Could the show go on in webisodes in the meantime?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Could the show go on in webisodes in the meantime?

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:35 pm

Broadcasting shows online through the web completely independently of networks has become popular as of late and I wonder if the same thing could be done with KR08.

What do you think?

Lexicon
Operative

Re: Could the show go on in webisodes in the meantime?

Post by Lexicon » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:59 am

PunkMaister wrote:Broadcasting shows online through the web completely independently of networks has become popular as of late and I wonder if the same thing could be done with KR08.

What do you think?
Yes, it's possible if things lined up correctly but they would have to keep the "webisodes" as simple as possible. More drama than action. There's no way that they could do anything on the scale of what you've seen before with the entire production being shut down and boxed up right now as webisodes are always done while a show is in production. They would also need sponsorship which isn't something they ever had for the show from anyone other than Ford.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:02 pm

Lexicon wrote:
PunkMaister wrote:Broadcasting shows online through the web completely independently of networks has become popular as of late and I wonder if the same thing could be done with KR08.

What do you think?
Yes, it's possible if things lined up correctly but they would have to keep the "webisodes" as simple as possible. More drama than action. There's no way that they could do anything on the scale of what you've seen before with the entire production being shut down and boxed up right now as webisodes are always done while a show is in production. They would also need sponsorship which isn't something they ever had for the show from anyone other than Ford.
Not necesarily just Drama I mean look at other webisode series that started out online such as Sanctuary! . I think in the end Webisodes will be the norm and not the exception.

But yes some kind of financial support would be needed...

JimmySlick
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by JimmySlick » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:55 pm

The financial aspect is the biggest problem. Webisodes wont make nearly as much money, or get nearly as large an audience as getting broadcast on t.v.
--------------
http://fit-review.com