steering wheel!

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

superfun
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: steering wheel!

Post by superfun » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:45 pm

i would think the steering wheel in the pilot is this thing, just modified and with a cut of, of the upper part.. you think the same?

modified it still looks like that ;)

superfun
Volunteer

Post by superfun » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:20 pm

and here is an idea i have about a new gullwing

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:39 pm

That version of the steering wheel is not avaible from Ford motor company. :good:
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:03 pm

The steering wheel needs to be more unique than it is now It's a cheap MOMO Trek that anybody can get. Who cares if it's easier to use. In TOS they didn't even have the dash in the stunt car much less the gull wing wheel. Just fiberglass something NBC and cover it in black leather and stop being cheap with KI3T!!!!!!!
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:12 pm

Actually, airbags are now mandatory under federal and many states' laws for vehicles produced after a certain date. If you saw Sue's interview and test drive in "KR3", she was told that the stunt car was not "street legal" because it didn't have the airbags (and because of the stunt brakes).
Bring Knight Rider back for Season 2!!

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:36 pm

here are a couple of updates of my steering wheel for my KI2T concept, let me know what you guys think.....
My KI2T's Interior.jpg
My KI2T's Interior.jpg (223.29 KiB) Viewed 13976 times
My KI2T's_Interior by Kal-el4.jpg
My KI2T's_Interior by Kal-el4.jpg (223.16 KiB) Viewed 13976 times
KI2T's New Wheel.jpg
KI2T's New Wheel.jpg (47.58 KiB) Viewed 13972 times

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:39 pm

My KI2T's New Steering Wheel.jpg
My KI2T's New Steering Wheel.jpg (229.73 KiB) Viewed 13974 times

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:22 pm

Again KITT is a "charactor" on the show. None of the wheels so far used on KI3T has an airbag. Airbags are the automotive industries laughing stock item of the future. Can you see yourself explaining how we thought a balloon blowing up in your face was a good idea to people from the future!!!

KI3T is an imaginary car! Who cares if it's street legal!! People watch things that are not part of the every day.

NBC had better make a more interesting mustang if it wants to stay alive!!! As was stated before at the festival they need more real stunts and "real" things in KI3T/KR08. Not just stuff they can make with VFX or CGI!

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:28 pm

superfun wrote:and here is an idea i have about a new gullwing

I think we are headed int the right direction with this but it needs to have straight sides so it just doesn't look like a cut up wheel. :)

ThomasKnight
Operative

Post by ThomasKnight » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:45 pm

Here is an update on my concept with the cool lookin MOMO parts! :D
ENJOY 8)
"One man can make a difference"
Knight Rider forever

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:13 am

knightroostr wrote:actually the reason that the steering wheel is such a problem is because it is illegal. it must be a complete circle to conform with the transportion saftey people. there were alot of problems with people wanting steering wheels like that shortly after the show aired and they found out that it was illegal to have it on a car because it is considered unsafe. you can only grasp it on two points at a time instead of multiple points at anytime.
That is not correct. I called the DMV legal department in the NY State capital, Albany, and spoke with the lawyer there. He informed me there is no law about steering wheels (this does not include the "new" car which have airbags), at least in NY. And BTW, the correct handling of a steering wheel is at 9 and 3 o'clock, which you can do with the gullwing.
As a personal note, I have driven for years with it, and find it both more comfortable and offers a better view of the road and your gauges.

Chris

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:31 am

IS the states maybe but in europe we have small road juste enough to pass a mustang or car like that lol .Forget big cadillac you won't even find a parking place they are 5 m long and 2 meter large lol

the gullwing is unpractical here (I tried with a replica car of a friend) because we have a lot of curve almost no straight line so you have to turn the wheels very fast and you can miss a grip if you don't have a full circle , it almost happen to me. But I reconize it's so much cooler in a car than a regular wheels.