Knight Rider Replica Nissan

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Replica Nissan

Post by Josch Schulz » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:06 am

Hey Guys

This is a Guy near us, he made a KITT Replica from a Nissan, thats something else :shock:

http://www.meinknightrider.de/html/habe_fertig.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Josch
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

Bandit1
Operative

Re: Knight Rider Replica Nissan

Post by Bandit1 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:10 am

OMG that thing looks so terrible :roll:

better buy a firebird and make it right. this one dont look good.
Sorry for bad laguage,i´m still learning english!

GREETINGS FROM GERMANY

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:53 pm

OMG its a Silvia or as we call it a Nissan 240sx over here in USA,but they call it a Silvia in Japan.They are the perfect Drift cars.I think its kinda cool :)
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:02 pm

I dont like the look of it but I do appreciate the work that must have gone into creating the replica. It's definately different, I'll give it that! :good:

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:45 pm

weeezl wrote:I dont like the look of it but I do appreciate the work that must have gone into creating the replica. It's definately different, I'll give it that! :good:
What he said!
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:12 am

that is very nice,
in glen larson we trust.

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:27 am

LOL!!!!....THIS IS SO CRAZY....AND I AM SAYING THAT CAUSE HERE IN GREECE A GUY BOUGHT A 1991 FIREBIRD ONLY TO PAINT IT ORANGE AND MAKE IT ALL IN DRIFT LOOK!!MANY PEOPLE CONFUSE IT WITH A 240SX!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH

Ttaskmaster
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Ttaskmaster » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:37 am

Nicely done!!!

Not everyone can afford the time, money, effort and resources to get a 100% screen accurate version of KITT, so I think this guy has done very well with what he has!!

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:55 pm

^My thoughts exactly :)

manaras
Volunteer

Post by manaras » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:12 pm

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo :shock:

Bandit1
Operative

Post by Bandit1 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:17 pm

manaras wrote:noooooooooooooooooooooooooo :shock:
amen :D
I dont like the look of it but I do appreciate the work that must have gone into creating the replica. It's definately different, I'll give it that!
thats what i mean :good:
Sorry for bad laguage,i´m still learning english!

GREETINGS FROM GERMANY

TheShadowyFlight
Recruit

Post by TheShadowyFlight » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:21 pm

I think it looks pretty good. I like that it was done all the way. He's got the dash, the outside, and the interior looking really good. I like seeing a little variety here and there. He should work a few custom designs into the car to really make it his own though.

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by krrdr2010 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:16 pm

I didn't like it(Nice effort, though). KITT, KI3T, and all the other KR Vehicles are American Cars-LETS KEEP IT THAT WAY!!! :kitt: :kittside: :kittconv: :karr: :kitt2: :dash: :dash4:

TURBOBOOST27
Rookie

Post by TURBOBOOST27 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:52 pm

very goog work, looks great!
Dayne Rampersad

ShadowKnight006
Recruit

Post by ShadowKnight006 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:47 pm

Slade wrote:OMG its a Silvia or as we call it a Nissan 240sx over here in USA,but they call it a Silvia in Japan.They are the perfect Drift cars.I think its kinda cool :)
Actually in Japan that would be a 180sx. The Silvia did not have the popup lights and had the rear body that is the 240sx coupe here in the US. A 180sx has the popup lights and the rear of what we call the 240sx hatchback.

Sorry, I have owned 5 of these over the years LOL.

I think this replica is awesome, I had thought the s13 (89-94 240sx) hatch resembles the trans am/firebird for a long time. Glad to see someone did it.
Looking for TKR!

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:59 pm

krrdr2010 wrote:I didn't like it(Nice effort, though). KITT, KI3T, and all the other KR Vehicles are American Cars-LETS KEEP IT THAT WAY!!! :kitt: :kittside: :kittconv: :karr: :kitt2: :dash: :dash4:
The only american made car that embodies anything close to what KITT would look like style wise is a Corvette. Sorry, but the Camaro and Challenger are too chunky, and retro (i.e. 60's & 70's, not an iota of 80's or 90's). The 2010 Mustang, while not as chunky, and especially after KR 08, could work, but the shape is simply not there.

Fans have to get off the American made horse. Other cars could be KITT. The RX-8 comes to mind. That new Toyota/Subaru sports car (I'm not mentioning any European supercars, because a Bugatti or other 6 digit $ cars simply would be overkill). The key thing that makes KITT believable is the personality of the character. What KITT is...the most advanced car ever developed. the Protector of Michael Knight. The coming of understanding of what he is, what his role is, and what he can do. KITT doesn't need weapons. He may be destructive, but still calculates (thinks? cares?) if what he can do would endanger human lives. If the risk is too great, he simply won't do it. It'll piss Michael off, but eventually (during the course of the movie) he will come to understand why KITT didn't do that type of act.

So ultimately, it's really not about a car; It's the character. My thought is that you have to create KITT. It can't be a stock production car off the showroom with some differences in front and rear fascias, and of course a technologically tour de triumph for the dashboard. Once you get in, it's like, "but of course, this isn't an ordinary car!". It's gotta be something that makes you look at it a few hundred times, scratching your head, wondering just What the Heck this thing is??? it's gotta look simular to other cars...that's KITT's secret. From the outside, a nondescript sports car. But it can do everything and then some, while still in it's shape. That part of the ingredient list was left off in KR 08, and there's other threads that have beat that to death. KITT shouldn't need SPM, or any other mode, simply because he has those abilities built in.

...and yes, we need to see an actual KITT turbo boost and fly. And land. and keep it's shape, so there's no damage. That's where CGI comes in. Make a frame car to do the jump, with Motion Capture points. Have the CGI artists draw the vehicle around the jump car. Have the EFX guys figure ways to make things break apart when the wire frame real car jumps thru them. But an audience can tell when something's just not real. There's no physical motion, inertia, etc, that a CGI car chase makes real. It's gotta be the best of both worlds. If there is a KR movie, I want to see real car action. I want something on par with the great movie chases. A reason why there's a chase. A beginning, a middle and conclusion. Seeing KITT's special abilities really making a difference (i.e. no EDGE keeping up with KITT).

That's why I think it's great that there's a Non-TA KITT somewhere that could embody the essence of KITT.

Sorry to rant, but I really want to see a KR movie done right. There's no reason why it couldn't be a successful tentpole franchise. You get back to the basics, and do it right. Don't do it sloppy, or else people will know it was done to cash in. People will come to see the cars, the action, the adventure, and the icing is the relationship that will develop between man and machine. One man can and will make a difference. Let's just hope it's sooner than later. :good:

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:38 am

Ttaskmaster wrote:Nicely done!!!

Not everyone can afford the time, money, effort and resources to get a 100% screen accurate version of KITT, so I think this guy has done very well with what he has!!
believe me this guy spent more money for that car than to have a trans am!!

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:24 pm

ShadowKnight006 wrote:
Actually in Japan that would be a 180sx. The Silvia did not have the popup lights and had the rear body that is the 240sx coupe here in the US. A 180sx has the popup lights and the rear of what we call the 240sx hatchback.

Sorry, I have owned 5 of these over the years LOL.

I think this replica is awesome, I had thought the s13 (89-94 240sx) hatch resembles the trans am/firebird for a long time. Glad to see someone did it.
Ooops my bad,yeah everytime I see a 240sx over here my drifting buddies call it a Silvia,heck Ive even seen some 240sx that have Silvia written on the back.No worries man,thanks for correcting me.I tried getting into the drifting thing a while ago,still do occasionally :)

ShadowKnight006
Recruit

Post by ShadowKnight006 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:17 pm

Slade wrote: Ooops my bad,yeah everytime I see a 240sx over here my drifting buddies call it a Silvia,heck Ive even seen some 240sx that have Silvia written on the back.No worries man,thanks for correcting me.I tried getting into the drifting thing a while ago,still do occasionally :)
Yea some 240's, 1995 and up (aka s14) are pretty much the same in appearance. It would get too lengthy to explain it all here lol, check out http://www.nicoclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; sometime .
Looking for TKR!

ULTRASUBS
Volunteer

Post by ULTRASUBS » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:29 am

BOYS AND GIRLS !!!!!!!!!!!!
The IRONIC thing is that originally KITT was going to be a 300 ZX !!!!!!!
Until the third generation Trans Am was seen the original plan was to use a NISSAN !!!!!!!!!

I guess thank GOD for all of us that they went with the third gen F-body............... I don't think if they used a Camaro that it would have been the same.

Sometimes the "PERFECT" combination is the right place at the right time !!!
They pulled cars off the pre-production line to make this happen, that is why the FIRST cars had no Vin # and were assigned Vin's from the studio.

I AM AN IDIOT when it comes to posting pictures so I need a volunteer to help out for me for me to Email pictures to post.
TRUST ME.......... this will be a special treat to see the original cars during building and during filming.
again, for those that don't remember, I own the Bench Warmers KITT and he is restored to his "as used in series" condition.

I did make a few modifications like a 500 horsepower 383 stroker and such.......... what good is KITT without the ability to at least do 1/2 of what performance they showed on TV LOL...............

I'm just PRAYING AND WAITING for the day that some Magazine want to do battle of the TV Cars, KITT will STOMP.
PLEASE, somebody help me out so we all can enjoy some GREAT pictures.

Thanks,

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:51 pm

Wow I had no idea he was goinga to be a 300zx :o

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:41 am

ULTRASUBS wrote:BOYS AND GIRLS !!!!!!!!!!!!
The IRONIC thing is that originally KITT was going to be a 300 ZX !!!!!!!
Until the third generation Trans Am was seen the original plan was to use a NISSAN !!!!!!!!!

I guess thank GOD for all of us that they went with the third gen F-body............... I don't think if they used a Camaro that it would have been the same.

Sometimes the "PERFECT" combination is the right place at the right time !!!
They pulled cars off the pre-production line to make this happen, that is why the FIRST cars had no Vin # and were assigned Vin's from the studio.

I AM AN IDIOT when it comes to posting pictures so I need a volunteer to help out for me for me to Email pictures to post.
TRUST ME.......... this will be a special treat to see the original cars during building and during filming.
again, for those that don't remember, I own the Bench Warmers KITT and he is restored to his "as used in series" condition.

I did make a few modifications like a 500 horsepower 383 stroker and such.......... what good is KITT without the ability to at least do 1/2 of what performance they showed on TV LOL...............

I'm just PRAYING AND WAITING for the day that some Magazine want to do battle of the TV Cars, KITT will STOMP.
PLEASE, somebody help me out so we all can enjoy some GREAT pictures.

Thanks,
actually it was suppose to be the 280zx because the 300zx didn't come out until 1984, knight rider started in 1982
in glen larson we trust.

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:23 am

actually is was going to be a datsun 240z to be more excact!in other words..the car that lony drove before michael long shot in the face in the knight of the phoenix episode!

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:34 pm

Learn something new every day :)

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:55 pm

I had heard about the original car was to be a 240 zx. I've also heard that when GM got involved, the car was to be a corvette, but a shipment of Trans-Ams was damaged in shipping and were offered to NBC at a discount or something like that.