Diffrent Directions that you could go with Knight rider

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kerryduke
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Diffrent Directions that you could go with Knight rider

Post by kerryduke » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:42 pm

First off I just wanna say I hate remakes because they either get them right or wrong.With the New Knight rider if they would've not added the transforming and they should have not added all the characters into the show which I thought was overkill for the show and would've kept the formula they used for the pilot movie then Knight Rider 08 would still be on.The last 8 episodes were good.There were a few episodes during the first half of the season that were good.Like I've always said the main characters should have been Micheal Knight Jr. Kitt, Dr.Charles Graiman,Micheal Knight Sr,Sara and maybe Carrie.I would make Carrie have cameo's apperance here and there whenever they needed help from the FBI.David Hasseloff wouldn't be on every episode either.Not to sure if I would have Zoe on the show ?Another thing Im tired of people saying is that kitt should've been the trans-am .I had this dissucison today at work.What there dumb ass fail to understand is that Gm proabally didn't give them permission to use it.If that was the case then a trans-am would've been used in knight rider 2000.Also I truly do think if Gm would've gave them permission to use the trans-am that it would've been used in 08 pilot.I hate having that argument with people about how they should've used a trans-am.Well anyway so what do you do with Knight Rider now.I mean GST pretty much killed it.Do you continue the series with making straight to dvd movies.Or do you wait couple years down the road and remake the series again.By having it come on a diffrent network beside channel 4.You could always remake it by having Micheal take over for Devon when he dies and have Micheal recruit someone new to drive Kitt or a new Kitt.The reason why I say a new kitt is if just any case william Daniels doesn't want to do the voice again.SO i say get Will Arnett to do it.I would create a character that is kindy similar to Dr.Graiman or Lucius Fox Type character From Batman.maybe this character bought half of the Knight Industiries from Jennifer Knight.I would not make the new Knight Rider Micheal Son since that would be similar to Knight Rider 08.I might make it Jennifer Knight son who decides to name him after Micheal.Far as the car goes.I would go the Chris Nolan route.I would just build a car from the ground up. I would make it look something like a trans-am.That way people will stop bitching.Here's my cast.

Micheal Knight sr......... David Hasseloff

Micheal Knight....... Ian Somerhalder

Bonnie Daughter........ Kate Mara

Dr.Charles graiman type character...... Steven Brand

Kitt Voice....... William Daniels or Will Arnett

The car can either be Corvette z06 or a special car built for the movie just as long as its not ugly like the one in Knight rider 2000.

Stealthwalker
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Diffrent Directions that you could go with Knight rider

Post by Stealthwalker » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:32 pm

I agree that the next time Knight Rider should ever appear either on the t.v. screen or silver screen that rebooting the story would be a better method of reviving the franchise. Instead of making continuations or remakes and etc. out of it, that way Knight Rider can have a new beginning with the same premise as the original series but not necessarily being of any connection to TOS & all of the other shows. The only connections that the motion picture should have to TOS that the characters are the same just with a new story and timeline. And Knight Rider should be rebooted in the same fashions as "Batman & James Bond".
Stealthwalker aka "Tha Lone Crusader"

"We Meet Again". As quoted by Garthe Knight in "Goliath & Goliath Returns"

JimmyPSHayes
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Diffrent Directions that you could go with Knight rider

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:15 pm

I agree with the reboot. The new movie shouldn't really have ANY ties to any previous continuity. The only problem with THAT who wants to sit through another origin movie right? WRONG! MOST of the general public probably didn't watch KR08, and if they did, it looks like it was only the pilot. So, I believe a big screen reboot would be VERY successful. I don't think I'd want it to be star powered either. I'd put "headliners" in the Devon, Wilton, and villain role. Id' let Michael by played by an unknown/lesser known-BUT make sure that they can ACT and have CHARISMA!!!! I really like the 08 series, but there were time, IMHO, that JB seemed less than perfect to play the son of a VERY charismatic guy like Hasselhoff.