SAVE KNIGHT RIDER 2008 before its to late

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Re: SAVE KNIGHT RIDER 2008 before its to late

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:42 pm

Signed
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

Renegade94
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Renegade94 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:05 pm

I have also just signed it, but I would love to see more sign as I was # 25 and we are going to need alot more of us to keep this show alive for Season 2! I know that NBC has not used the word Cancel yet, but cutting down the episodes by 5 is not a very good start for those of us that are really enjoying the new show and I know that it will only get better after the re-boot and getting back to the roots of the series sort to speak. I also think and I would like to know who agrees with me on this one, if the series was to be saved and we get to see a Season 2, I think all of the Haters and you know who you are, should have to goto NBC/Universal Studio and have to wrap their lips around KI3T Exhaust pipes after Justin has just completed a high speed chase seen! :good:

I will be looking forward to New Years Eve as I am really going through Knight Rider Withdraw...
:kitt:
"KITT keep your eyes peeled" Michael
"Michael I do not have eyes" KITT
"Figure of speech KITT" Michael
From Knight In Shining Armor

FASTKNIGHT
Recruit

Post by FASTKNIGHT » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:24 pm

i think now is the time the producers and nbc listen to us for a change :good: :mrgreen: :idea:
1989 Pontiac Formula 5.7

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:23 am

taoworm2323 wrote:I am driving right now to NBC to tell them what I think...
Can I help? :lol:
renegade94 wrote:I think all of the Haters and you know who you are, should have to goto NBC/Universal Studio and have to wrap their lips around KI3T Exhaust pipes
Although I'm no hater um...*watches KI3T run far from KRO* :lol:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:03 am

To quote wet

Well if you don't agree wit myself and Robwolf, then that makes you wrong then.
Come on this Knight Rider is so bad it's no wonder it's ending.

Ok Ok I would like to save Knight Rider, so here is how to do it..

Make up your mind! Its idiots like you that cause shows like this so much hassle. You go around site posting how 'its so bad, and should be canceled' THEN turn around and say 'No actually I would like to save it!'.

Wow congrats to you for being so consistent with your airings.

Jeez, I really do wonder sometimes....

Oh and just for the record, we are not all arrogant, pompous idiots in the UK :wink:
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

triran
Rookie

Post by triran » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:38 am

Signed because I faith it will change.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:37 am

Signed on one condition and that is if they make some dramatic changes to the show. What they must change are written all over this community so there's no need of going through that.

If nothing happens after December and we're still left with the same "layout" on the series they might as well close the production.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:22 am

Let me first say how heart warming it is to see the KR fans wanting the show to survive and finally prove it can be successful! The producers need to make this retool work... cut the cheese in half... give use more proper drama, rather than a global threat every single week. I do like the show and the car (as most of you know... I was a proponent of the show and pilot since day 1)... now if only the stories were up to scratch... however I really think it will be better after the retool! And if NBC does their bit (advertising it) I am sure it will be having more viewers too!!

Also I signed the petition!

For the record, great work Neps and the mods on keeping a firm and steady hand to keep the people in check :good: !
Respect :D !
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

DeeKnight
Operative

Post by DeeKnight » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:17 pm

signed,wish there was more i could do!

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:24 pm

Composing my handwritten letter is harder than I thought.
It sounded like I was begging or ordering them...So, I'm still working on it.
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:38 pm

It is 5:30pm my time. The petition has 64 signatures.
We need alot more before we can even think about submitting it to NBC with any hope of it having the desired impact.

I have sent it to everyone I know,posted it on my personal webpage, even sent it to David Hasselhoff, via his website,

If the last episode is filming now..I am not sure what else we can do exept continue the effort to promote the continuation of Knight Rider though letters, petitions and emails.

I sincerly hope this is not a case of to little support to late, but that my friends is exactly what I fear it is.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GTiGirl
Rookie

Post by GTiGirl » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:10 pm

Signed and put the link on my fórum.

Let's keep together and positive :good:
Knight Rider Portugal: http://knightriderportugal.forumeiros.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:46 am

kitt_happens.gif
kitt_happens.gif (36.49 KiB) Viewed 21811 times
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:48 am

That's Cool! I like it, Tony. :)

And I LOVED it!

KRShelby
Rookie

Post by KRShelby » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:08 am

Not sure if you guys saw the front page yet but GST confirmed reduction does not mean that the shows canceled but still urged fans to write to NBC (Ben Silverman). So on top of the petition, lets also write letters guys!!!

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:43 am

I know I signed the petition already but then I started thinking - what's the point of signing anything before the reboot? If the reboot turns out well we have a reason to sign it, if not then I don't see the point. But then again there are people who wants to save the show regardless of how it does after the reboot.

What do you guys think?
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:38 pm

OK now that GST has told us what to do. WRITE LETTERS..
Thank you to Sue for getting the video!!!

Ok here is my concern. If only say 100 people send letters, it shows NBC there is no real public support for Knight Rider, if we coordinate the effort maybe we can send a respectable amount of letters.

What if we did a form letter everyone could print, sign and mail them to one location which would not open them, but merely keep track of the amount of letters received and then forward them all to NBC?

A poor showing can hurt the show more than bad ratings.

Let me know what you think.

Here is the mailing address for Silverman:
Ben Silverman
Co-Chairman, NBC Entertainment and NBC Universal Television Studio
100 Universal City Plaza
Universal City, CA 91608
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!

excalibur
Recruit

Post by excalibur » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:07 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:I know I signed the petition already but then I started thinking - what's the point of signing anything before the reboot? If the reboot turns out well we have a reason to sign it, if not then I don't see the point. But then again there are people who wants to save the show regardless of how it does after the reboot.

What do you guys think?
I was just thinking this same thing yesterday and today. I’d like to sign the petition, but first I want to see what the reboot/retool is all about. In one respect, I can support KR wholeheartedly even if things weren't a hundred percent to my liking. I can deal with that because I love KR. Basically it sounds like they are heading in the right direction from what GST said:
"It's a reboot," "Knight" executive producer/showrunner Gary Scott Thompson said. "We're moving away from the terrorist-of-the-week formula and closer to the original, making it a show about a man and his car going out and helping more regular people, everymen."
from: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... e465fc31d5

However, in another respect I can’t support something that goes against my principles, such as the amount and kinds of sexual content in KR08. What they do with this issue in the reboot/retool determines whether I can sign the petition or not. If T&A wasn't an issue, I'd sign the petition and write a letter today. But there is no guarantee that the retool will resolve this issue.

I'd love to see KR be all it was meant to be, it's too good of a story and concept to waste with fluff. I do have high hopes and confidence that the reboot will focus on what matters most, with the result being a good percentage of T&A falling by the wayside. Until that happens, I can't sign.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:04 pm

Ill give any support I can to help the show out, just trying to do my bit, its not much but it could help.

Ive done a link to the petition on my myspace page, hopefully it could gain some more signatures from it, also ive embedded the shortened GST video from KRO youtube channel (hopefully no one minds, its for a good cause)

http://www.myspace.com/thaweeezl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:02 am

Petition Count:113
Good Work Folks and Thanks to everyone for pulling together to try and save the show, regarless of different opionions we are all fans of Knight Rider.

I have reached out to Justin,Deanna & the Hoff via emails.No response yet but hopeful.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!

Deco
Stranger

Partnership between KITT and Michael

Post by Deco » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:47 am

The great success of the original series Knight Rider was the partnership between KITT and Michael.
KITT was not an adjuvant, was main character.
A car with great personality, who discussed with the dogs who came urinate on their tires, which had a sense of humor only him. Darkened windows for not letting anyone look at it from the inside, questioning Michael when he asked to do things he thought silly. It was an exciting car that was not only in beauty.
He was like the horse of Zorro, was always ready to help Michael to resolve the situation.
Have you tried to do the series forming a team, but was not good.
In the current series there are many people to solve everything, KITT hardly do anything, the idea of seidelk rider was lost.
A man can make a big difference
I love Knight Rider and I think the new series very good, maybe some minor changes would be enough to make it a success too.
Trying to repeat the old KITT for Transforming KITT in the new car hero. Along with the new Michael.
I love the work of Justin Bruening, he is very much like Michael, I think it is only necessary now to make the car be more hero.

Regards to all lovers of Knight Rider.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:09 am

Hey Tony, I was thinking of another idea of what to do.

I was thinking that I could print out the graphic of the chess piece you did. Then use the backside of the paper to write a short message. (Still haven't determined how to word it just yet) Then send it off.

Also, should this letter be a one time thing or should it be like a weekly writing?

Is this just crazy?

And I LOVED it!

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:27 am

My friend KITT,
Putting the Knight Logo isnt going to hurt so why not..

It is my opinion that the letter writing campaign should continue beyond one week, however since the petiton has been signed by 123 people trying to save the show so far,& one signed "Cancel the show".

My biggest concern is, say we only get 150 signatures and only 150 people write in to save the show, and those same 150 people keep writing every week. That is only going to tell NBC the show is important to those 150 people no more no less.

So to answer your question yes I would keep writing every week until NBC commits one way or the other.

The real issue is this, for what ever reason (everyones is different) Knight Rider has touched our lives and perhaps inspirered us in someway. Therefore it is important to us as individuals, even as a group of fans, but it's cancelation or continuation, is just not that important to the general public. How to gain their support on this is beyond me.

You know, the whole Star Trek fan effort to revive the show started out smaller than the group we have here, 6 people who liked Star Trek got together, then then got a hold of other fans, soon they put together a convention. If they can do it we should be able to..

Does anyone know anyone in the press who could put it on the wire that Knight Rider fans from all over the world are not willing to let the new knight rider go down without a fight?? That we are organizing a letter writing campaign and an online petition..Maybe that would draw some attention to the cause??? what do you think folks?
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:08 am

Like I said earlier in the thread (Before GST made his announcement!) Its nothing more than cost cutting measures and should be in no way be taken as a threat to cancel the show!

Lets be honest though, ALL networks will be feeling the pinch and shows are gonna have their series's trimmed to suit, really its not worth all the panic.

Regarding getting signatures. Honestly, in my opinion, its a waste of time. IF NBC were decide to cancel the show, they will, regardless of how many signatures or letters they receive.

Anyone here who follows motorsports, and more specifically F1 will know that Honda F1 pulled out of next years championship. Do you think 10'000 fans signing a petition to Honda will make them change their mind, like hell it will!

Don't get me wrong im not in any way being negative, I'm simply trying to say its not worth stressing over as its totally out of our hands.

100%...

;-)
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:53 pm

chrisjones wrote:Re: SAVE KNIGHT RIDER 2008 before its to late
by chrisjones on Dec 08, 2008 11:08 am
Like I said earlier in the thread (Before GST made his announcement!) Its nothing more than cost cutting measures and should be in no way be taken as a threat to cancel the show!

Lets be honest though, ALL networks will be feeling the pinch and shows are gonna have their series's trimmed to suit, really its not worth all the panic.

Regarding getting signatures. Honestly, in my opinion, its a waste of time. IF NBC were decide to cancel the show, they will, regardless of how many signatures or letters they receive.
Chris,
I respect your postion, thank you for the input.

I also respect the input of those who wish to see the reboot actually air before taking a stand, I think that is a wise move.

The petition and letter writing campaigns were intended as pre-emptive effort, to let NBC there were people who support the show. I can clearly see by the response to the petition that the support although wide spread is limited to the few and not the many.

I truely hope that with the holidays rapidly approaching this matter is not stressing anyone out.

There is an old saying "Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)"
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!