Knight Rider - Wallpapers!

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider - Wallpapers!

Post by weeezl » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:54 pm

Well that was silly of me, I didn't realise the Cobra was the wrong way round, doh
Attachments
Knight_3000_Ripped_by_weeezl_cobra_fixed.jpg
Knight_3000_Ripped_by_weeezl_cobra_fixed.jpg (53.38 KiB) Viewed 55394 times

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:14 am

Man I'm such an idiot, its still the wrong way round lol. Practicing photoshop is fun :D
Attachments
Knight_3000_Ripped_by_weeezl_cobra_fixed2.jpg
Knight_3000_Ripped_by_weeezl_cobra_fixed2.jpg (53.37 KiB) Viewed 55367 times

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:19 am

knightridersquarecolorfix.jpg
knightridersquarecolorfix.jpg (141.23 KiB) Viewed 55544 times
That reminds me, I made an album cover sized one of that pict a while back. Square images come in handy from time to time.
Is that background all the same layer VK? It would be handy for people to have KITT with an invisible back I bet. You could put him on a beach in hawaii or whatever. In fact that could be a fun wallpaper challenge, place KITT in strange wallpaper settings, the standard windows ones would rock. Tire tracks left on the green hills of "bliss" KITT kicking up leaves in "autumn" maybe turbo boosting over "stone henge". :mrgreen:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:48 am

Strange wallpapers eh? sounds fun, heres one I just did
Attachments
VISTA_KITT.jpg
VISTA_KITT.jpg (59.14 KiB) Viewed 55444 times

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:59 am

Last one and Im off to bed, not to keen on this one now, oh well....
Attachments
Black&Red_Kitt.jpg
Black&Red_Kitt.jpg (73 KiB) Viewed 55346 times

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:54 am

How did you do that Weeezl? I want to make a Windows version with KI3T's red scanner with sky blue streaks in the background. :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:53 am

Sue wrote:
knightridersquarecolorfix.jpg
That reminds me, I made an album cover sized one of that pict a while back. Square images come in handy from time to time.

Is that background all the same layer VK? It would be handy for people to have KITT with an invisible back I bet. You could put him on a beach in hawaii or whatever. In fact that could be a fun wallpaper challenge, place KITT in strange wallpaper settings, the standard windows ones would rock. Tire tracks left on the green hills of "bliss" KITT kicking up leaves in "autumn" maybe turbo boosting over "stone henge". :mrgreen:
- Nice work there Sue and Weeezl, love the logo in silver and the windows look. Sue the image I did is all on one layer with the black, if people wanted to use my art and swap backgrounds, they'd have to cut the Shelby and put it on a new layer. Anyone is welcome to try, looks like Weeezl already did.

Nice to see people inspired by my efforts and have fun!

=VK=
:dash:

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:04 am

Victor Kros, thank you and I liked a lot! 8)

It is also weeezl…2K&3KKITT…Sky_Blue_Civic…and Sue! :D

You are the best! :good:

Alex.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:21 am

Victor Kros wrote:Anyone is welcome to try, looks like Weeezl already did.

Nice to see people inspired by my efforts and have fun!

=VK=

Lol yeah, you know me! I wanted to do that to the image before, the Stang' minus the background. I cropped it out myself from the original Icon Reborn pic but it didn't look like your rework, mine was messier and the removal of the blue hue left it looking really flat in comparison. I do this a lot, re-coloring images, making minor adjustments to them, adding bits here and there. The idea is to get more technically proficient with Photoshop so when I have one of those "I need a background for something" or "I need some artwork for a project" moments I can make one myself thats exactly what I want instead of making do. Seeing others artwork inspires me to work harder at it to achieve my goals, otherwise I'd probably end up never advancing in skill level. I am a long way off being comfortable with art applications and knowing what looks good from a design point of view but every bit helps eh?

iphoneowner
Volunteer

Post by iphoneowner » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:27 pm

Ya, thanks for the wallpapers! I have been looking for some good/ high quality wallpapers. :good: :kitt:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:02 pm

Karr 1680x1050

Full size image here: http://i41.tinypic.com/fw37nc.jpg

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:50 pm

So uh... magically you all can do this without some sort of explanation or tutorial?
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:41 pm

weeezl wrote:Last one and Im off to bed, not to keen on this one now, oh well....
is there a biger version of this ??
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ozikool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [fans only]
Save Knight Rider: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:46 pm

There should be bonnie and kitt , devon , or >ki2t and ki2t< < i would love
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ozikool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [fans only]
Save Knight Rider: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:37 pm

ozikool wrote:
weeezl wrote:Last one and Im off to bed, not to keen on this one now, oh well....
is there a biger version of this ??

Not yet, Ill do some in higher res and put them up here.

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:49 pm

Can i have one in 1024x768 please

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:50 pm

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:So uh... magically you all can do this without some sort of explanation or tutorial?
Well I cant speak for the others but I learned just from playing about with the software. I started with Paintshop sometime last year then moved on to Photoshop. I learn better from figuring out myself rather than tutorials, well I did watch "Photoshop Makeovers" on youtube to help with those embarrassing family photos lol. Other than that I just try stuff out and see what happens :) That said I want to get more proficient with the software so I'm gonna get the "Photoshop Top Secret DVD Tutorials" it says on the website something like "Learn how to be a black-belt in Photoshop" or words to that effect, so that sounds pretty cool. Its just a question of patience and do I have enough too study them properly? :)

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:53 pm

ozikool wrote:Can i have one in 1024x768 please

I'll do some in a few sizes, from 1024x768 up to 1920x1080 if people want them.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:09 pm

Your work is extraordinary, Weeezl.

I loved the pule scanner and the one with the Windows symbol. (The colors are just perfect!)
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:45 pm

New Wallpaper Knight Rider that I did...it is April Curtis. :wink:

http://www.uploadimagens.com/upload/30d ... 1a5477.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alex.

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:36 pm

weeezl wrote:
ozikool wrote:Can i have one in 1024x768 please

I'll do some in a few sizes, from 1024x768 up to 1920x1080 if people want them.
Thanks, I cant wait

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:16 pm

I liked his Wallpaper and the colors black and the red a lot. It is spectacular! 8)

Alex.

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:18 pm

Alex wrote:
I liked his Wallpaper and the colors black and the red a lot. It is spectacular! 8)

Alex.
I know it suits KITT alot (Of course)

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:48 pm

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:54 pm

My advice with learning how to do this kind of artwork, especially with Photoshop is four things:

#1. Research - always, always do your research. If you want to make something look like something else, looks like it belongs with something else (photo-montage/manipulation) look closely at the details what you're trying to do. If you're trying to render metal, find photos of metal like swords, tools, chrome, gold, silver, etc.

If you're trying to emulate light, study how the light effects the surface its reflected off of and how intense that reflection is. Learn your tools, read about what they do so that when you need to solve a problem or achieve a desired effect, you know which tools to use for the job.

In Photoshop I would say I use the polygonal lasso, dodge/burn, airbrush, smudge/blur tools the most followed by the hue/saturation/brightness (HSB), and curves and levels menu options for color and contrast alterations/adjustments.

If you want to cut out objects or make soft selections, learning how feathering works is essential for seamless manipulations and extractions.

Photoshop has several ways to do the same thing. It is just a question of finding which way works best for you.

#2. Buy yourself a Visual Quickstart book for the program you want to learn. It is by far for me the most cost effective way (and cheapest book I've found that does what I need it to) to learn a program for those types of people who prefer to see images instead of just text. If you are serious about learning the craft, be prepared to understand you will get what you put in be it time or money. If you invest in a book it may help you learn faster, if you invest your time into free tutorials that may help you learn faster too but whichever method you choose, stay dedicated to learning if that is what you really want to do.

#3. Practice, practice, practice! Don't get discouraged because your first attempts don't look as good as other people. Don't be afraid to ask questions. There's mutliple tutorials on the internet full of other artists who would be glad to help you out but they also most likely will not keep doing the work for you. Try not to be discouraged or overwhelmed by all the tools and features a program can offer, just learn which tools work best for you and learn the rest of the program's abilities over time.

#4. Learn to accept constructive critisism. This does not mean you have to accept when someone tells you your work "sucks", this means you should ask them to explain to you why it sucks. Likewise in my experience when you finish a piece and people tell you how much they love it, don't just say thank you but ask someone why they like it. Knowing what people like and dislike can help you improve significantly as an artist.

Accept that you are still learning and that there is always room for improvement. Try not to view someone critiquing your work as a personal attack against you or your skill (unless it's just plain uncalled for). Look at it more as an informative opinion. Not everyone who dislikes your work is going to be right because everyone sees things from their own perspective.

Trust me when I tell you that I've been through some incredibly brutal critiques in my time, especially in college but I listen to what is said and draw my own conclusions about what is relevant that I can use to improve my work, or what is just someone's opinion.

I believe in my experience, an artist (whether traditional or digital) or potential artist has to accept the fact that there are others who will always be better than what they can do. Each person has their individual strengths and weaknesses. Do what inspires you and decide for yourself when you feel your artwork is complete. They say that a piece is never finished, an artist just decides at some point to stop working on it.

I firmly believe this philosophy is true, especially when you are on a deadline or you are doing something that is work over what you're passionate about. I am however not focusing on "working in the industry" here though the same three things can apply. You decide what you feel is finished and when to stop.

It takes some people longer to pick up on things with respects to art than other artists out there. Everyone has their own learning curve but it is important to remember no matter what your ambition, a skill takes time to master. You will most likely not pick up things overnight and you may wind up failing several times before you do something right. It takes patience, understanding, research, (some times money), and dedication to learn new skills.

I hope this advice helps.

=VK=