Knight Rider 08 premiering in Mumbai

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KITT
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider 08 premiering in Mumbai

Post by KITT » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:48 am

Just saw this..
Star World to premiere remake of 'Knight Rider' from 18 June
Indiantelevision.com Team
(16 June 2009 9:45 pm)
MUMBAI: Star World is set to premiere the remake of 1980s classic television series 'Knight Rider' on Thursday, 18 June at 10 pm.

The story takes place 25 years after the original Knight Rider series. Secret Agent Mike Traceur (Justin Bruening) steers K.I.T.T. (Knight Industries Three Thousand), now a Ford Shelby GT500KR Mustang.

Along with a former fiancée Sarah Graiman (Deanna Russo), the daughter of the scientist Charles Graiman who designed both KITTs, Traceur becomes the new champion of Knight Industries, a high tech government and law enforcement contractor.

“Every episode has some amazing feats,” says Bruening. “I always wonder how they are going to pull off on-screen what I read in the scripts because we always have some cars and missiles blowing up.”

The pilot episode also features guest star David Hasselhoff, returning to the role that launched his career.
http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlin ... une191.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Re: Knight Rider 08 premiering in Mumbai

Post by Knight007 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:43 am

Very good. India has very large viewer numbers.
After the Middle East and North Africa, Barzil, we have now Idia.

I do have a question however, how NBC will keep track of these overseas prodcastings??? you know, like the rates or the feedback and all that stuff. after all, NBC may change its mind after a huge big response from the overseas networks, right? Image :kitt:

davidknightrider
Rookie

Post by davidknightrider » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:03 am

If i was a betting man now, I would bet my car on Knight Rider's international numbers helping it to continue.

It simply is impossible for Knight Rider 08 to fail overseas. Its got a talking car, charismatic lead actor, and should appeal to the masses quite easily.

The original series is still shown, and this new version offers some escapism that people are looking for.

NBC must surely be making a bucket load now from overseas buyers for this show.

If there's one thing that KR has got, and that's a worldwide fanbase.

bring on season 2 please!

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:27 am

davidknightrider wrote:If i was a betting man now, I would bet my car on Knight Rider's international numbers helping it to continue.

It simply is impossible for Knight Rider 08 to fail overseas. Its got a talking car, charismatic lead actor, and should appeal to the masses quite easily.

The original series is still shown, and this new version offers some escapism that people are looking for.

NBC must surely be making a bucket load now from overseas buyers for this show.

If there's one thing that KR has got, and that's a worldwide fanbase.

bring on season 2 please!
although I dont like NBC, but I hope what you said is true. I mean making bucket load of money.
The thing they care about the most is money, and if they see the show will do better outside of the US than inside, maybe they will go for another season Image :kitt:

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:18 pm

I have a lot of relatives that live in India, and I think they get that channel there! :D I'll tell them to watch it!
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:06 am

It's been really long since I posted here, which may be a hint of the lack of Knight Rider activity here. I've caught two episodes (missed Knight in Shining Armor) and opinions are a little better than neutral. I can't comment too much on Team Knight Rider as I haven't seen a full episode of it on a big (not 15") screen, but there are a few good things and some aspects I'm not too impressed about. I like the visual effects and animation, as well as the Transformers references, but the sound editing isn't impressive, as I can't hear the voices too clearly. The voices back in the 1980s were a kit clearer. Moreover, this show is full of 2000's programming cliches (including so many risky ones) that are, frankly, a little dumb, and even disturbing.

Val Kilmer as KITT is an interesting choice, as he's not the most emphatic actor around. The concept of Mike Traceur is heavily inspired by Michael Knight of old, though the actor isn't as dramatic, but the influences from the old show (mobile base, old boss, smart and by-the-book female techie, risk-taking Michael, no-risk KITT) are easy to spot. Influences of Transformers are also quite clear, although the SPM/EBS (and C-mode) of season four of old happened after Transformers was introduced. The strangest thing was the presence of some police officers in the pilot, who sounded very British. The C-130 (a TKR influence, maybe?) was an interesting addition, but I preferred the C-5 from TKR as it looked a lot more intimidating. The opening gambit idea wasn't a good one; it's not quite Knight Rider without the teaser for the episode!

And of course, this show airs on Thursdays and Fridays at primetime (10pm IST) and then in the afternoon, if you have a holiday (1pm IST), so you can catch it at a good time. Do I want it to last another season? Not without more references to Knight Rider 1982, though this show (which also has some Indian connections) ended at just the right time, like the old one.

knight_Sam
Recruit

Post by knight_Sam » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:13 am

I would request all KR fan's in India to come togethere to help keep the series alive we need to get a good enough TRP rating to make the creators continue the series & keep KITT alive.. :kitt: KITT Rules.....

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:18 am

We can always hope so. STAR World is broadcasting Knight Rider 2008 twice a week at prime time, with one afternoon rerun an episode, so they seem to be trying really hard. Maybe fans here can help out, but we'd prefer to watch the show in time with the rest of the world (at least a little after the United States) and not a year after it's finished. Knight Rider 1982 was very popular back then, though we wouldn't expect fans to be too serious about watching the show. We'd love to have DVD's of this show and the original in stands here, on the back of how popular it is.