Knight Rider number one on Sci-Fi

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

rwmu
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider number one on Sci-Fi

Post by rwmu » Fri May 15, 2009 11:54 am

Positive figures outside the USA won't help bring a new season for Knight Rider this year, the choices have already been made they've just not told us. However high figs might help get one for the year after or help bring on a movie.

Half a Million on a niche channel is ok but KR08 should have been on a major channel if it was to make a real impact.

As for Mr Marcus his opinion is his own good or bad, telling him, to "Shut the Hell Up" however is not appropiate behaviour. He's abit insular but lots of people are like that.
Είναι καλύτερο να θεωρηθεί ως ανόητος, από να ανοιχτεί το στόμα σας και να αφαιρεθεί όλη η αμφιβολία.

2knight
Rookie

Post by 2knight » Fri May 15, 2009 11:58 am

[quote="Mr.Marcus"]I'm not "raining on anyone's parade" I'm just trying to manage expectations. The fat lady has sung, so its not healthy to jump on 500,000 in foreign ratings and use that as the basis to put forth the idea that it will renew KR domestically on NBC.
/quote]

Actually, lots of recent studies have shown that optimistic people live longer, healthier lives and have more resiliance when something bad happens in their lives than negative people. People who dwell on negativity are more prone to depression, stress, high blood pressure, heart attack and stroke and have a harder time dealing with change. So we might need to revise our opinions of what is healthy and what is pathological.

I think most people on this group are aware of the reality that Knight Rider could be cancelled, but to accept that as a fact until "the fath lady has sung" would be self-defeating.

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Fri May 15, 2009 12:30 pm

Thank you DJGM, my point exactly. And rwmu yes everyone is entitled to their onw opinion, but wishing a TV show to be cancelled just because he doesn't like it is completely ignorant and disrespectful to all those of us who enjoy it. Marcus should return to the original series if he doesn't like this one and turn the channel over when it's on TV. There's plenty of shows I can't stand but I know to show more respect to those that do than Marcus does! In addition, accusing fans of KR08 of not being "true KR fans" just because they like the new series and saying that we don't have as "refined" tastes" as him is completley and utterly offensive!!

We can have all our own opinions but his behaviour here is completely unacceptable and I for one want something to be done about it.
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Fri May 15, 2009 1:42 pm

Then what you should do knightendo77 is click the triangle with the exclimation mark and report Mr Marcus's threads, the Mods are very active and will deal with you complaint pretty much straight away.
Είναι καλύτερο να θεωρηθεί ως ανόητος, από να ανοιχτεί το στόμα σας και να αφαιρεθεί όλη η αμφιβολία.

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Fri May 15, 2009 10:38 pm

knightendo77 wrote:We can have all our own opinions but his behaviour here is completely unacceptable and I for one want something to be done about it.
Marcus has been on “vacation” for over 24 hours now, so unless he chooses to keep making comments towards you guys instead of your opinions, I feel that this matter has been dealt with. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Sat May 16, 2009 12:37 am

Matthew wrote:
knightendo77 wrote:We can have all our own opinions but his behaviour here is completely unacceptable and I for one want something to be done about it.
Marcus has been on “vacation” for over 24 hours now, so unless he chooses to keep making comments towards you guys instead of your opinions, I feel that this matter has been dealt with. :good:

Matt
Good, he was starting to get on everyones *insert blank's* :wink:
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]