Is There Going To Be A Season 2?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Is There Going To Be A Season 2?

Post by WIBoomer1 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:43 pm

Super Flash wrote:I do not agree with this or with the fact that the overall consensus that this version of Knight Rider is cancelled.
Super Flash, simple. Prove that it's not cancelled.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:53 pm

k.i.t.t2k wrote:well family guy has been canned twice now and its down to the fans buying the dvds that brought it back ... :wink: .. im guessing if dvd sales do well enough and bring in enough money then maybe they will bring it back ... untill then ... keep your fingers crossed
Here's the thing though...animation is easier to start up again than live action, since the voice cast is the only thing that for the most part would have to remain intact, since the visuals are drawn, therefore no aging. And it's simple enough to get another impressionist to voice parts close as possible to any cast member that either has not signed on, or has passed away.

With live-action, you'd have to recast the characters, if the original cast has already moved on to other projects.

EVKRWriter
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by EVKRWriter » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:03 pm

Hi. New to the board, but KRonline has been my go-to-site for KR since, well, the beginning of the new series. Wasn't around for TOS, but I've made it a point to watch as many original episodes as possible---gotta love Retro Television Network, RTN, they have EVERYTHING classic---and, well, I fell in love.

Anyways, as much as I would LOVE to see KR08 come back in a season 2...I'm not...feeling it, y'know? I mean, yeah, perhaps somebody'll be able to convince somebody else to put it up on Scifi. They'd have to get all the actors back. Paul Campbell has that Canadian show, "No Heroics", and if its pilot episode does well, I suppose he's gone. Apparently, Justin Bruening has been retained by NBC for one reason or another. A new show most likely. That had been a promising sign for KR back before the Fall lineup had been announced, but... -_-.

Who knows about Russo, or Davidson...the others. Find other shows to go on? Get another show for their own?

No...as much as I want to keep hope alive for our favorite Mustang and his ...charismatic driver, I don't think so.

....'Course, maybe...by some miraculous happenstance, our friends across the pond may just be the life this thing needs and NBC will have to oblige us. Just a miraculous happenstance, remember. A crazy, crazy, happenstance... ^.^
~EV

KITT Happens!!!

KR Fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/~evryderwriter. My way of keeping Knight Rider alive and well.

Samborghini
Rookie

Post by Samborghini » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:58 pm

ah but wasn't it in an interview with the creator of Family Guy someone asked him "Will it last longer than The Simpsons?" to which he replied "No. we'll cancel it before we make it crap" No idea if that's true I just heard it from a friend.
Protecting the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

k.i.t.t2k
Volunteer

Post by k.i.t.t2k » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:24 am

WIBoomer1 wrote:
k.i.t.t2k wrote:well family guy has been canned twice now and its down to the fans buying the dvds that brought it back ... :wink: .. im guessing if dvd sales do well enough and bring in enough money then maybe they will bring it back ... untill then ... keep your fingers crossed
Here's the thing though...animation is easier to start up again than live action, since the voice cast is the only thing that for the most part would have to remain intact, since the visuals are drawn, therefore no aging. And it's simple enough to get another impressionist to voice parts close as possible to any cast member that either has not signed on, or has passed away.

With live-action, you'd have to recast the characters, if the original cast has already moved on to other projects.
What I'm getting at is if the demand is big enough and they can make $$$ out of it then yes they will bring it back ... Family Guy came back because the demand from the fans was big enough ... they saw how sales of the dvd were doing and brought it back to ring as much money out of it as possible ... studios don't make shows because they like them or because they would like to see something on the air for nostalgia .. they do it for the money and if there is something they realise they can make money from it still they will bring it back for sure .. to be honest i wasn't the biggest fan of the new one but .... i will be buying the dvds when they come out over here ... why ? because if i do along with a hell of a lot of other people then we may just get it back on the air ... then maybe i will get to see k.i.t.t showing this mustang what being a supercar is all about ! :kitt: :good:

Samborghini
Rookie

Post by Samborghini » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:05 am

speaking of the DVD's has their been a release date yet?
Protecting the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:38 am

k.i.t.t2k wrote:.. they do it for the money and if there is something they realise they can make money from it still they will bring it back for sure .. to be honest i wasn't the biggest fan of the new one but
You've just answered your own question. People only purchase things (especially in today's economy) that they like. To purchase something solely thinking that your purchase may invigorate others to do the same is flawed. How many of us fans didn't really like KR 08? The good majority of us complained about every point, be it KI3T being a Mustang, to Mike and Sarah's relationship, and of course, how the writers handled KARR. I for one will not be purchasing the DVDs, because if I really want to watch the shows again, Hulu is Free!!!

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:38 pm

Super Flash wrote:Hello There Everyone, :D

I can not help but feel frustrated with this type of comment from PunnkMaister: :?:

"In other words only in our imaginations. And that's how it will be for the foreseeable future. Maybe in 8 decades from now we well some of us who are still living may see something K.R related on TV." :?:

I do not agree with this or with the fact that the overall concenses that this version of Knight Rider is cancelled. I am not sure where PunkMaister comes up these notions that Knight Rider is dead this or that or the 08 decades nonsense before we see the show back. That is just plain silly and rediculious. As I have stated before and I will say again Knight RIder is not dead and will be back sooner rather then later. I will not discount the possibility that there will be some kind of announcement concerning the fate of Knight RIder coming in July nor, will I be concerned about the lack of production of new episodes at this point in time. I am sure by next spring of fall 2010 will have the show back in some form by then. :good: :)

Anyway, let us keep up the faith and pray of more Knight RIder. :kittconv:
Thanks and take care,
Michael P. Nepa :kitt:
Michael, first all of all my apologies on the third world thing it was never meant to be or to sound racist. To be honest I had no clue that third world countries were all inhabited by one particular race. :? Albanians are white for example but that's beside the point.

Frankly I don't see how one can keep the faith when there is absolutely nothing to show for! Not a peep from the producers or cast about the show's fate. There does not seem to be any commitment on the part of the producers to even try to keep the show running in some way, shape or form either.

In the Bible we got the Gospels telling us Jesus died for our sins and resurrected at least we have that on writing. In this case we do not even have that...

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:33 am

PunkMaister wrote:Frankly I don't see how one can keep the faith when there is absolutely nothing to show for! Not a peep from the producers or cast about the show's fate. There does not seem to be any commitment on the part of the producers to even try to keep the show running in some way, shape or form either.
PunkMaister, I am sorry to be the hammer but I can not be more clear: THE SHOW IS NOT COMING BACK. We know this. We're not in the dark about anything. It's over. You've been moping for weeks that the show was gone, and now you're acting like you're keeping a positive attitude about it?

I know you're frustrated, but I think you need to give it a rest. It's getting old.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:50 pm

I guess that means that the campaigning has become all but worthless.... :(

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:09 am

PunkMaister wrote:I guess that means that the campaigning has become all but worthless.... :(
Generally you campaign for a show when you receive bad news. Why would we be campaigning if we knew for sure it was coming back. Who knows, if we had the numbers maybe we could sway NBC into bringing it back, not this season, but the next year, or the year after that, or even to try again in five years or ten. I guess it's hopeless when we all decide to give up hope.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:52 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:THE SHOW IS NOT COMING BACK. We know this. We're not in the dark about anything. It's over.
Mike, If this is true, then why does the website still have "support the quest for season 2" banners? I know there's no mention of KR on NBC's 2009-2010 lineup. Are we totally sure that the European market angle and the DVD sales angle is not going to persuade any changes?

Has anyone talked to GST to see what he's up to??? Other shows that are gone (i.e. Greg Garcia from My Name is Earl) have had statements saying that they tried to get another deal working, but all efforts fell short, thanks to the fans, and have a nice day. It would be nice for GST to come out and say, "hey, i'm sorry, we tried to get another season, but we couldn't get the deals to come through. Thanks to all the fans, of the original and of our attempt, and I wish everyone the best of luck..."

I feel like the fans are not getting any respect by GST or NBC until an official statement is made. This guessing game is crap, plain and simple.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:59 pm

Sue wrote:Who knows, if we had the numbers maybe we could sway NBC into bringing it back, not this season, but the next year, or the year after that, or even to try again in five years or ten.
Sue, if a showrunner makes a pitch, and all sides see profit, then it's greenlit. We all know that there's a big fan base of KR. It's more a matter for a new pitch to be made, to make KR more accessible for more fans to come to the fold, while remaining true to the original KR. The new version didn't get it until the last 5 eps, when it was essentially all over. the whole Jay Leno 5 hours of programming thing also didn't help KR.

davidknightrider
Rookie

Post by davidknightrider » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:17 am

Listen up guys,

we need to relax

Last I heard was that Gary Scott Thompson was enjoying the uncut edition of Fast & Furious.

So he's probably too busy to comment.
:good:
Last edited by Matthew on Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: To remove a vulgar comment.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:46 pm

davidknightrider wrote:Listen up guys,

we need to relax

Last I heard was that Gary Scott Thompson was enjoying the uncut edition of Fast & Furious.

Because he is watching an uncut edition of an old movie? :?

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:24 am

PunkMaister wrote:

we need to relax

Ok now that made me chuckle :D. All we can really do is keep making noise, noise means people talking, people talking means there is interest.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:04 am

Solid Snake wrote:
PunkMaister wrote:

we need to relax

Ok now that made me chuckle :D. All we can really do is keep making noise, noise means people talking, people talking means there is interest.
Well I had to ask given his comments but now I realized that the original post was edited by Mathew and may have had a totallly different meaming at first. I think the author had made a double sense post to mock GST but with the edition it looked like an assertion, hence all the confusion, talk about a modern day Babel...

Samborghini
Rookie

Post by Samborghini » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:45 pm

Hey does anyone like toast?

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:45 pm

Samborghini wrote:Hey does anyone like toast?
:? :shock: :? :o :shock: :? :?:

What does that have to do with anything? And what are you going to email toast to whoever agrees?

I really do not understand the point of your post if it had any. Unless you mean you are happy with the current situation and want to toast because nothing is being produced and will not in the foreseeable future. A lot of people that used to post here know they did. Oh well...

DavidKnight
Rookie

Post by DavidKnight » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:45 pm

However it doesn't mean much, but i think we should still have that last hopes. The wierd thing is, KR still have a board on NBC.com. Why would they keep it? Bionic Woman doesn't have one anymore, but KR has. Plus, the knightindustriesresearch.com still works, of course you can't access to anything, but the site itself is still online. Why are they spending money on keeping these things? I know there wont be a second season, but hope is right here in front of us.

I heard a lot of rumors that the show is on hiatus, or it's not cancelled, but on a long break, honestly i dont know which one would be better, but i hope. I hope that it'll continue wheter it'll be this year or the next one. I think we should continue the campaing, maybe we can get some attention.

IMO the best option for KR is to move to the Sci-Fi channel (or its SyFy today), because the ratings would satisfy a cable network's interests.

I knew that the show won't be successful and i know that we won't get a second season this year, i was too much negative at start about the ratings, but now, it's missing more and more, i started to grab any chance i can get to do something. I'm not from the US and the show will only be broadcasted here in september, but i sent my own letter and signed that petition. "Many a little becomes much"

Think it that way.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:33 pm

What will it take to convince people that the show is gone for good? Not saying anything positive or negative one way or another, but some people need to get a grip, accept reality and move on already. These "Is there going to be a Season 2?" threads are starting to look a little ridiculous by now.
WIBoomer1 wrote:Mike, If this is true, then why does the website still have "support the quest for season 2" banners? I know there's no mention of KR on NBC's 2009-2010 lineup.
Because neps likely hasn't gotten around to removing it yet.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Samborghini
Rookie

Post by Samborghini » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:05 pm

In the interview with David Hasselhoff on the homepage he clearly states that KR 2008 has finished and is talking on Glen Larsons KR movie, which I think we should be looking forward to. Now, think of KR 2008 as Team Knight Rider, it tried, failed so we move on :)

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:53 pm

Yeah, sadly it seems KR08 is finished.
But what is a slap in the face of all fans is that NBC never officially announced the status of the show. If it's canceled, well, sad but we have the right to know. If it's on hiatus waiting for new money, even better but let us know.
They shouldn't just ignore it and hope that it goes away, because there are so many fans hoping, this is no way to treat your audience.
That what really makes me angry at NBC.

2K&3KKITT
Operative

Post by 2K&3KKITT » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:16 pm

WIBoomer1 wrote:
Super Flash wrote:I do not agree with this or with the fact that the overall consensus that this version of Knight Rider is cancelled.
Super Flash, simple. Prove that it's not cancelled.
Again, simple. Prove that it is cancelled. Sorry, but I won't give up hope like I said before.
SAVE KNIGHT RIDER! Sign this petition! I was #205! One of the first!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:kittspin:
Read my Stories!
http://kileandkasey.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:41 pm

Actually, we did receive word the show was canned, way back in December 08. Nobody really credits TV Guide or Entertainment Weekly as reliable sources beyond rumors/gossip, but we were told a long time ago.

Face it, the tv show sucked. KITT was just a globe with a bunch of added special effects. We were all joyous to see Knight Rider back on television, and would believe in it to the end. Well, the end has come.....The transforming, monotone talking version of KITT was just not what we had expected when we first heard of Knight Rider's return. The horrible character storylines were something we also didn't come to expect. Who knew NBC executives were going to hire Saved By The Bell screenplay writers to do the show? Oh, I'm sorry, THE OC.....Anyways..

I am one of the people who had desired a more serious version of Knight Rider, because I grew up and was still in love with the one thing that attracted me...the car. We didn't need everything else, besides a lone crusader challenging those who operate above the law. And with today's technology, it did make sense to have CIA and FBI officials working hand in hand with Knight Industries. KR08 was just a bad mash up of a good concept. The last six episodes were good, and I strongly believe KR08 would had been back for season 2, but geez, how does any show screw up something so demanded by delivering no real stunt driving or jumps? NBC is putting money into a cop drama that appears to have all that with that one show (forgot title). So Knight Rider really didn't have much favor to stay for long.....just my guess.

Show is dead...looking forward to a movie adaptation, and it better not be campy. We've had too much of that now, can everyone agree on that?