Michael Knight in Team Knight Rider ?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Michael Knight in Team Knight Rider ?

Post by Josch Schulz » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:57 pm

Hey Guys :idea: :kitt:

Who played Michael Knight in Team Knight Rider?
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Re: Michael Knight in Team Knight Rider ?

Post by stelios_z28 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:35 am

MICHAEL KNIGHT DID NOT PLAY IN TKR!

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:34 pm

Yes he did he's in the closing minuets of Legion of Doom, don't know who played him though.
Είναι καλύτερο να θεωρηθεί ως ανόητος, από να ανοιχτεί το στόμα σας και να αφαιρεθεί όλη η αμφιβολία.

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:09 pm

I just checked and it doesn't look like anyone was credited for the part, maybe because we only ever see him from the back. Somebody else around here has to know who it was.

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:18 pm

I think VK is going to be the best bet to know this, whatever my diffrences with him he does know his stuff.
Είναι καλύτερο να θεωρηθεί ως ανόητος, από να ανοιχτεί το στόμα σας και να αφαιρεθεί όλη η αμφιβολία.

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:12 pm

Well if I had to bet I would put my money on Mike Pajaro knowing who it was. lol I wonder if teamknightrider.com is still around? hmm...

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:58 pm

Afraid this is a mystery that will never be solved. Whomever the stand in for Michael Knight was in Legion of Doom, he has no credits listed anywhere that I know of. Perhaps Michael Pajaro might have more info.

Michael Knight's tombstone with the incorrect "Foundation OF Law and Government" seal on it seen in TKR is currently owned by none other than Don Colie of Advanced Designs. He also has a screen used season four leather jacket signed and worn by David Hasselhoff. (you can find photos of it inside The Knight Rider Companion.)

Interestingly enough though...

Roland Kickinger who played "Roland" in the episodes of TKR titled Legion of Doom and The Iron Maiden recently had another minor yet important role as of late - he was the body double for Arnold Schwarzenegger's T-800 cameo in Terminator: Salvation.

I know that doesn't answer your question but I thought it was a fun little fact to mention.

=VK=
:dash:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:59 pm

The character of Michael Knight does in fact appear in the final episode of Team Knight Rider. He is only shown from the back; it was not David Hasselhoff. The producers were hoping to bring Hasselhoff in for a guest appearance in Season 2, but I don't think negotiations ever went very far. I don't know much more than that.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:39 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:The character of Michael Knight does in fact appear in the final episode of Team Knight Rider. He is only shown from the back; it was not David Hasselhoff. The producers were hoping to bring Hasselhoff in for a guest appearance in Season 2, but I don't think negotiations ever went very far. I don't know much more than that.
- It's an Unsolved Mystery, quick someone get Robert Stack! Oh wait a minute he's dead. Uh what about Jonathan Frakes?

=VK=

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:17 am

It was Steve Forrest, who played 'Shadow' in the TKR episodes. He was a well-known actor who had guest appearances in many TV shows.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:28 am

Knight Rider Archive wrote:It was Steve Forrest, who played 'Shadow' in the TKR episodes. He was a well-known actor who had guest appearances in many TV shows.
KRA Paul to the rescue :D :good: !
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:29 am

No one asked about who played "Shadow" aka the K.I.T.T. hologram? They asked about Michael Knight in TKR and no one knows the answer to that question.

=VK=

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:22 am

Steve Forrest, who played 'Shadow' in TKR, was the same person who appeared at the end of 'Legion of Doom' as 'Michael Knight'. The producers said that it was their original intention throughout filming the series that 'Shadow' was Michael Knight, and the reveal that it was actually K.I.T.T. came late in the game. They were performed by the same actor.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:17 pm

Wow, interesting bit of info there, I never knew that was the original intention but pretty cool nonetheless! :good:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:08 pm

Knight Rider Archive wrote:Steve Forrest, who played 'Shadow' in TKR, was the same person who appeared at the end of 'Legion of Doom' as 'Michael Knight'. The producers said that it was their original intention throughout filming the series that 'Shadow' was Michael Knight, and the reveal that it was actually K.I.T.T. came late in the game. They were performed by the same actor.
Where did the producers "say" this? I'd like to know a source. I'm suprised you know about this and Michael Pajaro does not. He's like the biggest TKR fan out there that I know.

=VK=

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:46 pm

Victor Kros wrote:Where did the producers "say" this? I'd like to know a source. I'm suprised you know about this and Michael Pajaro does not. He's like the biggest TKR fan out there that I know.
No problem, I'm always happy to credit a source. Actually, the producers 'said' in correspondence with Mike Pajaro:
The fact that the Shadow is KITT was an idea that came late to us as we were developing scripts. Our initial intention was to make the Shadow Michael Knight. But we thought it would be far more interesting if the Shadow was actually a hologram that was inside SkyOne all the time. The computer chip of KITT. We hadn't figured out who placed it in there, but it does seem to make sense that it was Michael Knight, who shows up at the very end of LOD.
http://www.teamknightrider.com/copp/copp.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

'Shadow' was played by Steve Forrest in 'Angels in Chains' and 'Legion of Doom,' and it's he who introduces himself as 'Michael Knight' at the end. Had there been a Season 2, they hoped for Hasselhoff's participation to take over.
- Paul