Yet another arrogant Hoff interview

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kitt34
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Yet another arrogant Hoff interview

Post by kitt34 » Sun May 24, 2009 10:09 am

knightprobe89 wrote:i totally agree with hasselhoff, he is 100% right, the show did go off in the wrong direction, and hasselhoff should have been in the series! hasselhoff is the one who brought the idea to nbc to revive knight rider in the first place. nbc totaly screwed hasselhoff by leaving him out of the series! and nbc and gary scott thompson screwed the show up, it was nothing more than a hour long ford commercial for the most part.

Even the ending that premiere is just plain horrible.
the fbi shoot at michael, then comes back alive, totally irrelevant.

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Mon May 25, 2009 12:13 pm

Victor Kros wrote:
I believe the only excuse I could understand is that David has a serious ADD issue and thus cannot remember what he promises from one moment to the next (as discussed in the Scott Mills documentary).
.......Or maybe it was something else entirely that pissed him off?
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Mon May 25, 2009 6:32 pm

knightendo77 wrote:I agree, he's done a lot of good but I don't like being accused of having an axe to grind or taking something out of context, I know how to read and am mature enough to understand it. I also have no axe to grind, I bought his book because I was a fan after all. But my opinion HAS changed! I didn't want it to, but it did. The Hoff back on his KR and Baywatch days will always be my childhood hero, but The Hoff of today is just a different, unlikable person to me.
I actually thought the "axe to grind" comment was aimed at the newspaper, not you. But anyway, is it possible that the newspaper has taken his comments out of context? Made was was meant as maybe a bit of a joking prod at the producers, into a serious comment?
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 pm

The interview was in the Daily Mail Weekend supplement, from the 16th of May.

The Knight Rider (2008) segment, direct from the magazine:
Hasselhoff is a tricky character to pin down -- he has an enormous ego, yet he is obviously terribly insecure deep down. He reveals that when Knight Rider -- the cult 1980s TV series that made his name, in which he played a crimefighter helped by KITT, a computerised talking supercar -- was remade for a modern television audience, he wasn't even consulted about the show, which irks him enormously. 'I basically offered them my services, and said, "I don't even need to be in it, just let me help you.'" He didn't even get a cameo role, and he says he hates the show they came up with. 'It skidded in the wrong direction because they forgot one thing: me.'

Is this misplaced arrogance? Possibly not.
I'll have the whole thing up on my site soon.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue May 26, 2009 3:59 am

It's the Daily Mail which from the "stories" I've seen them put out over the years is so bad that they give Supermarket tabloids a bad name.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Tue May 26, 2009 6:05 am

david seems to be a really good guy with an ego like most actors have. He has right to some of this. He did lot's of charity events and always stuck by his KR fans. He is probably disapointed about the cancellation however I think if the new series had him it may be returning for a second season so he may not have been completely wrong.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat