One weekend, two KR events

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

One weekend, two KR events

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:00 pm

Two Knight Rider-related events are happening this weekend. In Las Vegas, Paul Casey (Knight Rider Festival organizer) is putting on a "Las Vegas Car Stars" show with many Hollywood cars on display. Catherine Hickland will be there with her very own KITT replica! (it's still getting the final touches, but it should be ready.) The show is Friday and Saturday.

http://lasvegascarstars.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For people in the southern California area, Stu Phillips will be honored in "The Music of Stu Phillips" with the Golden State Pops Orchestra. The concert will feature music from Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers, and of course Knight Rider. There will be a Q&A session before the show.

The concert is Saturday night in San Pedro.

http://www.gspo.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Re: One weekend, two KR events

Post by Slade » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:05 pm

I saw a picture of Bumblebee...will he be there too? :?:
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:19 pm

Yes, that is a Bumblebee inspired Camaro! There is a list of all the cars on the car stars site.

Catherine Hickland is appearing there and brought her new KITT replica. She's updating her twitter with videos, so probably a good thing to check out: http://twitter.com/cathickland" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If anyone goes to either event, please report back on how it went!

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:42 am

OMG! I picked the wrong weekend to go to Vegas...
I was there last weekend... *eyeroll*
DARN!
Darn!
Darn!
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:49 pm

So is BB there or not?I dont see him listed for the event...
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

shrtcrt
Volunteer

Post by shrtcrt » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:28 pm

The event was cool. Catherine Hickland was very nice. I will post my picture when my girlfriend sends it to me. If you get a chance to meet her, do it! She still looks great! I was standing at the table to get an autograph, and she needed someone to take a picture for her. She hands me her iPhone and asks me if I can. That was very cool and trusting.

Glad I live in Vegas!

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by krrdr2010 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:02 pm

I am so Jealous of Las Vegas and OC-They get KR and LasVegasCarStars events, and Tucson gets some of the LAMEST car shows around!! Would you ever consider moving one of these events to Tucson, or making it a traveling show around the country? :?:

mykittcar
Rookie

Post by mykittcar » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:59 pm

Hello :D

I been away for a while .

I am tired of hearing that they do Knight Rider shows always in Las Vegas or California somewhere .Where i live in Florida and they never do shows on the east coast .It sucks for fans that live on the east coast and they don't think of us and do showS over here for a change other than us traveling all the time over there it isn't fair for us .they got to change it and be fair for all .There are plenty of states and place to do it over here on this side of the USA .It isn't right and not fair .And a lot of people in the times and they way the economy is they don't have the cash to fly or drive those long distances to go to the west cost all the time for shows .I hope people can see where I am coming from.NOT EVERYTHING HAS TO BE ON THE WEST COAST ALL THE TIME PEOPLE :(

kitt2k
Operative

Post by kitt2k » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:49 pm

mykittcar wrote:Hello :D

I been away for a while .

I am tired of hearing that they do Knight Rider shows always in Las Vegas or California somewhere .Where i live in Florida and they never do shows on the east coast .It sucks for fans that live on the east coast and they don't think of us and do showS over here for a change other than us traveling all the time over there it isn't fair for us .they got to change it and be fair for all .There are plenty of states and place to do it over here on this side of the USA .It isn't right and not fair .And a lot of people in the times and they way the economy is they don't have the cash to fly or drive those long distances to go to the west cost all the time for shows .I hope people can see where I am coming from.NOT EVERYTHING HAS TO BE ON THE WEST COAST ALL THE TIME PEOPLE :(
So if you want a Florida show, put one together, it can be done. I think Florida has one of the largest populations of KITT replicas of any state, so that takes care of one of the biggest hurdles of doing a Knight Rider show. Find a venue, invite a few KITT replicas, and you have a Florida Knight Rider event!

mykittcar
Rookie

Post by mykittcar » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:03 pm

I would like to but it take money and man power and to have insurance and to pay for locations and so forth to do witch i don't have that but these big shows has that and always in Vegas and California dont they want to venture out and try different places for fans that don't have the money to travel that is what you don't get . and i don't know why they don't go to other places and be fair to the people on the east coast .

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:15 pm

mykittcar:

There have been Knight Rider events in Ohio, Georgia, New York and yes, even Florida. (The University of Central Florida had a big Knight Rider fandom for a while.) There have been events - big and small - all over the country. In fact, considering that Universal Studios and everyone who worked on the shows are based in Los Angeles, it's a little surprising that the west coast has only started having larger KR events fairly recently.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:57 pm

Very cool, "Stephanie Mason" with her own KITT :) It looks like the 4th season version with the smooth nose & 1tv dash, like KITT in Scent of Roses episode.
It's really great to see videos like this from these KR events for us who have no way to go there in person, big thanks to anyone who film and share them :)