Post what you all drive!

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

snafu
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Post what you all drive!

Post by snafu » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:12 pm

Well, if you people are posting trains and other stuff I get to put up my other "vehicle!"
View from the "diver's seat" :

She goes off road too!
Heaven, where all QC only has to be run once.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:06 pm

neps wrote:This is what I ride in every day, aint she a beaut?

He He, :lol: its funny cause it’s true.
For all the Southern Californians out there scratching their blond heads and loudly proclaiming, “I don’t get it.” Allow me to explain, this is what the rest of the world likes to call “public transportation.” It takes you were you need to go and you don’t even need to own a car. Imagine that!

Yeah Brooklyn! My Muder was bowrn there, I should give her a cawl. Perhaps after I drink this cup of cawffee I just bowght. :lol:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:07 pm

sky blue civic why was you outer driver side angel eye light not lighting up in that top pic?
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:11 pm

Sue wrote:
Yeah Brooklyn! My Muder was bowrn there, I should give her a cawl. Perhaps after I drink this cup of cawffee I just bowght. :lol:
LOL!

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:00 pm

neps wrote:This is what I ride in every day, aint she a beaut?

I take that subway alot.It stops by Kings Highway and McDonald which is not that far away from me.To think the subway I take home to post on the board is being driven by the board moderator. :kitt:

blowersho
Operative

Post by blowersho » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:54 pm

SD chick wrote

"Hey- who's bashing American Fords? I love their trucks. (obviously) I know lots of people who are still zipping around in Rangers with 200,000 + miles on them.
I do wish we'd get a diesel Ranger In the US, though. A diesel F150 would be neat, too."

I am bashing America Fords, the trucks are decent.
The cars on the other hand are bland, boring junk.
In the past 20 years or so they have given the rest of the world cars such as the Falcon XR6/XR8 and the Cosworth Fords of the late 80's early 90's among other great models.
What do we get? Nothing but 20 different variations of the rustangs.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:09 pm

Knight Racer wrote: I take that subway alot.It stops by Kings Highway and McDonald which is not that far away from me.To think the subway I take home to post on the board is being driven by the board moderator. :kitt:
A near brush with fame! :lol: And rumor has it he is scheduled to appear at the San Diego comic con!
Here are the top secret pictures of the attack version of him. :o
epstein.jpg
epstein.jpg (5.23 KiB) Viewed 30428 times
As it turns out he doesn’t look like David Hasselhoff. :D Look quick before the hand of God reaches in. :wink:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:23 am

Now you see why I don't hate Mustangs.

=VK=
:dash:

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:37 pm

Crumbling Down wrote:sky blue civic why was you outer driver side angel eye light not lighting up in that top pic?
I don't know why! :o
I said I wish I could upgrade my car like that...It's not my car!
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:31 pm

I used to drive this:

But unfortunately rust ate out the rear trailing arm bracket on the passenger side again and the weld shop said it was rusted out so bad underneath that it was unfixable. :(

Now I drive this:

:)

More photos and stuff here:

http://fuzziedice.com/vehicles/index.html

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:28 pm

I drive a 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS. It gets 23 M.P.G. city and 30 M.P.G. highway. 8)

“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:47 am

1995 Chevrolet Impala SS, I adore her.

This isn't mine, but this is the car. I just realized I don't really have any pictures of my car.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

ShadowRider
Recruit

Post by ShadowRider » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:27 am

This is my pride and joy.

a '89 Trans Am GTA, 350 TPI.

And this is my shopping bag, my primary vehicle for winters since I don't drive my Trans Am during winter (it's in a carage). It's a '85 Ford Fiesta Bravo with 1.1 liter engine. It's so economical, low insurance and doesn't eat gas much. I used to drive to work with it everyday before the offices moved downtown. Nowdays I use a bus though

I must say I half expected everyone on this board to have Trans Ams but was surprised to find only a few. :? Maybe it's these time when gasoline is so fricken expensive and an 80ies V8 is like a fat kid in a buffet, it limits my driving too but it's not a daily driver for me - more like a leisure cruiser.

89IROCNDoug
Operative

Post by 89IROCNDoug » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:20 am

My daily driver: 2000 Cadillac Seville STS (141,000 mi.)

My weekend fun car: 1989 Camaro IROC-Z with 350 TPI (39,000 mi.) Still has the original tires!!!
One man did make a difference.

ShadowRider
Recruit

Post by ShadowRider » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:40 am

That Caddy is nice. Been looking at those too. but my budget can't stand too V8s...

Original tires? So I take it that you're the first owner... how have you managed to drive nearly 2 decades with a torque-monster like that without going through several sets of rear tires? :)

My '89 350 TPI had brand new tires when I bought it 4 years ago and the rear tires are starting to be borderline.... :D 8)

89IROCNDoug
Operative

Post by 89IROCNDoug » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:19 am

ShadowRider wrote:That Caddy is nice. Been looking at those too. but my budget can't stand too V8s...

Original tires? So I take it that you're the first owner... how have you managed to drive nearly 2 decades with a torque-monster like that without going through several sets of rear tires? :)

My '89 350 TPI had brand new tires when I bought it 4 years ago and the rear tires are starting to be borderline.... :D 8)
I'm the 3rd owner. The 1st owner put over 20,000 miles on it in the 1 year he owned the car. The second owner barely drove it for 11 years. I bought it in 2001 with only about 33,000 miles on it. I still had some fun with it even though it has the original tires. When I stomp on it, I get plenty of wheel spin but it don't put down much rubber. I definitely need to get new tires - these things are hard, bald, and really cracking!

johnbamber
Volunteer

Post by johnbamber » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:13 pm

Here's mine - 2006 VW Passat 3.6 4Motion, navigation, the whole nine:

Sadly the lease is up in March of 2009 so she won't be mine much longer... :(

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:07 pm

89IROCNDoug wrote:My daily driver: 2000 Cadillac Seville STS (141,000 mi.)

My weekend fun car: 1989 Camaro IROC-Z with 350 TPI (39,000 mi.) Still has the original tires!!!
Finally another Cadillac besides mine lol. I have an 07 STS AWD! It's on the first page!

No one commented it :( lol

Joe

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:20 pm

my gf would be so jealous of you riding a donkey. She loves donkies and always is saying she wants to ride on one.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:35 pm

I bet I can take you 89Iroc lol!

89IROCNDoug
Operative

Post by 89IROCNDoug » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:50 pm

JJSoCrazy wrote:I bet I can take you 89Iroc lol!
Yeah, if you have the V8!!! But if you have the 6 banger, I think you are mistaken!

Which motor DO you have???

And what is that symbol or number (looks like a 4) after the STS on the rear end? (AWD?)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:11 pm

Lost Knight - You'll be surprised to find this out, but a former neighbor of mine also had an Eclipse and we named it Kitt! :) That's because one day I was outside talking to some other neighbors and we just happened to be on the sidewalk in front of his car when he decided to start the car from inside his apartment (his usual). The other neighbors turned and looked at the car rather startled (why I don't know) so I just said my neighbor was fixin to go out. Sure enough, my neighbor, with dog in tow, came out the door. So I told him and he laughed as he knew I loved KR. So the name stuck! :)

Doug - Your Iroc looks a lot like Sam's (TurbomanKnight)!

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:20 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:Lost Knight - You'll be surprised to find this out, but a former neighbor of mine also had an Eclipse and we named it Kitt! :) That's because one day I was outside talking to some other neighbors and we just happened to be on the sidewalk in front of his car when he decided to start the car from inside his apartment (his usual). The other neighbors turned and looked at the car rather startled (why I don't know) so I just said my neighbor was fixin to go out. Sure enough, my neighbor, with dog in tow, came out the door. So I told him and he laughed as he knew I loved KR. So the name stuck! :)
Well I can definitely tell you that I chose the color black because of K.I.T.T., though I never actually named her. Speaking of remote starts, I've been meaning to get one for the past two years now (dealer wanted $600 but the electrical warranty won't be voided if I went with them). I never went with that option because I know I could get the whole thing installed for $100 and change, but I didn't want to void the warranty. And I've also been thinking about putting some black rims on her to be more reminiscent of K.I.T.T., but haven't followed through with that yet (Tirerack.com is a good site to see what your car looks like with different rims, for anyone interested).

I'm also really glad the car doesn't have a built in navigation system and that I never bothered to buy one now that the recent news about the Knight Rider one is out. 8)
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

excalibur
Recruit

Post by excalibur » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:55 am

Here’s our '82 “Kitt”. We bought him in 2004 from a guy my husband works with who owned the car for 12 years. It's a rebuilt 305 bored 30 over. The hood, roof and trunk are faded from years in the sun, but he'll finally be getting a new paint job this year. We've been keeping a car cover on to prevent further sun fade to the interior and paint. The original front seats were replaced with Camaro seats, but we've procured some original PDFs in good shape although they are in need of re-upholstering. Eventually we hope to get a nose with scanner, but *sigh* a new roof on the house comes first! And now the KR GPS is definitely on our wish list...!!

Our 93 Chevy Suburban. Thankfully my husband works only 4 miles away as it gets 20 mpg highway. It does haul a lot of stuff though and has a tow package.

This is my baby, “Excalibur” which we’ve had since '82, at a small car show at a local Dodge dealership. He's a '73 SE Charger with a 440. Right now he’s in our garage waiting to have a new carburetor installed…

We were blessed with this '89 Crown Vic by my husband’s parents. They gave us this last year when they bought a newer used car! We’ve checked it out on the highway and it’s gotten 25 mpg which isn’t too bad for a big older car. But thankfully we live very close to shopping and work.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:22 am

89IROCNDoug wrote:
JJSoCrazy wrote:I bet I can take you 89Iroc lol!
Yeah, if you have the V8!!! But if you have the 6 banger, I think you are mistaken!

Which motor DO you have???

And what is that symbol or number (looks like a 4) after the STS on the rear end? (AWD?)
No it actually is the V6 and yes the 4 means AWD. BTW it's 260hp and I can keep up with your engine if not beat you! But oh well because I am getting the new 09 CTS, plus the engine is 304hp which will smoke that northstar, lol.

Joe

(PS, my father works for Cadillac, so let me know if u need anything, also to others on this forum!)