Why did we lose Knight Rider?????

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

FordFilly82
Operative

Re: Why did we lose Knight Rider?????

Post by FordFilly82 » Wed May 20, 2009 3:32 pm

Well it seems that the general consensus is that GST has a lot to explain for.

I know that when the TVMovie aired, NBC advertised it a LOT! And the movie was great imo. Not the best, but it evoked memories of TOS, and its pilot. Then GST made his promises at ComicCon, to which I was greatly disappointed. The idea of using "Bourne" elements intrigued me, but the only time they were used right was when the Pilot writer wrote an episode. So in that aspect I feel I was lied to a great deal by GST, and as a fan I find it hard to believe anything he says creatively regarding KR08 or its future, sorry.

The "24" element, or TOTW as its known here, did NOT help the show. Just prior to KR08's premiere I read about how shows like "The Unit" (which I love), and "24" (which my husband likes) are losing audiences b/c as a society we are steering away from the "Angry American" attitude and looking for more homey elements like "David & Goliath"-esque storylines, and KR08 tried to go that route too. And if you look now, CBS has canceled "The Unit" and from what I gathered, "24" is doing good, but not as good as in past seasons.
But b/c of the election season and the writers strike that preceded it, a lot of shows suffered, including this revival of KR.

And yeah there are some areas I didn't like, the Transforming being one of them, but they were not horrendous, though that first scene w/KRjr in the DP w/the 2 then 3 girls was a :!: , otherwise they were okay and I could deal with them. I was not expecting a carbon copy of TOS but a good "continuation" of the franchise.

I think Val is a good choice for Ki3t b/c his voice still sounds young (for a man of 50 or older), and yet has the maturity I would look for in creating a computer voice. And since Ki3t is an evolving program, the youthful sound makes Val a good choice. A soft, deep, mature voice with an undercurrent of youth; that's what I picked up on from Ki2t and didn't quite feel from Arnett's voice.

And while the article about NBC's schedule did not include "Kinght Rider" they also lost "Medium" to CBS! (That one I am trying to wrap my head around atm, actually.) So who knows, if the series continues to receive well in the UK, and the DVD Sales are good, then maybe they can bring back KR08 as a Midseason replacement.

CBS has a show "Rules of Engagment" that has a limited run in the Midseason, so maybe NBC can do the same with KR. That I could live with! :D
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

kitt34
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by kitt34 » Wed May 20, 2009 8:08 pm

DevonStyles wrote:To think you guys said I was crazy when the I told you the show was cancelled Months ago..... Hate to say it but I told ya so...

So many missed opportunities with this show.
They could have really made some awesome episodes with what they had but never did.
Never truly showed what the car could do
Non- existent real time high octane action.
Bad writing
Bad acting
Transformations killed the show
They turned KR into a drama
Not Only that, the ending in the premiere episode was the worst ending since jaws the revenge.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Wed May 20, 2009 9:57 pm

sad.. our fandom is torn apart by kr08.
some love/like the show..
some hate it.

can we just all come together for this cause? you don't have to watch it if it comes back. but at least help us out here.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lknight
Volunteer

Post by lknight » Thu May 21, 2009 6:19 am

I agree i think the fact that KITT can change is awesome and i think the show is much better the the first knight rider and that was great for it's time. :kittconv2: :kittx:

lknight
Volunteer

Post by lknight » Thu May 21, 2009 6:31 am

Pct1theory wrote:
kitt34 wrote:
HisNameisGarth wrote:Yes....

The Pilot Movie was good to great.....

Then GST absolutely destroyed it. Turned it into a lame Mission Impossible clone with way too many characters and hired awful writers. He made the car look ridiculous (attack mode) -- with morphing that defied logic.... How can a 3300 lb. Mustang change into a 5500 lb. Crew Cab Pickup?

Season 1 was so bad -- it was time to put it out of its misery.

Got that right, I'm glad this was the end of the knight rider tv franchise, The original will always be a classic.
Screw you both. The transformations were really freaking cool. The fact that KITT could change into an F-150 I found to be freaking amazing and awesome. I enjoyed every episode and all of it was good. GST could have done a better job and i'm glad he made the show what it was and i'm also mad how it came out.

Attack Mode looks badass and is freaking cool. SPM looked odd on KITT and Attack Mode Looks Odd. So what! Still both are cool and well enjoyed.

ITS A CAR WITH FUTURE TECHNOLOGIES OF COURSE IT DEFEATS LOGIC ITS A TV SHOW AND THATS WHAT MADE IT SO COOL!!!!!

I agree i think the fact that KITT could change is awesome and i think the show is much better than the first knight rider and that was great for it's time. :kittconv2: :kittx:

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Thu May 21, 2009 4:50 pm

lknight wrote:I agree i think the fact that KITT can change is awesome and i think the show is much better the the first knight rider and that was great for it's time. :kittconv2: :kittx:

WRONG

This version will never hold a candle to the original.

Honeykitt
Rookie

Post by Honeykitt » Thu May 21, 2009 11:34 pm

kitt34 wrote:
lknight wrote:I agree i think the fact that KITT can change is awesome and i think the show is much better the the first knight rider and that was great for it's time. :kittconv2: :kittx:

WRONG

Yelling "WRONG" about lknight comments is out of line. He has an opinion just like you and everyone else. We are a family here. We need to stop chewing on each other, respect each others opinions and move ahead and do what we do best:

LOVE AND CHERISH KNIGHT RIDER!!!!!!

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri May 22, 2009 12:25 am

Honeykitt wrote:
kitt34 wrote:

WRONG

Yelling "WRONG" about lknight comments is out of line. He has an opinion just like you and everyone else. We are a family here. We need to stop chewing on each other, respect each others opinions and move ahead and do what we do best:

LOVE AND CHERISH KNIGHT RIDER!!!!!!
The guy is a troll who has nothing else to say but the same thing over and over...and over. I have him on ignore but unfortunately saw the post through the quote. I'd suggest most other people do the same since it contributes nothing to any discussions.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Fri May 22, 2009 3:36 am

I think the one majoe flaw for the series was their was no break in time. We went from a movie where Mike finds out about Kitt to episode 1 where they communicate like that have been partners for 5 years. The good time guy mike from the movie is now like James Bond in the first episode.

I hate to being up the OG KR but it was entertaining watching Michael and Kitt lean about eachother. We bonded to them watching them bond togther. The new KR never had that.

Numerous other flaws but that one jumped out at me right away.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Fri May 22, 2009 1:46 pm

Devon the first episode was meant to take place months after the movie, I remember Deanna saying that in an interview. But their relationship still matured as KITT grew and his personality took shape.
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat May 23, 2009 10:59 pm

What does it matter anymore? It's over! The franchise is now forever dead and buried AMEN!

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sat May 23, 2009 11:08 pm

talking to KI earlier, discussing the fandom and saving our show. this fandom has HUGE numbers and a very large following. our show will suffer and die, because we can't come together to save our lives. everyone is split, there's so much drama, and when we actually get our show back all we do is bicker and say what we hate about it.

i've done my part, emailing NBC, posting on their message boards, doing the #savekitt thing on twitter, sending snail mail, etc.. even told my news director about our campaign. i kept thinking, one man can make a difference. but in this scenario, one man can't. it is one thing to talk about saving the show, it is quite another actually doing something about it. it is not very well coordinated, so it's sporadic and we don't have the effect needed to get NBC's attention.

i hope the show comes back. at this point, i am losing hope.
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat May 23, 2009 11:11 pm

KITT wrote:talking to KI earlier, discussing the fandom and saving our show. this fandom has HUGE numbers and a very large following. our show will suffer and die, because we can't come together to save our lives. everyone is split, there's so much drama, and when we actually get our show back all we do is bicker and say what we hate about it.

i've done my part, emailing NBC, posting on their message boards, doing the #savekitt thing on twitter, sending snail mail, etc.. even told my news director about our campaign. i kept thinking, one man can make a difference. but in this scenario, one man can't. it is one thing to talk about saving the show, it is quite another actually doing something about it. it is not very well coordinated, so it's sporadic and we don't have the effect needed to get NBC's attention.

There is nothing to hope for is over is gone, the franchise is now officially forever dead that is DEAD! There's nothing more for anyone to do but to go to YouTube or other websites to try to enjoy oneselfs and forget just about all about television...

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sat May 23, 2009 11:15 pm

seriously, stop it. you made your point in every other thread on here. if you hate the show so much, leave.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat May 23, 2009 11:18 pm

KITT wrote:seriously, stop it. you made your point in every other thread on here. if you hate the show so much, leave.
I do not hate the show I'm pissed that it has been TERMINATED!

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sat May 23, 2009 11:20 pm

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! http://www.savekitt.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat May 23, 2009 11:24 pm

KITT wrote:DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! http://www.savekitt.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As I said in another thread that DID NOT WORK! I had singed there when there was still hope, but now the plug is pulled and is all over...

KITT8209
Stranger

Post by KITT8209 » Sat May 23, 2009 11:43 pm

i hope NBC gives Knight Rider a second Season if any show deserves one its KR.. it may not be on the schedule but that doesnt mean they cant change their minds and readd it :kitt:

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Sun May 24, 2009 8:42 am

PunkMaister wrote:
KITT wrote:DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! http://www.savekitt.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As I said in another thread that DID NOT WORK! I had singed there when there was still hope, but now the plug is pulled and is all over...
never give up !!! Giving up is what the elitists at NBC want you to do. never give up for what you believe in at all costs. your posts shows that you admit defeat and failure. There are other ways to protest, boycott NBC, USA, and Sci Fi, don't buy anything other than Knight Rider at the stores.
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sun May 24, 2009 10:07 am

PunkMaister wrote:
KITT wrote:talking to KI earlier, discussing the fandom and saving our show. this fandom has HUGE numbers and a very large following. our show will suffer and die, because we can't come together to save our lives. everyone is split, there's so much drama, and when we actually get our show back all we do is bicker and say what we hate about it.

There is nothing to hope for is over is gone, the franchise is now officially forever dead that is DEAD! There's nothing more for anyone to do but to go to YouTube or other websites to try to enjoy oneselfs and forget just about all about television...

Absolutely true.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sun May 24, 2009 1:12 pm

you agreeing with them? like david whiteheart said in another thread, the franchise is far from dead.

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sun May 24, 2009 2:36 pm

KITT wrote:you agreeing with them? like david whiteheart said in another thread, the franchise is far from dead.

To me, this tv franchise is pretty much dead, there's nothing good about it anymore, I Better watching the KR Classics.

Honeykitt
Rookie

Post by Honeykitt » Sun May 24, 2009 2:37 pm

The Franchise is not dead. It lives on through all the fans, websites, festivals, replicas, etc.

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sun May 24, 2009 2:40 pm

Honeykitt wrote:The Franchise is not dead. It lives on through all the fans, websites, festivals, replicas, etc.

The Franchise may not be dead on the fans, websites, replicans and stuff, but on tv is dead this KR TV franchise Universal had for 27 years drove it to the ground, Hopefully the big screen version will one day revive the franchise and make it watchable again.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sun May 24, 2009 2:53 pm

why? so you can talk about how much you hate the show again?