One more "Knight Rider" project - need your help!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ilana
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

One more "Knight Rider" project - need your help!

Post by ilana » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:25 am

What if some people are living on other planets? And working for Low and Government in the space?

One day a group of space police rescues a man. He lost his memory and remembers only that his name is Michael Knight. They help him and find out that there is something very strange in his past...

Hi guys!
As a person who works with 3d computer graphics, I'm going to revive the idea of "KR", using 3d programs.
(You can check out some of my works here http://www.davidhasselhoff.com/profile/Anastasia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). I'm very enthusiastic about this ideal, because I love 3d and I love Knight Rider. For now, I can say only a few things.
Unfortunatelly, I cannot promise an animation movie, cause it's too difficult - I want beautiful graphics. For now I see it more like a book with lots of pictures. It will not be any continuation of the original KR, or KR08, because of the author rights. BUT there will be Michael Knight - "David Hasselhoff" and a talking machine, as well as the idea "one man...". :lol:

The consept of new KITT is a bit difficult for me. I know that some of you are very good at cars and other machines. I would be grateful you you could give me some ideas. :D

ianruk
Rookie

Re: One more "Knight Rider" project - need your help!

Post by ianruk » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:40 pm

knight rider in space??

sorry but this is a terrible idea

i love knight rider but this idea is just stupid and worthless

ilana
Rookie

Post by ilana » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:59 am

ianruk wrote:knight rider in space??

sorry but this is a terrible idea

i love knight rider but this idea is just stupid and worthless
Give me a better idea, if you are so clever.

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:08 am

ianruk wrote:i love knight rider but this idea is just stupid and worthless
Whether you like the idea or not, there's no need to be so rude Ian. Image

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:20 pm

ianruk wrote:i love knight rider but this idea is just stupid and worthless
Kind of like your post?

ilana
Rookie

Post by ilana » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:45 am

As far as I've told, I cannot follow the original story line. I don't want to have problems because of the author rights. Otherwize, I would think about the continuation of the original series.
But it is not quite right to say "Knight Rider in space"... It's too obscure. I need some time to work with my consept. It has not been completely finished. Just wait to discuss it. It's just too early.

I started this topic to listen to your wishes about the new car. So lets concentrate on this point, please.
Should it fly?
How should it look?
What new features should it have?

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:33 am

The big elemnt of Knight Rider is the car, right? We always want to see how KITT actes and behave on its own, drive it self and so on. If you get KR to space, it will be flying insted of driving.
I dont know, but for me as old KR fan, I dont see this as very good idea. Dont get me wrong, its a shot, but dont really like that much Image :kitt:

ilana
Rookie

Post by ilana » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:39 am

Knight007 wrote:If you get KR to space, it will be flying insted of driving.
No, no. Of cause, I agree with you. It will be more "Knight Rider" on other planet. In fact, there might be everything you want, because nobody knows what's going on other planets. :roll: So it will ride. And maybe will have a fly-mode. :lol:

For now, I've found a few pics that seemed to me to be interesting. What do you think?
#1:

#2:

#3:

I'd like to combine #3 and #2.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:35 am

Come on! Don't be so negative and bash someone because they have an idea that's "stupid" in your opinion! KR in space is an interesting idea. It definitely fits the sci-fi mood. :)
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Wildbayres
Operative

Post by Wildbayres » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:04 pm

Well.... a have a very simple question. Why Michael Knight? The whole idea of behind knight rider is set on everybody's mind. Unfortunately you are going against everything everybody cherishes about it.
I would recomend, do the same exact thing you want, but keep the characters of Michael Knight alone.
Have the hoff, and call him Peter Gonzales if you want.
If you do the story, everybody is going to compare it to the original, and saying things like "this cant be" "it doesnt make sense" etc, and people are not going to enjoy it as a story. Also, the cars you show are very nice, but its not kitt. It would be like when they change actor of the main character in your favorite tv show. it doesnt work.
You have to study what people want. and give it to them. If you read the few posts above, you'll see that the idea is not gonna be that succesfull.
Just take a look at knight rider 2008 and how much people hated it. probably the few people that liked it, where younger audience that were never introduced to the original. All people did was comparing it to the original. You don't want that for your story, so if you feel like doing a talking car with a guy driving it, go for it. but dont use the names kitt or michael knight. (plus, im sure, michael knight is soooooo copyrighted, youll still get in trouble) :good:
Check out my 3D KITT (1982 Trans Am):
viewtopic.php?f=1044&t=14309&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ilana
Rookie

Post by ilana » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:13 am

Wildbayres wrote:Well.... a have a very simple question. Why Michael Knight?
Ah, you are right! The name of the guy should not be Michael Knight. I'll think about another name.
As well as the car definitely is not KITT. He will have another name, as well.

By the way, I'm completely admaring your KITT! :)

Wildbayres
Operative

Post by Wildbayres » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:59 am

Thank you so much Ilana! =)

Also i was thinking.... If the story occurs in space, then I would most likely be in the future. Mr Knight should be kind of dead by then.. hahha.

Also, Remeber Baywatch, and then Baywatch Nights? Well.... they took the hoff out the beach and into detective work at night.... It did not do well....

I would be nice to do a prequel of michael long! Finishing up the story at the Pontia dealership Buying the Trans Am
Check out my 3D KITT (1982 Trans Am):
viewtopic.php?f=1044&t=14309&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ilana
Rookie

Post by ilana » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:17 am

Thanks for the comments! That's interesting to know your opinoon. :D Although I did not understand your idea about Michael Long quite well... What did you mean? :roll:

No problem with the future. It will be another guy, not Michael Knight, and another clever car.
As for Baywatch Nights and Knight Rider 2008, I think they failed mostly because of careless work...

Anyway, back to the theme, I'd like to here ideas, wishes, thought about anything related to the possible 3d project!