Post what you all drive!

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ShadowRider
Recruit

Re: Post what you all drive!

Post by ShadowRider » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:47 am

excalibur wrote:Here’s our '82 “Kitt”. We bought him in 2004 from a guy my husband works with who owned the car for 12 years. It's a rebuilt 305 bored 30 over. The hood, roof and trunk are faded from years in the sun, but he'll finally be getting a new paint job this year. We've been keeping a car cover on to prevent further sun fade to the interior and paint. The original front seats were replaced with Camaro seats, but we've procured some original PDFs in good shape although they are in need of re-upholstering. Eventually we hope to get a nose with scanner, but *sigh* a new roof on the house comes first! And now the KR GPS is definitely on our wish list...!!

That '82 Trans Am is sweet !!! I've actually planned to make an 82 replica out of my Trans Am, or in better terms, 82-look, replacing the aerowing with spoiler, later 3 gen Trans Am hood with with the off-centere cowl induction hood, tail lights (maybe) and the nose and rear bumper, and taking off the ground effects. So the changes apply to exterior only, for I intend to keep the TPI-engine for better fuel economy/power ratio, and I' ve also invested so much money to the car.

Those 15" Turbocast wheels and hubcaps are so damn expensive I must think do I really want them that bad. And with my current 15" spare rims the car is so damn low I used to hit every speedbump (currently I have the 16" GTA Diamond Spokes under it)

Hey, what's the KR GPS?

89IROCNDoug
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by 89IROCNDoug » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:02 am

JJSoCrazy wrote: No it actually is the V6 and yes the 4 means AWD. BTW it's 260hp and I can keep up with your engine if not beat you! But oh well because I am getting the new 09 CTS, plus the engine is 304hp which will smoke that northstar, lol.

Joe

(PS, my father works for Cadillac, so let me know if u need anything, also to others on this forum!)
Well, I'll race ya with your current Caddy - I think I got a decent shot at taking you down! lol

Yes, the 09 CTS would smoke me! You're making me jealous!

Too bad I don't have the big bucks to buy the 550HP CTS-V!!!!! That thing would smoke about everything!!!!! :o
One man did make a difference.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:16 am

JJSoCrazy wrote:(PS, my father works for Cadillac, so let me know if u need anything, also to others on this forum!)
OK, if there's an extra XLR-v laying around, I'll take one in black! Nice Caddy, by the way, JJSoCrazy.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:58 am

89IROCNDoug wrote:
JJSoCrazy wrote: No it actually is the V6 and yes the 4 means AWD. BTW it's 260hp and I can keep up with your engine if not beat you! But oh well because I am getting the new 09 CTS, plus the engine is 304hp which will smoke that northstar, lol.

Joe

(PS, my father works for Cadillac, so let me know if u need anything, also to others on this forum!)
Well, I'll race ya with your current Caddy - I think I got a decent shot at taking you down! lol

Yes, the 09 CTS would smoke me! You're making me jealous!

Too bad I don't have the big bucks to buy the 550HP CTS-V!!!!! That thing would smoke about everything!!!!! :o
Yea I wanted to get the new V and was going to have my dad order me one but I want to save some money right now. It's going to be one bad car!, 0-60 in 3.8 and 1/4 mile 12 flat! I'm taking that bad boy for a spin when he gets them in aug/sept!
Lost Knight wrote:
JJSoCrazy wrote:(PS, my father works for Cadillac, so let me know if u need anything, also to others on this forum!)
OK, if there's an extra XLR-v laying around, I'll take one in black! Nice Caddy, by the way, JJSoCrazy.
If your really interested I can get you one no problem! Plus we have plenty of customers from Long Island, shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the compliment! :D

Joe

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:09 pm

JJSoCrazy wrote:If your really interested I can get you one no problem! Plus we have plenty of customers from Long Island, shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the compliment! :D

Joe
Am I interested? Yes. Do I have an extra $100K laying around? I'll have to get back to you on that one... :)
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

excalibur
Recruit

Post by excalibur » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:56 am

ShadowRider wrote:
excalibur wrote:Here’s our '82 “Kitt”. We bought him in 2004 from a guy my husband works with who owned the car for 12 years. It's a rebuilt 305 bored 30 over. The hood, roof and trunk are faded from years in the sun, but he'll finally be getting a new paint job this year. We've been keeping a car cover on to prevent further sun fade to the interior and paint. The original front seats were replaced with Camaro seats, but we've procured some original PDFs in good shape although they are in need of re-upholstering. Eventually we hope to get a nose with scanner, but *sigh* a new roof on the house comes first! And now the KR GPS is definitely on our wish list...!!

That '82 Trans Am is sweet !!! I've actually planned to make an 82 replica out of my Trans Am, or in better terms, 82-look, replacing the aerowing with spoiler, later 3 gen Trans Am hood with with the off-centere cowl induction hood, tail lights (maybe) and the nose and rear bumper, and taking off the ground effects. So the changes apply to exterior only, for I intend to keep the TPI-engine for better fuel economy/power ratio, and I' ve also invested so much money to the car.

Those 15" Turbocast wheels and hubcaps are so damn expensive I must think do I really want them that bad. And with my current 15" spare rims the car is so damn low I used to hit every speedbump (currently I have the 16" GTA Diamond Spokes under it)

Hey, what's the KR GPS?
Thanks for the nice compliment. :) Your 89 T/A looks very clean. The interchangeability of the body parts on these is great and it’ll look really good when you’re done. The TPI is an excellent performer so I don't blame you for not wanting to change it out. I hear ya on the expense of the 15” turbo cast wheels and caps. My husband was fortunate and recently came into some 15” turbo cast wheels cheap from a guy cleaning out his shed (he wasn’t into Kitt or T/A’s just Camaro’s). They have some corrosion on them and no caps. We’ll get them media blasted and get repo caps and then sell our 14” ones.
We had an 83 T/A in the past with wheels similar to yours although they were aftermarket diamond spoke wheels that were black with polished aluminum lips. They kinda looked like turbo casts with black caps from a distance. Still a real nice look.
oops, sorry I wasn’t very clear on the KR GPS… it’s the Mio Knight Rider GPS that’s coming out in the fall. And Lol, in my original post I meant to say PMD not PDF seats!! :shock: It was late at night when I posted that. :D

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:20 pm

Crumbling Down wrote:my gf would be so jealous of you riding a donkey. She loves donkies and always is saying she wants to ride on one.
That's a mule, hon. 8)
But your girlfriend has very good taste.

For now I'm actually riding on road shoulders... it's interesting to actually go places using 1860 transportation. :mrgreen:
Heaven, where all QC only has to be run once.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:51 pm

And that 1860 transportation is so cute and cuddly, you might be tempted to take breaks just to pet her. :) How is Jasmine doing these days? She's just too cute! :)

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:31 am

I'm going to put up a thread in the Lounge now about our ride yesterday when we got pictures. It was great.
Heaven, where all QC only has to be run once.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:15 pm

Saw it. Fantastic. :) I like your 1860 transportation. :)

Knight_Blood
Volunteer

Post by Knight_Blood » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:39 pm

I'm driving a diamond black '92 BMW 320 coupe, a car i was just in love with since it first came out. Wish I had some pictures to show how it went from a ridiculous heap (It had a huge pink playboy bunny sticker on the hood, all mirrors hand painted in bright pink which was peeling, and the alcantara on the doorpanels had been switched for a hand-knit white-black-orange stripe pattern, scratched, faded, peeling 5-arm rims that just looked like plastic, and all-round busted suspension which gave the impression that the car was lowered LOL) to a decent fun factory, although it doesn't see as much action these days because of gas prices. Which is funny because from back in 2000, the oil price has skyrocketed to match the dollar's declining rate, but if you do the math, and take into account the dollar/euro exchange rate, it should be the same price in Europe, and a couple cents cheaper!

2000: 1 USD = 1.2 EUR
OIL PRICE (1 BARREL) = 60 USD = 72 EUR

2008 (June): 1 USD = 0.62 EUR
OIL PRICE (1 BARREL) = 115 USD = 71,3 EUR

So if the price of crude oil per barrel has fallen, why the increase in European gas prices?
KARR vs KITT: The paradox of an irresistible force meeting an immovable object...

ShadowRider
Recruit

Post by ShadowRider » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:49 am

I hear you on the high gas prices. Gas prices here in Finland are really high, it's over the "pain threshold", 1.55 Euros per liter ! And I fill my Trans Am with 98 octane so it's ~1.60 Euros per liter (that's 2,5 USD), and my 5.7 V8 burns 14 - 16 liters of it per 100 kilometers (that's ~62 miles). But I won't sell it, Trans Am has been my dream car ever since I was 8 ! I just have to think when I drive with it and when with it's sidekick, the small -85 Ford Fiesta - it's cheaper to drive.

But you know the old saying,
F*** the fuel economy, ride with style !

KITTRINA
Recruit

Post by KITTRINA » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:14 pm

I drive a 2002 pontiac firebird with t-tops. She is gold with black interior. I love her more than my husband! lol

Mblackphoenix
Rookie

Post by Mblackphoenix » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:17 am

I’m driving two cars.
And of one I’m very proud.

After 22 years of dreaming about a car like KITT, last year a dream came true.
First we wanted to build a replica, but more and more we looked at it, we decided to leave it.
It’s in to good shape.
It’s a 91 Firebird Trans Am. TBI 305cui 170 Horse Power

Some things we had to change for the TUEV (without it you get no permission to drive it in Germany) and some things we must to change for us.
So the rear-view mirrors. (Pics from the rebuilding you can see here: http://www.knight-rider-board.de/board/ ... eadid=7363 )
And the Lights below. That’s the current project of my husband.

Here you can see some picture we had made the last month:

http://mblackphoenix.jalbum.net/Dakota1 ... 1_020.html

http://mblackphoenix.jalbum.net/Dakota01.06.08/

http://mblackphoenix.jalbum.net/DAKOTAKuesnacht250508/

http://mblackphoenix.jalbum.net/Dakota270408/

My second car and daily it’s a 2004 black Ford Focus.
Have it now a month and must first take picture of it.
It gets some changes too.
First look, here:
http://www.knight-rider-board.de/board/ ... eadid=7668

And I give my cars names too. :P
The Trans Am we’re calling “DAKOTA”.
And the Focus “Phoenix”.
Greetings

Phoenix / Sabine

80sKnight
Recruit

Post by 80sKnight » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:27 am

Here is my car:

Lights a goin:

From the side (older pic):

Inside (again, older pic):

Wife's car (soon to be 1st/2nd season conversion at her want):

The two together!

80sKnight

:dash4:
Owner of 3rd/4th Season KITT replica

:dash:
1st/2nd Season replica IN PROGRESS!

KnightLady
Operative

Post by KnightLady » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:41 pm

I drive a 06 Gold Ford Focus ZX4. And her name is Goldie...lol Obvious choice considering she is gold. But, I got her because I needed something with fairly decent gas mileage. And my best gas mileage with her has been 39 mpg. Of course, that meant no a/c and no extra weight in the car. But, she is fun to drive and she does have a good get up and go for a 4 cyclinder.

pezze87
Rookie

Post by pezze87 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:21 am

my baby =)
The Knight is back!

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:17 am

80sKnight wrote:Here is my car:

( KITT Replica)
Dude that is sweet!!! Did you do the conversion yourself or pay someone? I heard it is like $30,000 to have a turnkey conversion done (ie they do all the work).

I want a KITT Replica that is powered by the AC Propulsion motor in the Tesla and lithium batteries! Unfortunately it is 20,000 for a battery pack like in the Tesla... :(

:)

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:50 pm

After I wrecked my replica I bought this:
Then I sold it and now I have this:
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

80sKnight
Recruit

Post by 80sKnight » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:07 pm

seeker78 wrote:
80sKnight wrote:Here is my car:

( KITT Replica)
Dude that is sweet!!! Did you do the conversion yourself or pay someone? I heard it is like $30,000 to have a turnkey conversion done (ie they do all the work).

I want a KITT Replica that is powered by the AC Propulsion motor in the Tesla and lithium batteries! Unfortunately it is 20,000 for a battery pack like in the Tesla... :(

:)
In those pics, I bought the parts from various vendors and did all the installations and whatnot myself. It's nice, but it's not as good as it could be. I've currently having it redone by one vendor with all his parts. So basically, a turnkey, but I'm providing the car (with an actual turnkey, the vendor supplies the car... oh, and by the way, a real turnkey is $45,000) My car will still be a 3rd/4th season replica.

My wife's car will be the 1st/2nd season conversion. We have her exterior package already (nose w/grills, scanner, and tail light blackout), we just have to install it. She'll also be ordering her dash by September's end!

:dash: :D
80sKnight

Gadjet
Rookie

Post by Gadjet » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:56 am

Well i cant drive, well I did learn how to do a handbreak turn and a J turn after that it was all a bit complicated.

Plus years of watching Knight rider I always wnt for the wrong side for the gear leaver.

However I have been a Biker since the age of 16, so heres not what I drive but what I ride.

Its actualy a 1979 honda CB250n superdream, I call it Scrap Hawk or G.I.T.T depending on how its behaving :)

Oh and as for over the top dashbourds go this was Scrap Hawks dash last time around.

Also heres how the rest of him looked 2 years ago.

Hes alot like KITT as in hes constanlty being upgraded.

Gadjet
My youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/gadget127 contains my own vids Street Hawk vs Knight rider, Knight rider/Mad max music vids and lots of high octaine action

scooby
Volunteer

Post by scooby » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:52 pm

I have a 2004 ford escape for the family ride and i drive an 86 red firebird and my hubby has a 84 mustang gt350 20th annv 5.0 vert. I use to drive a blue 87 trans am till she caught on fire.
Attachments
Red Bird will be selling soon for a trans am again
Red Bird will be selling soon for a trans am again
emilie.JPG (74.31 KiB) Viewed 24820 times
GT350
GT350
mike.JPG (74.14 KiB) Viewed 24819 times
I miss ya.
I miss ya.
tranam.jpg (29.11 KiB) Viewed 24820 times

80sKnight
Recruit

Post by 80sKnight » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:52 pm

Fire?! What happened?!
80sKnight

scooby
Volunteer

Post by scooby » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:39 pm

Oil fire. Tranny overheated which we think cause the gaskets to let go in the motor which was already weak 224,000 miles with a wrist pin going and oil went everywhere which cause the fire. But meltrd every bushing in the front end and pretty much ended the motor and tranny and to add to the fact that it would have to be repainted again( it was just painted) i just deceded it wasnt worth it anymore and i am still kicking myself in the head.

1991firebirdkitt
Recruit

Post by 1991firebirdkitt » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:35 pm

I Drive a 1991 Pontiac Firebird! :kitt:
Attachments
fiebird1.JPG
fiebird1.JPG (73.96 KiB) Viewed 24733 times