Just a thought about a second season

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Just a thought about a second season

Post by GT500KR » Tue May 19, 2009 12:50 pm

I was thinking, NBC just announced the Fall Schedule. What if NBC is waiting on the European Market, from what i heard so far so good over there.

What if they are holding it out and to put it on the Spring Schedule?
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

ANDREWHEARNE
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Just a thought about a second season

Post by ANDREWHEARNE » Tue May 19, 2009 12:58 pm

That's true and like they say no news is good news - also no indication of it being cancelled i.e . no announcement from NBC and the fall schedule says January nothing else - I'm still hoping. Didn't we have to wait for series in September and pilot in February, September long way off next year.

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Tue May 19, 2009 5:05 pm

That's true. They could be waiting until the season of American Idol is over so they don't compete. I'm starting to think we're grasping at straws now...
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Tue May 19, 2009 5:13 pm

they didn't mention any of the shows that were not renewed. If the show was renewed, they mentioned it. If it was going to start after the Winter Olympics, they were mentioned. If they are not a part of NBC's plans, they were not mentioned.

Bandit1
Operative

Post by Bandit1 » Tue May 19, 2009 7:01 pm

OMG :roll:

What if NBC get it in the 2108 Schedule?? :shock:

come on guys. its over for knight rider now :cry:

i loved the new kitt and mike :roll:

now i hate GST and NBC sh*t :evil:
Sorry for bad laguage,i´m still learning english!

GREETINGS FROM GERMANY

ltaz103
Volunteer

Post by ltaz103 » Tue May 19, 2009 7:33 pm

I hope that is the case that we will hear some sort of news about a mis-season replacement or short season order.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Tue May 19, 2009 11:41 pm

Bandit1 wrote:OMG :roll:

What if NBC get it in the 2108 Schedule?? :shock:

come on guys. its over for knight rider now :cry:

i loved the new kitt and mike :roll:

now i hate GST and NBC sh*t :evil:
dont be a prick, at least my logic was a reasonable one.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Tue May 19, 2009 11:50 pm

kr08 is over lets get real !!! we should be puting our efforts into writing letters to the weinstein company to get them to get the motion picture into production
in glen larson we trust.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Wed May 20, 2009 12:16 am

knightprobe89 wrote:kr08 is over lets get real !!! we should be puting our efforts into writing letters to the weinstein company to get them to get the motion picture into production
Exactly, Knight Rider is History.

Listen, I love KR, I waited all this time holding my breath to hear that we got a second season.
Yesmaybe they will bring it back tomorrow, and maybe they will bring it back in the spring, maybe they will bring it back after 5 years. no one knows.
Even if they DO BRING IT BACK, what would be the plot? continue from the point they left it? start with total new car and cast? all we have at this point of time, lots of questions and NO answers .
Lets not live in dreams and be real, the show is over. NBC killed KR.
Image :kitt:

KNIGHT10000
Volunteer

Post by KNIGHT10000 » Wed May 20, 2009 1:29 am

There are a lot of strange things about this suppose cancellation of Knight Rider.

1. NBC has not said what shows are officially canceled.

2. If you cancel a show; Why in the world would you be going on "Tours" and make a Campaign about a cancelled show like nothing bad is happening to it or is just a normal running show?

3. It would be more easy and economic just to make a press release saying that the show is cancelled and that the other countries who are waiting to see the series just have to wait to buy or rent the series.
Not only the tours are expensive; they also had to make changes to the Sci Fi Channel program block; they also have to find advertisements for the show; it is to much work and money spent again if this show is cancelled.

4. Could there be a possibility that NBC is making changes to its show structure and are aiming for drama, reality shows and comedy only and Knight Rider has become more of a Sci Fi show so they are moving it to SCI FI Channel?

5. Somebody here in the web board said that Justin had made a new contract for NBC; that was verified or it was only a rumor?

That’s my opinion; I only hope that the series get move to Sci Fi Channel; if not it is a sad day for Knight Rider fans everywhere.
ONE MAN CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
MAKE IT A POSITIVE ONE

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Wed May 20, 2009 2:05 am

what's with all the debbie downers on this board now..
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bandit1
Operative

Post by Bandit1 » Wed May 20, 2009 5:32 am

There are a lot of strange things about this suppose cancellation of Knight Rider.

1. NBC has not said what shows are officially canceled.

2. If you cancel a show; Why in the world would you be going on "Tours" and make a Campaign about a cancelled show like nothing bad is happening to it or is just a normal running show?

3. It would be more easy and economic just to make a press release saying that the show is cancelled and that the other countries who are waiting to see the series just have to wait to buy or rent the series.
Not only the tours are expensive; they also had to make changes to the Sci Fi Channel program block; they also have to find advertisements for the show; it is to much work and money spent again if this show is cancelled.

4. Could there be a possibility that NBC is making changes to its show structure and are aiming for drama, reality shows and comedy only and Knight Rider has become more of a Sci Fi show so they are moving it to SCI FI Channel?

5. Somebody here in the web board said that Justin had made a new contract for NBC; that was verified or it was only a rumor?

That’s my opinion; I only hope that the series get move to Sci Fi Channel; if not it is a sad day for Knight Rider fans everywhere.
tis is all very perplexing :shock:
that is our last hope now.

maybe neps or somehow can ask nbc now what teh future of knight rider is.

how hard can it be for nbc to give the fans an answer :roll:

we supportet the show from pilot to the end.

some of us loved the show.
Sorry for bad laguage,i´m still learning english!

GREETINGS FROM GERMANY

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Wed May 20, 2009 5:56 am

Knight10000,

I had the same idea you mentioned in your first point. I was talking to my wife the other day and we both agreed sending KITT to spain, the Knight Rider festival and other functions only indicate NBC WILL go for season 2. I mean what is the use wasting money on a dead show, right?

I dont know if this is the case for Networks to release any CONFIRMATION about cancelling any of its shows AFTER publishing the new lineup!!! I mean is it required? mind you, I dont live in the states so I dont know the normal process for such situations.

Please any one who has more insight about the process of "confirming or canciling" a show, give us more information. are we missing something here or KR IS OVER???? Image :kitt: