K.I.T.T. and Michael... Jackson

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

K.I.T.T. and Michael... Jackson

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:59 pm

With all the coverage about Michael Jackson's death in the news, I remembered this old picture of the Jacksons and their cars... and thought I'd share it:

- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GTiGirl
Rookie

Re: K.I.T.T. and Michael... Jackson

Post by GTiGirl » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:58 pm

Great photo, do you have more?

Rest in peace Michael :oops:
Knight Rider Portugal: http://knightriderportugal.forumeiros.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:17 pm

That's one hell of an amazing photo! :good:
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

AaronKnight
Volunteer

Post by AaronKnight » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:20 pm

Wow!

anybody wants some eightiest tha this?

Rest In Peace Michael!

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:40 am

never thought there is a pic that has both of them together :shock: any Idea where is the car now??? or was it really his? Image :kitt:

greeknight
Rookie

Post by greeknight » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:40 am

:shock: This is a screen used KITT!

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:57 am

OMG!!!!!!!!! What is this?????? Am I seeing right?
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:21 am

That is Great!
I miss Michael too...
Thank You for that and if you have any more...
Please don't hesitate to share!
I love it.
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

HOFFABE
Rookie

Post by HOFFABE » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:51 am

The screen used car that was all over the news and went for like 125000 that was it...It was one of the things he was forced to sell...;(...RIP Mike you will always be the King of Pop...and the Knight RIder two days a week...lol

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:36 pm

Way cool KRA! Neil was thinking there was a photo like that but couldn't find it.

I love it! Whoes inner child wouldn't pick KITT over a Ferrari :mrgreen:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:40 pm

Michael and K.I.T.T.! 8)

Very good, Paul.

I adore Michael Jackson and the car KITT! I like to see together of Michael and KITT!
Michael Jackson will be the King of Pop forever!

Peace.

:wink:
Alex

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:52 pm

HOFFABE wrote:The screen used car that was all over the news and went for like 125000 that was it...It was one of the things he was forced to sell...;(...RIP Mike you will always be the King of Pop...and the Knight RIder two days a week...lol
Say that again? Michael actually bought and sold a screen-used K.I.T.T.!? I thought he was just posing with one for that particular picture.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:22 am

Great work Paul, I told Neps that there was a photo like this out there somewhere but I did not have it... the one I remembered was black and white. But yet again KRA comes to the rescue ;).
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:18 am

There's so much mystery behind this picture - does anyone know how this photo shoot came about? That's obviously a screen used original car.

Thanks Paul!
Joe
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Co-author of Knight Rider Legacy

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:09 am

Lost Knight wrote:
HOFFABE wrote:The screen used car that was all over the news and went for like 125000 that was it...It was one of the things he was forced to sell...;(...RIP Mike you will always be the King of Pop...and the Knight RIder two days a week...lol
Say that again? Michael actually bought and sold a screen-used K.I.T.T.!? I thought he was just posing with one for that particular picture.
No its not the same car. The car Michael is squatting on up there is hard top. I'm pretty sure it could have been screen used but it was one of the hard top stunt cars done up to look like a t-top. And its definitely not the one Hoffabe is referring to, since that one actually had t-tops.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ThomasKnight
Operative

Post by ThomasKnight » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:31 pm

Well, I have a funny feeling about this picture, because it's not the first time when I see it, but never realized (at least correctly) that is Michael Jackson himself! Probably I've realized at the first time, but since then I forgot it. :roll:
I recognise the car from the nose, because some action scenes were filmed with this car in season two and three.

I think this photo shows that KITT was getting MJ's attention with the great style, performance and personality. The two great performer's style is familiar: I'm thinking the Billie jean song and Jacko's identical cloth for it: The black hat and white glove matching with the black colour and white rims. So it's obvious that MJ liked KITT, because the car was matching to his style and not to mention KITT calls his driver always Michael. :kitt: :)
I think the Billie jean song's opening rithm could have been the opening title rithm for knight rider, cause they are very familiar, so that is the main reason for the connection between MJ and KITT style. :kitt2:

R.I.P. Michael
"One man can make a difference"
Knight Rider forever

HOFFABE
Rookie

Post by HOFFABE » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:52 pm

ahh so it is...oops my bad

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:24 pm

GTiGirl wrote:Great photo, do you have more?
That's the only one I've got, but I'm always on the look-out for new Knight Rider photos and material, so if I can find more I'll be sure to share, as always!
Knight007 wrote:any Idea where is the car now??? or was it really his?
Unfortunately, I don't know. As Joe said, the background to this picture is a mystery. I guess it's possible he could have bought one of the original cars, but it's just as likely that the whole thing was arranged specifically for the photoshoot.

I do think that Michael Jackson was a fan of the show, and may even have been in touch with the company at one point -- it's interesting that he was name-checked three times (twice on-film) in stories around late-1984 (about the time I'd estimate that picture was taken): Terry Major (Michelle NiCastro) mentions his name in conversation with Devon in "Circus Knights", K.I.T.T. asks "Can Michael Jackson moonwalk?" in "Junk Yard Dog", and he was also mentioned in Rick Okie's unfilmed script "Girls' Knight Out", which was lined-up for production between those two episodes in November, 1984. Perhaps they were a tip of the hat because he was a famous fan?... or a tribute because they were aware of that photoshoot... or maybe just because he was Michael Jackson at the peak of his popularity. It's curious.

Should any more details come to light, I'll be sure to post them!
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:43 am

wow, that picture is awesome, :good: :good:
in glen larson we trust.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:33 am

Knight Rider Archive wrote:
GTiGirl wrote:Great photo, do you have more?
That's the only one I've got, but I'm always on the look-out for new Knight Rider photos and material, so if I can find more I'll be sure to share, as always!
Knight007 wrote:any Idea where is the car now??? or was it really his?
Unfortunately, I don't know. As Joe said, the background to this picture is a mystery. I guess it's possible he could have bought one of the original cars, but it's just as likely that the whole thing was arranged specifically for the photoshoot.

I do think that Michael Jackson was a fan of the show, and may even have been in touch with the company at one point -- it's interesting that he was name-checked three times (twice on-film) in stories around late-1984 (about the time I'd estimate that picture was taken): Terry Major (Michelle NiCastro) mentions his name in conversation with Devon in "Circus Knights", K.I.T.T. asks "Can Michael Jackson moonwalk?" in "Junk Yard Dog", and he was also mentioned in Rick Okie's unfilmed script "Girls' Knight Out", which was lined-up for production between those two episodes in November, 1984. Perhaps they were a tip of the hat because he was a famous fan?... or a tribute because they were aware of that photoshoot... or maybe just because he was Michael Jackson at the peak of his popularity. It's curious.

Should any more details come to light, I'll be sure to post them!
So this is just a one time thing?? I mean there were no plans for Michel to appear with KITT on other pictures or something??
This is strange, it sounds to me like the mystery connection between Glen Larson and George lucas!!! they keep refering to him one way or another in the show with no clear connection :D Image :kitt:

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:18 am

Knight007 wrote:So this is just a one time thing?? I mean there were no plans for Michel to appear with KITT on other pictures or something??
The photographer would have snapped loads of shots and poses during that session, that's usual for any photoshoot. All the shots are still out there somewhere, it's just up to us as fans to track them down, or for the owners and publishers to print them. But, that's the only shot of Jackson with K.I.T.T. that I have in my KR photo collection at the moment, and the only shoot I know of that's KR related.
- Paul

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:46 am

Already got a lead on the photographer, and this! --

More info as I get it!
- Paul

GTiGirl
Rookie

Post by GTiGirl » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:59 am

Knight Rider Archive wrote:Already got a lead on the photographer, and this! --

More info as I get it!

Great :good: thanks! We'll be expecting more 8)
Knight Rider Portugal: http://knightriderportugal.forumeiros.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shadowy Flight
Rookie
Location: Deadman's Curve (between Silicon Valley and Millston)

Post by Shadowy Flight » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:48 am

Amazing though that MJ was apparently a fan but they never used MJ's music on the show. I know most of the songs are cover songs so it shouldn't have been that expensive to do a cover of Beat It or Billie Jean...or even play Thriller on Halloween Knight. I always felt MJ's music would go well with KR.
Nothing gold can stay. The Sun sets and it becomes a purple desert...then you get run over by a black car!!!

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:02 pm

Shadowy Flight wrote:Amazing though that MJ was apparently a fan but they never used MJ's music on the show.
The Jacksons' song Torture (from the Victory album) was featured in "Knight of the Drones"... Michael was still a part of the group during that time. And again, that episode was made and broadcast during the time that seems to fit with those photos.
- Paul