OK the franchise is dead and buried so now what?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

OK the franchise is dead and buried so now what?

Post by PunkMaister » Sat May 23, 2009 11:06 pm

It is obvious by now that is all over, that the KR franchise is now forever dead and buried never to return for the next billion generations perhaps 10,000 years from now, needless to say none of us will see it in our lifetimes! So what is there to do? Nothing, We move to YouTube and watch the crap from the website and forget all about TV is what UI've been doing and so far it has worked.

Good luck in your endeavors to you all, it was fun while it lasted...

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: OK the franchise is dead and buried so now what?

Post by neps » Sat May 23, 2009 11:36 pm

PunkMaister - I've had to issue you a board warning for your spamming of a dozen threads with the same general message which was that the new series "is forever dead and buried AMEN!"

That's fine if you're happy with that outcome, but repeating the message on every single topic you can is equivalent to spam, and wont fly here. Please control your messaging.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat May 23, 2009 11:43 pm

neps wrote:PunkMaister - I've had to issue you a board warning for your spamming of a dozen threads with the same general message which was that the new series "is forever dead and buried AMEN!"

That's fine if you're happy with that outcome, but repeating the message on every single topic you can is equivalent to spam, and wont fly here. Please control your messaging.
I'm not happy at all NEPS I loved this show and wanted it to go on and now is OVER and I'm just pissed at NBC for pulling the plug!

RenanrRinaldi
Recruit

Post by RenanrRinaldi » Sun May 24, 2009 1:06 am

I don't think that because the show is not in production anymore that Knight Rider is dead.
Mike: Next time, calculate faster.
KITT: Were you injured?
Mike: No
KITT: Then my calculations were fast enough.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun May 24, 2009 1:20 am

RenanrRinaldi wrote:I don't think that because the show is not in production anymore that Knight Rider is dead.
Well it is unless you consider reruns DVDs and the occasional convention signs of life but is nothing but ashes in reality.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sun May 24, 2009 1:34 am

please stop with the negative attitude. you've made your point.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun May 24, 2009 2:18 am

KITT wrote:please stop with the negative attitude. you've made your point.
My apologies I wish I could say something positive when it comes to KR but I can't, all I can think off is the fact that it is canceled.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun May 24, 2009 3:39 am

PunkMaister wrote:
KITT wrote:please stop with the negative attitude. you've made your point.
My apologies I wish I could say something positive when it comes to KR but I can't, all I can think off is the fact that it is canceled.
If you cant say any thing positive, then why say any thing at all about KR??? why bother writing and creating Topics on KRO???? just leave it or keep reading other posts only. you dont have to say nothing Image :kitt:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sun May 24, 2009 6:32 am

KR08 had its moments but it wasn't near the original in terms of perfection (IMO). Not that TOS was perfect but it did appeal a bigger audience and the fact still remains they did 4 seasons! Obviously they must have had some sort of succession in their production to achieve such a goal.

While I don't agree that the franchise is dead I don't believe we'll ever see GST producing another season of Knight Rider ever again. In short terms: He blew it!
Having that said, I'm looking forward to a new Knight Rider series in the future. Knight Rider will never die... :D
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

David Whiteheart
Operative

Post by David Whiteheart » Sun May 24, 2009 11:04 am

Wasn't the Sentinal cancelled and then brought back because of the fans demands, because of the way it ended? Granted KITT at least was not a cliff hanger like TKR was when it was cancelled. Maybe if we all deluge NBC with letters, petitions and emails we can get KITT back on TV via USA or SciFi. Look with Viper, it lasted a month on NBC, and then it went into syndication on another network and lasted for close to 6 years on TV. Could this be the future of KITT? Maybe so....

KITT can be saved the same way if we ALL do our part! Granted I need to do more myself, but having taking care of two kids 16 months apart, you rarely have time to yourself much less anything else. But I shall not give up on a show my 3 year old liked and myself, and neither should you TILL we use up all our resources!

Honeykitt
Rookie

Post by Honeykitt » Sun May 24, 2009 2:42 pm

As I said in another thread:

The Franchise is not dead and buried. It lives on through the fans, websites, festivales and replicas, etc.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Sun May 24, 2009 10:40 pm

All I have to say is this...

Knight Rider is not dead as long as there is a man out there working to make a difference...

and the fans desire to support him.

=VK=
:dash:

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon May 25, 2009 3:10 am

If some one can simply buy the rights for the show and take it to some other network, I think it will work. NBC had its own Idea of Knight Rider and GST made it worse. they had the Hoff in the Pilot then decided not to use him again in the series. its just doesnt make any sence. Image :kitt:

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Mon May 25, 2009 4:31 am

PunkMaister wrote:It is obvious by now that is all over, that the KR franchise is now forever dead and buried never to return for the next billion generations perhaps 10,000 years from now, needless to say none of us will see it in our lifetimes! So what is there to do? Nothing, We move to YouTube and watch the crap from the website and forget all about TV is what UI've been doing and so far it has worked.

Good luck in your endeavors to you all, it was fun while it lasted...
What a load of rubbish!!

You do realize that there have been shows which have been brought back due to fan demand right? Jericho jumps to mind and right now KRO in in the middle of trying to do that very thing itself, so how about you take your negativity elsewhere and let the rest of us continue to enjoy what has been with the old and new series and work towards getting a second season.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FX23
Operative

Post by FX23 » Mon May 25, 2009 11:30 am

games up

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Mon May 25, 2009 12:24 pm

Rockatteer wrote: You do realize that there have been shows which have been brought back due to fan demand right? Jericho jumps to mind and right now KRO in in the middle of trying to do that very thing itself, so how about you take your negativity elsewhere and let the rest of us continue to enjoy what has been with the old and new series and work towards getting a second season.
I have that same hope to, but NBC techinally gave it a 2nd chance with the "Reboot" so i dont know. In my mind since it isnt on the Fall Schedule, still leaves the door open for the Spring/Summer Schedule
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Samborghini
Rookie

Post by Samborghini » Mon May 25, 2009 5:49 pm

Franchise is dead so now we wait 10 years for another reboot :P
Protecting the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Mon May 25, 2009 6:54 pm

people need to stop saying the franchise is dead. seriously.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Mon May 25, 2009 8:16 pm

Samborghini wrote:Franchise is dead so now we wait 10 years for another reboot :P
The show is dead, not the franchise and not the fandom.

=VK=

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Mon May 25, 2009 8:22 pm

GT500KR wrote:I have that same hope to, but NBC techinally gave it a 2nd chance with the "Reboot" so i dont know. In my mind since it isnt on the Fall Schedule, still leaves the door open for the Spring/Summer Schedule
They gave it a second chance, but where was the promotion? Nowhere. I never saw a promo while watching NBC at all. Not even once after the reboot. NBC should know how to promote a show better. :x
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Mon May 25, 2009 8:27 pm

Hello There Everyone, :D

Here is a post from KITT that I like and agree with:

"OK the franchise is dead and buried so now what?
by KITT » May 25, 2009 5:54 pm

"People need to stop saying the franchise is dead. Seriously." :kitt:

I am getting tired of all this gloom and doom posts here. THE FRANCHISE IS NOT DEAD!!! Got it!!! Knight Rider is not done by a long shot and I wish for once that I could read something positive here. The show will be back on USA Network, SCI-FI Channel, or possibly sydication but, the show is not done and will be back better then ever. :kittside:

Take care,
Michael P. Nepa :good:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Mon May 25, 2009 8:37 pm

Super Flash wrote:The show will be back on USA Network, SCI-FI Channel, or possibly sydication but, the show is not done and will be back better then ever. :kittside:

Take care,
Michael P. Nepa :good:
I hope u r right :good:
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Tue May 26, 2009 3:47 am

Victor Kros wrote:
Samborghini wrote:Franchise is dead so now we wait 10 years for another reboot :P
The show is dead, not the franchise and not the fandom.

=VK=
Thank you VK :good: This is the best I did read till now KR will never be dead Image :kitt:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue May 26, 2009 4:57 am

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:
GT500KR wrote:I have that same hope to, but NBC techinally gave it a 2nd chance with the "Reboot" so i dont know. In my mind since it isnt on the Fall Schedule, still leaves the door open for the Spring/Summer Schedule
They gave it a second chance, but where was the promotion? Nowhere. I never saw a promo while watching NBC at all. Not even once after the reboot. NBC should know how to promote a show better. :x
Did you miss all the promo they did during the fall? They promoted the living crap out of it... and yes, they didn't promote it after the reboot and the presidential elections but that's a different story. They pretty much new the show wouldn't gain a lot of viewers by cutting down the cast and the terrorist theme. To make a long story short the show was beyond saving at that point.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

xmguy
Rookie

Post by xmguy » Tue May 26, 2009 11:28 am

Victor Kros wrote:All I have to say is this...

Knight Rider is not dead as long as there is a man out there working to make a difference...

and the fans desire to support him.

=VK=
AMEN!! :good:
LOYAL Knight Rider fan since 1995
:spmgo: