KR prequel fan film proposal.

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

KR prequel fan film proposal.

Post by PunkMaister » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:49 am

After an extensive chat session with other fans like SNAFFU, KARR etc in which I presented the idea for some fan film based on the sucess of fan films from other franchises such as Stargate, Star Wars etc. And we settled for a prequel set in the late 1970's with a Young Grayman and a far healthier and in better shape Wilton Knight as they both work on what is to become KITT2K since is a prequel none of the characters from either the TOS or KR08 would be required in any way, shape or form.

So what do any of you think of the idea?

User avatar
T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:31 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: EASTERN MA.

Re: KR prequel fan film proposal.

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:34 am

VERY COOL.....go for it!

THO I've BEEN WORKING ON A STORYLINE THAT INVOLVED A PREQUEL PROJECT THAT PRE-DATED KARR,KITT,post- dated KAMO ( Knight automated model one ) & was discovered by Dr Barstow & put into operation after creation*

Once I finish the story ( ALL 26 CHAPTERS) I shall put it on here along with it's predecessor story I wrote a few yrs ago & had fun doing it,BOTH...a labor of love kept in the best tradition of Knightrider with very little varyings....!

AND FOR THOSE WHO DON'T GET ACRONYMS....

K.A.R.R.= Knight Automated Roving Robot
K.I.T.T.= Knight Industries two thousand
T.A.H.O.E.= Tactical Automated Heavy Operations Endeavor*
F.L.A.G.= Foundation for Law And Government
M.B.S. = Molecular Bonded Shell
S.P.M. = Super Pursuit Mode
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: KR prequel fan film proposal.

Post by PunkMaister » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:13 pm

Well that's coll but the reason this is posted here is because t0 make this a reality we need the support of the fellow fans and whatever help they can offer.
SNAFFU has yet to pen the scrip but hopefully he will post it here when he is done...

User avatar
Knight007
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 975
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:58 am

Re: KR prequel fan film proposal.

Post by Knight007 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:28 am

The Idea is great, it will allow us to re0live the 1980s and see the birth of KITT in a Trans Am. and if it happens then it will answer alot of questions like why did they chose a Trans Am as KITT and maybe it will give some light about KARR. This is going to be a very good movie, if there is any one to take it forward Image :kitt:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: KR prequel fan film proposal.

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:27 am

Knight007 wrote:The Idea is great, it will allow us to re0live the 1980s and see the birth of KITT in a Trans Am. and if it happens then it will answer alot of questions like why did they chose a Trans Am as KITT and maybe it will give some light about KARR. This is going to be a very good movie, if there is any one to take it forward Image :kitt:


Actually it would be set a little farther like in the 1970's when Wilton was a tad younger and much healthier and an obviously young Dr Grayman working together to make what would latter on become KITT2K it may not necessarily be a Trans Am in fact the very first prototype could be a 1970's mustang and then latter on they opt for a Pontiac instead that way it would show how the idea naturally evolved it would tie in the 2 shows perfectly as it would show that what Grayman did with KITT3K is go back to the beginning if you will, anyway Snafu is yet to pen anything all we have is this loud spoken sniblets, once a script materializes then the rest of the fandom can sure pitch in with whatever help they can give to make this work of love for the franchise a reality, I guess I just figured if other fandoms that I also am very much a part off such as Stargate have successfully done not one but 2 fanfilms (well there is one more that is a crossover but not with the same quality as the first 2, but not too shabby either) then why cannot we do the same? Is about time I'd say... :good:

User avatar
Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:55 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Hengelo, The Netherlands

Re: KR prequel fan film proposal.

Post by Solid Snake » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:32 am

PunkMaister wrote:
Knight007 wrote:The Idea is great, it will allow us to re0live the 1980s and see the birth of KITT in a Trans Am. and if it happens then it will answer alot of questions like why did they chose a Trans Am as KITT and maybe it will give some light about KARR. This is going to be a very good movie, if there is any one to take it forward Image :kitt:


Actually it would be set a little farther like in the 1970's when Wilton was a tad younger and much healthier and an obviously young Dr Grayman working together to make what would latter on become KITT2K it may not necessarily be a Trans Am in fact the very first prototype could be a 1970's mustang and then latter on they opt for a Pontiac instead that way it would show how the idea naturally evolved it would tie in the 2 shows perfectly as it would show that what Grayman did with KITT3K is go back to the beginning if you will, anyway Snafu is yet to pen anything all we have is this loud spoken sniblets, once a script materializes then the rest of the fandom can sure pitch in with whatever help they can give to make this work of love for the franchise a reality, I guess I just figured if other fandoms that I also am very much a part off such as Stargate have successfully done not one but 2 fanfilms (well there is one more that is a crossover but not with the same quality as the first 2, but not too shabby either) then why cannot we do the same? Is about time I'd say... :good:


Hm... yes or have a prototype of a Mustang in which it turns out the technology just did not fit and then Charles say "It just won't fit in there... hmm... if only it could shape shift".
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

User avatar
Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: London, England
Contact:

Re: KR prequel fan film proposal.

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:43 am

And don't forget to include Hank! :)

That period is a really good choice, and a fertile ground for stories in the Knight Rider mythology. You could really tie everything together and fill in a lot of blank spots... Graiman's relationship with Wilton and "The Original Team" assembled to build K.I.T.T.... the formation of FLAG... Ken Franklyn and CJ Jackson... K.A.R.R.... Garthe and Elizabeth, and the disintegration of their relationship with Wilton... I'm sure you could fit Jennifer Traceur in there somehow.

Keep us updated with your progress!

User avatar
T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:31 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: EASTERN MA.

Re: KR prequel fan film proposal.

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:00 pm

I CONCUR....& WILL KEEP ALL INFORMED....i'LL LET ALL KNOW WHEN i PUT MY EPIC ON HERE!
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: KR prequel fan film proposal.

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:13 pm

Knight Rider Archive wrote:And don't forget to include Hank! :)

That period is a really good choice, and a fertile ground for stories in the Knight Rider mythology. You could really tie everything together and fill in a lot of blank spots... Graiman's relationship with Wilton and "The Original Team" assembled to build K.I.T.T.... the formation of FLAG... Ken Franklyn and CJ Jackson... K.A.R.R.... Garthe and Elizabeth, and the disintegration of their relationship with Wilton... I'm sure you could fit Jennifer Traceur in there somehow.

Keep us updated with your progress!


Well as I said Snafuu has yet to pen anything concrete but as soon as something tangible is up we will post it here that is a promise... :good:

User avatar
K.A.R.R. (09)
Operative
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:01 pm

Re: KR prequel fan film proposal.

Post by K.A.R.R. (09) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:46 am

KARR would have to be shown first, after all he was built 6 months before KITT was.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: KR prequel fan film proposal.

Post by PunkMaister » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:17 pm

K.A.R.R. (09) wrote:KARR would have to be shown first, after all he was built 6 months before KITT was.


Yes indeed in fact I think this should all start out as a pet military project of the CIA codenamed Project M.A.R.V (Military.Automated.Roving.Vehicle) which was born as consequence of the success of the then former Soviet union in sending ROVs to the moon. A think tank is formed lead by the entrepreneur Wilton Knight Chairman of Knight Industries a rewnowned Defense Dept contractor. Right next to Boeing and Lockheed Martin. And then MIT student and Robotics Genius Grayman. As Wilton bankrolls the project the first prototype K.A.R.R is borne but as we know things go wrong from the start. Soon both Wilton and Grayman realize not just how dangerous then technoly they have created would be in the wrong hands but that creating an AI with destructive tendencies could in some day spell Doomsday for mankind as a whole so they abandon the M.A.R.V project and set out on their own to create an AI that would actually benefit mankind and not destroy it. The K.I.T.T concept is thus born. And off course as the breakup occurs the CIA keeps the blueprints for the KARR CPU which is why they were able to recreate it after KITT2K destroyed the then revamped KARR back in the 80's but we are getting ahead of ourselves here a bit...


I love this mythology! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Knight007
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 975
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:58 am

Re: KR prequel fan film proposal.

Post by Knight007 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:19 am

Knight Rider is a great source of Idea for movies and TV to be made. the problem is with the rights being controled by NBC. I really belive if these rights were with someother network, we would have found alot of KR creations and ideas available. Image :kitt:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: KR prequel fan film proposal.

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Knight007 wrote:Knight Rider is a great source of Idea for movies and TV to be made. the problem is with the rights being controled by NBC. I really belive if these rights were with someother network, we would have found alot of KR creations and ideas available. Image :kitt:

This is a fanfilm though so since there is no money to be made there really should be no problem

User avatar
tamatt27
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 773
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:37 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: ATX
Contact:

Re: KR prequel fan film proposal.

Post by tamatt27 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:25 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
K.A.R.R. (09) wrote:KARR would have to be shown first, after all he was built 6 months before KITT was.


Yes indeed in fact I think this should all start out as a pet military project of the CIA codenamed Project M.A.R.V (Military.Automated.Roving.Vehicle) which was born as consequence of the success of the then former Soviet union in sending ROVs to the moon. A think tank is formed lead by the entrepreneur Wilton Knight Chairman of Knight Industries a rewnowned Defense Dept contractor. Right next to Boeing and Lockheed Martin. And then MIT student and Robotics Genius Grayman. As Wilton bankrolls the project the first prototype K.A.R.R is borne but as we know things go wrong from the start. Soon both Wilton and Grayman realize not just how dangerous then technoly they have created would be in the wrong hands but that creating an AI with destructive tendencies could in some day spell Doomsday for mankind as a whole so they abandon the M.A.R.V project and set out on their own to create an AI that would actually benefit mankind and not destroy it. The K.I.T.T concept is thus born. And off course as the breakup occurs the CIA keeps the blueprints for the KARR CPU which is why they were able to recreate it after KITT2K destroyed the then revamped KARR back in the 80's but we are getting ahead of ourselves here a bit...


I love this mythology! :mrgreen:

That sound awesome! Keep us updated on the progress! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help!
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: KR prequel fan film proposal.

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:36 pm

tamatt27 wrote:That sound awesome! Keep us updated on the progress! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

As soon as something is officially penned it will be posted here 'till then...

User avatar
Knight007
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 975
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:58 am

Re: KR prequel fan film proposal.

Post by Knight007 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:57 am

Considereing how bad the financial situation is for NBC, they may come after you after making the film and tell you "Hay, you didnt get some kind of approval from the rights owner so we will go to court" :lol: I mean its a bad network, so you may never know what they will do. Image :kitt:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: KR prequel fan film proposal.

Post by PunkMaister » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:20 am

Knight007 wrote:Considereing how bad the financial situation is for NBC, they may come after you after making the film and tell you "Hay, you didnt get some kind of approval from the rights owner so we will go to court" :lol: I mean its a bad network, so you may never know what they will do. Image :kitt:

Then they would be royally screwed because they would be going after a non lucrative film made by people who for the most part are more far more peniless than they are! :lol:

User avatar
Rainack
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 284
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:43 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Squaw Valley, CA
Contact:

Re: KR prequel fan film proposal.

Post by Rainack » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:43 pm

I don't think NBC can do much about it, as long as the film is offered for download for free. Right before Star Wars Episode III came out, a group of people used their own money to put together an awesome fan made Star Wars movie called Star Wars Revelations. They spent their own money for all of the special effects, etc. It is available for free download. They even have the soundtrack for it available for free download on the same site. I downloaded it myself when it first came out. I think it's still available, but I don't remember the website. I would think that if anyone were going to go after anyone for copyright infringement, it would have been Lucasfilm after these guys. As far as I know, Lucasfilm turned a blind eye because it was offered free.
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: KR prequel fan film proposal.

Post by PunkMaister » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:27 pm

Rainack wrote:I don't think NBC can do much about it, as long as the film is offered for download for free. Right before Star Wars Episode III came out, a group of people used their own money to put together an awesome fan made Star Wars movie called Star Wars Revelations. They spent their own money for all of the special effects, etc. It is available for free download. They even have the soundtrack for it available for free download on the same site. I downloaded it myself when it first came out. I think it's still available, but I don't remember the website. I would think that if anyone were going to go after anyone for copyright infringement, it would have been Lucasfilm after these guys. As far as I know, Lucasfilm turned a blind eye because it was offered free.


Indeed here is another example of a very successful Fanfilm SG2: The 9th symbol.

User avatar
Rainack
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 284
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:43 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Squaw Valley, CA
Contact:

Re: KR prequel fan film proposal.

Post by Rainack » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:46 pm

Cool! I'm downloading it right now. I'm a huge SG-1 fan! :)
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: KR prequel fan film proposal.

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:07 pm

Well isn't amazing how the weather changes! Now all of a sudden and just because one individual doesn't like the idea and doesn't like fan involvement in general one of those that were solidly behind this project decides that we should cancel it just on the grounds that this person VicTor Kross does not like the idea! :x

Now unless this individual is the one that runs exclusively things around here and this community is some sort of dictatorship and I'm the last to find out I see this a a load of crap!

So to anyone that reads this should this project be canceled just because Mr Kross doesn't like it? I personally as you can see do not agree with that assessment but do you?

User avatar
MKnight1984
Rookie
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:56 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
Contact:

Re: KR prequel fan film proposal.

Post by MKnight1984 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:21 pm

PunkMaister wrote:Well isn't amazing how the weather changes! Now all of a sudden and just because one individual doesn't like the idea and doesn't like fan involvement in general one of those that were solidly behind this project decides that we should cancel it just on the grounds that this person VicTor Kross does not like the idea! :x

Now unless this individual is the one that runs exclusively things around here and this community is some sort of dictatorship and I'm the last to find out I see this a a load of crap!

So to anyone that reads this should this project be canceled just because Mr Kross doesn't like it? I personally as you can see do not agree with that assessment but do you?




He never said that so get over it and this is your project only you can decide that... Wooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww.... What are we 3??

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: KR prequel fan film proposal.

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:02 pm

MKnight1984 wrote:He never said that so get over it and this is your project only you can decide that... Wooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww.... What are we 3??


And I never said that V.K is the one that said the show should be canned but that someone else did based solely on V.K's opinion. But now even that has turned to be as result of that person being angry at something else, so this last few posts have been for nothing and just Rants of the moment...

User avatar
knightofthephoenix
Operative
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: KR prequel fan film proposal.

Post by knightofthephoenix » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:09 pm

Can we leave Charles Graiman and the rest of the KR08 mythology out of it?

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: KR prequel fan film proposal.

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:30 pm

knightofthephoenix wrote:Can we leave Charles Graiman and the rest of the KR08 mythology out of it?



I'm sorry but no this is not going to be a fanfilm to cater to the Purists TOS only crowd. Besides it is obvious that Wilton did not built and design the damn thing all by himself as he was an entrepreneur not an scientist. We know that Devon was not the one that designed it either as he just ran FLAG. Bonnie was basically just a mechanic that came in latter in the show as well so is not her either so you would have to basically invent an scientist that did it which is LAME!

Locked