NBC announced official Fall Schedule : No kr

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: NBC announced official Fall Schedule : No kr

Post by KnightRiderKR » Tue May 19, 2009 11:13 pm

Solid Snake wrote:
Lost Knight wrote:I sincerely hope people can move on now. But then again there's still some people yapping about how K.I.T.T. should've been a Camaro, so it's not likely to happen any time soon.

Thank god it wasn't a Camaro, for one it looks worse and secondly the show would have been dead much much much earlier as GM could not keep the deal going (money wise).
Pontiac only provided the Trans Ams for KITT, not most of the show's cars in general.

KnightRider87t/a
Recruit

Post by KnightRider87t/a » Wed May 20, 2009 12:50 am

Dammit no how how?! noo ugh damn :x

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Wed May 20, 2009 1:18 am

Lost Knight wrote:I sincerely hope people can move on now. But then again there's still some people yapping about how K.I.T.T. should've been a Camaro, so it's not likely to happen any time soon.
Im still hearing the same thing about Transformers and how Bumblebee should of been Volkswagon Bug and so on...
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

KNIGHT10000
Volunteer

Post by KNIGHT10000 » Wed May 20, 2009 1:25 am

There are a lot of strange things about this suppose cancellation of Knight Rider.

1. NBC has not said what shows are officially canceled.

2. If you cancel a show; Why in the world would you be going on "Tours" and make a Campaign about a cancelled show like nothing bad is happening to it or is just a normal running show?

3. It would be more easy and economic just to make a press release saying that the show is cancelled and that the other countries who are waiting to see the series just have to wait to buy or rent the series.
Not only the tours are expensive; they also had to make changes to the Sci Fi Channel program block; they also have to find advertisements for the show; it is to much work and money spent again if this show is cancelled.

4. Could there be a possibility that NBC is making changes to its show structure and are aiming for drama, reality shows and comedy only and Knight Rider has become more of a Sci Fi show so they are moving it to SCI FI Channel?

5. Somebody here in the web board said that Justin had made a new contract for NBC; that was verified or it was only a rumor?

That’s my opinion; I only hope that the series get move to Sci Fi Channel; if not it is a sad day for Knight Rider fans everywhere.
ONE MAN CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
MAKE IT A POSITIVE ONE

buddyglenn
Stranger

Post by buddyglenn » Wed May 20, 2009 1:43 am

Hi,
First time posting.

Although I'm sad just like all of you, the show is over on NBC. Period. The network has no desire to bring the show back; it won't be back mid-season. The ratings were low and it had lousy reviews. I, too, thought the TV series was weak. It was too over the top.

I kept watching until the end, and I still thought it had potential. The last set of episodes were better with the reboot and smaller cast. It's too bad there is no 2nd season.

If there is any hope, it would have to be the production studio, NBC Universal Studios, to shop the program to other cable networks or first-run syndication. Honestly, it doesn't appear at this point, there is any movement.

89IROCNDoug
Operative

Post by 89IROCNDoug » Wed May 20, 2009 2:05 am

Proof that if something is powered by Ford, it is doomed to fail!

Transformers got a sequel and I doubt that it stops there.
One man did make a difference.

crashb648
Operative

Post by crashb648 » Wed May 20, 2009 5:19 am

This is really disappointing news. After loving the original series, i was so hyper and excited when i heard there was a new series on its way. With the parts ive seen, ok its not as good as the original, but on its own its a really good series and i am massively disappointed its been canceled by NBC.

I reckon the UK may save the show (like baywatch) as i think the show will do well here for various reasons.

NBC may have cancelled it, but its not the end. lets FIGHT to save the show. And you can prove that one man can make a difference.
http://www.thetributepages.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Online Tribute Pages for Video Games, Movies and TV Shows. Including: Knight Rider and Knight Rider: The Game!

lknight
Volunteer

Post by lknight » Wed May 20, 2009 6:51 am

Tony P Knight Driver wrote:Well I am very disapointed.
I congratulate my fellow fans on a valiant effort.

Now on to my venting..
All I can say is thank you GST. "did you ever watch the "original" show?" quote from galaxy quest.

You totally F"d up a perfectly good oppertuntiy to carry on the Knight Rider fanchise.

Why you chose to do you own thing with the series is a complete mystery to me, but as the ratings showed in the end, the viewers wanted Knight Rider (Micheal Knight and Kitt) not the transformers version you offered.

GST next time some one asks you to produce a remake of an iconic series, Please do us all a favor and stay home.I promise you from now on I will boycott any project you are assoicated with.
I am disappointed too but i disagree with this statement (the viewers wanted Knight Rider (Micheal Knight and Kitt) not the transformers version you offered) as i think this was more entertaining and enjoyable than the fist knight rider as kitt dose more than the first kitt.

:kitt:

lknight
Volunteer

Post by lknight » Wed May 20, 2009 9:31 am

crashb648 wrote:This is really disappointing news. After loving the original series, i was so hyper and excited when i heard there was a new series on its way. With the parts ive seen, ok its not as good as the original, but on its own its a really good series and i am massively disappointed its been canceled by NBC.

I reckon the UK may save the show (like baywatch) as i think the show will do well here for various reasons.

NBC may have cancelled it, but its not the end. lets FIGHT to save the show. And you can prove that one man can make a difference.
There is an online petition.
http://www.gopetition.co.uk/petitions/s ... /sign.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:kitt: :kittconv2: :dance:

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Wed May 20, 2009 11:03 am

KnightRiderKR wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:

Thank god it wasn't a Camaro, for one it looks worse and secondly the show would have been dead much much much earlier as GM could not keep the deal going (money wise).
Pontiac only provided the Trans Ams for KITT, not most of the show's cars in general.
Wrong, General Motors was the main provider of the cars (or atleast was allowing their cars to be in it with their full glory). While Ford cars and vans were features with either missing or incomplete Ford branding. I will not go as far as to say that GM provided ALL of the cars, but they clearly had a connection to the production.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!