Filming location: The Bridge

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knight-online
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Filming location: The Bridge

Post by knight-online » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:18 am

The picture of the hangar is also used in a clip from Black Ginger, the man in South Africa who do the CGI with MasterKey Film (http://www.blackginger.tv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). Perhaps it was his idea. Perhaps he build the hanger in CGI, only get inspired by the real one (look at a CGI-Model on his site)...

Greeting from Germany!
Elmar
Author of the German book "Das Knight Rider Buch" (licensed by NBC Universal, ISBN 978-3-8370-2220-9)
http://www.das-knight-rider-buch.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

German Fansite:
http://www.knight-online.info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:13 pm

ozikool wrote:Oh,that is a bit wierd ?
Yeah Im not so good with maps and directions :oops:
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:39 pm

Slade wrote:Ok I cant find an address for the place,I dont wanna get lost,not to mention I was only on Jamboree rd once and I was going to the Irvine park so I dont know how far away I was from the base.

Any help would appreciated,then I can plan to go down there soon and take pics and such :)
Just make sure you don't get arrested. They arrest otherwise innocent people for taking pictures of military installations, thinking that you may be some sort of terrorist. The old KR08 (with Alex Torres in charge) would have sent KI3T to find you... now they'll just send Zoe.

:lol:
Bring Knight Rider back for Season 2!!

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:41 pm

Slade wrote:
Thats ok ,I hope i did not sound mean ?
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ozikool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [fans only]
Save Knight Rider: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:42 pm

FLAGCEO wrote:
Slade wrote:Ok I cant find an address for the place,I dont wanna get lost,not to mention I was only on Jamboree rd once and I was going to the Irvine park so I dont know how far away I was from the base.

Any help would appreciated,then I can plan to go down there soon and take pics and such :)
Just make sure you don't get arrested. They arrest otherwise innocent people for taking pictures of military installations, thinking that you may be some sort of terrorist. The old KR08 (with Alex Torres in charge) would have sent KI3T to find you... now they'll just send Zoe.

:lol:
That sound cool :kitt:
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ozikool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [fans only]
Save Knight Rider: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Charlie Brown
Recruit

Post by Charlie Brown » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:57 pm

Slade, if you were at Irvine Park and Jamboree, you were about 8 miles too far inland. Head South on Jamboree for about 20 minutes. It will go past a mall, underneath the Interstate 5, then become a freeway-like road.

While on this "freeway" you will get an offramp for Warner Ave. Exit, and you will be facing the hangar.

Now for the downer: There are no open roads that lead into the base, literally. You'd have to off-road for about a quarter mile to have a chance, and by then, someone will have definitely stopped you.

Back when the base was operational, the road entrance was on the exact opposite side of the base from where you'll be, Slade (on Red Hill Ave and Warner Ave).

If I were you, just bring a very good Zoom Lens, park behind the Target or Lowe's inside The District (shopping Mall nearby, with the Costco), and start snapping pics.

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:41 am

ozikool wrote:
Slade wrote:
Thats ok ,I hope i did not sound mean ?
Nah not at all,its all good :wink:

Wow thanks Charlie for the info,hard to believe I was only 8 miles away.So much for getting close tho.I was actually goinga have a freind come with me since he knows the area better then me,I still might :)

I dont have a super duper digital camera tho*doh!*just a regular one.Ill work with what I got.Wish I could get in tho like the film crews and such...

I dont know how soon Im going down but Ill be sure to keep you all updated :wink: :kitt:

Oh I do hope the send Zoe :D
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:26 am

That is good new :good:
and LOL

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:12 pm

I realize this isn't an actual filming location, but the coordinates of the cocaine shipment in Fly by Knight (34.499", -118.800") is in the following location just outside Santa Clarita. Unfortuntately it looks rather mountainous and likely not the actual location for the actual scene - which wouldn't be too far fetched (since GST production is based in Santa Clarita)

If you plug in the coordinates as Billy gave them (missing the minus sign), you really do get a location in China.
FlybyKnightmap.jpg
FlybyKnightmap.jpg (99.64 KiB) Viewed 25739 times

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:45 pm

I found another filming location from I Wanna Rock 'N Roll All Knight. The screenshot is below at index time 11:18:
IwannaRockclip1.jpg
IwannaRockclip1.jpg (68.35 KiB) Viewed 25740 times
The Way Station coffeeshop is real, and is located at 24377 San Fernando Rd, Newhall, CA‎.

There have either been a lot of landscaping changes, or the show did a lot of dressing up of the corner (which is evident because they covered up the yellow fire hydrant with a bush), as you can see in this shot from google maps below. The show had an old-style clock that was a clue used in some dialog, but the clock is nowhere to be seen on the actual corner. A distinguishing feature is the row of mailboxes/newspaper boxes, as well as the way the shape of the signage of the neighboring store, which is also the same in both images.
IwannaRockclip1.jpg
IwannaRockclip1.jpg (68.35 KiB) Viewed 25740 times
Attachments
Way Sta google.jpg
Way Sta google.jpg (76.1 KiB) Viewed 25732 times

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:26 pm

Found another one.

I was re-watching Hard Day's Knight, and I found the outdoor mall where the opening scene takes place - where the courier is being trailed by two agents and switches the briefcase with a kid who is taken down in front of a fountain.

The location is the Valencia Town Center, in Santa Clarita, CA, at 24415 Town Center Dr Valencia, CA 91355.

The screen shot is below, followed by two pics - one from google maps and another from a photo of a restaurant in the town center. As the camera pans around, you can see there is a Borders Bookstore in the mall, along with some restaurant with the name "Grill" in in - it's the Salt Creek Grill. There are three "towers" of sort that are visible behind the agent as he stands up, which are visible in the photo of the restaurant Poquito Mas. And, of course, there is the fountain (visible in the SSC's jumbotron screen. All items are circled in red in the screenshots. If you look close enough you can even see the P from the movie theater in the back (that is also visible int he Poquito Mas restaurant pic).

Screenshots:
HardDaysKnight4.jpg
HardDaysKnight4.jpg (88.72 KiB) Viewed 25701 times
Google Maps:
Valencia Town Center.jpg
Valencia Town Center.jpg (41.9 KiB) Viewed 25703 times
Poquito Mas:
Valencia Town Center2.jpg
Valencia Town Center2.jpg (117.75 KiB) Viewed 25698 times

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:15 am

why dont they mentione the filming location of each episod? officialy I mean.
on the official web site of KR, how about creating a new section that reads "Filming Locations" and list all the places they used? this hasnt ben done before? Image :kitt:

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:34 am

I see what you mean.That would be good.Even top secret ones,lol

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:13 pm

Knight007 wrote:why dont they mentione the filming location of each episod? officialy I mean.
on the official web site of KR, how about creating a new section that reads "Filming Locations" and list all the places they used? this hasnt ben done before? Image :kitt:
But that would ruin the fun of finding the locations and posting them here. Look at the "Locations?" thread in the KR general discussions page - there are over 20 pages of posts where people have found and taken photos of actual filming locations from the original series. Someone even figured out where KARR went over the cliff and where he was found on a map, showing exactly how far he would have traveled to go from one place to the next. It's somewhat geeky, but an interesting challenge.

That's the purpose of this thread too - for us to take the challenge and find the locations used in the new series. Then one of us can take our own Mustangs (or Honday Civic Hybrids in Sue's case) and take pictures of the locataions ourselves and post them here.

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:12 pm

I've got a few more locations, all from Knight and the City. The street that the bad guys chase Mike and KITT down (from the museum of crashed up cars) was E 3rd Street, and KITT turns onto Santa Fe Street, both in LA, near Skid Row. KITT then does the sideways Turbo Boost onto the East 4th Street overpass. here are the images:

1. Screenshot of KITT turning onto Santa Fe St. from E 3rd St.:
KnightCity1.jpg
KnightCity1.jpg (98.93 KiB) Viewed 25383 times
GoogleMaps streetview of the intersection of Santa Fe St. and E 3rd St.:
SantaFe-Palmetto.jpg
SantaFe-Palmetto.jpg (70.26 KiB) Viewed 25384 times
Last edited by FLAGCEO on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:15 pm

2. Screenshot of KITT executing a sideways Turbo Boost at the E 4th St. Bridge/overpass:
KnightCityTB.jpg
KnightCityTB.jpg (64.6 KiB) Viewed 25388 times
GoogleMaps streetview of Santa Fe St. at the E 4th St. overpass:
SantaFeBridge.jpg
SantaFeBridge.jpg (74.04 KiB) Viewed 25385 times

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:19 pm

3. Screenshot of the underside of KITT about to land onto E 4th St. (notice KITT doesn't have the "KR" cover on the underside in this shot):
KnightCityTBland.jpg
KnightCityTBland.jpg (64.88 KiB) Viewed 25381 times
GoogleMaps streetview of E. 4th Street from virtually the same angle:
SantaFeE4thSt.jpg
SantaFeE4thSt.jpg (66.32 KiB) Viewed 25379 times

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:01 pm

4. Here is the screenshot of KITT pulling up to the Musuem where Sonny's crashed-up car was on display (the image is more of the front of the building, because the shot with KITT only has the window):
KnightCitymuseum.jpg
KnightCitymuseum.jpg (59.81 KiB) Viewed 25369 times
The googlemaps streetview, which is only available from the other side of E.6th Street:
SSantaFeAve-E6thSt.jpg
SSantaFeAve-E6thSt.jpg (78.87 KiB) Viewed 25369 times
This location is on E 6th Street just east of S. Santa Fe Avenue. The E 6th Street overpass is where the gunmen were shooting from, down to the street level below.

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:16 pm

The route of the chase scene ending in the sideways turbo boost is as follows:
- Starting at the museum on E. 6th Street, just east of S. Santa Fe Ave., KITT drives west on E 6th St., turns left onto S. Santa Fe Ave, heading south. From here, however, the next turn we see is a right turn, which happens to be from E. 3rd Street onto Santa Fe, about a mile or so north of the starting location. KITT turns south on Santa Fe, and then does ANOTHER right turn - this time, it's a different angle - AGAIN from E. 3rd St. onto Santa Fe (this is the first image I posted above). There is a building at 960 E. 3rd Street, which is on the corner of 3rd and Santa Fe, that has very unique windows, and is visible in the FIRST right turn. In the SECOND right turn, taken from the reverse angle, we see the tall red brick building with the words "TOYS" on the top, which is also at this same intersection.

Robi
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Filming location: Amusement park

Post by Robi » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:21 pm

"Don't Stop the Knight"; The amusement park where Michael has to deliver Gunner Haas to Ivana Alexandrovna in exchange for "the box".
Amusement park from "Don't Stop the Knight"
Amusement park from "Don't Stop the Knight"
Don't Stop the Knight1.jpg (47.63 KiB) Viewed 25375 times
The white roller-coaster structure is the "Colossus" and the one to the right is "Scream"
The place: Six Flags Magic Mountain, Valencia, California
Six Flags Magic Mountain plan part
Six Flags Magic Mountain plan part
Don't Stop the KnightSF1.jpg (60.18 KiB) Viewed 25375 times
Google Earth view of Six Flags Magic Mountain
Google Earth view of Six Flags Magic Mountain
Don't Stop the Knight GE1.jpg (126.16 KiB) Viewed 25374 times

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:10 pm

Robi, thanks for posting. I was beginning to feel like I was the only person looking for KR08 locations.

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:20 pm

In the discussions about Fight Knight, there was a thread started about Newcomb's Ranch, the location of the fight club.

Here's a link to the KRO thread: viewtopic.php?f=1047&t=13770

Here's is also a link to the Newcomb's Ranch website: http://www.newcombsranch.com

It is located in Angels National Forest, just outside of the LA area.

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:39 pm

Here is a googlemaps pic of Newcomb's Ranch (listed by googlemaps as located at: 4932 Forest Highway Route FH61, South Antelope Valley, CA)
NewcombsRanch.jpg
NewcombsRanch.jpg (125.81 KiB) Viewed 25111 times

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:00 am

FLAGCEO wrote:Robi, thanks for posting. I was beginning to feel like I was the only person looking for KR08 locations.
Great job you guys on all of these! Here are some other threads with KR08 locations, but lets try to keep this going in one.

viewtopic.php?f=1046&t=11712" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

viewtopic.php?f=1047&t=12444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

viewtopic.php?f=1048&t=12823" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

viewtopic.php?f=1047&t=13770" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That google map of Newcomb's Ranch is amazing. Here's mine.
DSC_1969.jpg
DSC_1969.jpg (71.34 KiB) Viewed 24968 times
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:05 pm

Sue wrote:
FLAGCEO wrote:Robi, thanks for posting. I was beginning to feel like I was the only person looking for KR08 locations.
Great job you guys on all of these! Here are some other threads with KR08 locations, but lets try to keep this going in one.

viewtopic.php?f=1046&t=11712" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

viewtopic.php?f=1047&t=12444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

viewtopic.php?f=1048&t=12823" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

viewtopic.php?f=1047&t=13770" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That google map of Newcomb's Ranch is amazing. Here's mine.
DSC_1969.jpg
Sue, I didn't know you and SHADO made it out to Newcombs! You should have taken a picture by the tree on the far right side of the parking area, where KI3T was parked. 8)

Guys, by the way, John Schneider (of Dukes of Hazzard fame and Smallville) is filming a new action-thriller in my office building. Tight security though. Just thought I'd mention it.