Knight Rider References In Movies/Television

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider References In Movies/Television

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:37 am

I was just thinking it might be fun to point out tiny references of Knight Rider in movies, so I have one on my mind at the moment. This was in the movie Go!: "...Hunter, Magnum P.I., Knight Rider's an excellent program!"
Last edited by Lost Knight on Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:32 pm

I remeber once when I was watching "Angel" (Buffy spin-off) and it was close to the end of the series and one episode Spike and Angel are in this car that they had stolen from Wolfrem and Hart and Angel was talking about the car's vunctions and Spike is like this car is nothing like Kitt, and Angel looks at him all wierd and he goes yo know, Knight Rider, Kitt that talking car, you have been around 3000 years and you don't know Knight Rider?!! :twisted: I was so cool and totally made my night and I was a Spike fan for live :D
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:58 pm

The movie "Half Baked" with David Chappell features "Knight Rider" on a TV (they had the opening intro in the film).

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:04 pm

"One man can make a difference."

Daredevil, 2003

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:38 pm

Well, TV - not movie...

Boy meets world:

I remember one of the lockers having pictures of T/As taped to the inside of the door. I could not make out if it was KITT or just pics of a black T/A. Well, it was fitting for the show all the same :wink:

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:56 pm

beavis and butthead were talking about mcgyver vs kitt in an episode once. i have it on tape.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:52 am

didn't spike mention kr in one other episode too? either of buffy or of angel? i can't remember the scene ur talking about but i can remember him mentioning it, you see.

and let's not forget all those episodes of the simpsons ;)

and the films "superman" and "the car" which ripped off scenes from season one of knight rider *cough* *cough* :P
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:28 am

I remember seeing that episode, Skav! Stuart and his friends were talking about if Michael could win because of his car or something. By the way I meant this thread to also apply to TV shows as well. Sorry, bad phrasing on my part.

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:17 pm

Hey, how about "Mystery Science Theater 3000"?

It's the one about the really bad movie with some kind of spy girls or something (I don't remember the title), but at one point in the really bad film, the girls were sitting inside of this weird-looking van. You see this black van from the outside, and one of the MST3K commentators says "Oh, look! Knight Rider!!"
Just my two cents-worth.
If you don't make a difference, you are not the Knight Rider.

trooper TK-WHA??
Rookie

Post by trooper TK-WHA?? » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:38 pm

Well,I saw Blade:Trinity and at one point when Blade joins up with the Nightstalkers,he's in an SUV with Ryan Reynolds and Jennifer Biel(yowza!!).Reynolds explains to Blade that she likes to listen to her ipod during a hunt;sort of a personal soundtrack.Then he says"Me,I'm more of a David Hasslehoff fan."and Blade just stares at him.
If only I had a nickel for every time someone cut me off on the parkway and wished for a Turbo-Boost or Micro-jammer...

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:01 pm

There's also another movie Knight Rider is featured in: "Mr. Baseball", Tom Selleck's character watches a Japanese dubbed episode of "Knight Rider". Ironically, Tom Selleck also played with William Daniels in "Her Alibi".

AtariKnight
Operative

Post by AtariKnight » Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:29 am

Futurama

In one episode, Bender says something like, "KITT's winscreen wipers were evil, It's a little known fact"

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:51 am

phil, "the car" didn't rip off kr...it was the other way round...remember, the ep borrowed stock footage from the film. ;)
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:10 am

Skav wrote:phil, "the car" didn't rip off kr...it was the other way round...remember, the ep borrowed stock footage from the film. ;)
Errr, I think he was kidding when he made those remarks...or weren't you Knightendo? :roll:

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:14 pm

HondaSiR wrote:
Skav wrote:phil, "the car" didn't rip off kr...it was the other way round...remember, the ep borrowed stock footage from the film. ;)
Errr, I think he was kidding when he made those remarks...or weren't you Knightendo? :roll:
lol, of course! :D
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:21 am

I remember on a old episode of Seaquest DSV,i think there was a shot if KITTs dash on one of the computer panels or something...im pretty sure that you guys have heard about that before right...

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:47 am

I've seen that....it was a while ago but I'm pretty sure I saw it reading someone's bio off of the Knight Registries site who had their replica electronics featured on Sea Quest DSV. It was a replica of the 3rd/4th season dashboard electronics shown as one of the control consoles for the submarine. Cool stuff.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:25 am

They had a really funny thing about KITT and Michael on VH1, behind the music that sucks. KITT also was a special guest on the Nick and Jessica show. Also Celebrity deathmatch had KITT as a Dunebuggy from the beach, looked wierd!

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:17 pm

MIKEMAC wrote:I remeber once when I was watching "Angel" (Buffy spin-off) and it was close to the end of the series and one episode Spike and Angel are in this car that they had stolen from Wolfrem and Hart and Angel was talking about the car's vunctions and Spike is like this car is nothing like Kitt, and Angel looks at him all wierd and he goes yo know, Knight Rider, Kitt that talking car, you have been around 3000 years and you don't know Knight Rider?!! :twisted: I was so cool and totally made my night and I was a Spike fan for live :D
Which season & episode of "Angel" had the Knight Rider reference?

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:34 am

I was listening to the country music station (yes, I *know*) and there was a song called 1970 something where the fellow talks about the 70's and 80's....well part of the 80's bit went thus:

It was 1980-something
In the world that I grew up in
Skating rinks and Black Trans Ams
Big hair and parachute pants
Lookin' back now I can see me
And oh man, did I look cheesy
But I wouldn't trade those days for nothin'
Aww, It was 1980-something

8)

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:00 pm

walter h. anderson wrote:
MIKEMAC wrote:I remeber once when I was watching "Angel" (Buffy spin-off) and it was close to the end of the series and one episode Spike and Angel are in this car that they had stolen from Wolfrem and Hart and Angel was talking about the car's vunctions and Spike is like this car is nothing like Kitt, and Angel looks at him all wierd and he goes yo know, Knight Rider, Kitt that talking car, you have been around 3000 years and you don't know Knight Rider?!! :twisted: I was so cool and totally made my night and I was a Spike fan for live :D
Which season & episode of "Angel" had the Knight Rider reference?

It was the last season of Angel and towards the middle of the season before they turned on Wolfrom and Hart. They were taking a Wolfrom and Hart vehicle and it was high tech car and that's when Spike was talking about Kitt. It was so cool
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:50 pm

I think that's a way of giving credit to something that had the idea that's being borrowed originally. They probably thought, "Hey, this is an awful lot like Knight Rider so we better give them credit so it doesn't look like we're stealing their idea." I've noticed in other series or movies when something utilizes an old idea, a reference is made of whatever originally had the idea. The same idea as taking a quote and having to give credit to the original person that said it.

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:48 pm

MIKEMAC wrote:
It was the last season of Angel and towards the middle of the season before they turned on Wolfrom and Hart. They were taking a Wolfrom and Hart vehicle and it was high tech car and that's when Spike was talking about Kitt. It was so cool
The episode is from Season 5 -- It's called Underneath.

I wish I knew which Buffy episode it was that had a reference to it though.

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:22 am

knightshade wrote:
MIKEMAC wrote:
The episode is from Season 5 -- It's called Underneath.

I wish I knew which Buffy episode it was that had a reference to it though.
Thanks. They have some Angel episodes here at the library, so I'll be able to find it here.

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:48 pm

Oh yeah. I almost forgot.

There's an episode of "Diff'rent Strokes" that guest-starred David Hasselhoff and KITT.
The episode is basically centered around Gary Coleman & friend wanting to get David Hasselhoff's autograph, so they somehow get into a car that was about to be destroyed during filming an episode of Knight Rider.
Yes, David Hasselhoff saves them and happily gives his autograph.
Yes, David does tell KITT to shut up, also.