Mysterious white car

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

K.A.R.R. (09)
Operative

Mysterious white car

Post by K.A.R.R. (09) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:09 pm

Ok, if you go on NBC and watch the TOS episode Give Me Liberty or give me Death, if you pause at exactly 03:42-03:47, you can see KITT driving down a road thats by a lake of some sort. there is a white car parked by it and I've seen this same footage in a previous episode. what is this car and why is it reused? Its a camera shot from above.
:karr: :kitt:

ex812
Recruit

Re: Mysterious white car

Post by ex812 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:33 pm

No Mystery to it. It just happens to be a car parked on the road when they shot that scene. They often reused shots in the series. Why shoot a new shot of KITT driving down the road when they can reuse an old one.

K.A.R.R. (09)
Operative

Post by K.A.R.R. (09) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:51 pm

one_man
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by one_man » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:54 pm

K.A.R.R. (09) wrote:Ok, if you go on NBC and watch the TOS episode Give Me Liberty or give me Death, if you pause at exactly 03:42-03:47, you can see KITT driving down a road thats by a lake of some sort. there is a white car parked by it and I've seen this same footage in a previous episode. what is this car and why is it reused? Its a camera shot from above.
:karr: :kitt:
FYI, this lake appeared in different perspective in at least 10 episodes.
It's location is posted on:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11725&start=50#p137210" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11725&start=50#p137234" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In fact, I kind of parked at the same location as the white car when I visited this lake.
-- I am one man who does not exist.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:09 am

ex812 wrote:No Mystery to it. It just happens to be a car parked on the road when they shot that scene. They often reused shots in the series. Why shoot a new shot of KITT driving down the road when they can reuse an old one.
Maybe one of the crew or the Director's car who wants to leave another personal print on the show :lol: Image :kitt:

2K&3KKITT
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by 2K&3KKITT » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:43 pm

Yeah, they did it all of the time. Like the jail break from the first show. They use it again later on in the season (I can't remember which one). They always used the same shots at different times.
SAVE KNIGHT RIDER! Sign this petition! I was #205! One of the first!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:kittspin:
Read my Stories!
http://kileandkasey.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:46 pm

You get the same thing happening in the second season episode "Blind Spot." In the scene where John is gunned down in the mall parking lot, there is a white VW Beetle in the background in a few spots, including just as Michael is speeding out of the parking lot to get the gunmen, and then the exact same car is seen on the street as Michael is chasing the gunmen. We all know there's no way a Beetle, of any make, could beat KITT anywhere.