Why did we lose Knight Rider?????

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kitt34
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Why did we lose Knight Rider?????

Post by kitt34 » Sun May 24, 2009 3:25 pm

KITT wrote:why? so you can talk about how much you hate the show again?

Because it lacks all of the humor and all of the charm that the original had.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sun May 24, 2009 3:30 pm

i thought it was pretty funny. i liked the humor.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sun May 24, 2009 3:38 pm

KITT wrote:i thought it was pretty funny. i liked the humor.

I Think this version is one of the worst shows of the decade, one of the worst revivals I've ever seen.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sun May 24, 2009 3:41 pm

you obviously didn't see TKR.
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sun May 24, 2009 8:03 pm

KITT wrote:you obviously didn't see TKR.

TKR was garbage too, in fact everything after the original series have been a disaster and this new one was a casualty waiting to happen.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sun May 24, 2009 9:22 pm

you're never going to get a carbon copy original back. be glad we've gotten so many remakes. you should feel lucky. support it before it goes away for good.

David Whiteheart
Operative

Post by David Whiteheart » Tue May 26, 2009 1:59 am

Okay here's my take on why we lost the show. Most of the above posts have some very interesting points especially the foreign perspective. Yes US networks are stupid, look at the crap that's on most of them. And they wonder why the foreign media is doing a better job at covering US news than they are?

KITT was a Muscle Car, thus not, God forbid, "green enough:"
NBC, is owned by GE. Thus they are pushing the "green" theme onto everyone who watches NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, USA and SciFi, because GE will benefit from it. KITT, even though the "greenest" of cars ever on TV, even the TA, could still not hold up to the NBC's PC attitude toward this fraud called "Global Warming." Who knows it might have survived if it had been a Fusion Hybrid...perish the thought.

NBC CEO:
No matter the ratings it was doomed because she didn't like it: Maybe because it was too masculine for her tastes, even though more women than men buy Mustangs. Or maybe it was not in keeping with NBC's "green theme" crap that they advertise on all of their channels. Or she might have thought it was "comical" because of the transformations that the car did. Who knows.

GE influenced episode, Knight of the Zodiac?:
After this episode of Dr. Graiman's former fling investigating if KITT and the whole project was "green enough" for the EPA's taste could have hurt the show beyond repair, thus the reboots that were tried to revive it. Most Americans who watched the show watched it for the show and only the show, not some PC hour long infomercial about "Global warming and how big KITT's carbon footprint" is. I frankly thought this episode was not so subtle in it's message. You have to have an EPA agent to slap FLAG on the wrist because KITT was too fast and is one of the iconic American muscle cars? Please. And NBC wonders why their audience is leaving them in droves all accross the board.

If NBC and their exec's had brain one they'd bring the show back, because it was in the top 3 most Wednesday nights even up against American Idiot. That's probably the best rated show on NBC in years, since the original KITT rolled on NBC. I haven't watched the "Big 3 networks" religiously in a long time until KITT was brought back for a third try since 1986.

Before we say to hell with it and stick to rewatching the old series for the millionth time, buying two or more copies of season one on DVD in July, or reading KR fanfic. We should deluge NBC with letters and emails and petitions, but more than a couple thousand signatures, to get KITT back on TV. Don't give up! Do you think KITT and Michael would?! Remember if "One man can make a difference," how about all of us working together in a joint effort to get KITT back on TV? Because I believe that WE can make a difference! :good:

http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... /campaign/

lknight
Volunteer

Post by lknight » Tue May 26, 2009 6:58 am

David Whiteheart wrote:Okay here's my take on why we lost the show. Most of the above posts have some very interesting points especially the foreign perspective. Yes US networks are stupid, look at the crap that's on most of them. And they wonder why the foreign media is doing a better job at covering US news than they are?

NBC, is owned by GE. Thus they are pushing the "green" theme onto everyone who watches NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, USA and SciFi, because GE will benefit from it. KITT, even though the "greenest" of cars ever on TV, even the TA, could still not hold up to the NBC's PC attitude toward this fraud called "Global Warming." Who knows it might have survived if it had been a Fusion Hybrid...perish the thought.

NBC CEO:
No matter the ratings it was doomed because she didn't like it: Maybe because it was too masculine for her tastes, even though more women than men buy Mustangs. Or maybe it was not in keeping with NBC's "green theme" crap that they advertise on all of their channels. Or she might have thought it was "comical" because of the transformations that the car did. Who knows.

After this episode of Dr. Graiman's former fling investigating if KITT and the whole project was "green enough" for the EPA's taste could have hurt the show beyond repair, thus the reboots that were tried to revive it. Most Americans who watched the show watched it for the show and only the show, not some PC hour long infomercial about "Global warming and how big KITT's carbon footprint" is. I frankly thought this episode was not so subtle in it's message. You have to have an EPA agent to slap FLAG on the wrist because KITT was too fast and is one of the iconic American muscle cars? Please. And NBC wonders why their audience is leaving them in droves all accross the board.

If NBC and their exec's had brain one they'd bring the show back, because it was in the top 3 most Wednesday nights even up against American Idiot. That's probably the best rated show on NBC in years, since the original KITT rolled on NBC. I haven't watched the "Big 3 networks" religiously in a long time until KITT was brought back for a third try since 1986.

Before we say to hell with it and stick to rewatching the old series for the millionth time, buying two or more copies of season one on DVD in July, or reading KR fanfic. We should deluge NBC with letters and emails and petitions, but more than a couple thousand signatures, to get KITT back on TV. Don't give up! Do you think KITT and Michael would?! Remember if "One man can make a difference," how about all of us working together in a joint effort to get KITT back on TV? Because I believe that WE can make a difference! :good:

I agree with you the more that support the show the bigger the difference. I have signed the petition and sent an email. :kitt:

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Tue May 26, 2009 5:59 pm

David Whiteheart wrote:Okay here's my take on why we lost the show. Most of the above posts have some very interesting points especially the foreign perspective. Yes US networks are stupid, look at the crap that's on most of them. And they wonder why the foreign media is doing a better job at covering US news than they are?

NBC CEO:

I Doubt It.

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Tue May 26, 2009 6:01 pm

Then by all means, feel free to do one. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue May 26, 2009 9:09 pm

David Whiteheart wrote: NBC CEO:
No matter the ratings it was doomed because she didn't like it: Maybe because it was too masculine for her tastes
If this show is considered too masculine, take a look at me: I'm an average American female, who just happens to love cars. But then again, most women don't care for cars, except for the fact that they just take them from Point "A" to Point "B". :(
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

David Whiteheart
Operative

Post by David Whiteheart » Tue May 26, 2009 11:03 pm

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:
No matter the ratings it was doomed because she didn't like it: Maybe because it was too masculine for her tastes
If this show is considered too masculine, take a look at me: I'm an average American female, who just happens to love cars. But then again, most women don't care for cars, except for the fact that they just take them from Point "A" to Point "B". :(
It was just a theory of mine along with everything that I said in post, but you are right. There are not a lot of women who like cars. All of the women in my family could care less about going to a car show and make fun of how Dad and I react to a classic Mopar or any sports/Muscle car. If I see a car I like I stare at it till it passes, then the wife is like, "Why don't I get that reaction?" I'm like would you rather it be another lady instead of a car? I saw a 2010 Dodge Challenger the other day here in Shelby NC, and was drooling, thank God the wife wasn't with me. So there are two confirmed sightings of 2010 Challengers in Cleveland County, NC.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed May 27, 2009 2:07 am

I'm not saying GST did everything right, but the show that made it to air was NOT the show GST wanted to do. He was brought in to create an exciting action-adventure show and then NBC and Ford wouldn't let him do anything he wanted. In many ways, his hands were tied.

The "reboot" which addressed MANY of our concerns was already being worked on after only a few episodes had aired. (the production was a few months ahead of broadcast.) So GST knew early on that the show had problems, and fixed many of them.

GST is getting a bum rap and I think much of the anger directed towards him is unwarranted.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Wed May 27, 2009 6:30 am

Ok, I have to say I am confused now :shock: in another Topic, some one wrote that GST didnt want to have the reebot, and if it was up to him, then we would hav all the episods with the TOTW theme!!!
If NBC and Ford forced him to do something, why take it??? why make it?? I mean he KNEW that there was something wrong with the show, and the show will have his name on it, so he looks to me like a guy who shots him self in the foot!!!!!! am I right?? I mean why whould he do a show that he knows will not be good and will damage his name at the end?????
I got to say, this doesnt make any sence to me :roll: !!!!!!!

and If NBC and Ford DID tell him what to do, did they tell him to go with the TOTW theme?? did they creat this and gave the braod lines then he went and created didfferent episods within the limits given to him???? Image :kitt:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed May 27, 2009 7:32 am

HisNameisGarth wrote:Yes....

The Pilot Movie was good to great.....

Then GST absolutely destroyed it. Turned it into a lame Mission Impossible clone with way too many characters and hired awful writers. He made the car look ridiculous (attack mode) -- with morphing that defied logic.... How can a 3300 lb. Mustang change into a 5500 lb. Crew Cab Pickup?

Season 1 was so bad -- it was time to put it out of its misery.
F*** YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So elegantly put!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed May 27, 2009 10:32 am

@Knight007:

I am sure there are many things that Gary was fully responsible for and he simply made the wrong call. My main point is that I don't know everything that was happening behind the scenes. I DO know that Gary was forced to add a lot of things to the show and to take a lot of things out. I heard him directly. And even if the reboot was forced upon him, he made it work.

I'm just guessing here, but I assume NBC didn't offer Gary a job and say "hey, you want to work on the new Knight Rider? You can do whatever you want with it, and then we're going to come in and change everything on you."

Again, I think GST made some mistakes, but I just feel like people are passing all the blame on to him and I don't think that's fair. There were a lot of cooks in the kitchen.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Wed May 27, 2009 5:50 pm

David Whiteheart wrote:
Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:
It was just a theory of mine along with everything that I said in post, but you are right. There are not a lot of women who like cars. All of the women in my family could care less about going to a car show and make fun of how Dad and I react to a classic Mopar or any sports/Muscle car. If I see a car I like I stare at it till it passes, then the wife is like, "Why don't I get that reaction?" I'm like would you rather it be another lady instead of a car? I saw a 2010 Dodge Challenger the other day here in Shelby NC, and was drooling, thank God the wife wasn't with me. So there are two confirmed sightings of 2010 Challengers in Cleveland County, NC.
*off topic* 2010 challengers? I wanna see one of those! *bounces off the walls in excitement* :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Wed May 27, 2009 8:42 pm

NBC CEO:

I agree entirely

fox news never lies
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Wed May 27, 2009 10:51 pm

One must also remember that Fox News is always fair and impartial as well. Image

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Thu May 28, 2009 1:05 am

hahaha. faux news.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Thu May 28, 2009 4:11 am

I got to say I dont realy like Fox news at all. I always try to watch Keith Olberman from MSNBC, I like the he presents his show.

anyway, back to KR, if GST is not to blame for every thing wrong that happened to the show, they why not stand up and make some kind of press release or email to clear his position???? I mean for sure their are other people who told him the same thing we are saying here, so why not answer them back??? Image :kitt:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:06 pm

What does finger pointing help in the situation? Seriously?

Despite the show;s shortcomings specially at the beginning, it became a show that finally got it's own footing at the end only to have it very cruelly canceled by the NBC execs. But again finger pointing as to why the show was canned does nothing...