Live Discussion - Exit Light, Enter Knight

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Live Discussion - Exit Light, Enter Knight

Post by neps » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:22 pm

the truth for me is I wouldn't care if Sarah was out on the field kicking ass. However she was a college professor - so it's a little too soon for us to believe her as this supreme badass on par with Michael. I would have loved it if they introduced it as the season went on - but to believe that out of the stretch is a bit hard when you're already confused whats different from the pilot movie.

Badass women can be quite the turn on.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:20 pm

THANK YOU!!! My point exactly- well, up until that last part.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:25 pm

neps wrote:the truth for me is I wouldn't care if Sarah was out on the field kicking ass. However she was a college professor - so it's a little too soon for us to believe her as this supreme badass on par with Michael. I would have loved it if they introduced it as the season went on - but to believe that out of the stretch is a bit hard when you're already confused whats different from the pilot movie.
My thoughts exactly. It's not a contradiction or impossible that she's suddenly able to kick some ass, but just a pretty unlikely stretch since there was no indication whatsoever that she had fighting skills in the backdoor pilot. On the same token, it is a bit of a tough pill to swallow that Sarah would go from a drunken, bar-fighting, slightly immature girl, to the head of F.L.A.G. overnight, too.

But I don't think her character's odd development is much of an issue in the series when compared to the other characters.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

bddotnet
Recruit

Post by bddotnet » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:33 am

This was a fantastic episode! I hope that NBC allows GST and the crew to bring us Season 2 with more TOS-like episodes. I personally enjoy the FLAG storyline with Sarah, Mike, KITT, Billy and Zoe running things, though not having Graiman on the show is somewhat depressing. I hope that more about what happened to FLAG, KITT, Bonnie, Devon, etc will be revealed and tie in with TOS.
Bobby Duncan
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
http://www.bobbyduncan.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Pardon my expression, but he does have a few screws loose!"

JimmyGenius
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by JimmyGenius » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:14 am

Does anyone know what Jacket that is, that Mike is wearing at the end of the episode?

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:18 am

In regards to Sarah's fighting skills, I just put it down to my theory that she received training in between the pilot and the first season episode.

I think it's quite feasible, it's not like she did any Bruce Lee flying kicks, she just learned a few chopping punches and kicks.

I've got more of a problem with the Attack Mode look than anything else.

I didn't like Smith Cho's character until she put in a great performance in the episode with the kidnapped boy. She was great in that one and the seriousness suited her rather than the silly, unfunny comedic moments she had with Billy.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;