The many "Goodbyes" to Knight Rider

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The many "Goodbyes" to Knight Rider

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed May 27, 2009 2:16 am

I had a strange realization... This is the first time I'm actually upset that a Knight Rider project is not moving forward.

I remember reading in the paper that the original Knight Rider was not coming back for season 5, and I was perfectly OK with that. It had a good run, but frankly it was time for the show to end.

Knight Rider 2000 could have been a series; I'm glad it wasn't.

Knight Rider 2010 was born from the same machine that churned out hits like Hercules and Xena, but I was glad it died quickly.

Team Knight Rider had some pretty cool moments in terms of stuntwork, but as a Knight Rider series it just didn't cut it. Although it ended on a high note, I wasn't too disappointed it was cancelled.

Then we had the new Knight Rider. It had a strong if not overwhelming 2-hour movie. The first episode in September was fantastic- I was absolutely thrilled for the franchise when I saw what they did. Then it stumbled for a while, regained its footing, and improved a lot. Unlike every other incarnation - including the original series - KR08 has unrealized potential. Forget about ratings or budgets; from a creative standpoint, it deserved a second season to show us what it could do. And not getting that chance makes me sad.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Re: The many "Goodbyes" to Knight Rider

Post by Knight007 » Wed May 27, 2009 6:04 am

you are right 100% :good: KR08 had a big chance of dealing and dealing with a lot of stories. to be honest, I always woundered how KI3T would handel a killing helicopter like what KI2T had. or if it would be at the bottom of a mountin covered with dirt and rocks.
Yesterday I was watching episod 2 "Journet to the end of knight" and I have to say the first 3 minits were total rubish!! I mean the car race, what was that???!!!!! very cheap F&F copy.

I really belie it we had the show made with the man who wrote the pilot "cant recall his name", we would have been waiting for season 2 by now for sure

KI3T is a big creation. but anyway, whats done is done. you never know what the days may bring Image :kitt:

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed May 27, 2009 6:24 am

Mike, you likely feel sad because the show had promise and it wasn't allowed to flesh out. Every shows struggles to find it's footing in it's first season and it's not usually until the second that it finally settles.

It deserved to have another season, for sure.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight4life
Operative

Post by Knight4life » Wed May 27, 2009 6:26 am

I was so upset i just didn't have the guts to post until today,plz give KR another season.

necrophilissimo
Rookie

Post by necrophilissimo » Wed May 27, 2009 7:49 am

I am greatly disappointed of the end of The New KR, but I can't say I'm too surprised. Actually, the success of KR in UK has prooved my theory right; You British folks are the only people on Earth who can still enjoy good, tongue-in-the-cheek genre-blenders like this new series was. Now, dear UK, please continue supporting your very own time-traveling Doctor, now officially aka'd 'the Last Good TV Show Alive'. :good:
TAGAP: The Apocalyptic Game About Penguins - Join the penguin apocalypse!

mrcool
Stranger

Post by mrcool » Wed May 27, 2009 12:07 pm

I could not believe what I was reading when I went online. I consider it an absolute JOKE that the new Knight Rider series is cancelled! :shock: I loved the way that it was revamped to bring it up to speed to 2009, and I really did feel that just when people were starting to get accustomed to the characters, they just snatched them away from us. :? It's very sad really. :cry: Did NBC forget that when Knight Rider kicked off in February of 2008, that 12.7 million people tuned in ?? This earned it the highest ratings in the 18-to-49 age group for a made-for-television movie on any network in almost three years!! Did they also forget that 18,022 people from around the world signed the petition to continue Knight Rider for a 2nd season, and were still signing as of the 27th May ?? I grew up watching the original series with David Hasselhoff, so when I heard about plans to bring it back in a different format, I was so excited. The new series had an element of nostalgia associated with it, and had awakened the child within me. I hardly watch TV nowadays, so I was glad that I now had something watch that I actually looked forward to. However this was only shortlived. :cry: I just feel a great sense of loss, as I'm sure do all the Knight Rider fans out there. I appears that NBC have let us down in its blatent disregard of our many pleas to keep the show running.

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Wed May 27, 2009 12:47 pm

I'm with ya Mike. I started watching TOS in the third season, and have since went back to watch the first season. The only thing I was unhappy about the cancellation of TOS was that it wasn't given a finale. VooDoo Knight was a really lame, stupid episode, didn't even use Super Pursuit Mode, and the premise was absolutely idiotic. But hey... that was writing in the 80's. But having episodes like Goliath and Juggernaut, they shouldn't have let KI2T just disappear from the airwaves without some sort of goodbye.

Even KR08's last episode, I Love the Knight Life, ended with the reaffirmance of FLAG and the idea that the organization was reborn and moving on with its original mission - more akin to a season finale, but still had some closure.

But ultimately I agree with you. Those last 5 episodes were excellent (although I really didn't like I Love the Knight Life or Knight and the City all that much), and definately 100% better than the first 12 episodes. I didn't like the Feb. 08 Pilot all that much mainly due to poor writing (remember that was during the writers' strike), but I did like the plot. This series was just starting to get its legs, and had GST started out with the premise that they "rebooted" to, it could have attracted more people. I was turned off by the premise in the 1st 12 episodes, but I kept watching mainly because I was fascinated, plus I actually liked the new KI3T.

This series REALLY deserves better treatment than it received. You never know... if KR does well on SciFi in the UK, perhaps they'll renew it for SciFi like they did other shows (Stargate SG-1, BSG, etc.). Granted KR isn't as radical sci fi as those other shows, but it is still sci fi. Here's to hoping.
Bring Knight Rider back for Season 2!!

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Wed May 27, 2009 1:13 pm

My take on it is they would have never truly realised the possibilities of what they had unless they brought new writers and a new director on board. Their was so many missed opportunities to make some truly awesome scenes but for whatever reason they chose not too and did things the cheapest way possible. Season 2 would have been filled with more emo crap between mike and sara and more green screen stunts.

I honestly somewhat liked the show. I think I kept watching week after week just hoping they would do something to make me say that was awesome, but it never really happened for me. I had a few happy moments but nothing that made me jump up and down and want to go tell people about the show. I did my part, I told lots of people about it, just give it a chance and the vast majority of responses I got were of a negative nature. They just dropped the ball.

They never got it right between Mike and Kitt.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed May 27, 2009 1:39 pm

Here's the difference in my eyes between the 3 KR series:

Knight Rider '82 was getting worse. Season 4 had some VERY high points but overall, the show was showing its age.

Team Knight Rider was consistent: the later episodes were about as good as the early episodes. Unfortunately, that wasn't saying much.

Knight Rider '08 was getting better. People who liked the show will say the second half of the season was much better than the first. People who never liked the show will still agree that the second half wasn't as bad as the first half. And it's a shame that the show couldn't continue in that direction. That's why THIS goodbye stings a bit more than the others.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Luke_windstyle
Rookie

Post by Luke_windstyle » Wed May 27, 2009 1:43 pm

There is so much they could do. A couple of days ago i had a dream about a series 2 of KR08. Basically while Mike and KITT were trying to stop a diamond theif Sarah was trying to find the FLAG Semi. So she was searching the web and found it for auction on an online truck auction but it was only the cab. She sent Billy to bid on it as it was only worth $5000 (She said she was going to have it rebuilt). After that they got KITT to scan the internet for the trailer. He found it on a scrap merchants site and it was listed as being dismantled in 2 hours. Meanwhile Mike was on the trail of the diamond theif when he was ambushed and knocked out. While Sarah was rushing to save the FLAG trailer from being dismantled Mike was being beaten up by the theif's thugs.

Basically to cut a long story short KITT manages to get a lock onto Mike's GPS tracker. So he switches to attack mode and drives up the multistory car park opposite to the building. He then turbo boosts across the gap and smashes through the window of the office building mike is being held in.

After the police have arrested the baddies Sarah calls mike and tells him there is no way she is going to be able to get to the scrap merchants in time. Luckily she tells Mike where it is and KITT says that they could make it there in 10 minutes (It is listed on the site as being dismantled in 15 minutes). Mike and KITT arrive at the scrap merchant just in time to stop them from destroying the FLAG trailer. The man tells them that they are too late so intead of offering him the $500 it would have cost Sarah tells mike to offer him $50000 as there are important parts in this trailer which could never be reproduced.
Ends with Mike, Sarah, Billy and Zoe standing outside the hangar with KITT driving into the trailer. KITT says: I could get used to this truck. It feels like I have been here before.

(They don't tell you why KITT feels like that)

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Wed May 27, 2009 1:54 pm

ur dream is more intense than mine.....Mine is just KI3T doing sweet burnouts and powerslides like he is racing against time :-)

Also Deanna is in a bikini, haha just kidding about that part.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Wed May 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Fans Knight Rider,

I just ask you all you need to talk about the seasons in the series television Knight Rider 2008 and NBC also, because we must continue to sign the petitions and always support it. We must continue this support, because without support in the series television Knight Rider all this would have happened.

Please do not say the word "Goodbye" in the series television Knight Rider, because I believe that the hope never dies and is a faith.

Thank you.

Alex.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed May 27, 2009 9:52 pm

I guess to the outsider it could seem odd that we are so heartbroken over a TV show. But it was really more than a TV show. It was an experience we could share with people all around the world. We made friends we would have never made otherwise, and we all altered our daily schedules to be able to sit together around the world and watch and talk about something most of us have loved since we were little. So yeah its sad to lose the show. But it's also sad that it's 8pm eastern on a Wednesday and KRO is so quiet.
-But that doesn't need to mean goodbye. I'm not exactly sure what one does on a Knight Rider board for 15 years without a KR show on... But I imagine I'll figure it out. :mrgreen: .. and I don't think we will be running out of locations any time soon.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Wed May 27, 2009 9:56 pm

It's very sad indeed. I have nothing really to look forward on TV these days. :(

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Wed May 27, 2009 10:52 pm

Sue u should use your spyness and get onto the lot and hear what the word is, and if its bad, steal KITT :good:
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

kwsta25
Rookie

Post by kwsta25 » Thu May 28, 2009 1:16 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVKTkiawzKY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NOT FAIR:( I dont get it still, canceled :(
Last edited by Matthew on Thu May 28, 2009 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To merge two posts that were made in quick succession

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Thu May 28, 2009 3:52 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:Here's the difference in my eyes between the 3 KR series:

Knight Rider '82 was getting worse. Season 4 had some VERY high points but overall, the show was showing its age.

Team Knight Rider was consistent: the later episodes were about as good as the early episodes. Unfortunately, that wasn't saying much.

Knight Rider '08 was getting better. People who liked the show will say the second half of the season was much better than the first. People who never liked the show will still agree that the second half wasn't as bad as the first half. And it's a shame that the show couldn't continue in that direction. That's why THIS goodbye stings a bit more than the others.
I got to say, I like the way you arrange your words. n a way, you are saying what most of us are thinking but cant phrase it in a good way.
again, you are right about this goodbay is the most diffecult. KR08 and the fact the got a mustang for KITT has a lot of things to be told and used (even though I am not a big fan of the Mustang).
Always thought this KITT has ALOT to things still need to be shown to the people. like the side ways Turbo Boost we got in one of the eoisods. that was totaly un expected, but it was a lot of fun to watch.Image :kitt:

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Thu May 28, 2009 11:36 am

That was great :wink:
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

Dee_Jay77
Recruit

Post by Dee_Jay77 » Thu May 28, 2009 4:01 pm

by kwsta25 » May 28, 2009 12:16 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVKTkiawzKY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I like the video (don't care too much for the guy driving the car) the only thing that irks me is that autoblog was the same blog that spent week after week bashing the show so if that guy in the video happens to be Alex Nunez he can take a flying leap

ILoveKitt
Stranger

Post by ILoveKitt » Fri May 29, 2009 2:48 am

I, too, am extremly sad about the cancellation of Knight Rider 08. As a fan of Mustangs, I was curious about the movie last year. (It helped that I was a fan of the original series as a kid.) When I saw the movie I absolutly loved it! When I heard it was gonna be a series, I was very excited. Every week I made sure I was home to watch it. I never missed an episode. And now it's gonna be gone. I feel the NBC didn't give the show the chance it deserved. All I can do now is hope they see their mistake. I will most definitly miss Knight Rider 08. I hope that maybe another network will be kind enough to give the show back to all of us fans.

kwsta25
Rookie

Post by kwsta25 » Fri May 29, 2009 4:09 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXXINzZE8mw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; NBC YOU SUCK PPL CARE LOOK THIS GUYS USING THE NEW THEME:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6vSuGX17Ps" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; WE WANT OUR SHOW BACK

GUYS REALLY WE NEED TO SAVE KITT, LETS DO SOMETHING ITS NOT TO LATE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYHt5cItJkE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; UK PROMOTION:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tat_7Pn8rK8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri May 29, 2009 7:04 am

In my opinion, the pilot was only a fragment better than the season. The promos gave us a hint on what's coming and a remote controlled Ki3t to be featured! How could anything compete with that? Nothing did for the first 10 minutes but then everything just went down the toilet.
The acting, story, setting and CGI, WTF was that all about? What happened to the remote controlled car? We never saw it in the series?
To be honest I didn't notice anything better with the series than the actual back door pilot (except from very superficial things of course). In TOS it was the complete opposite because the series was much better than the pilot. So what went wrong? Let's not get in to that. All I have to say is that a second season would do us good but could we expect any improvements. Hardly...

BTW. I've tried to contact neps and Michael Pajaro through PM to ask them about the promo codes for the Phone Rider application and they won't answer. Moderators, please check your inbox!!!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:35 pm

Knight4life wrote:I was so upset i just didn't have the guts to post until today,plz give KR another season.
You are upset? I'm manically depressed about the whole deal! The New K.R Show was in many respects the last refuge there was whent it comes to Scifi. I mean SG-1 is no longer running nor is it's spinoff SG:Atlantis, Is not even clear if Sanctuary will be back, I never truly warmed up to Eureka and KYLE XY also got canned earlier on! Is just too much to take! :(

Nowadays I rarely watch any TV anymore...