Need some costuming help...

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Troglodad
Stranger

Need some costuming help...

Post by Troglodad » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:55 am

Gal in my Office is going to go as mechanic Bonnie (or April) for Halloween; she's going to find some old 80s clothes, a toolbelt and poof her hair up, 80s style. It was my idea, as she was wanting a cool scifi costume idea involving minimal costuming work. (My first choice for easy costume was to paint some green lizard skin patches on back of her hand, forehead and cheek, and tell everyone she was a Visitor. Despite being 44, she doesn't remember V, but does remember Knight Rider)

To really finish her out though, I want to photoshop her a FLAG ID card and grab some MP3's of William Daniels' voice to put on her phone, so she can cue comments from KITT as needed (I have a similar audio quote app of HAL 2000 on my G1 phone)

Can anyone point me to a site with Mp3 of William Daniels?

Can anyone point me to a scan of a FLAG Id card?

And finally, someone help me out here- who had bigger hair, April or Bonnie? As I recall (having only watched season 1 in recent years) Bonnie had longer hair, while April's was poofier.

Thanks a whole lot!

sheltonw3
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Need some costuming help...

Post by sheltonw3 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:24 am

well first off there is no web sites that contain William Daniels voice and secondly Bonnies hair was not always "poofy"!

if you want sound clips ,your best bet would be to record to your computers sound record and save them as mp3'S
but as far as hair goes ,just rent or buy the DVD's!...they are really super low priced on ubvay right now (Evil Ebay)!

when I wanted sound bytes I had to use sound recorder chips for my conversion and hold them up to a amplified speaker system and cue them up for each recording ,each only holds 20 seconds ,but the main problem is that they use a jumbo sized 9 volt batteries and its very hard to contain them in any kind of project box or be able to install more than 2 at a time!
"Really?....some people are simply just too much!"

TheShadowyFlight
Recruit

Post by TheShadowyFlight » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:25 am

first off there is no web sites that contain William Daniels voice
Ummm... that would be incorrect.

You can find some sound bites from the classic and new Knight Rider at the following sites...

http://www.entertonement.com/collection ... ight-Rider" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Lot/6045/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(not all of the links on this page work but there are still a ton that do.)

I hope this helps you out.

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by MR2NR » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:21 pm

She really doesn't have to have 80's clothes as white or gray coveralls would work also and make more of a impact :).

Next year she should know what V is :wink:

http://abc.go.com/shows/v" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2: