use the mobile phone as another excuse for product placement.
Lynda414 wrote:It would be pretty funny though, if he was a masked extra and no one noticed...
Lol would have been an awesome cameo
jshorva65 wrote:On second thought, MBS material might have been incompatible with some of KI3T's most advanced features that only the Nanoskin technology supports. Perhaps the MBS was great for protecting the body panels and glass of KI2T
I had a think about this and figured the MBS and the nano skin would be incompatible given the size of the molecules involved, and the way KI3T seems to be a bunch of nanomolecules rather than anything substantial. The only feasible solution would be the nanoskin to produce an MBS once the car had morphed into whatever monstrosity the producers had chosen
knight14 wrote:they had to edit out the surprise ending/cliffhanger of course.
What was the surprise cliffhanger?

kittxthexcat
Rookie

Post by kittxthexcat » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:53 pm

Yay finally got to watch it (and I'm making this list as I watch it since I didn't get to talk in the chat last night >.<)

Major brownie points:
-It's REALLY easy to see that Ki3t shares the same voice display as Ki2t. I never really saw it until this episode so yay!
-"Yes Michael. Snap."
-Kitt opened his door without Michael having to yell out some ridiculous command that he would have repeated! (oh that was sssooo aggrivating in that one episode when Kitt just kept repeating EVERYTHING Michael said >.<)
-Tinted windows huzzah! Besides Ski Mode, the window tinting is my favorite thing Kitt can do ^^
-I actually like that the theme sequence changes everytime. It's just some stupid little thing to keep you entertained, which part is different this time? lol. The theme is actually really grown on me! I really do like it now, I HATED it when I first heard it. Dare I say it? I'm actually starting to like this KR more than the TOS? Little bit scary.
-I like that Kitt left Mike. I think it was a good way to show that they can operate without the car, and without it they aren't completely helpless. All that random technology they have at the base has a purpose
-OO! That swipe transition from Kitt leaving the hospital to Mike was AWESOME! I love good transitions like that XD
-Like the bank robber who tells the guy to run and then shoots him. Awesome.
-Love that Kilmer changes his voice a little for the parts where Kitt talks to Maddie. Makes Kitt sound almost like he's trying to be a big brother to her.
-hehe, like Mike's face when the guy pulls a knife, total "Sayz wwwhhhhat?" face XD
-LAZER! Ooo! I like how when Kitt uses it, his scanner gets closer and closer to the middle, almost like it's a power bar for the lazer. Awesome.
-Those electric dirt bikes were actually pretty cool...When I saw the bikes I thought "what the hell, are they stupid?" and then he turned it on and I was "oh...ok then...carry on." XD

Anti-brownie points:
-Whoever programed Kitt to protect Michaels life at all costs really did a shotty job O.o Kitt shouldn't have to tell Sara whats happening and wait for her to tell him what to do...that's the whole point of AI, Kitt should be able to think on his own and act on those thoughts!
-Why does Kitt's license plate change every episode!? What's the point? If someone's looking for him (let's just say...the cops or something) they're gonna find him based on the fact that he's a super secret spy car, not that his license plate matches! Also why I don't get the random "switch license plates" bit in the other episode. Yeah I know they did it in TOS, but think about it, I'm sure a black trans am was more common than a black w/ silver stripes Ford Mustang GT500KR (which by the way they only make 80 of them in any given year!) They're gonna know it's Kitt regardless of what the LP says.
-I wish the nanoskin wouldn't do that stupid little blue ringlet of light when it fixes it self...just looks kinda cheesy, like a weird EMP or something O.o
-Slo-mo roll down hill is stupid...
-That little end bit with Maddy's family could have been a little longer...kind of an oddly short ending O.o

Random points:
-Like it when the head robber says "Cut the phones all except one", and they guy says "Got it", and they awkwardly bump into each other and do that stupid "i go this way, wait, maybe this way" kinda dance XD I'm sure it wasn't scripted, but funny none the less!
-I've never seen so many GateWay computers in my life.
-What's the big goofy looking red ball on Kitt's voice box? I never really noticed it before...but now it's irritating me O.o Grr! It keeps moving around too.
-What the...why are there random little movies playing at the bottom of Zoe's screen when Kitt shows them the lawyer guy's info? And what's with the random "here's what Kitt would look like hitting a wall" thing? Just...random...
-How come everytime Kitt opens a new screen, a little revolving scematic of him pops up? He's already got one that's constantly on the bottom of his windshield, does he really need more than that? Seems kinda like a waste of space/time...

Overall, I really liked this episode! Felt more like a good ol' fashioned Knight Rider. With episodes like this, there BETTER BE a second season. -shakes fist- I don't know what the next episode is supposed to be able since I had to watch it on Hulu, but hope it's just as good!
---
Kitt the Cat, but you can call me Spiff.

Billy: "I just ask cause it sounds like Kitt's making you his bitch..."
Mike: "Get back to the math BILLY!"

zero
Rookie

Post by zero » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:01 pm

A couple of interesting points/thoughts

I believe there was extensive changes made to this episode in order to make it fit in with the time line. The first thing I noticed is that KITTs voice didn't match up with the voice box at all in this episode, it was constantly mismatched. This leads me to believe Val re-recorded his lines for the episode at the last minute.

Also, people pointed out already that there was some scenes that seemed a bit drawn out, and the ending seemed a bit abrupt. I'm thinking they had to cut out the original ending, and possible some other scenes, and just stretched out a few parts (bank robbery gun fight) to make up the missing time.

Not really complaining about these points, the episode was pretty good, but it's interesting. It'd be nice if GST would give us some info on this (and the episode order change) in the knight writers blog.

When Michael yelled "KIIIIITTT!" near the begining he sounded just like hasselhoff in TOS. Loved that.

cazman101
Rookie

Post by cazman101 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:11 pm

Knight Riders Back in the Driving seat!!!

After last week left so many people disapointed this episode was what most were waiting for. I can't say anything other than great Job. I've only viewed the episode the once and maybe after a second view I might find some nitpick but thats all it would be a Nitpick. For me its the best episode they've made. All the characters seemed to be right in their zone it was well executed, well directed, well edited. KN08 hs had a shakey start to the season with some good and some really bad but this episode in My opinion has really stood out as the best so far. I completely enjoyed it and if this is the way the show is going to go then this show truely does need a second season as it would seem to have finally found its legs.

More like that please. :kitt:

egomez2777
Volunteer

Post by egomez2777 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:53 pm

Would anyone be interested in seeing a story arc involving some form or Garth or son of Garth Knight with Goliath?

The KARR arc was kind of brief. i hope they bring it back and expand on it. It would be great to see Goliath back, even if it's for an episode.

And of course the ulitmate cameo, the Knight Industries TWO Thousand.
K.I.T.T.: "Don't worry Sarah, I got this!"

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:55 pm

Mathyus wrote:This one:

"During the conversation between Mike and KITT, and Mike brings up HAL from 2001.
OH SNAP!, as Mike said."

had me cracking up!
I loved this one, too.

In some ways, I see the tinted windows as a necessity, as otherwise there would be people pointing at the super secret car and going, oh, look, it's driving itself! But aren't there laws about how dark tinting can be on side windows and where it can be on the windshield? Hmmm... Plot hole! I think it would be more practical if Kitt could make a hologram or something that looks like he has a driver, even when he doesn't.
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:59 pm

Rainack wrote:In some ways, I see the tinted windows as a necessity, as otherwise there would be people pointing at the super secret car and going, oh, look, it's driving itself! But aren't there laws about how dark tinting can be on side windows and where it can be on the windshield? Hmmm... Plot hole! I think it would be more practical if Kitt could make a hologram or something that looks like he has a driver, even when he doesn't.
If he can display stuff on his hood, shouldn't he be able to display images anywhere on him? Then, he could just display an image on his side windows and windshield. Yeah, if you looked close enough then someone would be able to tell, but in the middle of a SWAT raid, who's going to notice?

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:05 pm

If he can display stuff on his hood, shouldn't he be able to display images anywhere on him? Then, he could just display an image on his side windows and windshield. Yeah, if you looked close enough then someone would be able to tell, but in the middle of a SWAT raid, who's going to notice?
I like that idea that he can display an image on his windows and windshield that make it look like someone is inside. It wouldn't stand up to close scrutiny, but it would be passable.
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:43 pm

Mr.Marcus wrote:I'm stunned. This is what a KR episode should look like. It seems they finally got it right. More Kitt and Michael, less everything else. I'm still not thrilled about the I'm a girl, I can do what you can do better attitude that permeates the show. But I can live with it if the episodes continue to be like this. Major improvement.
I'm stunned at your change in attitude it is most welcome... :good:

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:54 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
Mr.Marcus wrote:I'm stunned. This is what a KR episode should look like. It seems they finally got it right. More Kitt and Michael, less everything else. I'm still not thrilled about the I'm a girl, I can do what you can do better attitude that permeates the show. But I can live with it if the episodes continue to be like this. Major improvement.
I agree I'm stunned at your flip of your view of the series.

mustang_fan91
Rookie

Post by mustang_fan91 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:01 pm

Is it me, or were the Ford logos of the Taurus and the Expedition blacked out.

View them closely and you will see
KI3T: "I have something we need to discuss. It's important."
Mike: "Dude, It's been a really long day and if you're secretly falling in love with me, I'm going to be awfully upset"

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:06 pm

t.b.77b wrote:
PunkMaister wrote:
I agree I'm stunned at your flip of your view of the series.
That's all I wanted and they delivered. I can't complain. Last night's episode was what KR is all about. No weird conspiracies, no Mike/Sarah angst. Just KITT and Michael in a perilous situation working together and saving the day with KITT finally becoming more of a star than just a prop. That's all I ever wanted. I was impressed and pleased with last night's episode.

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:30 pm

It's a good thing that you have flipped sides. Don't get me wrong I wasn't trying to be mean when I said that I agreed that I was stunned it was just surprising.

mustang_fan91
Rookie

Post by mustang_fan91 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:31 pm

Best... episode... ever :good:
KI3T: "I have something we need to discuss. It's important."
Mike: "Dude, It's been a really long day and if you're secretly falling in love with me, I'm going to be awfully upset"