NBC VIPER , NBC KNIGHT RIDER

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

mykittcar
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

NBC VIPER , NBC KNIGHT RIDER

Post by mykittcar » Thu May 28, 2009 7:38 am

HELLO

I just found in my collection of old tapes i had recorded of viper it was a car that transformed from normal red to a grey with weapons and it was done by NBC for a four year season. I watched it a lot it had some simularites about heaving a control center like the ssc and the transforming effects, and it was taped on some of the same roads and areas as the knight rider show was .

Here is what i am getting at if NBC gave that show a chance for 4 years or seasons why cant they give Knight rider a chance and that show was kinda bad to for its time

And another thing is i am a Terminator fan, FOX isn't picking upthe show for a third season and they left it off with a big cliff hanger , but they keep stupid reruns of cops and stupid animation shows like american dad, Simpsons,and others , but they not giving that show a third season

so these are my thoughts and shame the networks, it seems sci fi related shows are no longer anymore and no one cares our society bites and its sad

Jeremiah Long

JWise1203
Volunteer

Re: NBC VIPER , NBC KNIGHT RIDER

Post by JWise1203 » Thu May 28, 2009 8:52 am

If I remember correctly, I believe the first season aired on NBC in 1993. After this season NBC canceled Viper. I think the UPN network picked up the show and seasons 2-4 aired in 1996-1999. I too really enjoyed this series and wish it had ran longer. Also, I am waiting for this series will be released on DVD (Still no date has been announced).
Another example of why we can have a bit of hope that KR08 will get another chance. Hope to hear something soon.

mhint77
Volunteer

Post by mhint77 » Thu May 28, 2009 9:02 am

JWise is right, NBC only aired 1 season of Viper before it was canceled and picked up by UPN. I also wish they would release it on DVD, my VHS copies aren't very good. Sure hope KR08 can have at least as many seasons as Viper did.

mykittcar
Rookie

Post by mykittcar » Thu May 28, 2009 9:22 am

hello

I am sorry I thought NBC had viper thought the 4 years. There is shows NBC bites for sci fi shows they cant draw the people to watch them and one thing is they didn't promote the show Knight Rider enough by advertisments but the did a lot for other shows like hero's and etc thought they year .One thing if sci fi in uk is showing the Knight Rider why cant they try to pick up the series for a second on the normal sci fi network in the USA and get rid of the same reruns of Stargate and etc ,and they have wrestling on a sci fi network that has nothing to do with sci fi at all

Jeremiah long

Taichi
Rookie

Post by Taichi » Thu May 28, 2009 11:42 am

Actually NBC ran Viper seasons 1 and 2. Now it could have been after it ran on UPN, but I've recorded all of Season 2 and one episode of Season 3 before NBC pulled the plug again and it ended up on USA at like midnight or 1am. It ran, I do believe, on Sunday's after football or Saturday... something like that... I know football ran over sometimes as I've got about half football and half Viper on some episodes.

I don't really remember the day, but NBC ran season 2 and 1 episode of season 3.

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Thu May 28, 2009 3:15 pm

Hello There Everyone, :D

I can see that our memories on this topic of Viper is not up to date. Here is a post that I need to address here:

"Actually NBC ran Viper seasons 1 and 2. Now it could have been after it ran on UPN, but I've recorded all of Season 2 and one episode of Season 3 before NBC pulled the plug again and it ended up on USA at like midnight or 1am. It ran, I do believe, on Sunday's after football or Saturday... something like that... I know football ran over sometimes as I've got about half football and half Viper on some episodes.

I don't really remember the day, but NBC ran season 2 and 1 episode of season 3."

Interesting post by not quite accurate. Viper like Baywatch lasted one season on NBC. In Viper's case 13 episodes four short of the current Knight Rider. Both Baywatch and Viper ended up in syndication not UPN. In Viper case after a year off it came back in syndication. That does not mean those shows didn't air on a UPN Station but, it was not a UPN show. I was able to watch Viper and Team Knight Rider on my local UPN Station on a Sunday night but, that was the station's idea and call not UPN since UPN did not have a programming block at the time and left the Sunday block up to fill the air-time with syndicated programming. Now, both Baywatch and Viper did well in their syndication runs and I don't recall Viper airing new episodes on USA Network. I have all of the first run episodes of Viper on VHS Tapes and I do remember vividly when the show air in my area. After the show's run it could have ended up on USA Network and/or SCI-FI. As for wreslting on SCI-FI, you are referring to ECW and when ECW first premiered a couple of years ago it had mummies and vampires to play in SCI-FI theme of the para-normal and so-forth. Now, today it is an ordinary wrestling show. Besides, SCI-FI is rebranding themselves to be more then a SCI-FI channel. :good:

Thanks and take care,
Michael. :kittconv:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Thu May 28, 2009 3:29 pm

Hello There Everyone, 8)

Finally a different topic then the same humdrum that I have been responding to for the last few months. I am pleased to talk Knight Rider and Viper. You can research when Viper aired and so forth on the web and see that NBC had the show for only 13 episodes cancelled it. After being off for a year Viper was back on in fall force in syndication. Once NBC canned the show they were done with it. I don't where this NBC had the show for two years and then canned it in the third season nonsense came from but, that is not what happened at all. Wikipeda is where I go for info clearly states that Viper lasted for one season on NBC total of 13 Episodes. :D

"The series originally aired on NBC during the 1993-1994 season, debuting on January 2, 1994 with a two hour pilot movie. After falling ratings, the series was cancelled in April 1994. :good:

The music composed for the pilot and opening theme for Season 1 was composed by Eddie Jobson. Jay Ferguson took over the composing for the rest of the seasons as well as composing a remixed theme of the original Season 1 opening and composed the brand new Season 4 Opening Theme from it." :good:

That was excerpt from the Wikipeda. Here is another:

The series was then revived by Paramount Television with a complete re-casting/re-tooling of the show for first-run syndication from September 1996 - May 1999. The only actor to return after Season 1 was Joe Nipote in his role as Frankie "X" Waters, and he would remain until the end of the series. Actor James McCaffrey would return as the Viper's original driver from Season 1, Joe Astor, during Season 4 in 1998-1999. Actress Heather Medway, who played Det. Cameron Westlake, was the only new cast member from the show's revival to stay on the entire three syndicated seasons (from 1996–1999). :kitt:

Season 2 was filmed predominantly in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The series was then moved for filming in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada during Seasons 3 and 4.

The Cobalt Blue Metallic color on the Viper GTS in Season 4 was not an optional color for the production Viper GTS, it was specifically for the show only."

I hope this clears things up and take care. :kittconv:

Thanks,
Michael P. Nepa :kittside:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Fri May 29, 2009 12:35 am

I remember hearing we got Season4 1st then they showed Season1-3 after wards,or am I wrong?

Now Im confused :?
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Fri May 29, 2009 1:59 pm

Viper got picked up in syndication because it OWNED in Europe (especially in Germany).

I bet the new KR does well in Germany, too.
There ain't no E in Garth, damn it.