Our own Episode 18

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Our own Episode 18

Post by Matthew » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:32 pm

With the semi out in the Mojave Desert, and KITT back inside the Knight 2000, Michael slipped into the PMD driver’s seat... “Would have been weird trying to get used to that thing anyway pal. It wasn’t exactly a nice looking machine,” Michael noted.

“And to think, when Charles presented the idea of putting the Knight 3000 inside it, I was jealous,” KITT conceded.

“It’s natural, we’re both getting old buddy, and in that brief moment, the desire to jump into a new body and feel young again would be appealing to anyone who’s clocked up the miles we have,” Michael replied with a smile.

"I suppose that's true Michael," KITT admitted... "Perhaps this was fate's way of preventing me from being able to succumb to that moment?!”

“I guess it must have been buddy,” Michael noted with a smile, reminding KITT that it was the products of their time that had kept them alive for so long, and that it was a hybrid of modern technology trying to once again kill them.

“Michael,” KITT said softly as he knew that fate would take its own course from then on... “Thank you.”

“Anytime pal, anytime,” Michael replied as he patted the top of KITT’s dashboard, and felt the surge of adrenaline indicative of the belief that they were entering the final act of their saga with Garthe Knight, Goliath, and KARR.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Knight94
Operative

Post by Knight94 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:57 pm

KI3T, wondering about the progress on his new shell, re-opened his inquiry: Mike, Sarah, how much do you
like now in prepping me to go into the new shell? I'm starting to feel a person who's having an out of body
experience.

Mike: Okay, that's a little too wierd. A computer system having an "out of body experience".
Ya just don't hear about that kinda thing. I wonder why that is?

KI3T: I'm not just a computer system, Mike. I'm an advanced--

Mike: I gotchya, KITT. We're almost ready, so just take a chill.

Sarah: He's right, KITT. We just have a few more things to go in, and you will be good as new.
Should be maybe a couple, 3 hours, tops.

Mike: Yeah, buddy. We'll have you rollin', transformin', and ready to outsmart Goliath in just a little bit.
You'll be your new computerized, crime-fightin' chick-magnet self real soon.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:52 am

Out in the middle of the Mojave desert, the Knight Semi that had been travelling all day slowly rolled to a stop. KI2T, who had decided to follow under his own power behind the Semi, scanned the dark and barren desert.

"Where are we?" Micheal asked truly perplexed.

"Barstow." KITT answered with a bit of what could have been a chuckle.

"Yeah?" Bonnie asked as she poked her head out of the side door of the Semi.

"No...Barstow, Ca." Charles laughed from inside the massive truck. "I have a secret out here I have been keeping."

Everyone anxiously turned their eyes toward Charles in anticipation.

"Does it have something to do with this?" KI2T asked as he brought up on a monitor inside the Semi, a picture of a run-down graffiti covered shack just 100 yards away.

"Actually, it does." Charles announced as he pressed a button on a nearby wall. The Semi's extra large ramp decended slowly. "Follow me."

Zoe looked out at the moonlit desert and frowned. "I didn't bring my sneakers," she whined. Then she tapped Mike on the shoulder, "Will you carry me?"

Bonnie rolled her eyes at Zoe and Billy just smiled at Mike as he dashed down the ramp after Charles.

"Just stay here and keep KI3T company." Mike evaded as he ran after the group quickly.

"Micheal are you coming back?" KI3T called out worriedly.

"Yeah KITT, don't worry Zoe will stay with you."

"KITT, do you know how to play poker?" Zoe asked cunningly.

"I have seen it played but have never played it myself." KITT sounded interested.

"Really? Then we will use my deck and I will deal...You want to play for cash, right?" Zoe ginned evilly.

"Sounds like it will help the time pass quickly." KITT's curiousity was getting the best of him.

"Yes...the time will pass quickly." Zoe giggled. "Okay, High/Low dealer's first...and Aces and Dueces are wild...Don't worry you'll catch on."

Mike smiled knowingly as he continued following the group. Yeah, leaving KITT with Zoe...Good Idea!

Charles walked up to the ominous shadow presence that was the beat up shack. He stopped about 20 feet away from it and the pulled out a special looking Tablet PC. Charles typed wildly onto the face of the Star Trek PADD looking device and then smiled knowingly.

"Sherry!" He yelled at the building firmly. "Wake up, Sherry!"

The one room shack suddenly shivered and then it shimmered. A bright light began to glow off of it.

A female voice only three of the people could recognize boomed, "Graiman?! Dr. Charles Graiman? Welcome!"

Then suddenly, the shack shimmered out of view to be replaced by a long shiny metal tube-like building that was about twice the length of a football field. Within seconds, the light dimmed and then disappeared to leave the moon to reflect it's light off the shiny metal surface.

"Welcome to our new base." Dr. Graiman announced proudly as he approached the large hanger doors. "This is where I have been for all this time. This is also where the C-130 and the pilots have been, too. This is Sherry."

"Sherry, Dad?" Sarah asked in total confusion as they walked inside the vast open space inside.

"Oh, that is the name of my base and the AI I have to help me run it." Charles spoke proudly as he pressed his palm against a nearby monitor. "Sherry, say hello."

"Welcome to Sherry." The female voice spoke smoothly. "I am the voice of the compound's computer. Any questions?"

"Yeah, I have one." Mike spoke up in an angry tone. "Why did you use Mom's voice?"

"Your mother volunteered to be the next new voice in one of my AI's. She would be proud." Charles added softly.

"Okay, enough horsing around. Let's get the Semi in here and find out our next steps to defeat Garthe." Micheal anxiously added.

"Okay, then let's bring her in." Charles announced into a small handheld radio.

In the very same desert only miles away,

"Is the trail of oil still consistant?" Garthe asked Adrianne from his position in Goliath's driver's seat.

"Yes, they went this way." Adrianne smiled.

"Soon, I will have my revenge!"
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Knight94
Operative

Post by Knight94 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:39 pm

Zoe: Cripes, KITT! If I was wearin' socks you'd have beat 'em off me. You sure you've never played poker?

KITT: I'm certain, Zoe. However, having watched you play, noticing your little giveaways, I spotted your bluffs,
and know that your hand seriously lacks the optimal cards. Oh, yes, I'll see your $50, and raise you $100.

Zoe:Oh yeah? You won't see this comin'! Deuces and 3's. How's that kick ya!?

KITT: Nothing like two aces, and three kings. You didn't take lessons from Mike, did you? If you did,
you both suck at poker.

KI2T: There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile.

Zoe: Ya got that right.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:28 pm

As soon as KI2T and the Knight Semi pulled into the long metal compound, Charles pressed his palm against his Tablet PC. "Sherry, activate the holographic cloacking device." He ordered firmly.

"Activating holographic systems now." The female voice echoed.

From the inside of the compound, it looked like nothing happened. However, the outside shimmered brightly and then transformed back into a small one-room graffiti-covered shack. It's windows were long since broken and gone and there were not doors and no signs of human life.

"What was that?" Adrianne asked a little astonished as she noticed a bright light flare up in the distance and quickly die out to only moonlit desert.

"We shall soon find out." Garthe spoke with a slight evil grin that barely registered on his stoic face.

And I LOVED it!

Knight2007
Volunteer

Post by Knight2007 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:22 pm

The inside of the massive metal compound shone with huge video screens surrounding the walls, read-out tools and computer stations lined perfectly, relaying satelite information. The C-130 was stationed at the very back by two large hanger doors, as well as three pit areas for what looked to be for a larger vehicle and two cars, complete with their own diagnostic features and work stations.

The team looked around astonished. They couldn't beleive what Charles had been hiding from them. As KI2T was taking in his new surroundings, he'd scanned the floor and noticed a small trail of oil leaking from under the Semi. "Sorry to interupt, but we may have a slight problem. "

"What is it Kitt?" Bonnie asked worridly.

"The Semi appears to be leaking oil, perhaps one of the assistant technicians over looked it, but we have left a trail for our 'friends' too follow leading right to us." Ki2t stated informativly with a worried edge to his voice.

"Sherry, Activate Outdoor Radar Surveillence." Charles ordered.

"Activating Outdoor Radar Surveillence System." Sherry repeated.

One of the large video screens flashed to life at the front of the room displaying large, green circles indicating different diameters around the compound. At the very far right hand corner of the screen, on the outside circle, a slow pulsing, red dot blinked into existence.
Kitt: What`s the matter, Michael?
Michael: What makes you think something's the matter?
Kitt: When music like this is on the radio, my steering wheel usually takes a beating.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:19 am

"The trail ends in about 200 yards." Adrianne announced with a bit of a confusion. "All I see out here are abandoned shacks and cactus. Why would they come out here?"

"Where exactly does it end?" Garthe growled as he visually searched the desert floor.

"The trail actually leads straight into that beat up shack up ahead." She pointed toward a graffiti covered shack.

Garthe pulled Goliath up to only 4 feet away from the torn up relic of a buliding and then hopped out. With his aged but still keen eyes, he walked all around the front of the windowless shack while tracking the footprints and tire marks all about the area. The light dust screamed the details he was looking for. He knelt down purposefully and traced his index finger along a large tire impression in the silty sand. "You cannot hide from me Michael Knight." He whispered as he straightened up and climbed into Goliath's cabin.

And I LOVED it!

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:55 am

Garthe fired up Goliath's engine, and put his foot down. The huge truck smashed through
the old derelict shack, leaving nothing but shattered planks of graffiti covered wood.
Goliath abruptly stopped as though there was an invisible forcefield in the way.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:29 am

Emergency claxons screamed their paniced cry throughout the whole facility, while all the monitors flickered images of the massive big rig outside as it backed up for a longer approach.

The distinct sound of gears grinding was all that was heard in the silent desert night as Garthe fought the gigantic truck to reverse.

And I LOVED it!

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:05 am

Charles: Sherry, activate emergency protocol 159 ... gotta stop Garthe getting in.

Sherry: Activating emergency protocol 159. Shields up.

Charles: Garthe may have destroyed the shack but there is no way he can get Goliath to
breach the nuclear strength forcefield that is now protecting the base. Only something
that has the extreme force of an atom bomb could possibly penetrate it.

Garthe pushes a red button on the dash. The same rocket launcher that had wrecked KI3T
appeared out of the top of Goliath's trailer. A rocket was fired causing a massive blast in
front of the truck. The emergency forcefield had deflected the rocket.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:17 pm

KARR was not idle through this whole barrage. He was actually becoming rather livid at Garthe for putting his very being at risk by running straight into an impenitrible building. KARR could see the force fields in place and knew that another run on this edifice was useless at best and could possibly damage him more than them.

So KARR did the next best thing that he could think of, he retried establishing communications with KI2T.

And I LOVED it!

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:51 pm

KI2T: Michael, I'm getting an incoming transmission. It appears to be from KARR's CPU.

Michael: Ok buddy, let's hear what he's gotta say.

KI2T: It's an encrypted text based communication. He clearly doesn't want Garthe to know.

Michael: Patch it through to Charles and Bonnie too KITT, and decrypt it en-route.

KI2T: Yes, Michael.

Michael: Charles, Bonnie ... KARR has a message. KITT is patching it through.

The message starts to appear on a computer screen inside the FLAG Semi . . .

KITT, Michael Knight, and everyone else in Dr Graiman's secret lair ... although I am not your
friend, I think you should at least be warned, that Garthe Knight is likely to remain outside
your current base of operations until he has full access. Do not forget that I was originally
built and conceived with all of the same Knight 2000 technologies, some of which I still
possess. Some of these original technologies have been somewhat heavily upgraded in
my transition into the new Goliath. It is only a matter of time before Garthe has my
systems up to full power, and re-activated my ability to disable your defenses.

You have one minute to respond to this transmission with any actions you deem appropriate.
After which I shall not stop Garthe Knight gaining access using whatever means necessary.
Also, be further warned ... whatever you decide to do, I SHALL DEFEND MYSELF.

Your one minute commences immediately.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:44 am

"I have less than 45 seconds to respond Michael, what do you wish for me to tell him. He won't let down his defenses so I am not interested in showing him our weaknesses." KI2T asked a little worriedly.

"KITT, tell him that we have recieved his transmission and to standby for further instructions." Michael quickly answered as he studied the massive monster known as Goliath through a 42" Plasma Monitor hung on a nearby wall.

And I LOVED it!

mustang_fan91
Rookie

Post by mustang_fan91 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:59 am

As he looks on, he notices that Goliath begins to approach faster than before, KARR has been overruled
KI3T: "I have something we need to discuss. It's important."
Mike: "Dude, It's been a really long day and if you're secretly falling in love with me, I'm going to be awfully upset"

Luke_windstyle
Rookie

Post by Luke_windstyle » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Charles: Sherry how long have we got until impact.
Sherry: There is approximatly 20 seconds until impact.

KI2T: KARR are you there?
KARR: I am here but i am powerless to stop. Garthe has cut off my control of the vehical and it will take me about 15 seconds to regain control.
KI2T: KARR you'v...
(SMASH Goliathe/KARR smashes into the building's sheild.)
Charles: Sherry damage report.
Sherry: Shields at 50%.
Charles: Gus how long will it take to fire up the C-130?
Gus: About 3 minutes doc.
Charles: Ok get her started up we've got to go.
Gus: Ok doc.
Mike: Charles KITT isn't going to be ready for another hour.
Charles: We will have to finish him on the plane. There should be room for both KITT's and most of our equipment.
Sherry: WARNING WARNING IMPACT IN 20 SECONDS.
(SMASH.)
Sherry: Shields at 25%.
(The C-130 roars into life)
Charles: Get the cars in first and then the equipment.
KI2T: Oh the irony. I hate flying yet it is the only way we survive.
(KI2T is rolled onto the plane along with the partially completed shell of KI3T)
Charles: Sherry open the hangar doors.
Sherry: Hangar doors open.
(The last pieces of equipment are rolled onto the plane)
Charles: Gus give her all the power she has.
Gus: I hope she holds up better than her last emergancy take off.
Charles: Good thing there are no highway bridges.
Charles: Sherry activate self destruct sequence.
Sherry: Self destruct active. Goodbye DR Graiman.

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:39 pm

The aircraft leaves the hangar with both KITTs and everyone scrambled onboard and taxis
a few hundred yards, before turning round on to the makeshift desert runway to take off.

Charles: Is everyone here?

KI2T: I can confirm everyone is on board Dr Graiman.

As the C-130 finally takes off, there is a huge explosion. The base is totally ripped apart.
The aircraft shakes violently for a few seconds from the massive force of the blast.

Michael: Good God!

Mike: Holy crap!

The pilot manages to stabilise the C-130

Charles: Ok ... both KITTs, scan for any life signs down there, or if there is anything left.

KI2T: Right away Dr Graiman.
KI3T: Scanning now.

After a few moments, KI3T reveals the result of his scans

KI3T: There are no visible life signs, but plenty of burning materials and smoke.
KI2T: Yes, Charles. I can second that. Nothing but destruction and debris.

Mike: What about Garthe Knight?

KI3T: I cannot find any signs of any human life down there.
KI2T: I believe we should turn around as soon the smoke clears and head back down there.

Michael: No way. We know how slippery Garthe is. He'll have found a way out of that mess.

An hour or so passes, and Charles gives the order to go back to what's left of Sherry.

Charles: Ok, Gus ... time to head back. We gotta see if Garthe managed to escape.

Gus turns the C-130 around and starts to make the descent to the dusty landing strip close
to the massive pile of smouldering rubble and debris that was the base known as Sherry.

The plane lands.

Michael: KITT, scan the entire area and tell me what you find.

KI3T and KI2T (in unison): Which one of us, Michael?

Michael: Uhhm, both of ya.

KI3T: Activating infra-red scanners
KITT: What he said!

Charles: Anything?

KI2T: There are two bodies Charles.
KI3T: That is affirmative.

Charles: Can you ID 'em?

KI2T: Yes ... they are Garthe Knight and Adrienne Margeaux. They are both dead.

Michael looked visibly shocked at this news. Even though him and Garthe were sworn
enemies from the day they first met, he couldn't believe that Garthe was now dead.

KI3T: Charles, according to KARRs final Black Box recording, KARR had activated a self
destruct mechanism only seconds after you'd told Sherry to do the same. It seems this
added to the force of the blast, thus killing Mr Knight and Ms Margeaux in the process.

Charles: I thought Garthe had the new Goliath coated with the MBS.

KI2T: It seems that was not the case. The Molecular Bonded Shell had only been applied
to the cab, but not the trailer. In his desperation, Garthe clearly thought this would
provide adequate protection for Goliath. But KARR activated a self destruct mode
connected to the remaining rockets in the trailer. Garthe was not aware of this.

KI3T: It is a case of poetic justice. The mechanism Garthe Knight had used in order to
completely destroy my previous Mustang exterior, proved to be his ultimate downfall.

Fade to a wide shot of the C-130 next to the destroyed base. Camera pans out, and cuts to
an aerial shot of the entire scene as everyone disembarks the aircraft to take a closer look.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:55 pm

KI2T backed slowly out of the C130 and rolled hesistanly over to the still smoldering burned out shell of Goliath. As he was scanning the massive behemoth, he softly asked, "Why Micheal? Why, if he (KARR) told me that he would defend himself, would he then activate Self Destruct? I do not understand."

Micheal Knight walked over to where KI2T was parked and laid his hand on KITT's top. "I'm not sure, KITT...I'm not sure." He answered in barely a breath. "Are you sure that there is no activity at all inside KARR's CPU?"

And I LOVED it!

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:50 pm

KI2T: No Michael. Both KARRs CPU and AI chip have been destroyed. However, there is
one thing still intact ... KARRs Black Box Recorder. He has recorded his final exchange
with Garthe that took place before the final impact then caused this carnage.

Michael: Where is it KITT?

KI2T: It's still inside what's left of Goliath, behind the remains of the dashboard.

Michael: Access the recording and play it back KITT.

KI2T: Right away Michael.

Garthe: KARR, you shall not stop me from doing this. Their destruction is my destiny.
KARR: No. Your destiny is death. Goodbye Garthe Knight.

The recording ends with some static noise caused by the explosion.

KI2T: It seems KARR managed to over-ride his dominant program of self preservation.
He actually sacrificed himself to stop Garthe. Although I imagine he didn't do it to
help save us. Deep down, he would have still wanted some level of revenge.

Charles: He still did his bit to save us. We should at least give him credit for that.
I propose that the remains of KARRs technology are to be given a proper burial.

KI2T: I agree with that sentiment.
KI3T: I am also in agreement.

Michael: I think Garthe and Adrienne should have some kind of funeral too. I'm not
suggesting they get the full memorial treatment ... just a simple burial ceremony.

Mike: But, Dad ... after all the things he's done . . .

Michael: I know, son. Garthe was an evil crook through and through. He may have
hated me, KITT, and everyone associated with FLAG and Knight Industries, but I
believe a funeral is what Wilton Knight would want his son to have.

Charles: He's right Mike.

Sarah: Yeah, I have to agree your father too Mike.

Mike: Ok ... fair enough.

Mike takes a breath, swallows some dry desert air and exhales slowly.

Mike: Anyway ... we got a hell of a mess to clear up here!

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:42 am

"Michael, now that the SSC, Knight Manor, and Dr. Graiman's hidden compound have been destroyed, where do we go from here?" KI3T asks a bit sadly.

Mike looked around the smoldering wreakage of the Sherry building. "KITT, I don't know...I don't know."

And I LOVED it!

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:04 am

KI2T: The old FLAG mansion wasn't actually damaged. Only the garages and workshops took the full force of the blast. We can go back there once we've arranged to get this lot cleared up.

Sarah: We can use FLAG funds to rebuild the workshops. It's a blessing in disguise anyway.

Mike: Really? How's it a blessing in disguise?

Sarah: We finally got rid of a whole heap of old obsolete junk technology from the 1980's.

KI2T: Excuse me Miss Graiman, I'm still here you know.

Sarah: Present company excepted KITT!

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:27 am

With the sun rising in the distance, Michael turns to his son... “This is where we part ways again kiddo.”

“Where do we go from here?” Mike asks.

Still smiling... “You keep doing what you have been,” Michael replied as he opened the driver’s door of the Trans Am... “You coming Bonnie?”

“You bet!” Bonnie replied with excitement.

Michael shook his son’s hand, and gave Charles an approving nod.

Sarah turns to her father... “What was that about?”

“The future,” Charles replied as he took hold of his daughter's hand and kissed it.

Climbing inside KITT, Michael looked down at the same voice modulator he had looked at so many times before... “You ready to make a difference again pal?”

“Always Butch,” KITT replied with a hint of contentment in his voice.

Having shifted KITT’s gearbox into drive, and took hold of Bonnie hand, Michael turns to his son... “I’ll cya soon.”

With a cloud of sand surrounding the rear of the old Trans Am, it blasts through the purple hued desert, leaving behind one journey, whilst speeding towards another.

The End.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Luke_windstyle
Rookie

Post by Luke_windstyle » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:59 pm

Now to condense that into one locked thread.

mustang_fan91
Rookie

Post by mustang_fan91 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:08 pm

This was fun :good:
KI3T: "I have something we need to discuss. It's important."
Mike: "Dude, It's been a really long day and if you're secretly falling in love with me, I'm going to be awfully upset"

Knight2007
Volunteer

Post by Knight2007 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:57 pm

That was fun, and it was a pretty good read. Should do another one sometime.
Kitt: What`s the matter, Michael?
Michael: What makes you think something's the matter?
Kitt: When music like this is on the radio, my steering wheel usually takes a beating.

knight_Sam
Recruit

Post by knight_Sam » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:31 am

Fun r u guys kidding that was awesome I would have really loved to see this episode in real can u even guess the ratings this episode alone could have gotten...It would blow the recording meter sky high & NBC would have to get us a Second Season