Knight Rider on Hiatus?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Honeykitt
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider on Hiatus?

Post by Honeykitt » Wed May 20, 2009 2:43 pm

Here is something I found on the NBC Knight Rider boards:

http://boards.nbc.com/nbc/index.php?sho ... 31&st=1480" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The interesting stuff starts on this page of this thread. One poster is claiming Knight Rider is just on hiatus and NBC is looking for more funding. And according to some posts, Deanna twittered she still doesn't really know anything yet.

Yes, I have a post in there myself, was kinda venting :oops:

Many Many apologies if this has been posted once before, but I found it interesting.

calhoun24
Recruit

Re: Knight Rider on Hiatus?

Post by calhoun24 » Wed May 20, 2009 3:55 pm

Dear heavens, I hope that's ultimately true, but right now, that's just rumor until we have it confirmed here.

Sad to say, but right now, that seems unlikely, knowing what we know.
"One man can make a difference." - Wilton Knight
Long live Wilton's dream and F.L.A.G.!

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Wed May 20, 2009 4:12 pm

Honeykitt wrote:Here is something I found on the NBC Knight Rider boards:

http://boards.nbc.com/nbc/index.php?sho ... 31&st=1480" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The interesting stuff starts on this page of this thread. One poster is claiming Knight Rider is just on hiatus and NBC is looking for more funding. And according to some posts, Deanna twittered she still doesn't really know anything yet.

Yes, I have a post in there myself, was kinda venting :oops:

Many Many apologies if this has been posted once before, but I found it interesting.
You're right, this is being posted in another thread, but I just wanted to say that as much as I'd like to say it's true, Deanna hasn't said such a thing on Twitter.
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Wed May 20, 2009 4:16 pm

I would have to say that if by some miracle NBC does bring back the show, you'd be seeing more GST at the helm. He has a two-year deal with NBC and he would be the logical choice.

Dave Andron would not be involved; he's signed on to another show.

On one level, it seems possible, but it's not an ANY schedule; it hasn't been mentioned by ANYBODY; it really seems to be "Show non grata". Maybe there's something going on behind the scenes, and that's why. But, it just doesn't make any sense that they wouldn't at least mention it if there was some intention of bringing it back.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Wed May 20, 2009 4:39 pm

looks like umbragom from IMDB is over at the NBC KR board, calling people liars
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Wed May 20, 2009 4:58 pm

GT500KR wrote:looks like umbragom from IMDB is over at the NBC KR board, calling people liars
- that guy is a proven hypocrite - it would be best not to give him any recognition because that's exactly what he wants. He has no respect for KRO nor is he a credit to the fandom.

=VK=
:dash:

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Wed May 20, 2009 5:06 pm

who cares if he is mention in this board or not, it doesnt make him famous, im just saying it seems that guy is over at NBC
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Wed May 20, 2009 5:12 pm

GT500KR wrote:who cares if he is mention in this board or not, it doesnt make him famous, im just saying it seems that guy is over at NBC
- What's the point in it? Why would people care? Why do you care to mention it? It's not like people don't already know where this guy stands or what he represents. I'm just saying It's not wise to fuel his fire by spreading/recognizing his actions on other boards.

As for Knight Rider being on hiatus, I'm in agreement with Shapeshifer on this one.

=VK=
:dash:

Dakdude3
Stranger

Post by Dakdude3 » Wed May 20, 2009 6:35 pm

Yeah if that is Umbra it isn't a guy Gammahulks profile says female.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed May 20, 2009 6:47 pm

I was just reading the NBC forum and cannot believe the amount of childish comments and arguments that go on there.

The threads also do not make me believe it's on hiatus because one person said so, unless he/she had some sort of authority which I am sure this person does not.

It was just one post by one person with nothing to follow it up. It doesn't mean anything.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Wed May 20, 2009 6:58 pm

i agree skav.. it was kinda sad. hopefully it will stop now.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed May 20, 2009 9:42 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if it's the same person, they have the same M.O. And I think that I know who they are and they would certainly not admit to being the same person because they are a proven liar, just like that idiot there spinning that paragraph in a way that even a mentally challenged ape could tell isn't a part of the quote. But yeah, that person feeds on the attention and posts merely for entertainment and creating arguments. They really don't deserve a mention because they do crave the attention.

I think everyone needs to just face reality though and that KR08's chances of coming back went from slim to not at all likely to the Cubs have a better chance of winning the World Series this year than KR does of returning. It sucks that the powers that be screwed it all up but there's nothing we can do about it, I feel bad for most of the members of the production crew and the cast whom IMO deserved better. Chuck fans IMO are really over estimating the impact they had in that show being brought back though it did bring the show a new sponsor in Subway, which is apparently a part of its return. Yay for "product integration". >_> I like Chuck and IMO it had almost infinitely better writing (not to mention direction) and TPTB at NBC have already gone on record of being fans of it so that alone gave it a much better chance. But I doubt it'll make it past the initial 13 it's being brought back for but at least it's getting a chance... On the other hand, it might last longer than Southland (which if last week is any indication, is going to be performing much worse than KR08 now that it's lost the ER bump) which NBC has already given the Friday Night death slot to this fall.

Maybe we all should have all gone out and bought Fords! :roll: Actually, that probably would have helped but that's obviously not as easy as buying a five dollar foot long, especially in this wonderful economy..

Also a lot of shows have gone on "hiatus" over the years, it's become a nice way of saying it's been canceled without actually flat out\ saying it.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Wed May 20, 2009 9:55 pm

i'm really tired of reading responses from people saying that we need to give up, it's not going to happen, let's move on, etc. the fandom needs you guys more then ever now, and all you're going to do is just give up? i don't know about you, but this fandom means something to me. knight rider means something to me. it's like my second family. despite your pessimism, can you at least help us out? mail a few letters? follow savekitt on twitter? it won't take much effort on your part. instead of writing about how you think the show is never coming back, why not put that energy into something that will actually help someone.
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Wed May 20, 2009 11:06 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Maybe we all should have all gone out and bought Fords!
Zero, would you happen to believe that I bought a grand of Ford at 2.60 a share??? So i did my part, since I can't afford a new car at this point, but the 2010 Fusion is on my short list.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu May 21, 2009 12:40 am

KITT wrote:i'm really tired of reading responses from people saying that we need to give up, it's not going to happen, let's move on, etc. the fandom needs you guys more then ever now, and all you're going to do is just give up? i don't know about you, but this fandom means something to me. knight rider means something to me. it's like my second family. despite your pessimism, can you at least help us out? mail a few letters? follow savekitt on twitter? it won't take much effort on your part. instead of writing about how you think the show is never coming back, why not put that energy into something that will actually help someone.
I understand how you feel. I could always take the angle of saying, "I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist," but I'm not going to. However, how else is anybody really supposed to gauge the status of this show? If Gary Scott Thompson has not been heard from and he is indeed on a 2-year contract, wouldn't it be nice to at least hear something from him one way or the other? And that's especially since he was so forthcoming with details in the past.

Given the fates of past shows like Viper and Baywatch that lasted on NBC for a single season before getting canceled and later resurrected on a different network, can there be any true "nail in the coffin"? The attitude and optimism of those who want this series/franchise to succeed really is admirable. I'll help support being someone from a neutral point of view. If for no better reason, I admire and respect the dedication a lot of members here have to save the show. I'll keep my other opinions to myself for now out of respect for those still having hope. I stated my point of view before it seemed to become an onslaught of negative criticism and G.S.T.-bashing. (And the name-calling is completely uncalled for, by the way.)
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Thu May 21, 2009 1:11 am

Hello There Everyone, :D

Here is a post that I agree with: :good:

"Re: Knight Rider on Hiatus?
by KITT » May 20, 2009 8:55 pm

I'm really tired of reading responses from people saying that we need to give up, it's not going to happen, let's move on, etc. the fandom needs you guys more then ever now, and all you're going to do is just give up? i don't know about you, but this fandom means something to me. knight rider means something to me. it's like my second family. despite your pessimism, can you at least help us out? mail a few letters? Follow save Kitt on twitter? it won't take much effort on your part. instead of writing about how you think the show is never coming back, why not put that energy into something that will actually help someone."

I agree with this person and could not have said it better. I have been tired of reading the same negative nonsense since March and I am tired of these websites stating that the show is cancelled especially Digital Spy. I trust that web site as far as I can throw it. The Digital Spy web site has numerous errors that I can point out. Earlier they had Friday Night Smackdown a wrestling show on the CW Network and I pointed out that has not been the case since September 2008. It is on My Network TV. Now in an article about the A-Team TV they mentioned it as an ABC TV show and I know for a fact that is wrong. It never aired on ABC. It was an NBC show. So, if they can goof that up then any info about Knight Rider can be taken as false as well. Why you people want to believe these websites and not this site, NBC, TV.com, and USA Today I will never know. So, NBC messed up here and not have the show on their starting fall line up. It can still be a mid season replacement show on be aired by some other means. So, please stop the insanity here and think positive...Knight Rider is not done nor will it ever be. Some how and some way it will be back. :kitt:

Take care now,
Michael P. Nepa :kittconv:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Thu May 21, 2009 1:25 am

Hello There Everyone, :D

Here is a post from the moderator from http://www.tv.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; about Knight Rider: :)

"Cancellation (From the Editor)
Catwoman87531 Last online 10 hrs, 40 mins ago

Edited on 05/20/09 Knight Rider has been officially cancelled There have been many posts on this topic and I felt it was prudent to make an official topic on this matter. I will be locking the other topics and ask all discussion take place here. At this time, the show has completed airing of the episode for season one. There is NO official word on the status of the show in regards to a second season. Speculation is that the show was not performing well in the ratings and it likely to be cancelled. Fans should know that this is not a done deal. I will post in this topic once I hear anything. Also if anyone else hears anything, please post all topics here and provide a URL link, so others users can read the news in its original form. Check out the link: http://knightrideronline.com/news/#002332" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Also here is the link to participate in the second season campaign: http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... paign/less" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; «" :good:

Funny on how he or she refers everyone to this website. Also as you read you get a since that this person is not completely sure that the show is officially cancelled. Especially with the no official word on the status of the show comment. As for Baywatch and Viper they both were started on NBC cancelled after one year on the network and ended up in syndication. In the case of Viper it was off the air for a year before it came back in syndication. I should know since I watched both shows. Also, there is an article here on this web site that there is a glimmer of hope for the show depending on how it does over seas especially on UK's SCI-FI Channel. 8)

So, let up keep the faith here and hope for the best. Knight Rider's "supposed cancellation" is not a done deal yet and I will hold hope. Now take care, :good:

Michael P. Nepa :kitt2:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Thu May 21, 2009 1:37 am

Is Knight Rider done? no of course not but it maybe be a while before we see anything new.

Is KR08 done? almost certainly Hiatus is TV speak for its cancelled but don't tell the fans they'll make too much noise.

As for posters on other boards I have to agree with VK here, don't bring them up don't mention them it just draws attention to them which is what they want. As for Umbra and Gammahulk if they are the same person why isn't Umbra all over KR08s IMDB board saying the same thing?
Είναι καλύτερο να θεωρηθεί ως ανόητος, από να ανοιχτεί το στόμα σας και να αφαιρεθεί όλη η αμφιβολία.

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Thu May 21, 2009 1:45 am

Hello There Everyone, :kitt:

Final comments about Knight Rider. Looking at the show from the pilot to the final first season episode. I can see that the show had some strong points and weak points. The problems with the show was not all Gary Scott Thompson's fault. Granted he could have done better but, the show was not helped by NBC's lack of promotion of the show, Obama's speeches, and going against Lost and American Idol. How can you expect Knight Rider to do better with all of that? I believe that given a second season the cast and crew of the show would have improved on the first season. Let us look at Cheers and Star Trek: The Next Generation for example. Both shows where weak in their first season. Having some good episodes and some weak episodes. They were both given a second season and did well from there. Cheers went on to do 11 seasons and Star Trek: The Next Generation went on to do 07 seasons and four movies. Who is to say that Knight Rider can't do better in year two? I certainly believe in the show and still hold out hope for a season two despite not being on NBC's announced fall schedule. I am holding out hope for a syndication deal or to end up on the SCI-FI channel here or USA Network. :D

Now as for the complaints about the car changing into a truck or another mustang what is wrong with that? If you recall in season four of Knight Right the original show the Knight Two Thousand can change from a T-Top to a convertable and go from a normal car to a super car with Super Pursiut Mode and brake with Emergency Braking System. So, they were following the logic that if Knight Two Thousand can do that then 25 years later with better technology the Knight Three Thousand should be superior and be able to do more then that. So, I didn't have a problem with that. I will admit that the show could have seen improvement but, over all I love it and hope for more. :good:

Thanks and take care,

Michael P. Nepa :kitt2:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Thu May 21, 2009 2:27 pm

rwmu wrote:Is Knight Rider done? no of course not but it maybe be a while before we see anything new.

Is KR08 done? almost certainly Hiatus is TV speak for its cancelled but don't tell the fans they'll make too much noise.

As for posters on other boards I have to agree with VK here, don't bring them up don't mention them it just draws attention to them which is what they want. As for Umbra and Gammahulk if they are the same person why isn't Umbra all over KR08s IMDB board saying the same thing?
who cares.. i've been trying to get people to ignore that guy for weeks.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu May 21, 2009 5:48 pm

rwmu wrote:Is Knight Rider done? no of course not but it maybe be a while before we see anything new.

Even for someone who is quite adept at using multiple internet personality's it still must be awkward to be in two places at once. Thats when mistakes creep in, especially considering its the same subject matter being discussed.

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Sat May 23, 2009 2:14 pm

It's not on hiatus, it's gone forever. They like saying stuff like that to get your hopes up.

blowersho
Operative

Post by blowersho » Sun May 31, 2009 1:42 am

Super flash wrote:

"Now as for the complaints about the car changing into a truck or another mustang what is wrong with that? If you recall in season four of Knight Right the original show the Knight Two Thousand can change from a T-Top to a convertable and go from a normal car to a super car with Super Pursiut Mode and brake with Emergency Braking System. So, they were following the logic that if Knight Two Thousand can do that then 25 years later with better technology the Knight Three Thousand should be superior and be able to do more then that. So, I didn't have a problem with that. I will admit that the show could have seen improvement but, over all I love it and hope for more."

SPM was a last ditch attempt to save the franchise and it FAILED, only fools would want to emulate something that was not a success. I knew season four would be the last when I saw juggernaut, for me it totally destroyed the illusion of the MBS, JYD also did that when Michael put on the finishing touch.

The transforming is a cheap lazy way out for them in terms of making the car "do cool things". Real stunts and well thought out auto cruise sequences require money and imagination, NBC/GST/etc don't have these things. The pilot was on the right track but then good old GST did his thing and ruined everything.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Sun May 31, 2009 4:28 am

blowersho wrote:
SPM was a last ditch attempt to save the franchise and it FAILED, only fools would want to emulate something that was not a success. I knew season four would be the last when I saw juggernaut, for me it totally destroyed the illusion of the MBS, JYD also did that when Michael put on the finishing touch.

The transforming is a cheap lazy way out for them in terms of making the car "do cool things". Real stunts and well thought out auto cruise sequences require money and imagination, NBC/GST/etc don't have these things. The pilot was on the right track but then good old GST did his thing and ruined everything.
---Stand up and applauds---
Truer words were never spoken!
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Sun May 31, 2009 8:34 am

blowersho wrote: SPM was a last ditch attempt to save the franchise and it FAILED, only fools would want to emulate something that was not a success. I knew season four would be the last when I saw juggernaut, for me it totally destroyed the illusion of the MBS, JYD also did that when Michael put on the finishing touch.

Amen to that!!!