Anyone noticed this???

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kittfan666
Recruit

Anyone noticed this???

Post by kittfan666 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:45 am

Hi, i was just wondering if anyone has come across this on the Playback site.

http://www.universal-playback.com/news/ ... vd-release

It says on the second paragraph that KR08 was so successful that a second series has been commissioned.

I don't know if this has been covered before or not but could this be a glimmer of hope or do you think think that perhaps some of the episodes in season 1 were actually meant for season 2?

Tom
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Anyone noticed this???

Post by Tom » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:43 am

looks promising, but does anyone know how old the article is?
"Pain is temporary, but the pride lasts forever"

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by WIBoomer1 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 pm

since the article quotes a July 14th release, it must be before that date...but since we're here in September, and there's been anything else to the contrary, I'd have to say it was a mistake to say that there was a 2nd series (season) coming.

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:34 am

It is still weird to say the least. By that time in July the series was already pronounced "dead" by everyone, everyone but the people that produced and made it (read NBC-Universal). So, at the very least this is just confusing.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:18 am

This is odd. Universal-Playback is part of Universal Pictures UK - the about us link says:
Universal Playback is a division of Universal Pictures (UK) Limited (No.1975478) and Universal Pictures Productions Limited (No. 947098), UK companies registered in England and Wales at 80-110 New Oxford Street, London WC1A 1HB with registered VAT no. 832 6364 29, which are part of the NBU Universal group of companies.
The article clearly says that it "was so successful a second season has been commissioned." Could it be possible that KR08 was so popular in the UK that Universal has commissioned a second season as a mid-season replacement?
Bring Knight Rider back for Season 2!!

Tom
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Tom » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:28 am

Sure hope so, it's quite popular in Europe I believe and canning it before even watching the numbers overseas is quite stupid.
"Pain is temporary, but the pride lasts forever"

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:47 pm

I've seen nothing in media to support this, but I've thought that maybe Syfy or USA might run season 1 again this season to test the waters for doing a season 2. I know USA is ending MONK and that would open a possible time slot. It's a hope.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:02 pm

It's an old article but I'd love it to have some truth in it, just carry on in the style of the last few episodes. I haven't written KR-08 off yet...remember Viper came back in syndication for more seasons and KR has a lot bigger fanbase than Viper ever did.

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:42 am

Sure the article is from last July, but again... by that time the show was already dead? So this would be a weird mistake to make... especially from an affiliated company. I think this merits our scrutiny.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!