Most Shocking KR Moment

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Most Shocking KR Moment

Michael being shot by Durante's men (The Scent of Roses)
17%
KARR ramming the Semi (KITT vs. KARR)
7%
KITT and KARR's near collision (Trust Doesn't Rust)
4%
Devon's death (Knight Rider 2000)
49%
Michael Long being shot by Tanya Walker (Knight of the Phoenix)
6%
Wilton Knight's death (Knight of the Phoenix)
No votes
KITT and Golliath colliding (Golliath)
17%

Total votes: 71

Chief Oddball
Recruit

Re: Most Shocking KR Moment

Post by Chief Oddball » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:13 am

I'd have voted for KITT getting acid-dipped in "Junkyard Dog" if it had been on the poll -- as a kid, when I first saw it, was literally haunted by the scene where the car sank into the muck while screaming for help. (Of course now I just giggle, because it's so obviously a scale model!) Worse yet, when they rebuilt KITT, he just wasn't...right. It was the first time it seemed like KITT was more than a machine, more than the sum of his parts and not truly replaceable or replicable. By comparison, it seemed like cake to put KITT back together in "Knight of the Drones" or "Knight of the Juggernaut," and those times you just knew he was gonna be all right.

In the end, though, given the choices, I voted for Devon's death. I watched Knight Rider 2000 live as it aired and I cried during that whole scene (of course, I was...what? 11 years old?). Not only did they kill Devon -- the only aspect of that movie that seemed "true" to the original series -- but they did it after a tearjerking montage of footage from the original series. "To our future," said Michael in the flashback, "no matter who it may take us up against...or where." SOB! What was worse was that it was the only footage of the original show that they used in that whole movie, with the exception of that all-too-brief shot of classic KITT driving by in the opening credits.

I still try to forget that KR2000 ever happened.

ozikool
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by ozikool » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:06 am

Victor Kros wrote:Stevie getting shot and killed on her wedding day in The Scent of Roses was more shocking to me and more emotional too. It remains my #1 most shocking and emotionally attached moment in the original Knight Rider series. Devon dying in Knight Rider 2000 wasn't as impactful because I never saw KR2000 as a believable continuation of the original series when it first came on.

I would say #2 was K.I.T.T. losing to Goliath.

=VK=
:dash:
Oh yeah that episode was super shocking and sad.I went mad. :( :x :evil:
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ozikool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [fans only]
Save Knight Rider: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:27 am

Victor Kros wrote:Stevie getting shot and killed on her wedding day in The Scent of Roses was more shocking to me and more emotional too. It remains my #1 most shocking and emotionally attached moment in the original Knight Rider series. Devon dying in Knight Rider 2000 wasn't as impactful because I never saw KR2000 as a believable continuation of the original series when it first came on.

=VK=
Completely agree. I only saw 'The Scent of Roses' for the first time about five years ago, and that was after missing it as a child (or not remembering it) and then missing it every single time it was repeated on Bravo here (the channel streamed KR daily for about seven years non-stop once a day in the 90's and early 00's) and when I finally got to see it - WoW! :shock:

But I do remember jumping as a kid when KITT got hit by Goliath. It was split into two parts by ITV back then, so the shock was heightened even more with the "To Be Continued" that appeared at the bottom of the screen!
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:01 am

knightendo77 wrote:

=VK=
Completely agree. I only saw 'The Scent of Roses' for the first time about five years ago, and that was after missing it as a child (or not remembering it) and then missing it every single time it was repeated on Bravo here (the channel streamed KR daily for about seven years non-stop once a day in the 90's and early 00's) and when I finally got to see it - WoW! :shock:

But I do remember jumping as a kid when KITT got hit by Goliath. It was split into two parts by ITV back then, so the shock was heightened even more with the "To Be Continued" that appeared at the bottom of the screen!
Same here.
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ozikool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [fans only]
Save Knight Rider: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

focus709
Rookie

Post by focus709 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:26 pm

I'd have also voted for "Junk Yard Dog". Seeing KITT pulled out of the acid pit, I still choke back tears. And I'm 36!!! :?
"A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree." Spike Milligan 1918-2002

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:55 pm

=VK=
i would be inclined to agree with nick.. stevie taking the bullet for michael is a lot more shocking then when michael got shot in the beginning of the episode.

though i did vote for devon dying in KR2K, because the first time i saw it was just dumbfounded in disbelief of him dying on that hospital table. still gets to me.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:31 pm

I'll go along with Stevie's shooting as one of the most shocking moments. However, a TV Guide clip hinted that it was going to be a very short marriage for Michael, so when the episode started I didn't expect her to make it through the hour alive. (Was definitely surprising to see her gunned down at the altar though; didn't see that coming.)

But for pure "shock value" I still have to go with Goliath ramming KITT. The shock came when they aired the first commercial for Goliath and I couldn't believe my eyes: KITT... damaged?! It was unheard of. So that commercial shocked me.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:45 pm

[/quote]though i did vote for devon dying in KR2K, because the first time i saw it was just dumbfounded in disbelief of him dying on that hospital table. still gets to me.[/quote]

I voted for that one, too. Thinking back about watching KR2K, I was totally shocked. I couldn't believe they killed Devon. I think I went into denial about it for a while, too. That's how shocked I was. :kitt2:
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

kody
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by kody » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:05 pm

I think that Knight of the Juggernaut, should have been the last episode, just leave it where kitt got destroyed :kitt2:

Making_Waves_of_my_Own
Recruit

Post by Making_Waves_of_my_Own » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:50 pm

I would have to say that it was Michael in front of a firing squad in a Season 4 episode. I was 14 years old and watching the original airing on NBC.

Michael would be shot and fall to the ground sideways, and then the commercials would come on.

That was among the most genuinely shocking KR moments, at least for me. Kill off the main character? :shock:

I sat there literally stunned (at what I just saw) until the commercials ended, as my mind was reeling at the moment, and I was so impatient to wait so I can see how they resolved that "killing." Questions were replaying in my mind: Who would drive KITT? Would I sympathize with Devon's reaction to Michael's death? What does this killing mean for the Knight Foundation? Never occurred to me that the bullets would intentionally be fake in the episode itself.

I'm surprised that this scene is not in the poll. A harsh one to me.

knightfire
Stranger

Post by knightfire » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:26 am

(Hi Guys I m new here)

i think the most shoking Knight Rider moment for me is: stevie's death in the scent of roses:(

necrophilissimo
Rookie

Post by necrophilissimo » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:08 am

Episode 'Soul Survivor' was pretty shocking when I first saw it; The idea of stealing one's body and leaving his 'brain' in a dumbster gave me chills. Despite the 80s hacker-stereotype-cheesiness, it was pretty inventive episode.
TAGAP: The Apocalyptic Game About Penguins - Join the penguin apocalypse!

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:53 am

Shocking? Only Devon's death. Stevie's death also had some impact on me, but the way it was set up, I kind of saw it coming.

happy71177
Volunteer

Post by happy71177 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:07 am

We are all missing a shocking moment NOT on the poll::

KITT getting smashed up from the battering ram in Juggernaut....and Michael getting mangled as well.

::Jon::
Recruit

Post by ::Jon:: » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:17 am

Goliath damaging an indestructible KITT.
Devon actually dying (I always thought main characters could survive gunshot wounds).

But the biggest shocker moment, was watching KI3T transform into a truck in the 1st episode last year.

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:40 pm

Killing off Devon-That was not just shocking, but, I kept asking "Why?". I know that KR2K was not going to have Michael in it, but they could've have Devon retire!! :shock: :shock:

LCBenson
Recruit

Post by LCBenson » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:43 pm

At the moment, I'm 13, but I did watch Knight Rider every time it was on when I was little. I'm still one of Knight Rider's BIGGEST FANS, though. I'm almost positive I've seen all the episodes, but just can't remember some of them. Because after all, that was five or six years ago! ANYWAY, the most shocking moment to me in seasosn one and two, was in Trust Doesn't Rust. I never thought there would be another car like KITT, but I was wrong. That's one of my favorite episodes as well. But out of the choices, I voted Devin dieing. :kitt2:
If I am destroyed, so shall you be.