Requesting some help with the KITT scanner.

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

sebhaque
Volunteer

Requesting some help with the KITT scanner.

Post by sebhaque » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:00 pm

Hey folks. I have a 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi, and I'd love to get the original KITT scanner put into the bonnet scoop.

I was thinking about getting a kit off eBay although I'm not sure about the longevity of these, and they probably wouldn't fit the scoop anyway (as the car will still need some air going in, lol).

Anybody know if someone's made one already? I'll provide some dimensions of the scoop and pics if necessary tomorrow, although if I'm late back from my business trip it'll be Friday.

Thanks for any help!

Avenger95
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Requesting some help with the KITT scanner.

Post by Avenger95 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:04 am

Depends on the type/style of scanner youre wanting. The KI2T or KI3T? If anything, go for the LED strips that are sold on Ebay.

Push comes to shove, you could install the lights on the grill.
...... []Knight Avenger Guardian Enforcer[] ......

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:00 am

due to the fact that under the scoop is your motor intercooler...i wouldn't recomend the installation of a scanner in that particular place!epsecially in the summer months!your car will lack of power!

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:58 pm

stelios_z28 wrote:due to the fact that under the scoop is your motor intercooler...i wouldn't recomend the installation of a scanner in that particular place!epsecially in the summer months!your car will lack of power!
I agree.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:29 pm

tamatt27 wrote:
stelios_z28 wrote:due to the fact that under the scoop is your motor intercooler...i wouldn't recomend the installation of a scanner in that particular place!epsecially in the summer months!your car will lack of power!
I agree.
I agree as well.
Not sure what size would really fit tell ya the truth. I would remove that car emblem and fit a scanner in the grill if I were you. A JCW scanner is flat enough to do that. Having the scanner in the air intake part of the hood looks odd. WAY too far up. Let us know how it goes.
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

sebhaque
Volunteer

Post by sebhaque » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:53 pm

Thanks for the responses. I was going for a KI2T look, but yeah I agree it was pretty high up. Plus it probably wouldn't do the i/c any good... and the water spray would just complicate things.

The grille sounds interesting though. I'll have to investigate that.

EDIT: typo.