Do any of you ise your kitt replica as a everyday car?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Do any of you ise your kitt replica as a everyday car?

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:27 pm

I was just wondering if anyone would build a kitt replica and use it as a everyway car or have it stored in a garage somewhere.

TURBOBOOST27
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Do any of you ise your kitt replica as a everyday car?

Post by TURBOBOOST27 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:42 pm

fi had a kitt replica iu would definitely dive it everyday, but thats according to whicg kitt you're talking about, if its the original I would most definitely leave it parked except for when car showseason comes around, it k3000 i would drive it, after all its a dad ass car. S the matter a fact im going to buy me 2010 mustang or mayed en 09 next year a\nd see if i'll be able to get ford to put on the super snake body package for me and continue bilding from that and that'll be my second car.
Dayne Rampersad

jeremy223
Rookie

Post by jeremy223 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:50 pm

I agree that KITT 2k shouldn't be an everyday driver for many reasons. Its an older vehicle/not as reliable as a new car. It has many illegal items such as the steering wheel,tv facing the driver etc. But the biggest reason to not use it everyday is because its too well recognized. Try parking KITT in a Wal-mart parking lot while shopping and then come out to find a crowd around the car.
On the other hand KITT 3k is a perfect everyday driver. Nothing illegal to worry about as long as you don't run the scanner out on the road. Its not as well known or as flashy as the original KITT so it won't draw as much attention.
I had been trying for the last several weeks to decide which KITT replica I wanted to build,because I can only afford one car. For all the above reasons and more I chose the mustang.

ttsracingworld
Recruit

Post by ttsracingworld » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:58 pm

I'm turning my 09 Mustang GT into a KITT 3K and I am driving it everyday. I may get a junker for the winter and park the Mustang. I'm getting the front end painted this week and shuld have it on next weekend.

Knight Rider 2009
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Knight Rider 2009 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:08 pm

I drive my car everday. I just have to be careful not to turn on the red scanner since its illegal. The steering wheel is legal in my country since my car didn't have the airbag in 1987 firebirds or trans ams. But it unbelievable how people surround my car and look at the front and back including the red scanner. Now I'm looking for a winter car since this one is only for the summer.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:24 am

TURBOBOOST27 wrote:fi had a kitt replica iu would definitely dive it everyday, but thats according to whicg kitt you're talking about, if its the original I would most definitely leave it parked except for when car showseason comes around, it k3000 i would drive it, after all its a dad ass car. S the matter a fact im going to buy me 2010 mustang or mayed en 09 next year a\nd see if i'll be able to get ford to put on the super snake body package for me and continue bilding from that and that'll be my second car.
sorry there is no way to get the ss package for a regular mustang, its only available for Shelby's.

if u go the 2010 route, i dont think shelby is going to produce the SS parts for the regular the 2010 owners, the 2010 SS is going to be 500 cars production
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:46 pm

ttsracingworld wrote:I'm turning my 09 Mustang GT into a KITT 3K and I am driving it everyday.
Im goinga do the same thing with an 09 Mustang GT,eventually when the economy is better...hopefully :|
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"