KITT on Conan well sort of...

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

nee716
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KITT on Conan well sort of...

Post by nee716 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:16 am

Since KR was taped on the same set as Conan they have incorporated the KR technology and made Gabriel: It can be seen on hulu here:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/83209/the-ton ... s-p1-st-i1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I couldnt get it to embed sorry guys

Bandit1
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KITT on Conan well sort of...

Post by Bandit1 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:57 pm

i can not watch it :|
Sorry for bad laguage,i´m still learning english!

GREETINGS FROM GERMANY

Superman111994
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Superman111994 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:34 pm

OMG!! I thought that was HILARIOUS!!!
:kitt2:

RenanrRinaldi
Recruit

Post by RenanrRinaldi » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:18 pm

Is there any mirrors? I can watch it outside US. :cry:
Mike: Next time, calculate faster.
KITT: Were you injured?
Mike: No
KITT: Then my calculations were fast enough.

adamtrek
Recruit

Post by adamtrek » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:02 pm

Well that was pretty funny. They incorporated the light show into the set perfectly. If it's funny enough, Conan will do more of these bits with the same set-up etc. He's the only talk show host with a talking set. Pretty ingenious really, being that the stage he's on at Universal is where Knight Rider was filmed incorporating the "Knight Rider technology" into the set at "great expense" as he put it.

Pretty funny stuff. Hopefully they'll do it again.
Watching KITT turbo boost since 1982.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:04 am

This thing cant be played outside the US????!!! :( is it available on youtube or something??? Image :kitt:

knightrider7781
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by knightrider7781 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:40 pm

HAhahaha get back to torso jones. Guess I should start watching conan. I was a letterman fan? But he's doing alright

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:00 am

I managed to see the show. but what I saw gave a lot of questions:
- why use the name Gabrial??? KR rights belongs to NBC, so why not use the same name, KITT??
- why doing it now?? after the show is done??? do the mean something??? do they want to give some kind of hint??? or its just something funny Conan wanted to have on his show?? you know, something that will make him different from the other shows!!
I loved what I saw, but it was strange Image :kitt:

adamtrek
Recruit

Post by adamtrek » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:48 pm

Knight007 wrote:I managed to see the show. but what I saw gave a lot of questions:
- why use the name Gabrial??? KR rights belongs to NBC, so why not use the same name, KITT??
- why doing it now?? after the show is done??? do the mean something??? do they want to give some kind of hint??? or its just something funny Conan wanted to have on his show?? you know, something that will make him different from the other shows!!
I loved what I saw, but it was strange Image :kitt:
First off, it was just a comedy bit. Has no meaning to the latest or current reiteration of Knight Rider, nor the future of the franchise.

The name Gabriel was probably used because as Conan said, it's using Knight Rider technology and incorporating it into The Tonight Show set. So, we get "Gabriel the Tonight Show talking set," as it was stated. It's a separate personality than KITT, if you will.

They did this as a joke to the fact that Conan's studio is where the original Knight Rider was filmed, Stage One, at Universal Studios. No reference to the latest Knight Rider was necessary.

I did love how Gabriel interupted Conan a couple of times when you least expected it after the bit ran it's course while Conan was talking about other stuff. That is not shown in the clip above. You'd have to watch the entire second segment of the show to see it. I'm hoping that it'll be used in the future. The audience seemed to think it was funny, and if a bit works, they'll do it again. The light show was impressive with the top of the stage being the scanner duplicate and the side pillars being the VOX box copy and the other stage backlit panel by the band being a solid color red VOX box copy. Really ingenious in my opinion.
Watching KITT turbo boost since 1982.

RenanrRinaldi
Recruit

Post by RenanrRinaldi » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:24 am

I want to watch the video. :(
Mike: Next time, calculate faster.
KITT: Were you injured?
Mike: No
KITT: Then my calculations were fast enough.