Our own Episode 18 - Additional Discussion

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Luke_windstyle
Rookie

Re: Our own Episode 18

Post by Luke_windstyle » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:24 am

just one thing. Sarah Isn't officially dead and Mike is Michael knight now

standgeo
Volunteer

Post by standgeo » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:53 am

Guys this is great.I just had another idea.How about this being a tv movie not just an episode. This way we can write a more complete and meaningful story. We all complained how sort was the kitt-karr story in kr08.Now we try, really successfully i must admit, to put together all the basic storyline of KR both original and new.It seems like a great continuation, like the one we all wanted and never saw.
By making this,in theory for now but you never know, a tv movie script first there will be no dark spots in the story and second, also very important, we have a really good pilot for the second season, that would really help bringing KR back rolling as a series! Both pilots in the history of KR were great. This one is great too.
Just an idea What do you think?

DJGM
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by DJGM » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:01 pm

Luke_windstyle wrote: just one thing. Sarah Isn't officially dead and Mike is Michael knight now
Sarah Graiman has never been dead, officially or otherwise, but her father and Mike Traceur
are "legally dead" even though they are physically still alive. It was explained earlier in the
story how Dr Graiman is still alive. The original Michael Knight is a supporting character in
this story. Even though Mike has changed his name to that of his father Michael Knight,
everyone still addresses him as Mike, except KI3T who addresses him as Michael.

Hope that clears up your confusion, although I don't really think you've read the full story.

Luke_windstyle
Rookie

Post by Luke_windstyle » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:26 am

I have read the whole story and aren't confused. Mike is officially Michael Knight. If you watch that episode with that boy who is kidnapped you see that the (possibly) NSA woman knows he is Michael Knight not Mike Traceur. And isn't it kind of obvious I know sarah isn't dead.

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:18 pm

Knight94 ... please stop putting your carriage returns in places where don't they need to be!

KITT_Vs._KARR
Operative

Post by KITT_Vs._KARR » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:54 pm

Offtopic: Matthew, Good read, but instead of going 5 steps forward, you just went 10 back.. That really did defeat the reason of the whole upgrade systems and such. See now i do find the story starting to go off track..
There is the best, then the Rest!

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:29 am

I may have gone "10 steps back" as you say, but at least KITT isn't in some fangasmically envisioned car that guts his entire personality now.

Remember, the Knight 2000 was only designed to look like a 1982 Trans Am. The parts within that shell are what made KITT the character he became, and simply switching his CPU into some ugly as sin "ish modern" replacement would make him a completely different character.

Rather than allow the TOS mythos to be gutted in such a way, I chose to restore it using the only means available to me... hence the hasty return of the Knight 2000 and a small discussion about age and jealousy getting the better of us to put an end to that particular misstep. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

KITT_Vs._KARR
Operative

Post by KITT_Vs._KARR » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:21 am

Matthew wrote:I may have gone "10 steps back" as you say, but at least KITT isn't in some fangasmically envisioned car that guts his entire personality now.

Remember, the Knight 2000 was only designed to look like a 1982 Trans Am. The parts within that shell are what made KITT the character he became, and simply switching his CPU into some ugly as sin "ish modern" replacement would make him a completely different character.

Rather than allow the TOS mythos to be gutted in such a way, I chose to restore it using the only means available to me... hence the hasty return of the Knight 2000 and a small discussion about age and jealousy getting the better of us to put an end to that particular misstep. :good:

Matt
Reply Offtopic: *Shakes head* "TOS" Joking right? This is supposed to be the New knight rider. Yes the 80's KR was awesome, but remember this KR even fan made, is for the New Generation. Keeping kitt as a 82 TA, yes i understand, and as a mustered stain, i understand. But heck, who am i to do anything...

:kitt: Vs. :karr:

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:58 am

Yes, this story is a part of the new series, but given the inclusion of the original Michael Knight and KITT, it is important for their history and characters to be respected. Changing KITT's body to something more modern guts him of everything that made his character what it was.

I’m afraid that if you’re unable and/or unwilling to grasp that, then you’ll also have difficulty understanding why the selfish introduction of the 2002 Trans Am only served to alienate many of the people that were initially participating in this thread. That the rejection of it as the new body of the Knight Industries Three Thousand then resulted in it being set to become the new body of the Knight Industries Two Thousand was the straw that broke the camel's back.

So, to conclude, by changing KITT’s body to a 2002 Trans Am, it needlessly corrupted the point of an aged Michael and KITT needing to enlist the help of Mike and the Knight 3000. Therefore, KITT’s body is back to being the 1982 Trans Am inspired Knight 2000, and parity is restored. END OF! :good:

Matt

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:45 am

Matthew wrote:Yes, this story is a part of the new series, but given the inclusion of the original Michael Knight and KITT, it is important for their history and characters to be respected. Changing KITT's body to something more modern guts him of everything that made his character what it was.

I’m afraid that if you’re unable and/or unwilling to grasp that, then you’ll also have difficulty understanding why the selfish introduction of the 2002 Trans Am only served to alienate many of the people that were initially participating in this thread. That the rejection of it as the new body of the Knight Industries Three Thousand then resulted in it being set to become the new body of the Knight Industries Two Thousand was the straw that broke the camel's back.

So, to conclude, by changing KITT’s body to a 2002 Trans Am, it needlessly corrupted the point of an aged Michael and KITT needing to enlist the help of Mike and the Knight 3000. Therefore, KITT’s body is back to being the 1982 Trans Am inspired Knight 2000, and parity is restored. END OF! :good:

Matt
breaking the fourth wall right on dude
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

KITT_Vs._KARR
Operative

Post by KITT_Vs._KARR » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:32 am

Matthew wrote:Yes, this story is a part of the new series, but given the inclusion of the original Michael Knight and KITT, it is important for their history and characters to be respected. Changing KITT's body to something more modern guts him of everything that made his character what it was.

Matt
:roll:

I just guess you can't grasp that, Old never out does new my friend. Matt, i respect the characters and the history of KR.
To Be Honest, None of you care about my idea's here. I knew i should of quit posting after what i had written down got trashed... ... think i am done you all don't need my poor story lines....

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:31 am

Have you ever heard of the old saying, “they don’t make ‘em like they used to?”

That saying exists because modern cars, whilst having all the fancy bells and whistles, just don’t elicit the love and appreciation that old cars do. If they did, the modern era of American muscle wouldn’t be trying to recapture the sentimental feeling of days gone by. :good:

To even suggest that a 2002 Trans Am, which was so unpopular that it terminated the Firebird brand, is better than a 1982 Trans Am, or as you originally pitched, a 2008 Shelby GT500KR, is laughable at best, and proves that you just don’t have a clue about maintaining the integrity of the characters or their history.

Don’t worry though, your post has just become the joke of the day, and rest assured, we’re laughing with you, not at you... honest. :lol: ;)

Matt

Mikah Knight
Stranger

Post by Mikah Knight » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:13 pm

Hey there!

I was just going to suggest that we all create an episode 19 together after this one in an RPG fashion so everyone doesn't get confused.

Basically every person interested in continuing will be assigned a character in which they write about. We will need characters for Billy, Zoe, KITT (3000), Michael Knight, Sarah, Dr. Graiman (since we brought him back in this episode), KARR, someone who will be charged with the sole task of writing strictly the plot/scenes since the characters are usually involved with dialogue, and of course we will need 'guest stars' or people who will write the guest villians/characters who come on to the show.

I would be most honored if I could be the one to write KITT 3000. I suppose we could all volunteer for which characters we want to write? Please let me know what you think.

As for this current episode, I must sit this one out since I've missed too much, lol. I will humbly await your responses. Thank you!

-Mikah Knight :kitt:

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:01 pm

Welcome to Knight Rider Online Mikah! ;)
I swear we're nice people...

You'll have to teach me what or how the Role play thing goes though.

As Per Matt and KvK....
Dudes, is this story still going or am I the only writer left besides DJGM?
If I have time, I'll give you another scene later on.

You'all take Care now. :)
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

KITT_Vs._KARR
Operative

Post by KITT_Vs._KARR » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:54 pm

My_Friend_KITT wrote:Welcome to Knight Rider Online Mikah! ;)
I swear we're nice people...

You'll have to teach me what or how the Role play thing goes though.

As Per Matt and KvK....
Dudes, is this story still going or am I the only writer left besides DJGM?
If I have time, I'll give you another scene later on.

You'all take Care now. :)
I'm done here... Matt... Whatever dude. I know its just to hard for you to understand and all... CYA.

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:56 am

KITT_Vs._KARR wrote:I'm done here... Matt... Whatever dude. I know its just to hard for you to understand and all... CYA.
You know, you may be hard-headed son of a gun, but I do find it hilarious that you've been using the "old never out does new" argument when you were the one who tried to replace a 2008 GT500KR with a 2002 Trans Am.

Come to think of it though, given that you can't keep track of your stance from one page to the next, what with you liking the old school Trans Am one minute, and not the next, maybe it is me that doesn't understand. After all, it's hard to keep up with a flip flopper. :lol: ;)

Anyways, adios, and peace amigo. :good:

Matt

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Re: Our own Episode 18 - Additional Discussion

Post by DJGM » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:12 am

A quick note ... this discussion thread was not actually started by myself. It has been
split from the main "Our Own Episode 18" thread, containing the ongoing storyline.

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:57 am

Indeed it has DJGM. My apologies for forgetting to make a note of it. :good:

Matt

KITT_Vs._KARR
Operative

Post by KITT_Vs._KARR » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:54 pm

Matthew wrote:
KITT_Vs._KARR wrote:I'm done here... Matt... Whatever dude. I know its just to hard for you to understand and all... CYA.
You know, you may be hard-headed son of a gun, but I do find it hilarious that you've been using the "old never out does new" argument when you were the one who tried to replace a 2008 GT500KR with a 2002 Trans Am.

Come to think of it though, given that you can't keep track of your stance from one page to the next, what with you liking the old school Trans Am one minute, and not the next, maybe it is me that doesn't understand. After all, it's hard to keep up with a flip flopper. :lol: ;)

Anyways, adios, and peace amigo. :good:

Matt
I replaced the mustered stain. Why? Because it was totaled. I love the old school trans am, and i am not a flip flopper.

You did get one thing right, i am hard headed. and just so ya know, its not an 2008 Mustered Stain, it was an 05 Mustered Stained GT.

So who care's if i wanted an 02 TA, the key word here was trying to make them look like brothers. But you must of missed that point..

Also, old Vs. new, you must not of gotten it when i said "Which was the Original Knight 3000" in my part of the story? Yeah, i think you missed that....

Anywho... Just another day in paradise....

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:36 pm

Woo Hoo, that was fun! I was trying to get caught up in reading to be able to post... looks like I didn't make it. Did we ever resolve what happened to Tebogo Kuna?

I nominate Matt to start off episode 19.
Do we need any new ground rules first? How many sentences at once is too many or anything like that? Though I think it worked out just great without too many rules. Great work everyone!! :good:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Luke_windstyle
Rookie

Post by Luke_windstyle » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:47 pm

Sue wrote:Woo Hoo, that was fun! I was trying to get caught up in reading to be able to post... looks like I didn't make it. Did we ever resolve what happened to Tebogo Kuna?

I nominate Matt to start off episode 19.
Do we need any new ground rules first? How many sentences at once is too many or anything like that? Though I think it worked out just great without too many rules. Great work everyone!! :good:
If not that can be episode 19 :P

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:16 pm

Since new KR Season 2 has now (unofficially) started on this forum with a fan-fic episode
called "Knight's Fury", I think perhaps Tebogo Kuna could well return later in the season.

Meanwhile ... I'd like to suggest "Knightfall" as the title of the Episode 18 fan-fic story.

mustang_fan91
Rookie

Post by mustang_fan91 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:28 pm

what about ki2t and michael knight sr?
KI3T: "I have something we need to discuss. It's important."
Mike: "Dude, It's been a really long day and if you're secretly falling in love with me, I'm going to be awfully upset"

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:20 am

Sorry...I should have read here before posting there (Season 2)...
I have already gotten Tebogo's character back into the game...
He still required a bit of closure for me.

Anyway,
I loved doing this fanfic story and am excited about the next. Oh Yeah! Bring it on.!
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!