Knight Rider seson 2

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

Locked
User avatar
Jay_n1
Operative
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 3:03 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Contact:

Knight Rider seson 2

Post by Jay_n1 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:50 am

Say has Knight Rider had been renewed or had it been canned?

User avatar
3rings
Recruit
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Springfield, Illinois

Re: Sorry, it's over!!!

Post by 3rings » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:29 am

Sadly to say, the 2008 series is over. What we can hopefully look forward to is the feature film that I pray will happen in 2012 or sooner. :kitt: :good:

User avatar
Jay_n1
Operative
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 3:03 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Contact:

Re: Knight Rider seson 2

Post by Jay_n1 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:38 pm

Really that's a shame I really hope it'll return, say when did they made theanniouncment it won't be renewed..

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:36 pm
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Knight Rider seson 2

Post by krrdr2010 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:23 pm

While I am saddened NBC won't give it another chance, There is always the possibility of SYFY, USA, or Syndication could pick it up-It worked for Baywatch!!! :kitt: :D :D :D

User avatar
MR2NR
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 366
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:04 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: SW Missouri
Contact:

Re: Knight Rider seson 2

Post by MR2NR » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:47 pm

Jay_n1 wrote:Really that's a shame I really hope it'll return, say when did they made theanniouncment it won't be renewed..


That's where NBC fails also. No balls to say it's canceled when they knew they ruined it with a poor director and poor promotion. But very few series have skipped a year and KR08 was on by this time last year. But I'm sure KR isn't completely dead as a series might just have to wait another 10 years for it :). The interest for KITT is out there if they can just avoid a ricey powered director and not bring it out on an election year followed by a recession :roll:
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

User avatar
WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:00 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: WI

Re: Knight Rider seson 2

Post by WIBoomer1 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:27 am

MR2NR wrote:
Jay_n1 wrote:Really that's a shame I really hope it'll return, say when did they made theanniouncment it won't be renewed..


That's where NBC fails also. No balls to say it's canceled when they knew they ruined it with a poor director and poor promotion. But very few series have skipped a year and KR08 was on by this time last year. But I'm sure KR isn't completely dead as a series might just have to wait another 10 years for it :). The interest for KITT is out there if they can just avoid a ricey powered director and not bring it out on an election year followed by a recession :roll:


By Director you mean showrunner/Executive Producer GST. And it's THIS incarnation of KR...It's not like Doctor Who, with 13 regenerations...although, if you were to liken KR to DW, then we've only got 8 to go... :)

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:36 pm
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Knight Rider seson 2

Post by krrdr2010 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:25 pm

I am saddened as welll that NBC doesn't have the guts to stick with a show, and instead go with steaming crud like Trauma(blech), Mercy(even worse blech), and the worst show of the year, the Jay Leno show. But, maybe someday, whether it be Syndication of SYFY, USA Network, or some other network, maybe somebody will give it another shot. :kitt: :karr: :D :)

davidknightrider
Rookie
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:35 am

Re: Knight Rider seson 2

Post by davidknightrider » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:50 pm

I still refuse to believe that the series has been cancelled and I'm still confident it will be back sooner rather than later.

the fact that its been sold around the world and has been getting massive ratings around the world proves that it is making money for the makers.

If the english show "Primeval", which costs £1 million a show to make can come back from the dead after being cancelled, then i'm sure Knight Rider, which has far more fans around the world can surely do the same.

Its not as though KR has not got any fans, quite the contrary, the new KR 08 has been wildly popular both in the UK, and in Europe, Asia.

Just on International sales of the series, I see no justification why the series is cancelled.
I believe it will come back.

maybe with less cast, and more of Justin and KITT.

kitt34
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 324
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:42 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Contact:

Re: Knight Rider seson 2

Post by kitt34 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:30 pm

krrdr2010 wrote:I am saddened as welll that NBC doesn't have the guts to stick with a show, and instead go with steaming crud like Trauma(blech), Mercy(even worse blech), and the worst show of the year, the Jay Leno show. But, maybe someday, whether it be Syndication of SYFY, USA Network, or some other network, maybe somebody will give it another shot. :kitt: :karr: :D :)



Because this new KR had even less of a plot and the characters are very shallow and some of a finest actors are wasted in this thing, even the car was terrible, I'm sorry but this franchise went downhill after the original and I Was not saddened that this new knight rider was cancelled, it was just terrible and I Hope this big screen version can undue the mistakes that the KR2000, KR2010, TKR and this one have done.

KR 2008 is no better than today's NBC Crap.

NBC has gone downhill and it's going out of business.

User avatar
WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:00 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: WI

Re: Knight Rider seson 2

Post by WIBoomer1 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:32 pm

davidknightrider wrote:If the english show "Primeval", which costs £1 million a show to make can come back from the dead after being cancelled, then i'm sure Knight Rider, which has far more fans around the world can surely do the same.


The main problem, quite frankly, is that NBC, along with CBS, ABC, and FOX, don't operate like other networks around the world. The show is given it's chance, and if there's something to be done with it, they do it before the towel is thrown in. If the show is big enough, ala LOST, then they can put the show away for a longer period. But in this case, they've never done what you are asking for. A previously cancelled show may go to another network, however, Knight Rider is owned lock stock and barrel by NBC Universal. The best chance we had is if it would have gone to SyFy.

The BBC has given a longer production time to its productions, with less amount of total shows, so that the end result is more polished, and the time period between series/seasons is longer. Now, HBO plays more like the BBC, ie The Sorpranos; the period between June 6, 2004 and March 12, 2006, 21 months in between seasons 5 and 6...but please put that into context...there was like over 9 million people watching that show, compared to our 2.3 or less, and that was at the end of it's popularity.

No offense, but comparing Primeval to Knight Rider is like a banana compared to a rotted apple, in this case. The currently shown numbers simply won't support it. I tried to find the European numbers, but there's not a lot to show. If someone can show NBC that there's 10 million people worldwide who want KR back, then by all means, I think they would have...

Kris Vpro
Stranger
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:07 pm
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Knight Rider seson 2

Post by Kris Vpro » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:59 pm

So what's about season 2?? It's gonna be or no?? Mayby somebody know something about results of Campagain?? About Singing on petition?? What do you thing, show has chance to come back on the TV?? When was a official cancellation?? I hope that using a campaing we can save a Knight Rider :) So let's do it :)

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: Knight Rider seson 2

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:13 pm

Kris Vpro wrote:So what's about season 2?? It's gonna be or no?? Mayby somebody know something about results of Campagain?? About Singing on petition?? What do you thing, show has chance to come back on the TV?? When was a official cancellation?? I hope that using a campaing we can save a Knight Rider :) So let's do it :)


The answer to a second season at this point is a resounding NO! All the cast at this point in time have moved on long since to other projects, films, TV shows etc. The best we can ever hope for if it picks up enough interest is a made for TV movie on SYFY at least 2 years or so from now but that's it. The show won't be coming back that is an absolute certainty.

User avatar
WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:00 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: WI

Re: Knight Rider seson 2

Post by WIBoomer1 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:12 am

Kris Vpro wrote:Mayby somebody know something about results of Campagain?? About Singing on petition??When was a official cancellation??


The main petition is a hundred and so less than 28000:

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html

There was never an official cancellation given by NBC.

User avatar
crashb648
Operative
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:08 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Knight Rider seson 2

Post by crashb648 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:40 am

WIBoomer1 wrote:There was never an official cancellation given by NBC.

Exactuly! There wasnt a statement saying: "knight rider is cancelled" the only thing NBC said was it wouldn't be shown on 2009/2010 time.

I still like my theory, that nbc have given knight rider a year break, so in a year the show will be getting more and more popular in Amercia and around the globe too, then more people are interested in the show coming back, espically since Knight rider was a big hit in other countries, like Germany.

Until NBC specifically say: knight rider is cancelled, then in my opionion, it hasnt! lol.

User avatar
WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:00 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: WI

Re: Knight Rider seson 2

Post by WIBoomer1 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:01 pm

crashb648 wrote:
WIBoomer1 wrote:There was never an official cancellation given by NBC.

Exactuly! There wasnt a statement saying: "knight rider is cancelled" the only thing NBC said was it wouldn't be shown on 2009/2010 time.

I still like my theory, that nbc have given knight rider a year break, so in a year the show will be getting more and more popular in Amercia and around the globe too, then more people are interested in the show coming back, espically since Knight rider was a big hit in other countries, like Germany.

Until NBC specifically say: knight rider is cancelled, then in my opionion, it hasnt! lol.


Are you also waiting for more episodes of Bionic Woman as well? I'm actually hoping that there's more Defying Gravity...but i know it's not coming back.

I think you need to look at the facts. If there was to be a KR 10, it's not going to be a direct traditional 2nd season. You'd see a completely different show, as all of the staff are no longer one unit.

think of it this way...is Caprica season 5 of BSG? in your train of thought, it is...

one could almost argue with this thinking that TNG was on the air for 18 years...

end of line

User avatar
Alex
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 926
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:57 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Portugal

Re: Knight Rider seson 2

Post by Alex » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:14 pm

I think the first season on the television series Knight Rider was canceled in 2008, because we are coming up later in the year 2009, and then when you arrive on January 1, 2010...you Knight Rider fans have to do all things to save the new second season in the television series Knight Rider 2010!

Alex.

User avatar
Aydann.
Rookie
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:56 pm
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Knight Rider seson 2

Post by Aydann. » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:15 pm

So that means theirs NO Season 2 Showing within the UK? :(
One man can make a difference, Michael.

Locked