Page 2 of 3

Re: New KITT scanner sound effect

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:51 am
by lunchmeat
taoworm2323 wrote:
lunchmeat wrote:Taoworm, that scanner sound is AWESOME. Man, I almost wish they'd used that for KARR....it sounds so menacing! It's actually kind of scary. :P It makes the car sound more like it's a really large tank or something. If I was in a dark warehouse and I heard KI3T's current scanner, I'd think it was weird, but I don't think I'd freak out. If I heard this sound, though, I'd probably *?$# my pants.

I think I remember hearing this in the pilot - when KI3T first activates in the garage, there's this low buzzing sound as his scanner comes on. I suppose that sound was this...


Yeah since I have the 'old' KITT (in a KR2000 red body) I wanted to keep the original scanner sound for him, but the KI3T Mustang I have I wanted to be more menacing as he was in the pilot. The original pilot was supposed to make KI3T more menacing. Like he would eat you up in a small alleyway. :lol:

GarthKnight08 was right by the way though. The sound they ended up using on the pilot was ALLOT more high pitched. I looped his audio but with the turbine noise that's going in my Mustang KI3T its really hard to tell whats his turbine engines noise and whats his scanner.. So I am just gonna stick to the promo sound. It's more menacing to me. (Without being too much like KARR)

The sound I got it from was the promos like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJzqZiiM ... =1&index=1

I cleaned up the audio and looped it for the right time.


Hmm....then I wonder what the sound was that I heard in the pilot? I have it on my laptop. I'll have to watch it again....but I distinctly remember a low buzz when KI3T activated in the garage.

Actually, come to think of it....did KI3T even have a scanner sound besides that one in the pilot movie? Hmm.....I don't think he did, now that I consider it. I'll have to go look.

Re: New KITT scanner sound effect

Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:04 pm
by quintonthomas
hello Everyone!!! My name is quinton and i have a favor to ask all of you... I am currently in the process of building the knight industries three thousand, and everything has been bought and or is being bought for the conversion.. But there is one thing, one thing that i need you guys to help me with.. kitts new and improved scanner sound effect. i have looked and tried everything in my power to obtain the the sound but have not been able to get it. If you notice at the end of the theme show' song kitt kind of spins around and the sfx comes out, or if you guys have seen the very first show 'knight in shinning armor', kitt was surrounded by gaurds and the new sound came out then, or the new and improved ,but shortly showed karr.. the scanner sounds are all the same.. sort of a slow and very watered down version of the old school scanner sound. i like very very very very much!!!! :D Plus the sound matches the rythm of the new scanner that kitt has. So if anyone out there in the knight rider universe can help me, i would be extremely greatful for you and your time and research to make this possible and i will also mention you name, for the credits of my knight 3000 conversion.. I like to thank mustang unlimited for the gt500 mustang conversion kit, and ford racing for the 500+hp supercharger, and i like to thank auto trim and desighn for the matte black racing strips and the gt 500kr strips and very most importantly Pierre hoffman the guy behind kitt 3000 real scanner and the custom kr hood and the fellas from auto indulgence a huge thx u for making this dream a reality!!! Q out............

Re: New KITT scanner sound effect

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:33 am
by tamatt27
quintonthomas wrote:hello Everyone!!! My name is quinton and i have a favor to ask all of you... I am currently in the process of building the knight industries three thousand, and everything has been bought and or is being bought for the conversion.. But there is one thing, one thing that i need you guys to help me with.. kitts new and improved scanner sound effect. i have looked and tried everything in my power to obtain the the sound but have not been able to get it. If you notice at the end of the theme show' song kitt kind of spins around and the sfx comes out, or if you guys have seen the very first show 'knight in shinning armor', kitt was surrounded by gaurds and the new sound came out then, or the new and improved ,but shortly showed karr.. the scanner sounds are all the same.. sort of a slow and very watered down version of the old school scanner sound. i like very very very very much!!!! :D Plus the sound matches the rythm of the new scanner that kitt has. So if anyone out there in the knight rider universe can help me, i would be extremely greatful for you and your time and research to make this possible and i will also mention you name, for the credits of my knight 3000 conversion.. I like to thank mustang unlimited for the gt500 mustang conversion kit, and ford racing for the 500+hp supercharger, and i like to thank auto trim and desighn for the matte black racing strips and the gt 500kr strips and very most importantly Pierre hoffman the guy behind kitt 3000 real scanner and the custom kr hood and the fellas from auto indulgence a huge thx u for making this dream a reality!!! Q out............

Let's see some pics!! I'm still gathering funds for my conversion, but I'm going to have to settle for making my own scanner. I can't afford the almost 5 grand for AI's hood! What kind of supercharger is it? I'm most interested in pics of your spoiler.

Re: New KITT scanner sound effect

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:07 pm
by weeezl
Various versions of KI2T/KI3T & KARR scanners I have.

KI2T normal scan
KI2T slow scan
KARR TDR scan
KARR KVK scan
KI3T normal
KI3T pilot
KI3T promo's
KARR KTKP scan

Heres a zip file of them all for anyone that may want them. :good:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hf1us3

Weeezl

Re: New KITT scanner sound effect

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:00 pm
by mikey
this another rick-roll file? cause i really don't need to be wasting my time downloading that again. :evil:

Re: New KITT scanner sound effect

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:55 pm
by weeezl
weeezl wrote:Because I felt like a bit of a meany by uploading my so called Kitt scanner sound HQ which was a joke and is basically a weeezly version of a RickRoll, which incedently had 100's of downloads of it, that made me giggle :D

Ive decided to try and make a nice clean version in my sound editing software but this in itself has some drawbacks, cutting hiss also loses treble and clarity which gives the scanner sound "its bite" one thing that I'm trying is running it through various filters/plug ins to add some meat to it. When I've made a nice clean version of it I'll upload it here. :good:


Actually this one is a collection of all my favorite fart noises :roll:

That last one was meant to be a joke BTW, trust me I'm not in the mood to trick people right now :good:

For anyone that wants the file, its the real deal. Its these files minus one, I just noticed the KTKP scanner is missing from the zip file, theres another scanner that is the same thing anyway. :good:

Image

Re: New KITT scanner sound effect

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:34 am
by Knight007
weeezl wrote:
weeezl wrote:Because I felt like a bit of a meany by uploading my so called Kitt scanner sound HQ which was a joke and is basically a weeezly version of a RickRoll, which incedently had 100's of downloads of it, that made me giggle :D

Ive decided to try and make a nice clean version in my sound editing software but this in itself has some drawbacks, cutting hiss also loses treble and clarity which gives the scanner sound "its bite" one thing that I'm trying is running it through various filters/plug ins to add some meat to it. When I've made a nice clean version of it I'll upload it here. :good:


Actually this one is a collection of all my favorite fart noises :roll:

That last one was meant to be a joke BTW, trust me I'm not in the mood to trick people right now :good:

For anyone that wants the file, its the real deal. Its these files minus one, I just noticed the KTKP scanner is missing from the zip file, theres another scanner that is the same thing anyway. :good:

Image

and all those file available on the like you provided above?? we can get in a zip file? Image :kitt:

Re: New KITT scanner sound effect

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:00 am
by taoworm2323
Don't visit that link!
I did and it put malware all over my system! :evil: :x :evil:
Hey weeezl, I think the site you hosted that file on is BAD
I would switch it to another hosting provider asap

Re: New KITT scanner sound effect

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:31 am
by weeezl
Ive never had any problems with it before, I know theres some dodgy advertising on there but I never got any malware from sendspace, you sure you didn't click on any of the porn adverts? :D

I've hosted there for ages with hundreds of downloads and nobody's said anything about any spyware or anything, so sorry if you got something, it wasn't my fault.

Anyway's totally non intentional and just to be on the safe side please no-one try to use that link, I'll re-up it somewhere else and put up a new link later.

My Boxstr account is flakey (always says links are down) hence the swap to sendspace, if anybody can offer suggestion's for 100% trusted hosting sites it would be appreciated. :good:

Re: New KITT scanner sound effect

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:18 am
by Knight007
Try the Ifile.it I think this is a good site. for the mean time, you mind if you forward the files to my email please? hanydalees@gmail.com thank you Image :kitt:

Re: New KITT scanner sound effect

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:03 pm
by taoworm2323
Yeah weezl I know it was unintintional. No worries bro. :)
And no I didn't click on the porn links. :roll:
I use google chrome and it warned me that the site had malware and not to enter, I did anyway and my computer froze up for a second and I had to CTL ALT Del to close my browser. By that time I had already been infected by trojans from a third party IP that was tied to the page you listed. I had to clean malware from my computer last night for an hour.
But it's all good now. Maybe host it on someones personal website?

Re: New KITT scanner sound effect

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:31 pm
by Stylez
Well I just grabbed it via the link above and it checked out fine, no malware on my system and the zip is clean.

Re: New KITT scanner sound effect

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:40 pm
by weeezl
taoworm2323 wrote:
I use google chrome and it warned me that the site had malware and not to enter, I did anyway


wow and I actually felt guilty until you said that :D


Turns out my Boxstr account was exceeding bandwidth limits.

I've just signed up for a new Boxstr account, soon as I get the email activation I'll upload the file again (I re-zipped the file and put missing scanner in) Post link soon.

Re: New KITT scanner sound effect

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:00 pm
by weeezl
Oh I give up, Boxstr sucks. Its showing files uploaded yet it says folders are empty :evil:

Savefile.com Link

http://savefile.com/files/2023881

Re: New KITT scanner sound effect

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:09 am
by Knight007
thank you for that Image :kitt:

Re: New KITT scanner sound effect

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:53 am
by weeezl
welcome :good:

Re: New KITT scanner sound effect

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:05 am
by Kn1ghtboy
I know it's been 7 months since this thread had any replies, but I tried all these links but nothing. Wanted to know if anyone had these files available again to download?

"LAR"

Re: New KITT scanner sound effect

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:51 pm
by weeezl
Kn1ghtboy wrote:I know it's been 7 months since this thread had any replies, but I tried all these links but nothing. Wanted to know if anyone had these files available again to download?

"LAR"


Found the zip file on one of my external drives, in fact it must have been you I just sent the link to. :D

Here it is if anyone wants to download the scanner SFX :good:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tfmk5y

Weeezl.

Re: New KITT scanner sound effect

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:36 pm
by knight77
the scanner sounds are great been looking for it so I could add it to my phone......

Re: New KITT scanner sound effect

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:50 pm
by Kn1ghtboy
AWESOME!

Thanks WEEZL

Yeah..I'm the one you sent the link to...I appreciate it. They sound GREAT!


"LAR"

Re: New KITT scanner sound effect

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:49 pm
by Kal-el4
hey weezl, can you email me the scanner sounds you have? I would love to add those to my KR sound and music collection I have. my email address is: stefen_hagglund29@yahoo.com

Re: New KITT scanner sound effect

Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:21 am
by weeezl
Kal-el4 wrote:hey weezl, can you email me the scanner sounds you have? I would love to add those to my KR sound and music collection I have.


No probs buddy, email sent.

Re: New KITT scanner sound effect

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:26 pm
by jason1973tl
If anyone is interested, I have a sound byte I've made that includes the turbine sound with the old scanner mixed with the new scanner morphed into one sound.

Re: New KITT scanner sound effect

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:57 pm
by TURBOBOOST27
send me a copy of that!

Re: New KITT scanner sound effect

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:51 am
by Kal-el4
same here too, please....