KR is cancelled, now what????

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

KR is cancelled, now what????

Post by Knight007 » Wed May 20, 2009 12:04 am

So what now???
From what I understood from the other posts , the show can continue on SciFi if they want??!!! I dont really understand that. how is this possible??? and if it is possible, when they will make up thier minds and start the production???

on the other hand, in the news section where the official word is published, we are told "Knight Rider has only just started to show in other markets over seas. It is up to us if we want to take this as a call to action or a sign of defeat."
my question is, what is can be done now??? can we really do any thing at this point of time???
Image :kitt:

KITT
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KR is cancelled, now what????

Post by KITT » Wed May 20, 2009 2:08 am

letters to ford, letters to nbc asking to put it on scifi..
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wez
Operative

Post by wez » Wed May 20, 2009 4:51 am

has it deffo been cancelled? or r they waitin to see how it goes in other countries then make it for thier next schedule ?

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Wed May 20, 2009 5:56 am

boycott NBC and write letters to NBC and Ford demanding that they bring back Knight Rider

this has to do with jay leno moved to 10 pm 5 nights a week
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Wed May 20, 2009 6:16 am

To be honest, I think we need to hear from neps he always had inside information about all what is going on. what do you think? the show still has a chance as some people say???? can we do something that will have some effect even after the announcement of the new lineup???
Image :kitt:

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Wed May 20, 2009 7:13 am

If it turns out to be cancelled then thank god for video games, if I had time travelled back to when I was younger and told my younger self in about 15-20 years he would end up hating television he might think I was crazy. The only CBS show I watch is two and a half men, who ever said television was the devil is right on the money. I love the 80's cool shows cool toys, alot of cool toys now are for shows back then.

necrophilissimo
Rookie

Post by necrophilissimo » Wed May 20, 2009 8:28 am

I personally think KR's only hope right now is on SciFi (which is part of Universal as well); If the show brings good ratings in UK and Europe in general, that still might happen, though I'm long past point of holding my breath. :?
TAGAP: The Apocalyptic Game About Penguins - Join the penguin apocalypse!

bige
Rookie

Post by bige » Wed May 20, 2009 9:21 am

I know NBC picked the use time slot for them to air Knight Rider so I say it is kind of NBCs fault for getting Knight Rider Canceled They should of put on Friday Night that would be best for the last fall schedule, then Obama would of not interrupted the the two Wednesdays. Wednesday you know KR went up against Lost on ABC and American Idol on FOX, but if they put it on Thursday then it would compete with Greys atomony

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Wed May 20, 2009 10:50 am

We continue to build our replicas and show our support.We go the KR festival and celebrate KR in life,not in death and we buy the Season1 DVD set
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

SilverFoxThief
Recruit

Post by SilverFoxThief » Wed May 20, 2009 11:04 am

This is from a user on the NBC boards. Is it true? :shock:
QUOTE (GammaHulk @ May 19 2009, 11:20 PM)
I demand to see this OFFICIAL announcement from NBC that states CLEARLY that KR'08 is on hiatus. And it better say it's on hiatus, it better be ONLY from NBC, and it better have come after the May 5th interview Ben Silverman gave to the LA Times where he stated that KR'08 was gone forever. Here it is:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/ne ... 9235.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And don't bother to try to dispute the interview, it's REAL and in it Silverman states that KR is gone forever and nobody is going to try and SNOW ME with attempts to twist the words, Silverman said KR'08 was GONE FOREVER.

The show is DEAD and anybody who says differently is LYING.
(smerrills) LOL. I love how if it's said in the LA time's its almost hand to God. And also, just so you know, I CALLED that interviewer yesterday. And also my old journalism sources from when I was in college, in NBC have confirmed That Knight Rider is not dead out of the water yet. They are holding out to see if anyone can give any more financial support. If they don't find anything within 3-5 weeks, it is cancelled, and may go up to auction for production. MAYBE.

And I love how you say NBC would NEVER sell KR. Why not? They've sold other shows that went on to become vastly successfull in the past. Most prominently in the 80's. They sold over 7 shows to ABC and CBS that turned around to be famous. I'll look it up to be sure which ones it was.
Kid at gas station: Dude, your car’s glowing!
KITT: Michael, we don’t have much time.
Kid at gas station: Dude, your car’s talking!!
(Episode – Knight Fever)

DavidKnight
Rookie

Post by DavidKnight » Wed May 20, 2009 12:41 pm

I really hope it's true and Sci-Fi or any other network buy KR or Ford come back to support it...

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Wed May 20, 2009 1:43 pm

I rreeaallllyy hope this isn't just a fan grasping at straws. Sounds completely feasible though I must say. Very interesting... .. .
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

Knight94
Operative

Post by Knight94 » Wed May 20, 2009 2:40 pm

I guess the slammers got their wish: KR 08 cancelled. I guess they're breakin out the beer an' bubbly,
cheering that they punished KR fans by taking away our show. "We hate KR 08, so we're gonna take it away from
the ones who do like it. Crap on you! ptthh!"

2knight
Rookie

Post by 2knight » Wed May 20, 2009 4:38 pm

SilverFoxThief wrote:This is from a user on the NBC boards. Is it true? :shock:
QUOTE (GammaHulk @ May 19 2009, 11:20 PM)
I demand to see this OFFICIAL announcement from NBC that states CLEARLY that KR'08 is on hiatus. And it better say it's on hiatus, it better be ONLY from NBC, and it better have come after the May 5th interview Ben Silverman gave to the LA Times where he stated that KR'08 was gone forever. Here it is:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/ne ... 9235.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And don't bother to try to dispute the interview, it's REAL and in it Silverman states that KR is gone forever and nobody is going to try and SNOW ME with attempts to twist the words, Silverman said KR'08 was GONE FOREVER.

The show is DEAD and anybody who says differently is LYING.
(smerrills) LOL. I love how if it's said in the LA time's its almost hand to God. And also, just so you know, I CALLED that interviewer yesterday. And also my old journalism sources from when I was in college, in NBC have confirmed That Knight Rider is not dead out of the water yet. They are holding out to see if anyone can give any more financial support. If they don't find anything within 3-5 weeks, it is cancelled, and may go up to auction for production. MAYBE.

And I love how you say NBC would NEVER sell KR. Why not? They've sold other shows that went on to become vastly successfull in the past. Most prominently in the 80's. They sold over 7 shows to ABC and CBS that turned around to be famous. I'll look it up to be sure which ones it was.
I've run into this Gammahulk guy on the NBC boards already, and all I can say is that he's a real douche :roll:

Man, you have made my day. He was alot calmer a couple of weeks ago when he quoted the same article. It sounds like the guy is having a nervous breakdown. Somebody should send him the response posted in one of the other threads here where the journalist that wrote that very article he's quoting said that Silverman only said Life was cancelled and he didn't mention the other shows including Knight Rider in the interview. I just can't stop laughing at how irritated the guy is. If by some chance Knight Rider does return, they're going to have to take this guy away in a straight jacket because I don't think his rigid brain would be able to handle it --- "BUT Ben Silverman and the LA Times said it was gone FOREVER, how can this be, you must be LYING." This stuff is too funny. :shock:

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Wed May 20, 2009 5:58 pm

we already tried that.. he just told us that emails can be faked and he didn't believe it.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

scorbing
Recruit

Post by scorbing » Sat May 23, 2009 10:13 am

It is officially cancelled as of 5/21/09:

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/fall-tv-scorec ... arent--291" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Sat May 23, 2009 10:20 am

Sorry but "Yahoo TV" hardly constitutes official.
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Sat May 23, 2009 2:18 pm

knightendo77 wrote:Sorry but "Yahoo TV" hardly constitutes official.
Most of the shows on the canceled list are crap anyway. I've seen my name is earl a few times, that show wasn't remotely funny or cool.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun May 24, 2009 3:36 am

KnightRiderKR wrote:
knightendo77 wrote:Sorry but "Yahoo TV" hardly constitutes official.
Most of the shows on the canceled list are crap anyway. I've seen my name is earl a few times, that show wasn't remotely funny or cool.
I agree, I have watched an episod and failed to see the point. I am surprised it went for four seasons!!! Image :kitt:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:10 pm

Well now we know that NBC cruelly canned our show. To say I'm upset about this doesn't begin to describe a more apt description would be manically depressed... I rarely watch TV anymore. :(

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:23 am

I have been watching the last episod of the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, he said a very remarkable thing. I dont remember the exact words, but he said something like: I will be back in September, Assuming NBC will still here till that Time!!!!! This is how bad this network got :roll: even its own employees dought its meaning and management Image :kitt: