Ask William Daniels a question!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Ask William Daniels a question!

Post by neps » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:47 pm

Hey All!

Thanks to Navtones we've got a really unique experience to share. As you know, we've been working with them for some time promoting the first device, and now the release of the KITT voice on TomTom and Garmin. One of the things we at KRO wanted to do was to inteview to Mr. Daniels. Navtones thought this idea was great and together we have put together a way for the community to do the interview!

Visit:
http://knightrideronline.com/navtones/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The best 20 questions chosen by KRO and Navtones will be asked to Mr. Daniels as he records additional content for the device, which includes those missing names they've been collecting from the first release. We'll then post those on audio clips on a rolled out release, gearing up for the product itself to be available for download. The plan is to be able to hear Daniels answer the questions, without any text filter!

So please, spread the word! And get your questions in early! It is very rare for him to give interviews, and to have this type of personal access - well I can't express how amazing this opportunity is!

Neil

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Ask William Daniels a question!

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:08 pm

Awesome! I asked, "Was it a conscious choice to make K.I.T.T. evolve and become more human throughout the series, or did you simply become more comfortable in the role?"
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:25 pm

So this isn't a Q&A with him? It's us submitting questions for him to answer and be loaded onto the GPS device right?
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

stevefawcett
Operative

Post by stevefawcett » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:38 am

I did this for knight rider uk about 18 months ago ,he answered a few then

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:39 am

My questions is:
1. "Would you accept to play role for KITT one more time?"
2. "Has new Knight Rider staff ever contacted you to play the voice of the new KITT?"

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:59 am

Mine was :

David Hasselhoff was probably stopped a million times and called Michael Knight.During production of the show,did a fan ever call you kitt?

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:30 am

My question is: If a car anyone could use your voice again?

Alex.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:41 am

This is a Q&A with him. He will be asked the 20 best questions during a recording session in the future. The answers will be recorded to audio files that we'll share on the site, in an interactive format. So you wont be reading his answers, you'll be hearing them kinda thing.

The Q&A will not be part of the Navtones package that they will eventually sell. Though they are improving the amount of KITT banter in the device, vs what Mio's product had. Will the update be available for Mio? I'm not sure, but I doubt it.

EVKRWriter
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by EVKRWriter » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:25 pm

My question:

"I heard that you didn't meet David Hasslehoff and Patricia McPherson in-person until the third season. Is this true? And if so, did you initiate this meeting, or did they, or did it just...'happen'? "

Thanks! You're wonderful, Mr. Daniels!
~EV

KITT Happens!!!

KR Fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/~evryderwriter. My way of keeping Knight Rider alive and well.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:50 pm

My question:

Did you ever watch an episode of the new Knight Rider series and what were your thoughts?
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

MikeBKnight
Rookie

Post by MikeBKnight » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 pm

My questions would be:
1. Would you ever do the voice for KITT again, if it became a movie/series ??
2. When you are out in public and talk, do people look around, and start talking about KITT/knight rider ???

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:30 am

Make sure that you guys post these questions via that form, in addition to posting them here. It wont be entered into our system unless you enter here: http://knightrideronline.com/navtones" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:57 pm

I asked "What do you think about an animated Knight Rider series?"

I'm a big animation buff! :lol:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:16 am

Lost Knight wrote:Awesome! I asked, "Was it a conscious choice to make K.I.T.T. evolve and become more human throughout the series, or did you simply become more comfortable in the role?"
That's a great question, I hope its picked.

I asked, "Though you're pretty well-known as KITT's voice, you were actually SEEN on shows such as Boy Meets World and St. Elsewhere. Which of your roles are you most often approached for/have mentioned to you?" I wasn't sure of exactly how to word that... but I definitely hope he answers Lost Knight's.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:31 pm

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but what someone really needs to get across to Navtones is that after William Daniels has completed recording for the new GPS voice, his phrases should be "tweaked" by an expert sound technician to make his voice sound like it did originally in the 80s. ie. younger and more peppy. I currently own the Mio GPS and hearing William Daniels current, older and more "draggy" voice come out of it is very disappointing. I realize Mr. Daniels is older and as you get older your voice changes, however the technology is available to make this a reality. I think it would make the real KNIGHT RIDER fans happier and Navtones would sell more product. A win-win situation. I personally feel that if the new recordings sound like what I'm hearing from my Mio GPS, I'll just stay with what I've got. Just my 2 cents.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:26 am

kitt1 wrote:I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but what someone really needs to get across to Navtones is that after William Daniels has completed recording for the new GPS voice, his phrases should be "tweaked" by an expert sound technician to make his voice sound like it did originally in the 80s. ie. younger and more peppy. I currently own the Mio GPS and hearing William Daniels current, older and more "draggy" voice come out of it is very disappointing. I realize Mr. Daniels is older and as you get older your voice changes, however the technology is available to make this a reality. I think it would make the real KNIGHT RIDER fans happier and Navtones would sell more product. A win-win situation. I personally feel that if the new recordings sound like what I'm hearing from my Mio GPS, I'll just stay with what I've got. Just my 2 cents.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

Hey Mark, did you ever get my mod for the GPS that tweaked the pitch of Williams voice? If not hit me up on PM and I will hook you up. :good:
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:24 pm

kitt1 wrote:I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but what someone really needs to get across to Navtones is that after William Daniels has completed recording for the new GPS voice, his phrases should be "tweaked" by an expert sound technician to make his voice sound like it did originally in the 80s. ie. younger and more peppy. I currently own the Mio GPS and hearing William Daniels current, older and more "draggy" voice come out of it is very disappointing. I realize Mr. Daniels is older and as you get older your voice changes, however the technology is available to make this a reality. I think it would make the real KNIGHT RIDER fans happier and Navtones would sell more product. A win-win situation. I personally feel that if the new recordings sound like what I'm hearing from my Mio GPS, I'll just stay with what I've got. Just my 2 cents.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Maybe that's a sensitive issue and Mio/Navtones wouldn't want to be taken as indirectly insulting Mr. Daniels? I think they see it as more respectful to keep his voice exactly as it is now.

I think we should be grateful the man even considered reprising the role at all. A few years ago I would have never thought Mr. Daniels would be interested in doing any voice work as K.I.T.T. and that he parted with the character long ago. To not only have him do voice work for a G.P.S. but to also be willing to do a Q&A session is a wonderful thing he's doing for the fandom.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:29 am

Agree with your sentiments Lost Knight. Thanks to Navtones, KRO and William for making this happen. Its really cool that this is not just limited to the mio device either as they are not readily available outside of the UK.

Hope the TomTom voice update includes the iPhone. Just picked up the new iPhone and waiting for the TomTom car install unit.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:10 pm

Hey Neil do they have a proposed release date for KITT or David H.? Are they combining both voices in a KR package? Are they going to have David speak surfer lingo for the Baywatch fans :).
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

OKC KNIGHT
Operative

Post by OKC KNIGHT » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:18 am

Why did you have to go from KITT :D :good: !!! to Mr.Feeny :? :cry:
Specializing in 1982-1992 Firebird/Trans Am Parts since 2002 and the ONLY seller of High Quality KITT Taillight blackouts

My contact Dmcman108@yahoo.com