I have news about a POSSIBLE season 2!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightendo77
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: I have news about a POSSIBLE season 2!

Post by knightendo77 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:19 am

While I'd love for this to be true, there's no interactive part of the SciFi channel here in the UK, no Red Button or additional services, just the channel and its website.

Thing is, around this time the channel released information that they've acquired the rights to the second season of 'Dollshouse' for broadcast in 2010, so maybe this is where the confusion lies.
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

triran
Rookie

Post by triran » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:28 am

I see the Sky mag is going mad for the 2 parter episode with the nutter and bomb - cant remember the episode name.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:40 am

triran wrote:I see the Sky mag is going mad for the 2 parter episode with the nutter and bomb - cant remember the episode name.
That would be: --

Don't Stop The Knight (part 1)
Day Turns Into Knight (part 2)

Of course, the "epilogue" to this story is the K.A.R.R. episode -- Knight To King's Pawn.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

xmguy
Rookie

Post by xmguy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:46 am

Boy, I really hope this would be true.
LOYAL Knight Rider fan since 1995
:spmgo:

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:50 am

I'd hardly say the Sky Magazine is "going mad" for the two-parter. They put a small picture of KITT in a couple of places in the mag, one of these being the schedule and the other in a round up of what's happening on various channels, they do this with every new show, regardless the network or the show. They did a 2-page article when it was due to begin, which was good.

Just have to be careful about getting the hopes up of those not able to read the magazine.
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:06 am

someone on the NBC KR boards said they heard this same rumor.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:31 am

Thats the problem, Rumor :? . For once, I just wish if I can go into one of the meeting of NBC board and talk to them. I cant understand how they think!!! :roll: Image :kitt:

Dave KR2
Volunteer

Post by Dave KR2 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:08 am

id love a season 2 as well lets go 2 nbc and bash there heads together and show them there is red light at the end of the tunnel lol :evil: :karr:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:54 pm

So how have the ratings been in the UK? Seems like we heard a bit for the first two or three weeks and then nothing after they too had a big drop off...
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:15 pm

yeah i want to know about the ratings too.
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:35 pm

Sci-Fi viewing figures for Knight Rider is about 320,000 per show. Of course it varies. Yes very low but take into account that not every1 has digital tv yet.

But Knight rider is most popular show on the channel coming 1st in top ten everytime

Figures from: http://www.barb.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:kitt:
Michael:“KITT I NEED YAH!”
Kitt:“ON MY WAY MICHAEL!”

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:24 pm

That is actually not low, for Sci Fi Uk those are very respectable numbers. Things like this could open the path to syndication.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:20 am

But do you think NBC keeps track of the ratings over seas??? do they really care about the show any more??? or they just go to other markets just for the money???? These are very strange decisions for last in ratings network!!!! Image :kitt:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:16 am

Solid Snake wrote:That is actually not low, for Sci Fi Uk those are very respectable numbers. Things like this could open the path to syndication.
And syndication does what exactly?

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:00 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:That is actually not low, for Sci Fi Uk those are very respectable numbers. Things like this could open the path to syndication.
Gets us series 2!
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:04 pm

chrisjones wrote:
PunkMaister wrote:
Gets us series 2!
How? There are plenty of series from the Original Night Rider itself to Charmed, Angel, Buffy you name it all running in syndication. Running a show in syndication does not mean anything other than that a show is running in syndication period...

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:23 pm

Google searched...
Syndication has been known to spur the popularity of a series that only experienced moderate success during its original network run. The most notable example of this is Star Trek, which ran for three seasons on NBC from 1966 to 1969, but became a worldwide cult phenomenon after it entered off-network syndication, the success of which ultimately led to the Star Trek film series and the made-for-syndication revival Star Trek: The Next Generation and three other series. Another example is The Brady Bunch.
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:16 pm

chrisjones wrote:Google searched...
Syndication has been known to spur the popularity of a series that only experienced moderate success during its original network run. The most notable example of this is Star Trek, which ran for three seasons on NBC from 1966 to 1969, but became a worldwide cult phenomenon after it entered off-network syndication, the success of which ultimately led to the Star Trek film series and the made-for-syndication revival Star Trek: The Next Generation and three other series. Another example is The Brady Bunch.
There are some important details that you are missing on all this and the most important one is the fact that KR08 was a spin off or continuation of the the TOS Knight Rider which already has worldwide cult status it is because of that cult status that KR08 sprang out in the first place. It does not mean we are going to get a season 2 at all syndication or not. We might get some other spin off latter on or maybe even a whole reboot as they did with the new Trek film but a second season? No way, not because of syndication anyway...
You want a second season you have to campaign for it, endlessly and tirelessly until someone gets the message, that's all and even then by the time someone listens it might be over a decade latter and they would still have to re-cast reboot the whole thing Trek style anyways...

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:16 pm

I agree! If we want a season 2, we don't sit here and accept it! We should continue the fight! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:28 pm

as in the case of baywatch.. cancelled season 1, went into syndication for 10 years.

knight_Sam
Recruit

Post by knight_Sam » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:08 pm

can u find out the ratings in India

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:49 pm

KITT wrote:as in the case of baywatch.. cancelled season 1, went into syndication for 10 years.
Because guess who took the whole thing into syndicated production! None other than the Hoff himself. 8) Heck he even produced a short lived Baywatch PI spin off don't recall the name. We do not have anything like that in this case. I wish we did but we do not... :|

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:13 am

Baywatch Nights.

Can I just add that those figures for KR08 on SciFi UK are nothing short of spectacular! Take away the five network channels (BBC One, BBC TWO, ITV1, Channel 4 and Five) and you've got hundreds of digital channels competing against each other. KR's pilot episode got 500,000 and made it the number one show across ALL those channels in the UK! Also, Sci-Fi's #1 show before KR came on was Medium with 150,000.... so KR is doing brilliantly here!! Yes, is GST hadn't mucked it all up it'd be doing a lot better but in a perfect world GST would never have gotten his hands on it in the ifrst place...
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:49 am

Remember when Shapeshifter said, that NBC paid Justin Bruening money for this TV season? Justin Bruening still doesn't have any IMDb listings for any other shows, if he would be in any other show, we would know that and i doubt that NBC payed him for nothing. I think NBC still is considering to reboot the series.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:54 am

Radicalas wrote:Remember when Shapeshifter said, that NBC paid Justin Bruening money for this TV season? Justin Bruening still doesn't have any IMDb listings for any other shows, if he would be in any other show, we would know that and i doubt that NBC payed him for nothing. I think NBC still is considering to reboot the series.
That really doesn't mean anything other than he is currently not working as he has not hired by anyone yet. This might surprise you but actors sometimes go thru months and even years without getting any kind of roles...