HUD in lexus, this could be made for KI3T

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

K.A.R.R. (09)
Operative

HUD in lexus, this could be made for KI3T

Post by K.A.R.R. (09) » Sun May 17, 2009 1:12 pm

Ok, they are now finally putting in a HUD type speedometer into the new lexus and possibly other cars. but this was first seen in the 1988 pontiac Banshee IV concept. check this out, if they had produced these in the 80s, our cars would be more advanced now. http://www.lexus.com/ALLNEWRX/#/350/nav ... navsystem/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:karr:

elphie
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: HUD in lexus, this could be made for KI3T

Post by elphie » Sun May 17, 2009 1:39 pm

That is amazing.
I'm through accepting limits/Cause someone says they're so/Some things I cannot change/but till I try, I'll never know!

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Sun May 17, 2009 1:40 pm

I know Corvettes have had these for a number of years now, but how much would have been to throw this technology in something like a Malibu :idea:

It would have been kind of cool to have a jump start on something different like this, since I'm guessing it will eventually be common. If its in Lexus now, Toyota will follow soon enough.

Sorry for my US automaker rant of the week.

K.A.R.R. (09)
Operative

Post by K.A.R.R. (09) » Sun May 17, 2009 1:44 pm

now combine it with this function: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSrcUZ77Rsk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk0UJz4p ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and youll have a voice operated car that can pick you up almost anywhere! Like in TOS

:karr: :kitt:

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by MR2NR » Sun May 17, 2009 4:49 pm

All cars are missing now days to be KITT is the AI (Artificial Intelligence). We have had HUD and the XM Nav Traffic and Weather is network driven. As soon as we get that KITT is born :).
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon May 18, 2009 1:45 am

MR2NR wrote:All cars are missing now days to be KITT is the AI (Artificial Intelligence). We have had HUD and the XM Nav Traffic and Weather is network driven. As soon as we get that KITT is born :).
but you will be missing its personality and humanity. remember the KR 2000 movie? that was what Devon said when first tested KIFT Image :kitt: